PDA

View Full Version : Beta PVP Arena! Let's feedback here~*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 05:54 AM
Here’s a brief write-up of the current Arena (Beta) system.
The Arena comes with 4 tabs: ATTACK, DEFENSE,RANKING & REWARDS.
We starts with 10 Sands of War(soW) and each battle cost 1 SoW.

ATTACK
10 random Arena opponents are shown here for your selection, list is refreshed hourly or at the cost of 10 Ironites.
You get to choose 1 Eddie & 3 allies for the battle, and you get to see your opponent characters without knowing their additional stats nor skill level.

DEFENSE
You get to list 1 Eddie & 3 allies as your defense team, and you get to test your own defense team without any cost nor reward.
You also get to see the player that defeated your team, and you get to revenge by starting a battle here.

RANKING
Shows the top 100 Arena players here, also get to see how are your Troopers doing.

REWARDS
Show the Ranking tiers & rewards and the amount of points to get them. There's is a countdown timer to indicate when will the ranking be reset.

There’s also an icon for Arena Shop which you get to redeem goodies with the Iron coins that you won, and also get to purchase SoW refill with 30 Ironites.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 05:56 AM
Bugs:

1) Tapping on the plus icon to purchase more SoW currently leads you to the outside shop which only SoT can be purchased.

2) Time to refill is eccentric, after a while 38mins seems to be the standard to refill 1 SoW.

3) Game hangs upon winning a test defense game.

Nicko
12-15-2016, 06:11 AM
Thanks for getting this thread started!

Vertax616
12-15-2016, 07:06 AM
Thank you Kaijester for this thread! If someone can also post screenshots it would be great.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 07:42 AM
Thank you Kaijester for this thread! If someone can also post screenshots it would be great.

Done!
Screenshots included in first post!

vgta99
12-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Thanks Kaijester for reports ;)

Vertax616
12-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Done!
Screenshots included in first post!

This is very helpful, I appreciate a lot your effort, thanks Kaijester!

90mphyorker
12-15-2016, 10:40 AM
How many iron coins do you get for a battle win? Trying to figure out how long it'll take to save up for Rare Magus/Warrior/Sentinel Souls.

Great they are in there though. Means it'll be easy enough to save Trooper points for Skill Shards and Iron Coins for souls.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 10:46 AM
How many iron coins do you get for a battle win? Trying to figure out how long it'll take to save up for Rare Magus/Warrior/Sentinel Souls.

Great they are in there though. Means it'll be easy enough to save Trooper points for Skill Shards and Iron Coins for souls.

6 Iron Coins per win.

konstifik
12-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Are Iron Coins the only reward from a battle or do you also get gold/resources/XP?

I really like the option to attack players you defended against.

Does the AI seem to be the same as in PVE? Really need to think about the use of perfect hit triggered skills in the defense team if so.

Are there any differences in how the battle works compared to dungeons? For example, do you start with 6 power? Do you fight until a whole team is killed or just until either your or the opponents Eddie is killed?

Pretty excited about this really.

hold
12-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Quite interesting ... cheers for that!

Is the fight over like in PVE when your Eddie falls? Or is it last man standing? Thanks!

90mphyorker
12-15-2016, 12:11 PM
6 Iron Coins per win.

Cheers. Thought it was from your screenshots.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Last character standing, so Eddie death is not that significant.

Beside Iron Coins and rank points, you will also get XP and gold too, SoT and Ironites so far always 0 as reward.

IMO AI seems smarter...battle seems to randomly choose which team to start first. The starting team starts with 2 power while the the team that goes second gets 9 power.

hold
12-15-2016, 12:18 PM

Beside Iron Coins and rank points, you will also get XP and gold too, SoT and Ironites so far always 0 as reward.

IMO AI seems smarter...

Thanks man ... that opens some interesting aspects ... :)

FlyingV
12-15-2016, 12:20 PM

IMO AI seems smarter...battle seems to randomly choose which team to start first. The starting team starts with 2 power while the the team that goes second gets 9 power.

Have you actually lost? If so, have you lost with any consistency or was it more like auto farming Game of Death where occasionally, you inexplicably died while your back was turned?

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 12:30 PM
There is an autoplay button in the Arena button which I've no intention of trying, just like I don't autoplay game of death. The AI was referring to the opponent team.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Look who've I found~*

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Note to Dev,

I've been testing Gunner Corrupt Rescuer in Defense Team and out of 3 tries, his/her power ability fails to revive a fallen comrade.

Roquetas-5312
12-15-2016, 01:36 PM
can you fight the same person multiple times ?
If so how many times a day ?

satani
12-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Note to Dev,

I've been testing Gunner Corrupt Rescuer in Defense Team and out of 3 tries, his/her power ability fails to revive a fallen comrade.

maybe the fallen one got "permadeath" marked?

On topic: no backup eddie? Well. it would be too easy if you go in with 3 good equipped eddies in a good combo, fight till Eddie 1 is almost dead, switch to eddie 2 and repeat... I'm fine with that.

Btw. I'm happy, too that i have the gunner corrupt rescuer. Her passive shield make nearly unbeatable. (Yet today in Lightbringer madness - first round - one of the bats (i think it was the red one with true damage) attacked my Gunner CorRes and she lost health, so the attack ignored her titan shield? All other attacks went directly on shield, not her health.

From what it looks like, it looks promising. Yet your trooper badges are limited to "single player"/campaign? And you have different SoT? So you can spent 80 SoT in campaign to farm runes and gain/spent troopers and additionaly to that you can spend ~the same time batteling other teams?

aur0ra85
12-15-2016, 02:17 PM
It actually seems like a very refined gameplay, clearly they've been working on this for a long time and have put much effort into it.
Love the store, I see why the purchases are limited as people would relentlessly play and spam buy skill shards. Speaking of which, it's great they've added another method of collecting skill shards. Kudos again.
You're going to require a huge bank of talismans to do well in this arena trading characters on defence and attacking. It would be great if that weren't still a broken mechanic in the main game ->this is a massive criticism of mine, and it's still a dealbreaker for me. Some characters like samurai Eddie still need complete reworks of certain skills I feel. I love the fact that for your defence team you can make a full cheese setup and not have to play it lmao. And for the attacking team a full cheese setup will not get you to the top of the arena because it would take a loooooooong time for every battle ->but you can try every cheesey setup you would like providing you have the talismans.
Overall very solid addition to the game and it feels LONG overdue, I feel like if we'd had the arena on the initial release this game would have had a much more successful launch. I'm going to go out on a limb and say once the arena has a global launch, and we have less in game broken mechanics like the talisman upgrade materials, it should generate much more interest in the game. Lots of fun.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 02:33 PM
No permadeath ability in my testing.

Vertax616
12-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Hello Kaijester, I have some questions...
Firstly when you are attacking, it is against AI is it? Also I thought that the one who attacks is also AI, is this true or it is you that plays not AI?

Secondly have you beaten Sparton? :D

hold
12-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know if the AI makes use of powers that come from a talisman set? Like Meteor and the likes.

I put it in a different way: Would it make sense to equip the defense teams with such talismans?

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 02:50 PM
I've not seen AI using power ability from talisman before, do they use them in campaign battle?

Vertax, when you play offensive team, the gameplay is the same in dungeon/campaign which you have control. Your defense team is pure AI and you don't get to see how others beat your defense team too.

konstifik
12-15-2016, 02:58 PM
It would great if someone with access would like to list what is available in the Arena store, with prices and limits.

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 03:02 PM
See my first post, sentinel rare soul for 200 and Skill Shard 350 is missing from the screenshot. GA rare soul not in store.

FlyingV
12-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Have you actually lost? If so, have you lost with any consistency or was it more like auto farming Game of Death where occasionally, you inexplicably died while your back was turned?

There is an autoplay button in the Arena button which I've no intention of trying, just like I don't autoplay game of death. The AI was referring to the opponent team.

I think there was a misunderstanding with what I was asking. Fun and novelty aside, are you actually challenged, as in losing battles with some frequency as the attacker, or is this more of a fun sort of manual farming where you typically win all the time?

konstifik
12-15-2016, 03:15 PM
See my first post, sentinel rare soul for 200 and Skill Shard 350 is missing from the screenshot. GA rare soul not in store.

Thanks for filling in what didn't show in the screenshot! One per week limit on the skill shard?

Vertax616
12-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Vertax, when you play offensive team, the gameplay is the same in dungeon/campaign which you have control. Your defense team is pure AI and you don't get to see how others beat your defense team too.
Thanks for the reply, looking forward to play myself!

Kaijester
12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks for filling in what didn't show in the screenshot! One per week limit on the skill shard?

Yes one per week too.

FlyingV, I've not lost as attacker yet but came close to it. I feel the challenge and had to make plenty of strategic thoughts for the battles.

aur0ra85
12-15-2016, 03:45 PM
I think there was a misunderstanding with what I was asking. Fun and novelty aside, are you actually challenged, as in losing battles with some frequency as the attacker, or is this more of a fun sort of manual farming where you typically win all the time?

Depends, most of the battles you just steam roll as clearly people are still struggling to put together characters that have synergy and Max talismans. My defence team is like this, it's a conglomerate of a bunch of annoying characters to play against that don't have great synergy, I have characters with synergy, and I have max talismans, but I'm struggling to put together a team that has both. My attack team is also the same, but at least they work together pretty good and they hit hard. I came across one guy whose defence team beat the tar out of me twice in a row as he got the first turn, was a slaughter. My trophies are much higher than his, so the one time I beat him I got +5, both of my fails were a combined -18. That said, I believe this is equilibrium levelling things out. One or two particular character sets should become meta defence teams in the long term, attack teams will have many metas I feel, and this is where the large pool of Max talismans comes into play: in order to have success against all defending teams, and win quickly, you're going to require a massive pool of Max talismans. Particular rare characters seem less important as long as you can put together one decent defensive team.

aur0ra85
12-15-2016, 03:47 PM
There are loads of broken talismans and character skills still, too many bugs to list.

Roquetas-5312
12-15-2016, 03:53 PM
So it look likes it runs weekly from Sunday to Saturday night.

Devs is the store run on per Calendar month for legendary and weekly as above or from when you purchase items ?

FlyingV
12-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Depends, most of the battles you just steam roll as clearly people are still struggling to put together characters that have synergy and Max talismans...

...One or two particular character sets should become meta defence teams in the long term, attack teams will have many metas I feel, and this is where the large pool of Max talismans comes into play: in order to have success against all defending teams, and win quickly, you're going to require a massive pool of Max talismans. Particular rare characters seem less important as long as you can put together one decent defensive team.

Thanks. When you say this are you meaning solid 5* talismans (Lev. 30+) or are you saying that lev. 50 five star talismans really seem to be the requirement all the way around?

slauki
12-15-2016, 04:07 PM
glad to see more constructive threads right now, thank you kaijester.

i like the arena very much and it feels very challenging, since some teams are hard to beat.

i also had all 3 bugs you mentioned, so they seem to be global. the SOW refill is waaaaaay to long imo,
30 mins would be better i think. but since this is, it's to early to draw final conclusions. beta, it's very promising anyway.

the core is the defense, i think most of us can beat almost every defense, but now we have to think
about the best autoplay characters, not only the best characters in a vacuum. i hope they will release it very soon so that everyone can play, this
could be very huge.

also agree with aurora, we need many more talismans right now, since we have to quickly change teams depending on
opponents defense. so it would be much more comfortable to simply swich your ally than to spend 5 mins on changing talismans first.

konstifik
12-15-2016, 04:16 PM
So, by the info of Kaijester, the store consists of:
Legendary soul - 1000 IC - 1 per month
Rare warrior soul - 200 IC - 1 per week
Rare magus soul - 200 IC - 1 per week
Rare sentinel soul - 200 IC - 1 per week
Skill shard - 350 IC - 1 per week

So you have to earn approximately 1200 IC per week to be able to purchase everything you can.

The pace of the SoW refill seems a little... unclear, but if we assume it is the same as the SoT, you can play about 35 battles per day without doing refills.

Assuming 100 % when attacking and 100 % losses when defending, and with 6 IC reward per win, you will then earn a maximum of about 210 Iron Coins per day, or 1470 per week. There is also a passage in the in-game help that you can earn more IC when you get higher rankings.

There are a few assumptions here of course, but it seems like it will be possible to buy everything that you can and still have some IC left in the bank, and this is without even spending ironite on SoW refills. However, the in-game help also indicates that we will be able to buy some kind of soul shards to summon Eternity Eddie in the future, so earning more than you can spend might be a good idea.

konstifik
12-15-2016, 04:19 PM
also agree with aurora, we need many more talismans right now, since we have to quickly change teams depending on
opponents defense. so it would be much more comfortable to simply swich your ally than to spend 5 mins on changing talismans first.

