PDA

View Full Version : Sparton could you explain this, please?

Shaolin85london
12-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Understand that BoS dropping rate is purely random, accepted it....what instead it's unacceptable is this type of situation, that actually sounds pretty much like a scam than a pure casualty. I'm one of the players who spend more money in the game, does mean I feed this game and you devs, but getting back this obscenity is not acceptable anymore, I got 5 CG and 6 fotd Eddie!!! Is that normal for you? How can u explain that? Are u cheating me via my BoS???

EdwardTH
12-19-2016, 09:51 PM
These are his 2 pulls, taken from facebook.

https://s27.postimg.org/piaozajmn/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/piaozajmn/)

https://s27.postimg.org/3kitj8tzz/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/3kitj8tzz/)

Eagleknight
12-19-2016, 10:02 PM
These are his 2 pulls, taken from facebook.

https://s27.postimg.org/piaozajmn/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/piaozajmn/)

https://s27.postimg.org/3kitj8tzz/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/3kitj8tzz/)

id kill for one CG and I've opened tons and tons of rare leg souls. (meaning I don't think there are many that have opened more souls then I have and I still don't have one).

Shaolin85london
12-19-2016, 10:15 PM
id kill for one CG and I've opened tons and tons of rare leg souls. (meaning I don't think there are many that have opened more souls then I have and I still don't have one).

That's mine 5th CG I'm sick to get it...

Eagleknight
12-19-2016, 10:19 PM
That's mine 5th CG I'm sick to get it...

save for sacrifice. That's what id do.

Eddie666
12-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Can fully relate, spending real money to try and get the characters we want/need and just end up get the same old normal characters, it's so frustrating, all these Corrupt Generals, Pharaoh and viking Eddies being summoned and I can't even get 1

Eddie666-0940

blade685
12-20-2016, 07:53 AM
same problem for every one, i loot always same characters too....
9 sol eddie, 7 red soul demon etc....and 0 cotd, 0 troll,etc.... never loot a new characters since 3 month with legendary, rare and normal souls!!! dev do really shit in that game...it's a totally stupid strategy
It's a big problem!

FlyingV
12-20-2016, 08:33 AM
I have been playing since July and have recently opened a second account. All these pulls later and I am finally seeing my first angel of the game, and an AoF at that. I've yet to see a hellhound, CG or a rare sentenel, warrior or assassin eddie.

Eagleknight
12-20-2016, 09:08 AM
I have been playing since July and have recently opened a second account. All these pulls later and I am finally seeing my first angel of the game, and an AoF at that. I've yet to see a hellhound, CG or a rare sentenel, warrior or assassin eddie.

It's the horrible rng at one time I had 8 blue angels 4 red and 7 green. I have yet to see CG, Red COTD and sveral other cool characters. I am not lying when I say iv opened like 600 rare souls. It all just luck some people have it some don't. I don't so I tried to make up for it by opening lots of rare souls but they took that away from us.

Yos2112
12-20-2016, 09:39 AM
My reward yesterday from levelling up 25 characters to 5 stars was 6 duplicate characters!!!!!! From the 6 rare souls I got only characters that I did already have multiple times!!!!! So how do you explain that to the players and want to prevent them from not freaking out????

Witkacy
12-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Evening folks :)

That's WHY I stopped opening the rare souls COMPLETELY, just collecting them, but fear to open... Well... Not complaing there as I WAS lucky to get a few great characters so far, yet this whole system with getting the same characters multiple times just to sell them out (as we still can't exchange them for any goods/characters etc.), or some do keep them for God knows how long and waiting the salvation (sacrifice)... It smells to me a bit as a fraud, I am sorry - but this exactly how it looks like... I peaced my mind long ago with the fact that I won't get everything... But at least I COULD try to get as much as I can... The guys are encouraging us to collect all the Eddies for example - but how it can be done if one constantly gets as many duplicates? This is simply demotivating especially if you put some real money to play...

Personally I managed to collect the outstanding number of them - 3 from souls plus 1 from achievement - I mean those bit rare - though Grim Reaper became fairly common now as I had the chance to see at The Arena... And all this in a matter of more than 4 months... So it takes less than one Eddie per month constant day by day playing in my case...

