PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for better AI

slauki
12-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Hey folks,

we all know the problem, one enemy left with 2% health and your eddie fires a fury at him for 25k damage. In the next turn the furybar has to fill up again -.-
The AI became better in the last weeks, but it's still stupid as hell. ATM it's more important then ever to have a very good AI, since PVP is based on an autoplayed defense.
If we can make the AI smarter the disadvantage for the defense would be smaller and the feature would be more challenging.

My favourite solution for this would be to give my party some basic commands for autoplay and for PVP defense. I mentioned in another thread, that some basic commands like "never use powermove" or "heal if health is <75%" would be great. Everyone would have much more tactical possibilities, this would make the game much smarter! This would also make the feature "more PVP".

If that's too hard to implement in a mobile RPG i thought that we can list all silly moves that our AI permanently does, so that the devs can hopefully change it and make the AI smarter.

I will start with some few observation of mine and will add everything you mention in this first post, so that we can keep it well structured here:

SILLY AI MOVES:

General bad moves:

-Using fury and power moves, when there is only one enemy left which is very low on health
-The AI seems to heal only once per round, the healing frequency should be higher in the middle and at the end of a round, but not
at the beginning.
- the order of operation needs attention. Maybe work out which move each character will use at the start of the round, then prioritise debuff > buff > heal >

Character specific bad moves:

Carriage Rider:
-When HP is low he uses the spell vamp move instead of preserve or torch, even if the other allies are warriors. So changing this to preserve/torch all the time would be good.
-Uses his Fury as last character, shouls use it as first move always, since it buffs you and debuffs the enemy.

Pharaoh Eddie:
-His revive is very usefull, but i never saw the AI revive dead allies

Soldier Eddie:
-never saw him heal (outdated as it seems) --> should use his heal earlier in the game.

Storm Eddie:
-tries to use the fury and power stealing move too often and hardly ever uses the 3 hit basic attack

Speed of light Eddie:
-seems not to use his heal on auto

Corrupt General:
-Using all Hail 100% of the time would be great. His Fury and his ability ruin much of his autoplay/defense potential

The Nomad:
-Uses his power move sometimes first, but should use it always as last character in the round.

The Rocket Dog:
-shouldn't use his power move, when there are multiple opponents left. IMO he shouldn't use it at all on auto ;)

Pharaoh Sun Spirit:
-Should use his power move more often

Alliance General:
-Uses his powermove sometimes at the end of the round he should buff first.

Assassin Troll:
-uses his steal ability even if the enemy doesn't have a buff

Feel free to comment, every observation can make the AI smarter!

konstifik
12-16-2016, 09:58 AM
If my team does get low on health, Soldier Eddie heals. All the time.

Reeb99
12-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Soldier Eddie definitely heals on auto, but waits too long to do it. He also won't heal two turns in a row. Since his heal is so weak, he should probably start when any ally is below 60% health.

To add feedback:

Storm Eddie tries to use the fury and power stealing move too often and hardly ever uses the 3 hit basic attack. Seeing as how little power the first move steals and how rarely it kicks in, they should probably switch the two as far as the AI is concerned. This is another one that waits too long to use his heal as well.

Rocket dog shouldn't use his power move when there are multiple enemies present, in my opinion. It's fine when there is only one or two enemies left, but when there are more than that it is a waste of energy and damage output.

P. Sun Spirit could stand to use the power move a little earlier since it is such a good move.

Alliance General has a bad tendency to use his power move buff when there are no allies left with a turn that round. A check to see if any allies have a turn left would help a lot there.

I don't think I've ever seen Speed of Light Eddie use his heal on auto, but I haven't used him much lately.

Baba-8301
12-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Order of operation needs attention. Maybe work out which move each character will use at the start of the round, then prioritise debuff > buff > heal > damage?

hold
12-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Carriage Rider:
When HP is low he uses the speal vamp move instead of preserve or torch, even if the other allies are warriors. So changing this to preserve/torch all the time would be good.

Using fury as last character in the round ... You fire this one manually as the first because of buffs and debuffs ...

But that goes with other toons as well. I have seen my team attacking and after they were done the Alliance General buffed them all - while this is nice for the next roud as well - he really could have done this at the beginning of the round ... :)

BUT YES: A deny button for power abilities would be very nice for autoplay.

FlyingV
12-16-2016, 12:08 PM
I brought this up months ago myself. I think these are good suggestions that I can support, but I wonder what the likely time table would be for this between current bug fixing/PVP going live/further promised content.

I for one would like to see a menu revamp take priority because scrollng through 125 talismans six times over to refit a single toon is ridiculous.

Ringe666-7406
12-27-2016, 01:02 AM
It would be nice to make GR Eddie use more of Cleave and Horrow instead of Slash...

Shifter
12-27-2016, 03:05 AM
I'm actually ok with Red Rocket using his ability since mine is max shard and stuns almost all the time. But for the most part it would be ok if he didn't use it in AI.

One thing that I think should be noted is that if a character is stunned change to another character, nothing worse then watching a low life guy get stunned by everyone where that second stun could have been used on another character.

Schadenfreud-0217
12-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Speed of Light Eddie never heals QQ, also uses single target damage when there's multiple enemies and AoE abilities on one enemy... I love him but with the current AI he's pretty bad on auto :/

Sag7272
01-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Haven't red the whole topic so sorry if dupes but I noted that,

Assassin Golden Son always cast endure on second turn (when he start) even if other team was frozen and HP still full... Priority seem too high

Hellhound have a superb passive but his power move seem prioritised like a buff but should be like a heal, my personal opinion, even in PvE it's super annoying...

As for Guard Troll's power move that he use everytime he got a chance instead of finishing the other team or let a better shield being cast by other party members...

Not character specific but noticed that eddy never use fury facing a shield and that shields don't stack, first casted shield have priority so if Troll's Guard is up don't expect titan shield to work or inversely to get fury bonuses from guard with titan shield first cast... Maybe ment that way thought

I know it's already buggy but revenge passive won't trigger behind a shield either... Not tested much but never seen it even trigger the pop up word if any shield is on..