Would be great if they would make it easier to switch talismans around. It's a bit of a PIA right now with all the scrolling required.

maxdeviations
12-15-2016, 05:10 PM
any idea when this comes to the US ?

slauki
12-15-2016, 11:59 PM
one suggestion: since we know how pvp will probably work now, it would be very usefull to configure your defense in some way.

some basic commands could do the job for the beginning, like "never use skill xy" or "use skill xy as often" as possible.

it's a hard job to make the AI smarter, but it would be great if we could tune our defence with commands like that.
this would also generate more tactic possibilities. would also be grat for autofarming.

XcarecroW
12-16-2016, 04:50 AM
VPN+CANADA= Everyone betatest arena.

Nicko
12-16-2016, 06:19 AM
one suggestion: since we know how pvp will probably work now, it would be very usefull to configure your defense in some way.

some basic commands could do the job for the beginning, like "never use skill xy" or "use skill xy as often" as possible.

it's a hard job to make the AI smarter, but it would be great if we could tune our defence with commands like that.
this would also generate more tactic possibilities. would also be grat for autofarming.

Great idea - would be a game changer

Just spent a few hours on the beta. That Ironite goes quick! Slauki and I went back and forth killing each other about five times in a row :D

Definitely fun, but also has the newness factor to it. Like was mentioned earlier, there are some hodge posts teams but there are also some well thought out defense teams. Glass canon teams and teams that made great use of character synergy and talismans. Very cool seeing this play out.

I found myself putting a defense team together with a couple characters - including an Eddie - I rarely play while farming. Certainly forces you to think differently.

konstifik
12-16-2016, 07:46 AM
I've got access to Arena now (located in Sweden) and I have to say it's a lot of fun digging in to this.

As the starting turn is random, you really have to think about how you set up your offensive team. Also, the team who gets the first turn only starts with 2 power while the team who doesn't gets to start with 6 power and then get 3 more as their turn starts.

As someone already said, the AI does seem to be a bit smarter.

You receive stat bonuses as you rack up a win streak. Not sure if defensive losses will break this, but this makes you go for the weaker looking teams first to rack up wins and get bonuses for the battles against the tougher looking teams.

The bonuses are as follows:
2 wins: 5 % DEF
4 wins: 5 % MR
6 wins: 5 % ATK
8 wins: 5 % MAG
10 wins: 5 % HP & 5 % SPECIAL

Kaijester
12-16-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm beginning to think the top 6-7 ranks are unobtainable.

It appears to me that once you become the top few ranked players, everyone will attack you for higher points and taken over by someone else who will suffer the same cycle.

Lower rank player win the higher rank for 12-15 points and you revenge to get back only 5-6 points if the opponent is way lower?

Roquetas-5312
12-16-2016, 09:51 AM

It appears to me that once you become the top few ranked players, everyone will attack you for higher points and taken over by someone else who will suffer the same cycle.

Lower rank player win the higher rank for 12-15 points and you revenge to get back only 5-6 points if the opponent is way lower?

This is why I asked if you can fight someone more than once and if so how many times ?
But no one has bothered to answer !

konstifik
12-16-2016, 10:14 AM
This is why I asked if you can fight someone more than once and if so how many times ?
But no one has bothered to answer !

You get a list of ten players that you can play against. This list refreshes every hour or so, and you can refresh it yourself for a fee of 10 ironites. The players on the list are random but seems to be chosen to be somewhat close to you in ranking points. You can fight each player on the list once. You can also do a rematch against anyone who attacked you, but only once. Not sure if you can do re-rematches as well (I have only been attacked once and none of the players I attacked have attacked me back, so far). Anyway, if you have played against all 10 players on your current list and did rematches against everyone who attacked you, you can't play against anyone until the list refreshes or someone attacks you.

You can see a list of the top 100 as well as your troopers, but you can't play against them (unless they show up in your list of 10 or have attacked you). Nor can you search for players to attack.

So you can't play against the same player unlimited times. Nor can you choose freely who you play against.

Kaijester
12-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Seems like you can do unlimited revenge matches as long as your opponent fought back.

Roquetas-5312
12-16-2016, 10:24 AM
Thank you guys much appreciated
Can't wait to try this out but looks like I need to do a lot of work on talismans

konstifik
12-16-2016, 11:06 AM
So far (~15 matches) my offensive team has not had any real troubles and have won most matches in 1-2 rounds. I think the only exception was a Sentinel Soulless Demon who used his shield ability and lasted a round or two longer alone. Depending on the opponent team, I have so far switched between two different Eddies and two different toons while the other two toons have had a steady place in my team. I have not had to change any talismans around yet. So the average team seems pretty easy to beat without adapting toons and talisman setups too much, but perhaps that will change as players optimize their defending teams. The possibility to fight against your own defending team is great and something I need to explore more.

I can see a few key toons coming out of this, which a lot of players will use. Warrior Troll is an obvious one and there will probably be a few more.

satani
12-16-2016, 01:34 PM
VPN+CANADA= Everyone betatest arena.

easier said than done. I'm on android 4.4.4 and tried using VPN Master app (there are LOADS of of different VPN apps on android, yet most of them for web-browsing only). I once tried another vpn app to get Dawn of titans installed (which was locally unavailable at the time) and was not able to succeed.

One thing is, that messing with localities also results in messing with timezones, thus messing up the daily rewards?

konstifik
12-16-2016, 01:46 PM
I noticed that on the defense tab, where you see who has attacked you, it doesn't show what ranking they have. The ranking is something one would like to know when deciding whether to retaliate or not. On the other hand, I can also see a point in not showing the ranking, so perhaps this is intentional rather than something that was overlooked?

hold
12-16-2016, 02:33 PM
As I am trying to build a defense team already in my head a question that maybe only the developers can answer:

If I am applyng skill shards and it says e.g. "effect change +15%" that does not count for the talismans, right? Talismans I only can buff with accuracy?

Maybe it was asked before and somebody else could answer it as well ... thanks!

BillLion
12-16-2016, 02:39 PM
One thing I find challenging/confusing is having a rank level AND trophy requirements that place you in a league regardless of rank.

EX: I am rank 25, but in a much lower tier than would allow me to claim the rewards of that rank. This happens because I go to sleep and loose lots of trophies while being attacked. It is strange that my rank doesn't go back down too. Does rank only move forward and not backwards?

I almost spent some ironite to push into other leagues, but it feels like it will be impossible to climb anywhere near the top leagues (despite my rank). Would love to know more how this works.

(Since tone cannot be communicated well online, please read this in the most positive way possible as I really like PVP overall so far) :cool:

EDIT: I understand that the beta started shorter than the typical 1-week cycle I think you have planned. Perhaps that will make league requirements more attainable.

hold
12-16-2016, 02:49 PM
One thing I find challenging/confusing is having a rank level AND trophy requirements that place you in a league regardless of rank.

EX: I am rank 25, but in a much lower tier than would allow me to claim the rewards of that rank. This happens because I go to sleep and loose lots of trophies while being attacked. It is strange that my rank doesn't go back down too. Does rank only move forward and not backwards?

I almost spent some ironite to push into other leagues, but it feels like it will be impossible to climb anywhere near the top leagues (despite my rank). Would love to know more how this works.

(Since tone cannot be communicated well online, please read this in the most positive way possible as I really like PVP overall so far) :cool:

EDIT: I understand that the beta started shorter than the typical 1-week cycle I think you have planned. Perhaps that will make league requirements more attainable.

My first thought after revealing the gameplay went in this direction to be honest.

Loosing points for something out of your control seems weird. Imho it would be much better to take loosing as granted but if your defense team wins you get extra points. So the push is still there to build the best possible defense team but you won't get punished for having a nights sleep.

hold
12-16-2016, 02:55 PM
easier said than done. I'm on android 4.4.4 and tried using VPN Master app (there are LOADS of of different VPN apps on android, yet most of them for web-browsing only). I once tried another vpn app to get Dawn of titans installed (which was locally unavailable at the time) and was not able to succeed.

One thing is, that messing with localities also results in messing with timezones, thus messing up the daily rewards?

I tried a VPN to Canada and it didn't work. There must be some other filters acitve as well.

The timezone doesn't matter as far as I understand. The daily reward will reset at midnight UTC - exactly as the swap for the dungeons and the secret levels and so on.

Nicko
12-16-2016, 03:07 PM

I went to bed #1 woke up #3 and lost 100 points. Haven't even played my Troopers yet cause I got distracted by the arena, so will be staying away for a few hours. Ranking will definitely be a matter of the number of hours you're willing to play and defend a position

For those wondering how good you defense is, you can click on the ranking histogram on the bottom left and it gives you stats. Wins are shown in an absolute number, defense as a percentage.

For those who have played a bit, what do you think a good target number is for Defense win percentage?

Hard to make tweaks without knowing what a good target should be...

50%? I think with defense on AI it will be tough to get way above that, but would love to hear other opinions

XcarecroW
12-16-2016, 03:23 PM
I tried a VPN to Canada and it didn't work. There must be some other filters acitve as well.

The timezone doesn't matter as far as I understand. The daily reward will reset at midnight UTC - exactly as the swap for the dungeons and the secret levels and so on.

It is working, i am testing arena, not a single problem. It took me 1 hour of searching vpn apps on playstore until i found the right one. Just invest a bit of time, :)

hold
12-16-2016, 03:34 PM
It is working, i am testing arena, not a single problem. It took me 1 hour of searching vpn apps on playstore until i found the right one. Just invest a bit of time, :)

what city are you dialing into? I was dialed into Vancouver and didn't get access ...

BillLion
12-16-2016, 03:37 PM

This ties back to that idea of it being a balance. I simply won't grind non-stop -no matter the reward. That's why I hope my idea of mitigating trophies lost for defense is considered.

XcarecroW
12-16-2016, 04:00 PM
This ties back to that idea of it being a balance. I simply won't grind non-stop -no matter the reward. That's why I hope my idea of mitigating trophies lost for defense is considered.

It is clear that arena is for using a lot of ironite. The one that spends the most is going to be in a top place. And the best rewards seem ridiculous hard to get, but they are so good.
Otherside i dont like the random system about who will start first, usually who goes first wins

Nicko
12-16-2016, 04:11 PM
It is clear that arena is for using a lot of ironite. The one that spends the most is going to be in a top place. And the best rewards seem ridiculous hard to get, but they are so good.
Otherside i dont like the random system about who will start first, usually who goes first wins

Definitely sucks up the Ironite - that's for sure!

But what would be an alternative to the random system? I think it's definitely the best way to handle it. I think the attacker will almost always win if they go first, so keeping it mixed up adds to the challenge and seems to be the most fair way to do it

XcarecroW
12-16-2016, 04:26 PM
Definitely sucks up the Ironite - that's for sure!

But what would be an alternative to the random system? I think it's definitely the best way to handle it. I think the attacker will almost always win if they go first, so keeping it mixed up adds to the challenge and seems to be the most fair way to do it
I dont know, maybe the right thing would be that the attacker would go always second, i mean you have the advantage to see the team that is defending and get the chars to counter attack them, so the defending team always would go first. I really dont know how to make it fair :(
By the way how is that viking eddie going?

Nicko
12-16-2016, 04:49 PM
They have Viking Eddie as my Avatar but so far I haven't used him in the arena. He looks cool so I'm glad they chose him, but he'll be warming the bench:D

konstifik
12-16-2016, 05:05 PM

Rank is relative to other players. If you are rank 25, that means that there are 24 players with more points than you, and all the others have less than you. The rank and trophy requirements will probably make more sense when it's fully launched and everybody is in, plus full weeks of getting ranking points of course.

I like this system. Forces you to think and plan a lot more.

konstifik
12-16-2016, 05:17 PM

The one who gets to move first gets only 2 power from start, while the one who moves last starts with 6 power, plus getting 3 (plus any bonuses from passives) upon their turn. So, the player who gets to move first can only use basic attacks and some very basic power abilities, while the second player will have at least 9 power to use. This mitigates some of the advantage of getting to do the first move. I think it works pretty well. This way, you will have to try to choose a team that can both handle to move first but without power, and to move last but with a lot of power.

XcarecroW
12-16-2016, 05:33 PM
The one who gets to move first gets only 2 power from start, while the one who moves last starts with 6 power, plus getting 3 (plus any bonuses from passives) upon their turn. So, the player who gets to move first can only use basic attacks and some very basic power abilities, while the second player will have at least 9 power to use. This mitigates some of the advantage of getting to do the first move. I think it works pretty well. This way, you will have to try to choose a team that can both handle to move first but without power, and to move last but with a lot of power.
Even like this, with this system of power points, there are basic abilities more powerful than powermoves, so you can easily been almost destroyed or start with a great disadvantage just in the first turn.

Nicko
12-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Even like this, with this system of power points, there are basic abilities more powerful than powermoves, so you can easily been almost destroyed or start with a great disadvantage just in the first turn.