I wasn't born yesterday so I can tell the devs made the best game for THEMSELVES - just to collect as much money as possible... Ok, fine everybody needs them for living - but question is - is that simply fair? I don't think so... Let's imagine Iron Maiden are pulling out a new record, we all running to the music shops, buying it with money then all the way happy return to our homes, put our stereo systems on, listening... And it turns out that out of 10 songs olny 3 are unique and the rest being simply the same songs as duplicates... How would you feel? - Oh, that's OK - no problem - I am happy with those three and for the rest either use ''skip'' or will be listening all ten without the need to press ''repeat''... Or rather like somebody cheated you?

How is it fair that somebody has 5 Corrupt Generals and other none? You might be saying it's a matter of luck... Probably yet still seem unusual that the same players are obviously more lucky than others and being gifted with the same stuff while it's denied for others... There ARE far more characters being released up to date than we have number of slots available... And even then - all of us keep getting the enormous number of duplicates... Agree it could happen - but NOT THAT MANY TIMES!

All this clearly shows that probablity and possibility of getting unique character are almost equal to ZERO (even if you pay a LOT of money - your chances not gonna increase, yet still be at the ground level).

So... What's the point of pulling the new characters as fast as it happening (beside money)? What's for I've been bombarded DOZEN times per one day with the popups informing me that the new character ''Viking Eddie'' has been released? (example) - I already KNOW that! Better would be said how many people got him to encourage me to try to buy more souls, right?
There 2 (two) people who claimed they've got him already - that's pretty big number per our whole internet community out there I have to say...

So maybe it would be good to ''fix'' the souls a little bit, please? Maybe implement some system which would be monitoring our inventory (just like it happens if we exceed the number of certain materials) and not allow to have more than 2-3 duplicates of the same character? I know it can be tough as all is the matter of drawing - so in that case - why not to improve the chances the little bit in the name of ''balance'' amongst players such willingly wording by the devs?

Please take it to consideration the fact the more people will see chances of getting some good stuff the more will they be after it and probably the more spend their money... Please make rare souls not being just rare of getting like it is happning - haven't seen any in ANY secret location for days - but make them being WORTH something... For now it's just one of many things in my inventory - not mean much to me though...

Thanks for listening...

Cheers,

W

hold
12-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks for listening...

Cheers,

W

I haven't opened many rare souls the last few weeks as well ... completely agree ... my deadlines are still there. Depending on what the Xmas special will look like I go all Vegas and open all I saved the last few weeks - including a Legendary soul. If the odds are still really awful I will move on

I also can't complain about pulling some great toons. But I'm more of a collector type than a PvP type. I becomes clearer and clearer that I will not have any chance tol collect them all - so I loose interest. We'll see the next few days ... my initial deadline for myself was end of the year. But I rather sort it out before Xmas and have a "Piece Of Mind" ;)

It was fun and PvP seems to be fun as well but the system is rather silly at the moment ... nobody goes anywhere as far as I can see. Maybe it's for the best my LotB time is coming to an end. At least I get my life back ;)

R1ck
12-21-2016, 08:50 PM
If this RNGs keeps so bad I will move on as well. My dead line is my baby's birth. First week of January.
Maybe devs have to much pressure from shareholders and forget that we only play because of the Band, if it was other game I would have quit long time ago.

hold
12-21-2016, 08:53 PM
... because of the Band, if it was other game I would have quit long time ago.

^^^^^^^this

act408
12-22-2016, 02:02 AM
I have had the same problem ots really frustrating. Bought 3 Christmas souls and used 6 rare souls and got all new born of light characters this is complete b.s.!!!!

maxdeviations
12-22-2016, 03:01 AM
i thought i would wait a bit and open some souls when the event comes out. right now i opened 45 green souls 43 rare souls and 16 christmas souls and 2 legend souls.
i got 1 5* character - magus dog king, completely useless not to mention my 2nd one. never used the first one either.
rest all dupes. or useless christmas dogs. i ended up selling 90 of them. let me say that again .. 90 sold and out of over a 100 souls i get 1 5* dog. absolutely horrible.
i thoguht i d get the red troll at least cause he is a 4* ... but no.
sometimes i think your system knows what characters the player wants and never gives it to them. it just seems rigged.
i have spent some money in the past - like 150 bucks + or so. this time around i did nt i just accumulated a lot over time. and good thing i did nt spend any money - just look at the results. lol
i m so pissed that i m laughing.
i know you guys are working hard but this is such a mindless cash grab system. this entire system of chance is just making fools of your userbase.
you lost a paying customer - you aint getting a single penny from me.
merry christmas