Definitely. But it's happened to me as an attacker as well; the defensive team has hit like a freight train and I could never recover. The couple times I've lost as an attacker have been when the AI Defense goes first

I like the balance now with the power differential as konstifik described. Kind of exciting to see which position you'll be in, and forces you to consider both possibilities as opposed to always going second. This is a beta, so I'm sure they'll continue to tweak things along the way

konstifik
12-16-2016, 06:11 PM

You just have to take all this into consideration when you choose your teams. There are ways to avoid being smashed if you don't get the first turn. Using a Warrior Troll is a common way. It makes it much more interesting to me at least. Of course you can build a team that is very likely to win if it gets the first turn, but will it survive if it doesn't?

BillLion
12-16-2016, 07:29 PM
Rank is relative to other players. If you are rank 25, that means that there are 24 players with more points than you, and all the others have less than you. The rank and trophy requirements will probably make more sense when it's fully launched and everybody is in, plus full weeks of getting ranking points of course.

I like this system. Forces you to think and plan a lot more.

Well, the #1 ranked player right now (Congrats, Miklos!) only has 1852 trophy points. That means he is nowhere near the top prize levels -so nobody will get the top few tiers of prizes at this rate. In fact players at the top probably won't get back the ironite they invested (or a prize to justify spending it) the way it is currently set up. Does that seem normal that the top prizes won't be awarded to anyone?

Dank Brew
12-16-2016, 07:35 PM

I love this Idea, Hopefully they can introduce something similar at least. As is attackers definitely have the advantage.
It would also be nice to have a lower wait time on SOW refill... 45 min for ONE? wow.

maxdeviations
12-16-2016, 07:57 PM
i was thinking of a few suggestions and would like to see what others think about this -
1. have a stand by character and a standby eddie : which means that as soon as one character dies the standby will appear (along with any passives that he may have). same goes for the standby eddie - once the main eddie dies the standby eddie will appear. this can give the gameplay a lot more depth.
2. with the added depth in the game play maybe we can reduce the recharge time for the SOW - i have to say .. sands of wrath would have been a better name :D
3. introduce some environmental aids : every day can have a different environmental aid. for example, monday can give defense team added MR. tuesday will reduce the attackers attack stat by some value etc (or some other cool stuff) .. this will make things really interesting and will encourage players to upgrade and choose characters more efficiently.

what do you guys think ?

Sparton_LOTB
12-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Lots of great comments here; thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone!

I won't be replying to everyone (I've still got a lot of work for the Christmas thing and for helping fix and tune PVP stuff), but me and others are reading all of your replies, in this thread and others. I figured I'd reply to this next quote, though, just to help be clear when the reset occurs:

Well, the #1 ranked player right now (Congrats, Miklos!) only has 1852 trophy points. That means he is nowhere near the top prize levels -so nobody will get the top few tiers of prizes at this rate. In fact players at the top probably won't get back the ironite they invested (or a prize to justify spending it) the way it is currently set up. Does that seem normal that the top prizes won't be awarded to anyone?

As you noted in a previous post, the beta started in the middle of what is normally a 1 week cycle, so if we had started this when the reset would have started (Sunday 00:00 UTC), people would end up a fair bit higher by the time reset occurs.

Additionally, the reset will give out rewards to all players based on their division (which you must meet both requirements to be a part of for the highest ones), and will reset their points... but not to the starting 1000. Those who climbed highest will still be a few hundred above the default point value. Not enough to give them an insurmountable edge (so others can catch up and have a chance at winning in a subsequent week), but enough to help make it so those who consistently compete can make it to those highest VP thresholds... and have a chance to compete for the Eternal Division prize.

So yeah, I don't really expect anyone to get to that top division this week. Maybe not even next week. But people will get closer and closer over time, and the more high-ranking players who are competing, the easier it is to rise... and knock each other down.

...At least that's the hope. Thus the beta test and slowly increasing capacity!

EDIT: Oh, and we found out why peeps couldn't have avatar pics on forum posts... we've now enabled that so everyone should be able to. Have fun making your pic your favourite Eddie or Ally, or whatever else you choose! (just keep it tasteful, please)

BillLion
12-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Thank you for clarifying this, Sparton. It makes much more sense to me now, especially knowing it doesn't reset to to 1,000 each week.

I appreciate you taking the time to interact with us clowns!

RCarter
12-17-2016, 03:16 AM
About how many rounds are you guys finding that a typical match lasts?

FlyingV
12-17-2016, 03:47 AM

On the main account, I typically finish the opponent in 2 rounds. The longest may have been 5 or 6, but that was a fluke.

Eagleknight
12-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the avatars. I am can't wait to test the pvp hurry up and allow us players to try it :D thanks.

Kaijester
12-17-2016, 06:34 AM
Haha just the 2nd day...gives up on ranking. Just gonna earn Iron Coins and get weekly goodies and monthly legendary souls. Despite all the fun in PVP, it's too tedious maintaining the rank and fighting back and forth endlessly. Maybe they should cap the limit to revenge battles?

Vertax616
12-17-2016, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the avatars. I am can't wait to test the pvp hurry up and allow us players to try it :D thanks.
Hello, so I couldn't find how to change my avatar, how can we change it? I am on mobile.

Eagleknight
12-17-2016, 06:47 AM
Hello, so I couldn't find how to change my avatar, how can we change it? I am on mobile.

Settings at top of page then edit avatar.

Roquetas-5312
12-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Don't think anyone has asked this yet but how many rounds is a normal fight and a hard fight ?

Nicko
12-17-2016, 07:07 AM
Sparton,

It seems to be possible to earn many more iron coins than one can spend in a week given the current stores weekly and monthly limits. Is the store going to be expanded? In other words would it make sense to hold onto the coins to see what else is coming?

Thanks!

Vertax616
12-17-2016, 07:09 AM
Settings at top of page then edit avatar.

Thank you!

hold
12-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Sparton,

It seems to be possible to earn many more iron coins than one can spend in a week given the current stores weekly and monthly limits. Is the store going to be expanded? In other words would it make sense to hold onto the coins to see what else is coming?

Thanks!

Wasn't there in the announcement that in the future you will able to buy eternal shards that lead to an eternal soul that might have an Eternal Eddie in it? If it takes an eternity to get an Eternal Eddie is however unclear right now :)

Mizrael
12-17-2016, 11:48 AM
There is an autoplay button in the Arena button which I've no intention of trying...

Beta testing at its best!!! LOL

FlyingV
12-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Looks like we have a store-bought champion, so far. He had at me 4-5 times, failing all but the last. I got my revenge (On some of you as well) and then went over to my secondary account. Same guy attacked me 5 times there too?!

The primary account makes sense... He failed over and over. But the secondary does not where he succeeded 4-5 times over. When I beat someone on offense they are locked out with a victory banner over the battle tab. How is this clown defeating my other account over and over?

There appear to be two explanations: Either the 10 ironite refresh removes victory banners and allows you to re-defeat the same players, or there is a definite bug/exploit here. Depending on which explanation makes sense, someone is either breaking the bank on ironite or cheating/taking advantage of an exploit.

I'm with Kai... there is enough to enjoy stacking coins and getting revenge over worring about rankings as were. That is definitely going to be a pay to play honor under the current setup.

konstifik
12-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Looks like we have a store-bought champion, so far. He had at me 4-5 times, failing all but the last. I got my revenge (On some of you as well) and then went over to my secondary account. Same guy attacked me 5 times there too?!

The primary account makes sense... He failed over and over. But the secondary does not where he succeeded 4-5 times over. When I beat someone on offense they are locked out with a victory banner over the battle tab. How is this clown defeating my other account over and over?

There appear to be two explanations: Either the 10 ironite refresh removes victory banners and allows you to re-defeat the same players, or there is a definite bug/exploit here. Depending on which explanation makes sense, someone is either breaking the bank on ironite or cheating/taking advantage of an exploit.

I'm with Kai... there is enough to enjoy stacking coins and getting revenge over worring about rankings as were. That is definitely going to be a pay to play honor under the current setup.

Happened to me as well, was attacked four times by the same player over the night. Not sure how that is possible unless he spent a ton of ironite on SoW and list refreshing.

XcarecroW
12-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Happened to me as well, was attacked four times by the same player over the night. Not sure how that is possible unless he spent a ton of ironite on SoW and list refreshing.
Spending ironite like an insane this week is dumb as fuck, this week is shorter and i dont think it is posible to get the best rewards. If we are talking about the top player on the list, yes, he attacks a lot of times, but he can get revenged a lot of times as well. I had 4 defensive victories against him and i won him 6 revenges, so he lost a good amount of points against me. That endless revenge is so boring, maybe they have to cut it to just a few revenges.

konstifik
12-17-2016, 12:59 PM
I have to say that I'm really glad they nerfed the stun proc rate for the Corrupt General, because he is still hard to go up against and without the nerf it would be nearly impossible.

BillLion
12-17-2016, 01:09 PM
I have to say that I'm really glad they nerfed the stun proc rate for the Corrupt General, because he is still hard to go up against and without the nerf it would be nearly impossible.

Agreed, he's still a beast to oppose and stuns a ton.

BillLion
12-17-2016, 01:24 PM
Here is a suggestion not directly related to PVP, but inspired by the impact of PVP upon the overall game:

Offer speed passes for players to earn/achieve/buy that when used will complete missions that we have already previously completed manually with 3 skulls. This will help take the grind out of the game. 50 missions to use all your troopers is a lot in one day even on autoplay sometimes (not to mention LOL dungeon and soon BNW farming). I'm already finding it difficult to keep up some days with the addition of PVP. Not only that the game can begin to feel repetitive and almost like work and this helps keep things in the fun zone (where games should be!).

Please look at DC Legends to see a model for this. Perhaps one could't earn enough to go through ALL 50 missions in a day but even cutting down a portion would be nice and would add another award/incentive (perhaps added to the daily gifts to stretch the entire month).

Name suggestion: "Speed of Light Pass"

Esquatcho
12-17-2016, 01:47 PM

Most of mine are 1-3 rounds at most. But I did have an epic against a pharaoh eddie with a fury grabber - It was golden son immunity v pharaohs immunity in a first to blink wins kinda game. Pretty sure that went a good 8 rounds or so. Lucked out with the timing on a stun to win it in the end :)

Thats what Im enjoying about PvP so far. The previous approaches to team selection are now so much broader, defence is more important, debuffs/buffs - so much more useful

Esquatcho
12-17-2016, 01:55 PM
OK so feedback:

Im diggin' this PvP. Wasnt what I was expecting, but its just as good. But a few points of feedback:

- My poor troopers: Is there any way we could get troopers into the team selections in PvP? I know it'd be a bit weird if your trooper showed up on your PVP list, but at least you could then help them (and yourself out)... Even if it was for iron coins instead of trooper points?

- Random starts: It'd be nice if it wasnt so 'certain' that team that lucks on 1st turn wins. Maybe thats just a symptom of the teams we all have from the campaign though. And to be honest I cant see any huge way of doing it better.

- Switching to campaign: I notice that my backup Eddies are always removed after doing PvP. Its no biggie, but it would be nice if I didnt have to click twice more every time I switched between PvP and Campaign

- Im getting the 'test defence' lock up bug.

Thanks for letting me try PvP in the beta!

slauki
12-17-2016, 04:07 PM
one suggestion:

in the test defense mode it would be very helpfull if we could choose, who is going to beginn.
so our testings would be much easier. additionally it would be possible to test attacking teams easier too.

one suggestion that is maybe too difficult to implement, but i would like to mention it anyway:

i would like to see something like the "matrix room".
there you can generate maximized opponents with maximized talismans even if you don't have them. so you can play around with imaginary defending and attacking teams, to find optimal combinations. if you implement that, i bet that many more souls would be bought and thrown in the book of souls, to get the specific character you find best through your testings. it's would also be some kind of a characters sales promotion ;)

Nicko
12-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Is it me or are opponents teams seeming stronger today? I've got my ass handed to me a few times when I didn't go first.

Or maybe I just suck:D

Definitely having to think a lot harder before going to battle

Hypnos
12-17-2016, 09:04 PM
is the beta only available to canadian players?

Witkacy
12-17-2016, 09:09 PM
is the beta only available to canadian players?

Hypnos :)

No... I am testing it thanks to been choosen and I'm not from Canada...

Cheers,

W

Hypnos
12-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Hypnos :)

No... I am testing it thanks to been choosen and I'm not from Canada...

Cheers,

W

how were you chosen if you don't mind me asking?

Witkacy
12-17-2016, 09:36 PM
how were you chosen if you don't mind me asking?

Well... SOMEONE must have been chosen me, but of course I don't know all details... Just when I started the app yesterday's evening saw a popup like the ones from the store yet informing me ''You've been chosen - The Arena beta is now available... Please send us your comments and feedback''... Something like that... And when I closed it - indeed the two crossed swords weren't grayed anymore... So I entered and started testing...

Cheers,

W

Sussexsaint
12-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Thank you so much for letting me be a part of the. beta ! Rocked my way up to 51 with the much maligned visions Eddie. He gets a lot of hate but I have yet to lose with him ;).

Loving PvP so far. Even if it feels a little 'fragile'

Esquatcho
12-17-2016, 10:59 PM
One more feedback - It would be great to see the opponents talismans stats included in info screens. At the moment, its just base char stats only.

Witkacy
12-17-2016, 11:15 PM
One more feedback - It would be great to see the opponents talismans stats included in info screens. At the moment, its just base char stats only.

Gringo :)

My friend - I've noticed this as well - yet I do think that system not reveals all details on purpose - just for the sake not to be too easy I guess, though I might be wrong...

Cheers,

W

slauki
12-17-2016, 11:20 PM

don't think that this would be a good idea. the defense team has a big disadvantage anyway, so the hidden aspects favour them a little. maybe defense team could get first turn every time, to
make up for the disadvantage of being exposed? not sure about that, but i could make the pvp more fair.

FlyingV
12-17-2016, 11:52 PM
don't think that this would be a good idea. the defense team has a big disadvantage anyway, so the hidden aspects favour them a little. maybe defense team could get first turn every time, to
make up for the disadvantage of being exposed? not sure about that, but i could make the pvp more fair.

I thought about the D going first bit too. Definite maybe. I can go either way on the tali-reveal. Absent someone having multiple identical leveled characters, anybody is free to look them up on trooper page and see the stats anyway. Many will just go blind and not research, but the point is, the layouts are really "obscured," not "concealed."

Eagleknight
12-17-2016, 11:59 PM
I wish i was in Canada right now. I feel like I'm missing out on the fun.

Sussexsaint
12-17-2016, 11:59 PM
Respect to your sig Flying V, not buying any more ironite until the nerf bat is withdrawn. I've spent a LOT of money on some of my characters that are now next to useless

Hypnos
12-18-2016, 12:52 AM

Same here dude.

FlyingV
12-18-2016, 01:30 AM

Same here dude.

It made the states. Limited/random participation at this time.

FlyingV
12-18-2016, 01:33 AM
Piping the troopers into the arena would bring whole a new dimension to PVP once it moves past the beta phase. Of course you would not be able to use your opponent's champions against them if you face one of your troopers in PVP.

R1ck
12-18-2016, 01:49 AM
I hope so, I lack of a good Eddie, so would be nice to rent one.

hold
12-18-2016, 03:33 AM

I think the AI also has a big advantage. It seems to know your stats. It might be my imagination but if I play two of the same toons (both level 100) the AI always seems to attach the "weaker" one or for example the one with less defense due to talisman setup. Anyone noticed this as well? At least in PvE ... Don't have access yet to PvP

PsychoEddie
12-18-2016, 04:43 AM

No. We don't want that information up front. It's bad enough that players can go and look up that information as it is.

Kaijester
12-18-2016, 04:47 AM
Haha in fact we wish for an option to hide our characters from being checked.

hold
12-18-2016, 04:58 AM

I was just in with a VPN ... but the connection dropped and after dialing in again I was out again ... but at least I have seen it and could win a few battles ... :cool:

Esquatcho
12-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Gringo :)

My friend - I've noticed this as well - yet I do think that system not reveals all details on purpose - just for the sake not to be too easy I guess, though I might be wrong...

Cheers,

W

Well maybe that is the case Witkacy mate, but I think most people can guess the types of talismans - Its just it would be handy to know whether someone Im playing is maxed out, or still has a bit to go on their talismans.

Edit: Though, seems like unanimous vote goes against my suggestion! OK, so no talisman stats it is :)

Esquatcho
12-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Piping the troopers into the arena would bring whole a new dimension to PVP once it moves past the beta phase. Of course you would not be able to use your opponent's champions against them if you face one of your troopers in PVP.

Yup, Troopers in PvP would be really handy!

Esquatcho
12-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Defender 1st would be a good one to discuss I reckon, though might have drawbacks:

Knowing you are going to be 2nd always would make your attacking team so different. It would be high HP, much more defensive & passive oriented.
Defending teams would have your glass cannons etc
While it makes tactical team selection choices easier and would probably improve balance between attack & defence win/loss - It would also potentially make things more boring. Your attack team would always want to be the same.

On reflection, I kinda prefer not knowing whether I'll go 1st or 2nd. That said, I think there is room for more advantage to the team going 2nd.

I am going to suggest that, in addition to the power, the team going 2nd should get some extra fury.

Its my observation that Eddies rarely get to their fury in PvP, without having thief talismans around them - Even with high special stats on the team. In giving more starting fury to the team going 2nd you increase the value of Eddies (for starters) as well as giving more practical use for fury building setups. As well as further even out the 1st v 2nd divide.

slauki
12-18-2016, 12:50 PM
we also need something to counter the prisoners passive. it is outstanding, because nothing can counter it beside another prisoner as far as i know.
and you all know how hard it is to get one.

we need more common characters with the same passive, that would be enough to bring in more balance. some mediocre character would turn into great with this passive skill.

Kaijester
12-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Alot of people has beaten my prisoner team without prisoner in their team...

BillLion
12-18-2016, 01:32 PM
The prisoner doesn't bother me -he just becomes first to die.

MrFreeze
12-18-2016, 01:40 PM
I feel like a prisoner having to watch pvp through the bars

konstifik
12-18-2016, 01:53 PM
I think it would be a bad idea to have access to troopers in the Arena. While it would be nice to get trooper badges from the arena to reduce the time you have to play every day, it would be too big of an advantage for the attacking team.

slauki
12-18-2016, 02:49 PM

The prisoner doesn't bother me -he just becomes first to die.

not saying that he is unbeatable or OP. But his passive can only be countered with one character. Everything else is a workaround IMO.
that's why i would opt for more characters with that passive.

maxdeviations
12-18-2016, 03:33 PM
the troll is really rare - everyone seems to have one. except me
the prisoner is super uber rare - yet everyone seems to have him. except me

Nicko
12-18-2016, 03:40 PM

This. He's built that way and rare for a reason. But that's why he's single hit. You give up firepower to get that passive. And my Prisoner defense gets their butt handed to them often

Nicko
12-18-2016, 03:42 PM

I haven't seen many Prisoners, though more than I expected

I've seen more trolls. Keep buying red souls hoping to score one - nope!

Nicko
12-18-2016, 03:44 PM
not saying that he is unbeatable or OP. But his passive can only be countered with one character. Everything else is a workaround IMO.
that's why i would opt for more characters with that passive.

And a Troll can only be countered with a Prisoner. Otherwise your first round is suboptimal. I would almost argue the Troll is more powerful because in addition to the huge first round advantage, you get very solid AoE True Damage

Definitely two key characters

Nicko
12-18-2016, 03:51 PM
I think it would be a bad idea to have access to troopers in the Arena. While it would be nice to get trooper badges from the arena to reduce the time you have to play every day, it would be too big of an advantage for the attacking team.

Kind of agree - there would be a lot less incentive to build your teams in the campaign, so I would imagine developers wouldn't start making Troopers accessible in PvP but who knows

I DO know that without new campaign content the campaign grind will be even more of a grind. PvP has more challenge right now and that's what gaming is all about. I skipped my Troopers (sorry guys:() for the first time in ages yesterday cause PvP was so engaging, and it's a chore to grind.

On that note - suggestion - anyway for the program to keep the teams separate? I've been using Troopers this morning while grinding then switching back to the arena to challenge my attackers. Every time I switch back to the Campaign, my arena team is there and I have to manually swap each out for my farm team. Not the end of the world, but the back-and-forth would certainly be much easier if the two teams stayed the way they were and were handled separately

Nicko
12-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Sparton - bumping a question - will the store be changing? Wondering if I should be spending my iron coins or saving them to see what's coming. Earning way more coins than I can spend based on currently weekly limits, but also don't want to waste them. Have already bought a skill shard and red soul, but wondering how the store will develop. Thanks!

hold
12-18-2016, 05:38 PM
With my VPN it's a bit of hit and miss to get access to the arena but I was able to play a fair few rounds today - and I'm lucky it is sunday - my 2 cent:

1. I agree with what was mentioned here before about the "Fast Pass" for level players have all 3 golden skulls. With Arena it really is going to get a full time job and I'm also not willing to sacrifice my life just for LotB.

2. It is definitely a lot more variety involved now playing different teams.

3. I don't think Defense should always have first strike. It was mentioned here before as well that I would use a completely different team knowing I have to survive the first round. As it is now I need to think about defense and offense at the same time. It is actually rather fun to think about the best team for that.

4. The Prisoner: I haven't lost against one so far as offense even he had first strike in another team. But he is definitely dangerous - but I think that is good. Even if I don't have one I find him too rare to get the Nerf bat - please don't. At least he is not AoE ... like Slauki mentioned maybe there can be a few more characters that can counter him ... maybe "The Policeman (Sentinel)" :)

5. I don't like the idea of troopers in Arena too much I must admit. This is about my team and my personal battle. I can see the idea behind it that you don't have to play 50 battles a day plus arena stuff. But I guess a "Fast Pass" would be by far the smarter solution.

6. I like the idea of the shop and what is sold in it for a reasonable price. If some players don'T care too much about ranks they still can profit from winning a few arean battles. In this case they can use it like an additional dungeon.

BillLion
12-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Lots of good stuff on this thread. And for the record I don't think using troopers in PVP is a good idea.

It's been mentioned, but a change to revenge would be nice. I don't think endless loops is the solution. I went to sleep up, woke up and all my gains were erased. Got to rank 2 this AM step away for 4 hours and come back to rank 35 and all gains eliminated. At this rate that doesn't motivate me to push extra hard other than for the coins (which give access to really nice prizes.)

I'm willing to spend some ironite, but this is a bit demotivating TBH. I do think it'll help to limit revenge. Also when someone gets revenge perhaps they earn their trophies back but they are not subtracted from the original victor. That way one doesn't feel the need to keep avenging.

Also as I previously mentioned I really think the defending players should not lose as many trophies as the victor gains. Yeah, we should be motivated to build better defense, but honestly we shouldn't be held 100% responsible for the way AI operates the war machines we build.

Otherwise, still digging PVP!

Nicko
12-18-2016, 06:25 PM
The way you become a sitting duck when you're near the top - don't see how anyone can achieve those top rewards unless they simply play nonstop enough to counteract the point loss from revenge. I went from #1 to #8 a couple nights ago, but dropping 2 to 35 is brutal!

I WILL lose to a good defense on occasion - but that's not the norm - so will be interesting to see how high people go after the first week

And while this is beta, it seems fairly stable (regular game has issues and crashes as well - don't see PvP so far as less stable)

Wondering when this is going full-on live

Vertax616
12-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Wondering when this is going full-on live
I wonder this too, I really want to try it :D. Also thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. Even though I can't play PvP, I read all the submissions and suggestions here.

hold
12-18-2016, 06:42 PM
I wonder this too, I really want to try it :D. Also thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. Even though I can't play PvP, I read all the submissions and suggestions here.

Even if it goes live world wide I would leave the sticker "Beta" on it for a fair while. At least everybody is aware that there can be rough edges.

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 06:42 PM
The first and most annoying thing for me is to be attacked by the very same players all day long. There should be a limit of max interactions between same players, and no infinite attack/revenge cases like this. (maybe it is planned for when pvp is global, dunno)

On other news, I agree with almost all positive things stated here by everyone, arena was fun so far, well done devs:cool:

Roquetas-5312
12-18-2016, 06:50 PM
The first and most annoying thing for me is to be attacked by the very same players all day long. There should be a limit of max interactions between same players, and no infinite attack/revenge cases like this. (maybe it is planned for when pvp is global, dunno)

On other news, I agree with almost all positive things stated here by everyone, arena was fun so far, well done devs:cool:

Without knowing how many player are in the beta it could well be that there is just not enough players to attack but I think it will need to be looked at I can image a few scenarios where it can be manipulated

Nicko
12-18-2016, 07:19 PM

Tom - check your defense team. At first I thought "Cool - I haven't seen a team like this!" - then one-shot it with a Tailgunner. Then realized all level one. Not sure if you put that team together for some comic relief or if it was a computer bug playing evil tricks;)

konstifik
12-18-2016, 07:19 PM

I think it's an issue of the beta because there are to few players with access. I keep getting the same users on my random list over and over again.

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Without knowing how many player are in the beta it could well be that there is just not enough players to attack but I think it will need to be looked at I can image a few scenarios where it can be manipulated

I think it's an issue of the beta because there are to few players with access. I keep getting the same users on my random list over and over again.

There are 300 players at least, maybe way way more already. What happens is not normal given how many there are already...

Tom - check your defense team. At first I thought "Cool - I haven't seen a team like this!" - then one-shot it with a Tailgunner. Then realized all level one. Not sure if you put that team together for some comic relief or if it was a computer bug playing evil tricks;)

No that's my actual defence team, and will stay like this till I reach rank 5000. I'm tired of you and others attacking me 20 times a day :p

Roquetas-5312
12-18-2016, 07:51 PM
There are 300 players at least, maybe way way more already. What happens is not normal given how many there are already...