hold
12-22-2016, 07:17 AM
i thought i would wait a bit and open some souls when the event comes out. right now i opened 45 green souls 43 rare souls and 16 christmas souls and 2 legend souls.
i got 1 5* character - magus dog king, completely useless not to mention my 2nd one. never used the first one either.
rest all dupes. or useless christmas dogs. i ended up selling 90 of them. let me say that again .. 90 sold and out of over a 100 souls i get 1 5* dog. absolutely horrible.
sometimes i think your system knows what characters the player wants and never gives it to them. it just seems rigged.
i have spent some money in the past - like 150 bucks + or so. this time around i did nt i just accumulated a lot over time. and good thing i did nt spend any money - just look at the results. lol
i know you guys are working hard but this is such a mindless cash grab system. this entire system of chance is just making fools of your userbase.
merry christmas

That makes me want to keep all my souls closed ... absolutely terrible. But I keep to my deadline on christmas and open everything I have on th 25th. If I have an experience like you I definitely quit ... this is a pisstake ...

P.S: Might be my luck but in the last couple of weeks I really don't get great loot from secret locations anymore. Not even from the Madness ones in Underworld (Hard as well) and Battlefield.

Kaijester
12-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Sigh finally gotten the Legendary Soul from Arena Store and....

A duplicate Carriage Rider Eddie.

Hypnos
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM
4 rare sentinel souls: 4 corrupt ox cultists

that's got to be rarer than getting viking eddie right?

blade685
12-22-2016, 12:48 PM
the loot system for souls is totally a big shit and bored and the biggest problem of the game

Arcturus
12-22-2016, 01:05 PM
P.S: Might be my luck but in the last couple of weeks I really don't get great loot from secret locations anymore. Not even from the Madness ones in Underworld (Hard as well) and Battlefield.

I'd been feeling that way too, but over the last 2 days I got 3 or 4 rare souls from secret locations. Although as this thread shows, there's not a lot to be excited about from rare souls.

Ian
12-22-2016, 01:24 PM
It's almost like the pulls are based on some random number generator...

I wonder whether some of the folks on this forum know what "Random" means.

There are a lot of 3* and above characters. Every time you open a soul you have the exact same percent chance to get each character - the game doesn't care if you have 10 of that character already, or none. The chances are not dependent on your inventory. Is this a good system? Not if you want to collect everything and not if you are after one particular took out of 80+ possible.

Personally I enjoy the game despite the bugs and the Nerf's. I have bought some ironite to support the devs, so I have spent around the price of one new PC game which I think is fair. But I would never buy much more than that because I realise that to buy yourself the characters you want is overpriced under the current system.

I have never had AG, CG, half the Eddies, and several other "decent" ones. I get cultists with every pull it feels like. But that's just how it is.

Arcturus
12-22-2016, 01:43 PM
This made me chuckle.

But seriously, there's a difference between complaining that you aren't getting the souls you want (or are getting dupes) due to bad RNG, versus wondering if the RNG odds have changed recently, which does happen occasionally. Far too much of the former on the forums, though (particularly this thread).

mjmxiii
12-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Not gonna mention how many souls I've opened trying to get that damn CG to drop.... it's not happening! What I will say, (besides feeling it should be a crime when you get a duplicate character from a Legendary Soul!?) is that a simple tweak is definitely in order! I don't know just how easy it would be but something tells me that it's as simple as the devs pushing a few buttons and maybe working some long division on the weekends to give us this solution; when you obtain a soul of any type through any method, the system reads your character inventory and greatly lowers the chances of duplicate characters. The main reason being is that once I get a new char, it seems I also get a higher probability of summoning duplicates of the same char and that is a major problem I think we can all agree, needs to be fixed. It's literally the bug everyone minds that never gets fixed! Well its just a thought anyway, but a fix that you devs should try putting in your computer!

Otaviano
12-22-2016, 04:51 PM
merry christmas

I agree .... I mean I have 3 pharaoh king dog....and yesterday I change my irontes 20 christmas rare souls.... and guess...... YES only one 5 star ,,, and it was ???!?!?!?! YESSSSSS another pharaoh king dog.... so now I have 4 , and no other 5 star ally ..,,, well only the ones that I could evolue...
Anyway, I think the guys will fix this BIG bug that is the "lucky" on open a soul.... lol....
Well Merry Christmas for all !!! and UP the Iron !!!!

Atheist
12-22-2016, 05:21 PM
ehm,
just a question to understand something, because I see a lot of people storing souls not because they lack inventory slots but because they think with a future update their loots will be improved. And I'm confused.
I thought that the outcome of a soul/rare soul/blah blah is determined the time you drop/buy it. No matter how many times for example you open it, if you force close and restart and re-open it it will always be the same character. The same applies for the time you buy it, for example if you bought a rare soul 4 months ago it wont have chances to drop something from the current "x-mas event". Is it correct or i'm terribly mistaken?

floki
12-22-2016, 05:23 PM
well, i regulary spend money on th game as well, guess what, 0 5* chars from souls so far xDD

mjmxiii
12-22-2016, 05:28 PM
I thought that the outcome of a soul/rare soul/blah blah is determined the time you drop/buy it. No matter how many times for example you open it, if you force close and restart and re-open it it will always be the same character. The same applies for the time you buy it, for example if you bought a rare soul 4 months ago it wont have chances to drop something from the current "x-mas event". Is it correct or i'm terribly mistaken?

You are 100% correct... the character is decided the moment you obtain it. It will always be what it is no matter how long you have it or how many times you force close the game to try and "change" your luck :D

hold
12-22-2016, 05:32 PM
You are 100% correct... the character is decided the moment you obtain it. It will always be what it is no matter how long you have it or how many times you force close the game to try and "change" your luck :D

Wrong... It is decided when you open them and not obtain.

Hellrider
12-22-2016, 05:36 PM

No, you are not correct. The character is decided the moment you opened it. But before you see the character it's stored on server, so if you force close the game you get the same character. Today I've opened a stack of normal souls just after the update and got 2 new characters from the event.

Nicko
12-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Oh Sparton - we need a tiebreaker :)

mjmxiii
12-22-2016, 06:12 PM
No, you are not correct. The character is decided the moment you opened it.

Yeah, I know, it is debatable. I've tried to change my luck so many times that I can only conclude that no matter what, the character is chosen the moment you acquire the soul, not the moment you open the soul. Maybe one of the devs can confirm but I have tested this countless times and I notice that no matter what, if you open 10 rare souls and force close the game before you back out of the book of souls, you will open the exact same 10 characters in the same order once you try it again. There has never been a different outcome in the hundreds of times I've tested this out.

Roquetas-5312
12-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I know, it is debatable. I've tried to change my luck so many times that I can only conclude that no matter what, the character is chosen the moment you acquire the soul, not the moment you open the soul. Maybe one of the devs can confirm but I have tested this countless times and I notice that no matter what, if you open 10 rare souls and force close the game before you back out of the book of souls, you will open the exact same 10 characters in the same order once you try it again. There has never been a different outcome in the hundreds of times I've tested this out.

It is registered with the server when you open so you can't close down and get different soul this has been confirmed by developers.
The only exception is if you get a limited offer soul I had a duplicate pumpkin so I quit and left it there after the event ended it was no longer there

Hellrider
12-22-2016, 06:36 PM

No, it's not debatable. What I wrote is proved and written by both devs and other users.

mjmxiii
12-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Well I appreciate the correction Roquetas, hold and Hellrider :D You are scholars and gentlemen with more useless knowledge readily available than this tired old man can muster on a cold winter day. I was merely relaying my own experiences and never thought to look up the answers on this website. Too much work to prove a point so I castrate myself before you all :o Well done good sirs, well done :cool:

Mxmas

MrFreeze
12-23-2016, 02:13 AM
Yeah, it's on the forum here somewhere. One of the old devs, lotb Matt I think, said its decided when it hits the book of souls

Patrice-1201
12-23-2016, 08:05 PM
I have heard from the LOTB team
On Facebook that it is decided when you cash in the soul not when it hits the BOS

MrFreeze
12-23-2016, 08:47 PM
I looked but couldn't find the post I'm thinking of. With the way the game is tweaked all the time who knows if it's even relevant anymore. I'm not sure what you mean by cashed in though.

mjmxiii
12-23-2016, 09:06 PM
I think it's safe to say that we can all think what we would like about how it works. Regardless of what you do or when it's decided, it seems guaranteed rare that you get what you want and certain that you'll get what you already have. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need lol

MrFreeze
12-24-2016, 01:37 AM
I think it's safe to say that we can all think what we would like about how it works. Regardless of what you do or when it's decided, it seems guaranteed rare that you get what you want and certain that you'll get what you already have. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need lol

Alright! Need ten letters to post:.. Alright!