No that's my actual defence team, and will stay like this till I reach rank 5000. I'm tired of you and others attacking me 20 times a day :p

Note to developers remove from beta testing. there are far more people willing and wanting to experiment that don't have an opportunity yet

Kaijester
12-18-2016, 07:55 PM
And a Troll can only be countered with a Prisoner. Otherwise your first round is suboptimal. I would almost argue the Troll is more powerful because in addition to the huge first round advantage, you get very solid AoE True Damage

Definitely two key characters

Troll passive can be counter with blue angel and death dog.

Nicko
12-18-2016, 07:55 PM

Ha! Nothing personal - I just attack whoever pops up in my list.

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Note to developers remove from beta testing. there are far more people willing and wanting to experiment that don't have an opportunity yet

Lol, I still use my attack team, and get my coins etc...who are you to suggest something like that?

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Ha! Nothing personal - I just attack whoever pops up in my list.

I know, that's why I suggested sth to be done about the issue :p

Roquetas-5312
12-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Lol, I still use my attack team, and get my coins etc...who are you to suggest something like that?

Just somebody that wants to test beta rather than someone complaining about it whilst they are getting coins etc

hold
12-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Just somebody that wants to test beta rather than someone complaining about it whilst they are getting coins etc

That's what Beta is for. There is an issue at the moment and that also needs to be considered. "I'm tired of being attacked all day" is maybe very valuable feedback.

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 08:20 PM

If you really wanted to test the beta, you would have found a way already, as I did myself to test. Instead you're mixing feedback (negative this time)
with 'complaining'.

Anyway, the beta is out geographically, what you suggested is dumb.

Nicko
12-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Troll passive can be counter with blue angel and death dog.

Right - forgot about them - "Reduce duration of beneficial effects" has become "Eliminate them"

slauki
12-18-2016, 08:28 PM

fully agree, i think the point/revenge system is somewhat rigged/broken, so that noone can get the highest prices. if you are number 1 you will loose many more trophies than you can gain even if you refill like mad. since every defense is beatable and everyone will chase you for higher trophies.
and it's really annoying if someone attacks you 10 times per day, this will also get boring soon. maybe it will be better, when pvp is fully released but for now this doesn't seem to work well.

losing points on lost defenses is quite demotivating. maybe removing the trophies needed for the weekly rewards would be better. can you imagine how people will be eager to be part of the top 50 when they get rewards based on their ranks? i could imagine it to be insane :)
this week many refused to play before the reset. i had 1570 points and it was impossible to get to 1700 so i only wanted to maintain the points for the 60 ironite rewad (which wasn't creditet!!!). i bet that i wasn't alone. if only ranks would matter you would have seen big war scenes all over the server...

but since this is beta, that's not such big of a problem. i hope the released version will be better. really smart move with the beta feature btw :D

anyway if you do it right now, pvp will be i big hit it's a whole new and nice world!

one sidenote: the time input needed is probably too high, it's almost a fulltime job. maybe a SKIP BATTLE button for campaign could solve the problem, since you could play troppers in no time...

Nicko
12-18-2016, 08:30 PM
I know, that's why I suggested sth to be done about the issue :p

I did just attack your team of lovable losers though - but only cause you beat my defense team ;)

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 08:33 PM
I did just attack your team of lovable losers though - but only cause you beat my defense team ;)

And I just re-revenged you successfully again...that's exactly what I'm sayin...we can go on forever now without limits, and that's boring.

Nicko
12-18-2016, 08:40 PM
And I just re-revenged you successfully again...that's exactly what I'm sayin...we can go on forever now without limits, and that's boring.

Agreed. And since others have expressed this same sentiment, I would hope the developers will adjust accordingly.

I do wish your defense team was the same, but level 100 with max Talismans. Just seeing them there looking pathetic cracked me up; would be hilarious if that group did some real damage :D

Roquetas-5312
12-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Well I did agree with you aristo that it needs to be looked at and I raised doubts about how many times you could attack days ago also said there are several ways to manipulate it. What I Didn't like was the I've set shit defense because I'm fed up with people attacking me. By doing that you already had one person think it may have been a bug.

Aristo4
12-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Well I did agree with you aristo that it needs to be looked at and I raised doubts about how many times you could attack days ago also said there are several ways to manipulate it. What I Didn't like was the I've set shit defense because I'm fed up with people attacking me. By doing that you already had one person think it may have been a bug.

Everybody can still attack me, whatever team I have. And they'll get decent points since I seem to regain positions only by revenging all these.
I thought having such a shit defence would send me way down for people to bother playing me, but apparently I'm wrong...since (as I said) I actively play attack/revenge and climb back up again...

Now its a no-end circle :rolleyes:

Witkacy
12-18-2016, 08:53 PM
we also need something to counter the prisoners passive. it is outstanding, because nothing can counter it beside another prisoner as far as i know.
and you all know how hard it is to get one.

we need more common characters with the same passive, that would be enough to bring in more balance. some mediocre character would turn into great with this passive skill.

Slauki :)

Exactly... My thoughts... Prisoner's passive not working on bosses, yet since there's no bosses on PVP - that seems it will be affecting EVERY toon in the team (I assume people rather puting those characters with some passive on board as more valuable)... This is HUGE advantage... And if he's paired with troll amongst others in the opposite team - almost not possible to beat... I succeed once or twice playing myself, but AI seems always loosing when play against them with my toons...

Cheers,

W

hold
12-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Does this behaviour work as designed?

When the opponent Eddie changes the "time" it counts for the whole battle?

I'm asking as it almost happend to me that I used "Ghost" of my CR by accident ...

In this case - note to myself in this order: look -> think -> push buttons ...

P.S: Was mentioned here before as well - that the teams of Arena and Campaign are not separated is a bit of a pain ...

The Educated fool
12-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Digging this beta test... I actually typed a longish review of it the other day, but the board ate it :cool: (made me log back in, and when I did, it disappeared). But no matter. The board won't let me add an avatar either, so it clearly hates me.

Anyway, I haven't had any new issues with the Arena from those already mentioned here or elsewhere, so I would say the biggest fix needed, from my perspective, is to penalize players less for the AI losing with their defence team, as has been said before. It is indeed somewhat disheartening to wake up and find that your team has dropped 40 ranks while you were catching 40 winks. :cool:

Ringe666-7406
12-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Digging this beta test... I actually typed a longish review of it the other day, but the board ate it :cool: (made me log back in, and when I did, it disappeared). But no matter. The board won't let me add an avatar either, so it clearly hates me.

Anyway, I haven't had any new issues with the Arena from those already mentioned here or elsewhere, so I would say the biggest fix needed, from my perspective, is to penalize players less for the AI losing with their defence team, as has been said before. It is indeed somewhat disheartening to wake up and find that your team has dropped 40 ranks while you were catching 40 winks. :cool:

+1... Annoying af... 5-6 different dudes attacked me more than 15 times a day in these 72 hours... And separated attack and defense SoW would be nice, since all three days I woke up wit two-digits number of notifications from arena... And of course, only ten is shown, can't revenge to all...

Kaijester
12-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Hmmm maybe we should provide suggestions to these vengeance issues?

Here's mine:

- Lower rank point lost for defending team

- a time out function for people who don't want to get attacked but comes with a rank point penalty according to their rank, Cannot attack others during time out and maybe slower SoW replenish.

hold
12-19-2016, 06:35 AM
There needs to be a server sync while switching from Arena to Normal mode.

It happened toe me that I had 3 SoW left -> Campaign -> From 80 to 3 SoT until the next counter refresh (what was 4 minutes in this case) ... So there was a glitch that the system took my leftover SoW as SoT

I want to stress again that I really can't do both. Playing all my troopers and do Arena. In case there is no "skip battle" or "fast pass" or call it whatsoever I'm not sure yet what to skip. But I won't spend 8+ hours for this game - sorry ...

Kaijester
12-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Yea...my phone is going to burn out at this rate...

hold
12-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Just out of curiosity I play the same team offense and defense in PvP.

Offense I have not lost one fight yet. It was very close against Nicko's team and he had the first strike. I was basically lucky that my Bomber Boy froze 2 of his toons twice in a row (perfect attacks). Otherwise I really would have lost.

But that also shows how much better a human player is.

It was also mentioned a few times here that the point system may need to be changed. Firstly it really is kind of frustrating loosing so many points because you need to sleep at some point. Secondly the AI for the defense is obviously no match at all for a human player.

I also don't think the AI is that much better than in Campaign mode. The toons in Arena hit just much stronger (skillshards) and you face a very powerful boss each time. Plus you are facing toons that all equipped with extra skills (freeze talismans and so on) that you don't have to deal with in the campaign.

I really would like to see some sort of compensation for the Defense as this is out of the player's control.

konstifik
12-19-2016, 09:51 AM
I think the ranking system is fine. I would however wish that a defensive win would award Iron Coins. Now it seems that if the attacker loose, the defense get no Iron Coins and the attacker gets 1.

The Prisoners passive bothers me a little bit. I think it would be more balanced if it cancelled the passive of one random enemy. Or that it cancels all passives for both teams.

Mizrael
12-19-2016, 11:12 AM
i think that the gunner rescuer should be banned! AOE attack+heal+titan shield+resurrects?!
once she gets going, she's pretty much unkillable. got into an endless battle with her yesterday, where i had just a sentinel golden son left...had to take te draw -14 before she would resurrect the whole team again :/

hold
12-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Anyone else with a VPN can't get in anymore?

Guess I have to wait until it's completely open ...

So please be gently - I can't defend myself right now :)

Update: How weird ... I'm in again ... can't figure out why or what triggers it - same VPN

R1ck
12-19-2016, 01:28 PM
I agree about gunner rescuer, it is impossible to kill.

Kaijester
12-19-2016, 01:38 PM

Hmmm I uses Gunner Rescuer but only win 1 out of 20 defense matches...

R1ck
12-19-2016, 01:47 PM
I had to draw the opportunity I found one. Since then I never will challenge one, at least until I get a good character to block her skills. She must not be banned but is a dammed good toon.

Witkacy
12-19-2016, 01:52 PM

R1ck :)

Not true, my friend... She's tough, but not impossible to defeat... Already I've played couple fights with the opposite teams of peps having this girl... And EVERYTIME I have won... In case of asking: no, not always have attacked first... Some time yes, some other time defending myself... This WHAT MATTERS is your OWN team - what you have, and how to plan the battle out, to have it turned on your favour...

Keep focus on these things you DO HAVE impact and can change... Make your team strongest as possible (skillshards!), not forgetting about defence though...

Kai :)

Thanks for testing my defence team although I've picked a decent one (in my opinion) my defence got broken by you and some else ELITE players... I take this lesson with humble, I see there's a lot of work ahead for me ;)

Cheers,

W

P.S. I've noticed today that somewhat wrong display of buttons - not matching the character... CR Eddie had couple of times Troll ones...

Esquatcho
12-19-2016, 02:04 PM

I hear ya there! Though the troll annoys me more than prisoner on a regular basis

Esquatcho
12-19-2016, 02:18 PM
On the prisoner & corrupt rescuer, both are greatly improved in quality by the introduction of PvP - But I do not think they are that hard to beat. Each needs to be taken down quickly, but otherwise neither does huge damage at least. Blue bat I find much tougher.

I have to say, the tweaks really make so much more sense now. The great toons are still great, but there is so much more flexibility now. Ive been beaten by so many different team makeups. I now feel like I want to go out and grind for new chars to tweak the setup further! As for the CG, I worry about him every time I play him. I fear nothing more than freeze/paralysis! Hence the talismans now carry so much more weight.

Kaijester
12-19-2016, 02:20 PM
I hear ya there! Though the troll annoys me more than prisoner on a regular basis

Welcome Witkacy~*

Gringo, I also don't have warrior troll...

PerthEddie
12-19-2016, 02:29 PM

Don't worry you are not alone - I don't have a red troll or prisoner either :(

Kaijester
12-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Under the defense tab, when it shows defense held means the defense team won, right?

So why do I lose 5 rank points for every defense held???

Aristo4
12-19-2016, 02:47 PM

I just improved your scores :cool:

You had the first turn, I somehow turned it around and left you with just the rescuer....and still lost. This mofo resurrected your whole team :rolleyes:

Kaijester
12-19-2016, 02:51 PM
I just improved your scores :cool:

You had the first turn, I somehow turned it around and left you with just the rescuer....and still lost. This mofo resurrected your whole team :rolleyes:

Thanks...but the game is bugged and I just lost 10 points for two defense won.

slauki
12-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks...but the game is bugged and I just lost 10 points for two defense won.

i saw that too, i think it's an issue when the ranks/trophies are very different. so when a total newbie attacks a top 10 player he will
get 5 points and you will loose 5 even if you win, but that's only my theory.

but i think that it absolutly makes no senst to loose points especialy if you are winning with your defence. i would change it in that way, that you can only gain trophies, and not lose them again. at least it would be nice if the amount of lost trophies would be drasticly cutted down by 50-75%.

hold
12-19-2016, 03:51 PM

I've beaten the Rescuer AND there was a Prisoner in the team as well (Kaijester <- Tough defense by the way ... took me a couple of round to grind your team down) ;)

Nicko
12-19-2016, 04:48 PM
On the prisoner & corrupt rescuer, both are greatly improved in quality by the introduction of PvP - But I do not think they are that hard to beat. Each needs to be taken down quickly, but otherwise neither does huge damage at least. Blue bat I find much tougher.