Atheist
12-24-2016, 08:41 AM
So can we have an official answer? (for teh rawk)

floki
12-24-2016, 12:48 PM
check out my team : floki-4148
2 AoF, 1 AoS, 3 AoP
and people are saying that they really want any of these angels, take them out of my hands, please xD

yet i haven't got a single 5 star char from souls xD

hold
12-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Today I used all my ressources (well ...). I thought Christmas is quite fitting. That is the outcome. I am just pointing out interesting or fairly new characters from each soul type.

730 normal souls

1 Mummy Eddie
1 SoL Eddie
2x Blue Soldier
1 Corrupt Droid (Warrior / duplicate)
1 Festive Wickerdeer (Sentinel)

---------------

29 Rare Souls

3 Mummy Eddies
1 Pyro soldier (Sentinel / my 3rd)
1 Golden Son (Magus / my 3rd)
1 Soulless Demon (Sentinel / duplicate)
1 Corrupt Droid (Warrior / duplicate)

---------------

5 Gunner / Assassin Souls

2 Cheering Wickerdeers (Gunner)

---------------

5 Sentinel Souls

Feck All

---------------

17 Christmas Souls

1 Festive Wickerdeer (Sentinel)
1 Run To The Hills Eddie

---------------

2 Legendary Souls

1 Pyro Soldier (Sentinel / my 4th)
1 Soulless Demon (Sentinel / my 3rd)

That must be my bad luck or the bad luck of a lot of people here. The devs said recently they crunched some numbers, everything is fine and the future will bring many good things.

And I wanted to buy more souls especially warrior ones but ... even I had close to 46000 Trooper badges I get a message that I don't have enough trooper badges. Just one of the very long standing bugs that never got adressed.

---------------

That's it ... I'm out - App deinstalled.

The reasons were mentioned by many many persons over and over again in this forum.

The design and dthe graphics are awesome. The bugs and the RNG system in combination with the amount of rare souls you can earn are terrible. Even it is better these days the server errors they are still happening in LoL.

With every update I had a lump of money ready that I was willing to spend to support the developers if the update is any good. Not one update but the last one went smoothly or without introducing more bugs. The Christmas update or as they call it "event" was basically about buying more souls and throwing money after Nodding Frog. I wouldn't call it an event ... not even a Christmas present they had for their players.

My guts tell me that this game is driving full speed towards a brick wall and will hit it eventually. I watched and played this drama for 6 months in the hopes things change. It really didn't much. I have the bad feeling that this game is caught in a death spiral and there is no escape anymore.

You cannot collect all characters for 2 reasons:
1. there ist not enough space.
2. you'll never get them with the system in place.

I will enjoy Christmas and the start of the new year without this pisstake of a money grabbing scheme. I would love to have this game as a standalone app without the need of being online and would pay 5 Euro as for any other mobile game. Maybe with new worlds as DLCs for 2 Euro a world and whenever you finish one you get all the chars and an Eddie or so. But this buggy nonsense is too much now.

Thanks to all my Troopers - you were part of the reason I actually stayed that long. Many many troopers points I got because of you loyal Troopers and only that made the game on some days bareable (the ones with a lot of server errors). That also means feel free to drop me and search for a new and active Trooper.

Still a fan of the band but not of the driving forces behind this crap. In terms of computer games this one has become my disappointment of the year 2016.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

FlyingV
12-25-2016, 09:19 AM

I wonder whether some of the folks on this forum know what "Random" means.

There are a lot of 3* and above characters. Every time you open a soul you have the exact same percent chance to get each character - the game doesn't care if you have 10 of that character already, or none. The chances are not dependent on your inventory. Is this a good system? Not if you want to collect everything and not if you are after one particular took out of 80+ possible.

I am going to have to call BS on this one. Random means a chaotic and unpredictable turn of events. Rare soul in a random world = the same likelihood that a 3* allied soldier is drawn as a 5* Allied General could be drawn. This of course is bullshit.