I have to say, the tweaks really make so much more sense now. The great toons are still great, but there is so much more flexibility now. Ive been beaten by so many different team makeups. I now feel like I want to go out and grind for new chars to tweak the setup further! As for the CG, I worry about him every time I play him. I fear nothing more than freeze/paralysis! Hence the talismans now carry so much more weight.

Agree with all of this. CG damage nerf is irrelevant cause the freeze/stun is the real game changer. And I was one of the ones complaining about it! Lesson learned :p I'm finding now I want to develop different characters based on what I've seen they can do; half the time one or two of the tunes I'm using have no skillshards cause I didn't see their utility before this.

While grinding is a chore cause PvP is so much more fun right now (hopefully they even out with new content very soon) I need to use those Troopers for skillshards!

Witkacy
12-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Under the defense tab, when it shows defense held means the defense team won, right?

So why do I lose 5 rank points for every defense held???

Kai :)

I might be wrong - but I think that's because your team WAS ATTACKING ONE...

I've noticed one thing - not too frequent I have to say - because I've lost my games only 3-4 times while playing myself so far...

When I was attacked first by the opposite team (and lost) - the opposite team got ''-'' points and I've got ''+'' points despite the fact I've just lost the battle

When I was attacked first by the opposite team (and won) - the opposite team got ''-'' points (more) and I've got ''+'' points (more)

I am curious if anybody could confirm this?

Cheers,

W

Arcturus
12-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Agree with all of this. CG damage nerf is irrelevant cause the freeze/stun is the real game changer. And I was one of the ones complaining about it! Lesson learned :p I'm finding now I want to develop different characters based on what I've seen they can do; half the time one or two of the tunes I'm using have no skillshards cause I didn't see their utility before this.

While grinding is a chore cause PvP is so much more fun right now (hopefully they even out with new content very soon) I need to use those Troopers for skillshards!

I'm not in PVP yet, but this is what I'm excited about. My current team (CR Eddie, AoF, AGS) trounces all the best farming levels, so there's little use to play around with other characters. Now I'll be forced to check out other toons (& test the limits of my current team). I suppose there's not much reason for it with PVP launching, but this makes me think they should have a somewhat-random campaign level where you can fight different configurations of high powered enemies.

Also, I've started thinking about my defense team already, which has been fun. Glad I'd already leveled up & outfitted my Gunner Rescuer, even though she doesn't much help my team in the campaign. She'll be ready to go when I get PVP.

Nicko
12-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Those are great characters and you'll use them in PvP too. I use CR and AoF with fair regularity. Just start working on that Hellhound...

PS-RagE
12-19-2016, 07:25 PM
I am enjoying the Arena so far. A nice change from "Game of Death" over and over! 2253

I notice though that it always seems to be the same 10 or so names? (I see a few of them in this thread)

The point thing seems kinda crazy too with "Revenge" losses costing you 2+ "Attacks" wins.

Lag is a serious killer in the Arena.

Nicko
12-19-2016, 09:20 PM
This back and forth has to be limited. It's been said before but it's been the most consistent theme in this Beta thread - well, that and the fact that we're all enjoying PvP!

Slauki has my defense figured out. I have his figured out. Back and forth - back and forth - neither of us losing - the only thing we're losing is our sanity:p

BillLion
12-19-2016, 09:36 PM
This back and forth has to be limited. It's been said before but it's been the most consistent theme in this Beta thread - well, that and the fact that we're all enjoying PvP!

Slauki has my defense figured out. I have his figured out. Back and forth - back and forth - neither of us losing - the only thing we're losing is our sanity:p

And progress

Eagleknight
12-19-2016, 09:37 PM
My first impressions.

looks like you have to spend allot of iron to be competitive.

You have to spend allot of time playing if you want to be in the top.

Haven't got a permadeath to land.

the defense point allocation seems a bit off.

I does feel as if you have to have certain characters to be competitive, its not that one is better it that if its paired with the right support its almost impossible to beat.

First turn defeats suck, even when using maxed characters. Who goes first still matters, but I think they have done a great job minimizing the impact.

Still not positive how exactly the ranking system works.

You need allot of maxed talismans to be competitive.

CG, Troll, Pharaoh Eddie, GR/CR eddies, and the dam prisoner are part of allot of the most effective teams.

Seen a few bugs.

Refresh timer doesn't always work, time for tokens is long especially when you have to defend so much.

PVP is fun as hell and I like the direction they went with it, it just needs some tweaks. In general I really like it.

PS. I will get maxes talismans on my defense team in the next few days. So it wont be so easy to thrash it, hopefully.

slauki
12-19-2016, 09:48 PM

the problem is that noone of us is winning something. in fact we loose a lot of SOW for nothing, that's a real problem in this ranking system we wont get beyond 1700 trophies if we continue that way, and that is the real big problem ;) we steal rewards from each other.

Edit:
BTW: one suggestion. let's implement some additional SOW in the daily rewards instead of the gold. come on guys 2k gold is an insult for everyone here, even for beginners. the best gold reward is 12k i belive, which is also really bad :P

Edit 2:
another suggestion: please remove the claim rewards button and credit the weekly rewards automaticly. so noone will miss rewards by accident. noone will say no to free rewards, no need to claim that i think.

PS-RagE
12-19-2016, 10:05 PM
the problem is that noone of us is winning something. in fact we loose a lot of SOW for nothing, that's a real problem in this ranking system we wont get beyond 1700 trophies if we continue that way, and that is the real big problem ;) we steal rewards from each other.

Edit:
BTW: one suggestion. let's implement some additional SOW in the daily rewards instead of the gold. come on guys 2k gold is an insult for everyone here, even for beginners. the best gold reward is 12k i belive, which is also really bad :P

Edit 2:
another suggestion: please remove the claim rewards button and credit the weekly rewards automaticly. so noone will miss rewards by accident. noone will say no to free rewards, no need to claim that i think.

Probably could do away with the "Revenge" feature all together. Or perhaps only once per day?

Need more ironite for Arena wins! Doesn't take long to burn up those SoW.

How about if you win all ten battles the SoW refills?

maxdeviations
12-20-2016, 01:30 AM
help menu mentioned we can get eternity eddie from the pvp points .. still missing him from the shop.

XcarecroW
12-20-2016, 01:31 AM
A full SoW refill at daily rewards/lol reset time would be really good.

BillLion
12-20-2016, 01:47 AM
help menu mentioned we can get eternity eddie from the pvp points .. still missing him from the shop.

I'd imagine they're saving prizes like exclusive Eddies until everyone has access to PVP. That would be the fair thing to do.

Esquatcho
12-20-2016, 02:33 AM
Just a note to everyone talking about the ranking system - I cannot find the post for the life of me, but they have outlined some guidelines of how it will actually work in the future.

Anyone have a link? But it definitely will be different to the beta phase.

Iirc, there will be groupings such that you cant challenge people much better or worse than you and that you wont be restarted to 1000 points each week etc.

Nicko
12-20-2016, 05:15 AM
A few random thoughts:

The subject of Troopers in the arena has been discussed, and while opinions were mixed the consensus seemed to be "no" - make this about our own teams.

While I agree, it would be nice if there was a PASSIVE slot for Troopers in the arena. He couldn't play, but you could plug him in - kind of like the Eddie slots in the campaign - and get Trooper points. Because this has really become two separate games, and it's asking a ton to use all Troopers every day but still stay competitive in the arena.

On the arena note, I think sometimes my ranking is better when I don't go on offense and just retaliate against attackers. Attacking is like poking a hornets nest - they all come out and after you! And I'm sure the last thing the developers want is a disincentive to go on offense. They may need to play with the points some more

konstifik
12-20-2016, 06:53 AM

"In the future, Iron Coins wil also let you buy fragments of Eternity Shards, which will reward characters not available anywhere else, including the mythical Eternity Eddie."

vgta99
12-20-2016, 09:23 AM
That's now a couple of days that I played in arena and it's pretty fun, I like it! Good job on it Devs (despite that it is not real pvp).
But it is very Time-consuming because you spend time for honored your troopers and time for arena and I you dream to reach the top, you must play, refill and play again and again to save your rank.

The clue of winning of arena, I mean is to use characters with freeze, stunt and extra turn and mix them with another skills. And yes first turn and a bit chance is determining, especially with GRE and his "Slash" attack that sometimes ruins all my toons in one turn!!!

In arena, you can work with all the potential of your toons, SOLE is very impressive with his healing and Buff/Debuff way, combine with assasin GS and his immortality skill, it's hard to beat this combo.

The challenge of this mode is to search the right balance of attack and defense and it will make for LOTB a new dimension of gameplay.

osiris0000
12-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Greetings everyone,

PVP is so much fun! It forces you to think about team building strategy in deeper way. I have challenged with most of the forumers here (including dev Sparton), if you see "osiris" on your defence tab, it is me as you can relate most of you guys. I can tell toughest one was Flying-V's defensive team. I guess i lose 5-6 times in a row until i find a workaround, in the end at least i managed to win a round :cool: So many team synergies and strategies here, and i can tell the forumers have the best set-ups.

Teams with Red Troll and Prisoner is very tough to beat, especially if you don't get the first turn it can be devastating. But in any case there is many different workarounds. It is much better to build the attacker team based on how to counter enemy team's buff & debuff and class advantage, etc.. Quite challenging in fun way!

With my poor ironite resources, i made my way to top 4 in couple hours. I have played until i got enough iron points to get a weekly Skillshard from the store. I don't know what is my rank now since everyone is getting points from eachother :cool:

It is also relief for me to see that our long period of hard grinding efforts paying back here!

XcarecroW
12-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Another good thing to implement would be to see the replays of our defence. There is no way to know how to improve the defence if we cant see how the battles are going. How do i know if i need a healer, damage reducer, o damage dealer if we cant see the replays? I think this is a must have for pvp.

Nicko
12-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Another good thing to implement would be to see the replays of our defence. There is no way to know how to improve the defence if we cant see how the battles are going. How do i know if i need a healer, damage reducer, o damage dealer if we cant see the replays? I think this is a must have for pvp.

Great idea!!!

Hypnos
12-20-2016, 02:16 PM
a set of freeze talismans on GR eddie is way too powerful. The chance of freezing an enemy is so high, coupled with the past basic move that has a chance for an extra turn, you're almost guaranteed to freeze at least two enemies. A very high chance of freezing all! I think this needs to be fixed urgently.

Also not sure of how revenge is supposed to work. It creates a never-ending cycle of winning/losing iron coins making it boring for both players. It definitely needs improving.

Aristo4
12-20-2016, 02:30 PM
a set of freeze talismans on GR eddie is way too powerful. The chance of freezing an enemy is so high, coupled with the past basic move that has a chance for an extra turn, you're almost guaranteed to freeze at least two enemies. A very high chance of freezing all! I think this needs to be fixed urgently.

Yep, what you said, and more other characters seem 'broken' too.
For example a CG stunned all of my 4 guys 3 turns in a row once...same with sparton's SSD which taunted me 2 turns in row.

This means instadeath, no button to press =death :cool:.

Arcturus
12-20-2016, 02:42 PM
kind of love how once pvp starts people are praying for the nerf bat. Maybe we owe the devs an apology for all the complaining about nerfs? (not the complaining about bugs, though. That's righteous anger.)

XcarecroW
12-20-2016, 02:54 PM
We all can have or already have GR, just put a freeze set and you are done. It is not a rare char that noone can get. Sometimes you will start first and sometimes wont, it is pretty balanced. If you see at the top of the ranking there is not much diference in points between players, and many of those players use tailgunner, CR, SOL, so stop crying and please stop asking for another stupid nerf.

hold
12-20-2016, 03:57 PM

Also not sure of how revenge is supposed to work. It creates a never-ending cycle of winning/losing iron coins making it boring for both players. It definitely needs improving.

That's why you need a Hellhound or an Assassin Rocket Dog ... and make sure you are not playing against a Death Dog, Blue Bat or the Prisoner ...

Witkacy
12-20-2016, 04:10 PM
We all can have or already have GR, just put a freeze set and you are done. It is not a rare char that noone can get. Sometimes you will start first and sometimes wont, it is pretty balanced. If you see at the top of the ranking there is not much diference in points between players, and many of those players use tailgunner, CR, SOL, so stop crying and please stop asking for another stupid nerf.

XcarecroW :)

To be honest I haven't seen ANYONE yet who would be put freeze ones to make him Grim Fridger Eddie ;) Rather his fury may be a bit unhandy, yet I HARDLY seen that anyone of Eddies can use the fury (except my own and Educated Fool SOL Eddie once - probably just because it was enough long fight to fill the fury meter)...

I've noticed the fact that I CAN loose a battle with opponent I've defeated many times before no matter hitting or waiting to be hit (and starting to repeat some patterns that I've practised before and it gave me the victory, yet sometimes AI CAN do someting unexpectable and then it is Houston... We have a problem LOL

Cheers,

W

Hypnos
12-20-2016, 04:32 PM

Just by looking at your bio it's clear to me you lack an understanding of how balancing works. If you prefer a "whoever goes first wins" or "whoever gets lucky wins" type of PvP then fair enough. I imagine most of us would like a challenging and strategy based game mode where there isn't one template team that all the best players use.
I support the dev's nerfing characters as it improves the longevity of the game. Had the corrupt general, assassin golden son and Angel of fear not been nerfed to compete in PvP, most players, I included, would have given up by now. That said, I love the game and what the devs are doing with it but if they want long term players to stay interested, they know they have to make sure it doesn't become a template team driven game.

StormArrow
12-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Well, my oppinion about pvp so far. I was with high expectations about it, and I am completly disapointed. There is 2 situations the repeat too often: first is the player who got the first turn, have 90% chance to win the battle. And second, Legacy of the Beast has talismans and skills that not match in a pvp type game, freeze, 2nd turn, that infinite titan shield of bnw new character... its completly non balanced, and combined with the player who will move first, it's insane. Most battles least 2 or 3 turns, and often the turns are consecutive because angel of fear passive or freeze status, and you can't call that and strategy game, or even a fun game. This is the type of thing I think the devs should have though before launch the beta!

To fix pvp, i think some major changes should be made. I don't know why 4 character, it's too much! Three at max, maybe 2, it will be interesting. Four characters in party plus skills like freeze or extra turn abilities are way too overpowered. Or maybe a diferent battle system, where the character do this action not all of them per turn, but the player chooses one of the to perform an action, and then pass the turn to the other player? Or maybe an different type of runes that prevents disable abilities, because its just annoying must have hellround just because of its passive.

About the defense system, prizings, ranking and rewars I think its almost ok. Its a little basic yet, a think the battles sugested are only designed by players level, what is kind of non balanced, while the player level is not that relevant... and maybe you should lose less points when you lose a battle, that will be cool.

Well, for now this is my thougs. Hope this helps a little!

Esquatcho
12-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Well, my oppinion about pvp so far. I was with high expectations about it, and I am completly disapointed. There is 2 situations the repeat too often: first is the player who got the first turn, have 90% chance to win the battle.

I'd say for defence that is the case, but if you are on the 'attack', then going 2nd isnt only 10% chance to win. Sometimes, against a good team, you lose, but usually there is a work around against a team attacking 1st still. More time in PvP you will find tricks with your team to get around tough chars (like red troll). Unlucky getting frozen or stunned is probably the biggest challenge to beat if you go 2nd.

EddieCarva
12-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone.

I've been playing PvP this week, and I'm really enjoying it.

But today something that looks strange to me happened. I started a fight against the defending team of the player Mizrael. He got the first round attacking. So the first to attack was an assassin SoG, then his CG used the FURY attack, what I thought is very strange. With his fury one char of mine died, then he got another round, because the red bat on his team. And guess what ? His CG used a fury attack again. WTF, two furys attacks right in the first round, the second move.

Is it possible, it's a bug or its a cheater ???

Really want to know...

Sorry the bad english.

osiris0000
12-24-2016, 12:23 AM

About the GR Eddie and Freeze Talismans.. Both GR Eddie and Freeze Talismans get nerfed already and i believe further neft about this 2 can hurt the game.

GR Eddie's basic attack's Reset trigger chance is already lowered.
Freeze set have a chance of %12 (Nerfed pretty hard from %35)

Since all of the GR's basic moves are multiple hit attacks, of course we should see a better chance to see talisman effect triggers- which same as all multiple hit chars in the game.

On the other hand, most of us are end-gamers & top-tier players here in this forum. Most of us already forgot how we were doing as a new-player in this game months ago. If a new player wants a GR Eddie with at least 1 Freeze Talisman set, here is what player must sacrifice to get it:

-Player must collect all 255 skulls to obtain Grim Reaper Eddie. This is like a LOTB degree diploma and reward for hard efforts of player. GR Eddie should stay some kind of special like he is currently. I don't think people will be happy to see a nerf especially on GR Eddie. This can easily hurt newbie's motivation to move forward in the game.
-Player must have Maxed 6 talisman set for GR Eddie's survivability on PVP (Even with maxed ones, he is not so tanky and dies easily), and we all know how much effort a player need to put for maxing the talismans nowadays, due to less rune drops. We are all missing good old rune raining days.
-Player must put at least 1 Freeze Talisman set. Which means sacrificing 3 talisman slots and having 2 talisman set effect for getting %12 trigger chance, instead of putting 3 talisman sets for some additional decent magic damage with Holy & Paladin or a Health Ward sets for more survivability.
-This effect triggers when player hits "Perfect" only.

With putting all this efforts, it is completely looks fair to me, that hard-gaming player can have some advantage than others. This sacrifices take long time. Because as far as i know, GR Eddie don't drop from rare or legendary souls. So no one can spam the game with buying rare souls to obtain him, they should spend some-time to be a good player and this is the reward of it.

And about the revenge, i agree with you. It's like an endless loop. I guess we need some algorithms about that. I choose to keep fighting back with players who attacked me, so i don't attract more attackers and lose more points. Because we have no control on AI when it comes to defence, works sooo random.

Nicko
12-24-2016, 12:43 AM
And about the revenge, i agree with you. It's like an endless loop. I guess we need some algorithms about that. I choose to keep fighting back with players who attacked me, so i don't attract more attackers and lose more points. Because we have no control on AI when it comes to defence, works sooo random.

I had someone go back and forth with me ten times today. I finally said screw it. Even I - the revenge king - have my limits - just crazy!

Hypnos
12-24-2016, 12:50 AM
*Great points I mostly agree with*

Hi,

my main issue with this combo of GR + freeze is that in the top tier, defense teams really stand no chance. That is unless you have a Hellhound, which is easily countered by a character with Siege. I know this because GR is mostly the character that carries my team. If I get first turn against the enemy's defense team then I am at an extraordinary advantage and have won most of my games mainly because of this.

It really is no wonder most of the big players use GR and that my defense rarely "holds" against these teams.

I see what you mean about nerfing one of the most sought for characters in the game and it wouldn't make much sense now that I think about it. Not sure what could be done but I think it's not very fair that whenever I wake up, I see a whole list of "defense broken" just because I don't have the prisoner or corrupt general.

Nicko
12-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Hi,

my main issue with this combo of GR + freeze is that in the top tier, defense teams really stand no chance. That is unless you have a Hellhound, which is easily countered by a character with Siege. I know this because GR is mostly the character that carries my team. If I get first turn against the enemy's defense team then I am at an extraordinary advantage and have won most of my games mainly because of this.

It really is no wonder most of the big players use GR and that my defense rarely "holds" against these teams.

I see what you mean about nerfing one of the most sought for characters in the game and it wouldn't make much sense now that I think about it. Not sure what could be done but I think it's not very fair that whenever I wake up, I see a whole list of "defense broken" just because I don't have the prisoner or corrupt general.

I've won most of my games too and until today had barely even touched GR after I first got him. Today I was rotating between GR, CR, and Viking; just lost to Osiris with GR but then revisited with Viking and kicked his arse!

Point being there are lots of great characters in this game and it really is a combo of luck and strategy.
I think most of your wins going first are more due to the limitations of an AI defense as opposed to an overpowered GR, but that's just my opinion.

osiris0000
12-24-2016, 09:49 AM
I've won most of my games too and until today had barely even touched GR after I first got him. Today I was rotating between GR, CR, and Viking; just lost to Osiris with GR but then revisited with Viking and kicked his arse!

Point being there are lots of great characters in this game and it really is a combo of luck and strategy.
I think most of your wins going first are more due to the limitations of an AI defense as opposed to an overpowered GR, but that's just my opinion.

PVP would be more interesting if we were able to set defence AI, since we have no control. Even if you have very very solid defence, you cannot easily see "Held" on your defence against top-tier players. My current defence holds attacks around %20 & %30 approximately. Maximum %40 of the time for me (unless a stubborn attacker get lost to my defence all the time), no matter which team i put to defence. But some teams does better, i am just testing different defence synergies. But on the attack, i start to win %99 of the time even i got the first turn or not - by using best synergy i have with a killer team. I guess the secret is keep winning to the top, it is quite hard to stay on top when you can't control your defence effectively. So you can't rely on your defence only, you must keep fighting.

And we are only able to see last 10 attacks we got from defence, thats another thing. I was going to kick ass back after reading this Nicko, but my attacker list was too long, i will catch you after hehe :cool: Well, we are just kicking eachother on top 100 nowadays, because i know when i play against a forum player, i know that player can break my defence %80 of the time. But when PVP goes worldwide we will see more clear how amateurs & pros doing on our defence tab.

Derthona13
12-24-2016, 10:58 AM
I had 5 sands of War, I started a new battle, the game crashed and now I have 0 sands of war, so I can't play the Arena and lost 5 chances

slauki
12-24-2016, 11:38 AM
I had 5 sands of War, I started a new battle, the game crashed and now I have 0 sands of war, so I can't play the Arena and lost 5 chances

that's a visual glich, i had yesterday 10SOW for about an hour, so i tried to play as much as possible, but it crashed after i burned my "real" SOW i and after a restart it was at 0 as it should be.

One question for the highrollers:

do you get 8 coins per match once you reach the status warlord for 2100 trophies? i saw that the coins jumped from 6 to 7 when you reach duelist, so i thought it might jump to 8 when reaching the new status.... and maybe 9 when reaching king and 10 when reaching eternal?

Derthona13
12-24-2016, 11:59 AM
There should be a limit for revenge. Today a guy came back to me 5 times....and it's not ove yet. What's the Point? He beats me and I beat him in a never ending loop

90mphyorker
12-24-2016, 01:28 PM
I can't quite decide if I hate PvP or just think it's decidedly average.

slauki
12-24-2016, 02:28 PM
another suggestion: add more characters with immunity for the whole party and with removing passives as i mentioned it before.

the freezes, stuns and taunts are probably a little too powerfull, and in some cases it's more gambling than playing strategicly. sparton with his two sentinel demons knows that :P

some people who has one of the 2-4 specific characters are in an unfair advantage, because it's hard/impossible to counter the abilitys. that's very imbalanced IMO.

BTW:

1500 trophies = 7 coins per battle
1900 trophies = 8 coins per battle
no idea if 2300 = 9 coins and so on?

Ringe666-7406
12-24-2016, 02:46 PM
another suggestion: add more characters with immunity for the whole party and with removing passives as i mentioned it before.

the freezes, stuns and taunts are probably a little too powerfull, and in some cases it's more gambling than playing strategicly. sparton with his two sentinel demons knows that :P

some people who has one of the 2-4 specific characters are in an unfair advantage, because it's hard/impossible to counter the abilitys. that's very imbalanced IMO.

Second this... With today's so far 20/25 second turns when I attack/revenge (it's not even bad luck, it's just unfair) it would really be fair to have some leverage against CG's, freeze sets etc... I don't like to whine in general, but this is pure OP you devs are trying to cut ;)

Nicko
12-24-2016, 03:04 PM
do you get 8 coins per match once you reach the status warlord for 2100 trophies? i saw that the coins jumped from 6 to 7 when you reach duelist, so i thought it might jump to 8 when reaching the new status.... and maybe 9 when reaching king and 10 when reaching eternal?

Yup - and 9 at 2200, so imagine 10 at 2300

Right now only Kaijester would know that for sure ;)

Killhouse
12-24-2016, 04:44 PM
At 2300 you'll receive 12 iron coins per win.

slauki
12-24-2016, 04:58 PM
At 2300 you'll receive 12 iron coins per win.

hey killhouse welcome to the forums and ty you and nicko for answering :-)

I recongnized one small problem:
when you have dupes they sometimes change places, for nop reason. so i used an unequipped pharaoh instead on my fully sharded and so i lost vs killhouse :)

so maybe you can allow us to put a lock to the characters or maybe let us swich their order, since there is not so much struckture in the character list anyway.

Hypnos
12-24-2016, 05:19 PM
I feel like you should be given some sort of reward for defeating all 10 players on the attack list. Maybe some ironite or even sands of war.

Frost
12-24-2016, 05:46 PM
We shouldn't gain or lose points for defense. It's AI controlled, it's not fair to gain or lose based on a roll of a dice.

My AI team sometimes can win a very high attack team if it uses the moves and perfect hits I intend them to use, but can be facerolled byt a very low team if it just don't hit perfect or use wrong skills.

IMO defense must be used just as a mean to player self esteem, not for rank. Also revenge should not reward/punish either.

Some days I spend more time revenging than attacking.

Nicko
12-24-2016, 06:39 PM
hey killhouse welcome to the forums and ty you and nicko for answering :-)

I recongnized one small problem:
when you have dupes they sometimes change places, for nop reason. so i used an unequipped pharaoh instead on my fully sharded and so i lost vs killhouse :)

so maybe you can allow us to put a lock to the characters or maybe let us swich their order, since there is not so much struckture in the character list anyway.

Great idea - the same thing happened to me with my Viking! Put the unleveled, untalismaned guy in and we all can guess how that went :)

Killhouse - welcome - you've been rocking it today!

Varg-0203
12-24-2016, 06:59 PM
The fight for the first place is thrilling! Who'll get the Legendary Soul?

:D

Nicko
12-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Killhouse no doubt

I'm conceding! And was more interested in a second skill shard but too much work!

We'll see if Kaijester decides to give him a run for his money :)

Hypnos
12-24-2016, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't mind settling for the Warlord I tier. I have a feeling it's gonna be tough in the dying moments!

Nicko
12-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Once over 2300 every win gives 12 Iron coins. Even if you're not going to catch a gunner like Killhouse, it still "pays" better than the lower ranks by a good margin. Once the store is in "full swing" it will be interesting to see how valuable these coins really are; right now they limit the quantity and Other than a 1x/week skillshard I'm saving my coins to see what the future holds

It will be interesting to see if in the final hours anyone makes a mad dash for the top. Christmas Eve may put a hamper on that...

Derthona13
12-24-2016, 11:20 PM
Thank you Mr killhouse for attacking two times in 10 Minutes a guy with half your points....

Kaijester
12-24-2016, 11:21 PM
Thank you Mr killhouse for attacking two times in 10 Minutes a guy with half your points....

Killhouse playing like he has unlimited Ironites...

Nicko
12-24-2016, 11:50 PM

The problem is you have to clear every name on the list or you lose your statistical advantage, and the same names come up over an over

Before Killhouse went on his mad dash I was doing the same. Poor Osiris, Optic Sugar, and Flying V are going to think I had personal vendettas against them, but right now that's how they have the game set up

Nothing personal!

Kaijester
12-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Hmmm Killhouse gotten 800+ points in a matter of few hours. So if his Ironites is really unlimited he could be rank 1 weekly even if he is reset to 1000points...

Hypnos
12-25-2016, 12:04 AM
great. Missed out on 3 rare souls and 20 more ironite because miklos knocked me out of the Warlord I tier with 6 seconds left.

Nicko
12-25-2016, 12:06 AM
So this should be good - the week ended and the revenges came out - they were waiting :)

Amazingly my defense held off the first three; but poor Killhouse will likely be getting a massive assault...

Nicko
12-25-2016, 12:07 AM
great. Missed out on 3 rare souls and 20 more ironite because miklos knocked me out of the Warlord I tier with 6 seconds left.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional - but that sucks

Kaijester
12-25-2016, 12:07 AM
This is not good..killhouse reset to 1885 points...he can be rank 1 weekly.

Nicko
12-25-2016, 12:11 AM
This is not good..killhouse reset to 1885 points...he can be rank 1 weekly.

If he has the Ironite - and more importantly the patience and time - more power to him!

He was a beast, and if he keeps that up every Saturday I think he'll burn out. But maybe not :p

Congrats Killhouse!

Derthona13
12-25-2016, 12:42 AM
How does the reset work? This was my first week in the Arena, and in a matter of minutes i lost something like 300 points after the end of the week...how the number of lost points is decided?

osiris0000
12-25-2016, 12:44 AM
The problem is you have to clear every name on the list or you lose your statistical advantage, and the same names come up over an over

Before Killhouse went on his mad dash I was doing the same. Poor Osiris, Optic Sugar, and Flying V are going to think I had personal vendettas against them, but right now that's how they have the game set up

Nothing personal!

No problem my friend, i don't think that way :cool: I just joined PVP this week, kept myself cool checking around. What i see on PVP, ironite is a must have to stay on top. I get so many attacks from Killhouse also. And having powerful defense as much as possible, sometimes even 10 points are important in the rush hour. So defence break of %70 is better than %80. This is a math in the end. :cool: I will just keep myself cool for collecting some ironite, building better debuffer defence team for a while.

Killhouse
12-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Hello to you all. I've been a long time lurker using the valuable information others have contributed here. Thank you to those members.

Before we go any further, I apologize to any that I attacked multiple times. Nothing personal, but with the random 10 targets to fight, we're at the mercy of the RNG that decides who we can face.

Early this week I tried climbing the ladder to see how hard it would be. Each night I'd be able to climb maybe 200 points just to lose over half of them to revenges while sleeping. Instead, knowing I had a large chunk of time the afternoon of reset, I went for it.

100's of ironite was spent (no it's not limitless but I had been sitting on a large stockpile) and even more time was spent than I care to admit. Was it worth it? No probably not, but I won't know for sure until I pop the souls. Still not ready to face the disappointment of another legendary soul or more gunner/assassin ones giving a duplicate or not so great character.

Thoughts I've had on the PVP beta:

Revenge, needs some limitations. I spent an entire nights worth of sand trading wins with some people, (Max and Mammy come to mind) where we were each too stubborn to cut the losses and move on. Eventually someone (me) would lose and end the cycle. There needs to be a limitation to how many times you can trade. I'd be happy with a system where you could only revenge once and if you win, you'd get some or all of your points back and none would be deducted from the other player (or maybe only half).

Strategy, at first it felt like there was a lot to consider but now I feel much like you just need to have the right skills and luck to give you the best odds of winning. Far too many fights depend on a) who goes first and b) whose talismans decide the fight. Too much luck goes into deciding the outcome of the fights.

Skills, as others have mentioned already, some skills are much better than others. There were plenty of combinations that I chose to ignore and spend ironite to refresh my opponent list rather than fight and watch my team get crushed. This surely contributed to some frustration of multiple attacks in a short time... I would try to avoid names I remembered but the lists just kept populating mostly the same names.

Passive skills to use:
First Blood, Siege (if you aren't lucky enough to have a prisoner for passive aggression), shield.
With these you can start with a huge advantage of having a shield for the first round and 2x turns of you can manage to get the first kill. Very few fights even last 2 rounds

Teams to avoid:
Teams with a prisoner, some are easier to manage but certain combinations of passive will crush you
Teams with a focus character, these tend to have a CG and at least one other with talismans on hit

For any wondering my typical attack team was:
Warrior Angel of Fear (Bat)
Warrior Troll
Magus Angel of Pain (Bat)
Sentinel Undead rescuer (strand is ridiculously useful)
Carriage Rider Eddie

If the team had tough passives, use the Angel of Pain to counter. If not, use the rescuer with freeze talismans to help swing luck in your favour.

Well, thanks for reading if you got this far and another apology to any that were attacked repeatedly on my mission... nothing personal and please take your revenges upon me!

Happy Holidays!

Nifelheim
12-25-2016, 07:01 AM
Good to know. Thanks and congrats!

Kaijester
12-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Congratulations Killhouse!

Just to share...I gotten all duplicates for the 3 GA souls.

Frost
12-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Too dependant on who attack first. Damn my attack team is not that good and I can beat even Nicko or Kaijester if I attack first.

Also the endless revenge cicle keep from climbing the ladder. Win points, lose points, win points, lose points, all from the same person. I keep more time revenging to try to get lost points than attacking to get more points, and this is not fun AT ALL.

IMO revenge and defense rewards must be only Iron Coins, and the only way you can get points is from attacking. Successfull defense? 10 Iron coins. Successfull revenge? 10 coins. Defense broken? Lose nothing. Revenge lost? Lose nothing. This wouls create an interesting choice for us: defend/revenge to get more coins and reap rewards, or attack others to climb the rank and get bigger rewards?

Since the reset I could not go past 1200 points becaus eI got attacked and revenged every time, and since my defense team is AI I have no control, and the chance of losing is way higher than winning.

If this system does not change the top players will always be on top and the bottom will always be bottom. Right now for me PvP is only to get Iron Coins, no fun in losing all your daily progress because you don't control your defense and does not play 24/7

@Edit: if you attack someone and lose, that person should be blocked from attacking again untill next refresh. That generates infinite revenge entries for that person if you keep losing the attack.

Kaijester
12-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Indeed Frost, I've deemed players with low scores does not participate in Arena, or are heavily attacked by players so you might not be able to revenge.

This will become a terrible experience for the low scoring player and difficult for them to participate in Arena fairly.

Well this is beta mode afterall so our feedbacks will help to make the system better (hopefully).

Nicko
12-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks for sharing Killhouse - you were a beast! Congrats and hopefully the souls pay off; like Kaijester mine were all trash.

Appreciated you sharing strategy and the thought behind your attacks. For obvious reasons there has been little discussion of that on these boards, so it was refreshing to see.

Killhouse
12-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks! Haven't popped the legendary and 3 gunner/assassin souls yet... for now I can convince myself it was worth the time and resources hoping I get a new character from them.

Completely agree with frost, I had a continuous revenge cycle with max one night... easily 20 back and fourths until two revenges in a row his defense froze my entire team and I watched the points slip out of my hands. Lesson learned and good team building by him.

Unfortunately with the limited access to the beta (or due to terrible RNG) I always see the same 7 names in my list of players I can attack. The other 3 are usually pretty familiar as well but at least rotate. So inevitably it looks like I'm picking on certain teams more than others. I've never seen some names from the forums on my list.

Played a little last night, went from 1400 to 1600 points, log in to 9 revenges and 1520 points and every name on my revenge list is on my attack list. Either I pay to refresh it, or attack them fresh and hope they don't revenge again, or spend my time revenging in the hope that they'll stop. These don't feel like meaningful choices.

As for strategy, I wish there was more sharing but understand the reasons at this point. It'll get there as more and more are let into the beta. There are two teams I avoid:

Prisoner teams that stack Passives against you (shield or flex especially) and teams that stack focus and status effects and use the CG. There's been some other creative ones that have surprised me but can usually be beat with careful thought. These two combinations tend to stack the odds against you and unless you get the first attack, have little to no chance of winning since they can only be countered with specific characters that you may not have.

Anyways, time to use up some troopers!

Frost
12-26-2016, 04:18 PM
CR Eddie, Warrior Troll, Prisoner and CG

Mummy, Prisoner, CG or Warrior Troll and Sentinel Undead Rescuer

Those two are giving a really hard time... Kudos guys maybe in 6334636 years I'll pull a Prisoner and CG

R1ck
12-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Haha, in the same position, waiting if I ever get a prisoner, CG, AoF. But not waiting too much.
I see myself in the bye bye list very soon.

BillLion
12-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Some won't like me for this suggestion but I feel like it would provide some time/life balance to the game.

I think it would be good to increase the time it takes to get a SOW -back to 45 minutes. BUT, for this to work it would also be important to reduce (or eliminate) trophy losses when our AI team loses defense. It works together to decrease the grind and preserve progress.

Here's why I say that -this game is not for hardcore gamers -mostly. You've found a huge niche in Maiden fans and what has been great is keeping this manageable in terms of time. I think it would be hard to overstate how important this is.* This would help. That way we don't have to feel like if we're away for the game for a few hours (or God forbid sleeping) we don't lose all progress we've gained.

AND for the developer it would generate more income for those who have the time and resources to buy more ironite. ALSO, it would make SOW more valuable as a prize to be given for PVP or added to the daily login bonuses, etc.

* This is why I also recommended speed passes for missions that have been completed with 3 skulls.

slauki
12-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Some won't like me for this suggestion but I feel like it would provide some time/life balance to the game.

I think it would be good to increase the time it takes to get a SOW -back to 45 minutes. BUT, for this to work it would also be important to reduce (or eliminate) trophy losses when our AI team loses defense. It works together to decrease the grind and preserve progress.

Here's why I say that -this game is not for hardcore gamers -mostly. You've found a huge niche in Maiden fans and what has been great is keeping this manageable in terms of time. I think it would be hard to overstate how important this is.* This would help. That way we don't have to feel like if we're away for the game for a few hours (or God forbid sleeping) we don't lose all progress we've gained.

AND for the developer it would generate more income for those who have the time and resources to buy more ironite. ALSO, it would make SOW more valuable as a prize to be given for PVP or added to the daily login bonuses, etc.

* This is why I also recommended speed passes for missions that have been completed with 3 skulls.

i agree that the trophy losses are way to high. The problem with the time/life balance for serious gamers is also existent.
But it would be a better possibility IMO to add some more SOW and SOT to the pool, so that it takes approximatly 8 hours to refill. This would be way better IMO since the system is now very pay to win heavy. If we reduce the possibility to play the arena, it will become even more pay to win, since only people who invests huge amounts of ironite would be able to fight for the nice rewards. i feel that this would be even worse for the casual gamer, since also "normal people" should have the possibility to get some of the nice rewards.

sure they probably cannot make it to the top 5, but they should be able to get to the top 30 without spending that much if you ask me....

so maybe 15 sow with a 35 minutes counter would be fine and maybe 90-100 SOT. Speed passes would also be great, or at least to speed the game up to 4x if someone is in a hurry.