Every poster who has ever complained has mentioned the Ox cultist/green allied soldier/mummy eddie spam. Every single one. If it were truly random, 5% complaining about the green allied soldier while 95% would never have him spammed.

one (or both) of two things is in play:

1. Devs have put parameters in place that interfere with true randomness by making certain characters harder than others to acquire (i.e. Rocket dog harder to acquire than corrupted ox cultist)

2. The RNG is bugged, causing massive duplicates while others continue to be a near-impossibility

That people have 3-4 duplicates of one insanely rare character that many never possessed (Nor likely ever will) while having few to no other such rare characters suggests to me that this is completely bugged and probably aided by devs tinkering with certain restrictions.

mjmxiii
12-25-2016, 09:28 AM
That is a crying shame hold!! I empathize with you and everyone who is loyal to this game. All the work, time and money you have invested (all of us for that matter!)... to only receive frustration from obvious reasons like the bugs and terrible RNG and no real answer from devs except for them to confirm the issues and then continue to milk us for all they can...

Seriously, I think we all feel your pain. I know I do... your Trooper points, your gold total, the fact that you opened what seems close to 1000 souls or more only to recieve even more disappointment and over 45,000 trooper points and the system just turning straw and breaking the camels back... it fucking sucks!!

If it's any consolation, if you are as dedicated with everything else in your life as it shows you are with this game, you're gonna be alright homie!

In the end, it's just a game trying to turn a profit and all of us who have bought in and been here from the beginning will all eventually reach the point you have and walk away as well.

Hey Nodding Frog and site mods, why don't you guys take care of this person? Reach out and make something happen! You guys should really see that this is a community and if it sticks together, a lot of people are going to start walking out on the game. Take your inspiration from the band name on the title screen! All the years of making the best music they can and never letting their fans down. Day after day, night after night, year after year for decades they have continued to have an unrelenting persistence to be the best at what they do... follow suit!

Cheers hold, hope they at least try to win you back, but don't hold your breath!

hold
12-25-2016, 10:12 AM
2. The RNG is bugged, causing massive duplicates while others continue to be a near-impossibility

What are the odds to get the Pyro sentinel and the Demon sentinel in the rare souls as well as via the two legendary souls? ... They are no bad characters ... but no way legendary (and btw it was my second green Soulless Demon from a Legendary soul).

On the Christmas souls I had two Dester Golems (gunner) in a row ... what are the odds for that?

That is a crying shame hold!! I empathize with you ...

Thanks man ... tbh after uninstalling the app I felt somewhat free ... :)

I grew up with Maiden and my first album from them was Powerslave when it just came out. I bought it because I liked the cover and didn't know then band. Fli from the Chili Peppers and Steve Harris from Maiden are the reasons I swapped the guitar for a bass guitar.

Have seen them a few times on stage. Really good. From now on if I read the name Iron Maiden I think of the superb music they are making and not of this "game" ...

I bought myself Wasteland 2 for christmas ... always wanted to play it.

tex-0775
12-25-2016, 10:36 AM
@hold
Holy crap, and I thought I was unlucky.

Anyway, for reasons we all know, I've been close to leaving a couple of times, but chosen to hang on, giving devs the benefit of doubt. And while waiting for something good to come (naive...I know) my playing is reduced to playing troopers only and only on the cheaper stages (4 SoT). What I win is vendor thrash anyway and this way I can get it over and done with. The "fantastic" Xmas event made me open a second account to try to find out/remember why I've been playing in the first place, and to my surprise, it's still addictive, so maybe the problem is that there's absolutely nothing in this if you are and endgame player and even worse if you have been finished for a couple of months (not talking PvP, since I don't have access)

Cheers all, happy holidays

tex-0775

PsychoEddie
12-25-2016, 03:56 PM
I am going to have to call BS on this one. Random means a chaotic and unpredictable turn of events. Rare soul in a random world = the same likelihood that a 3* allied soldier is drawn as a 5* Allied General could be drawn. This of course is bullshit.

Of course, because then that would be predictable thus violating your own statement above about this.

Your very bad relationship with formal logic and reasoning rears its incredibly ugly head each and every time you type two sentences together that contradict each other.

FlyingV
12-25-2016, 07:42 PM
What are the odds to get the Pyro sentinel and the Demon sentinel in the rare souls as well as via the two legendary souls? ... They are no bad characters ... but no way legendary (and btw it was my second green Soulless Demon from a Legendary soul).

On the Christmas souls I had two Dester Golems (gunner) in a row ... what are the odds for that?

Odds for pyro as a legendary pull? Intentional or bugged, I'd say fucking 1 in 3 based on my shitty experience and those of others.

I just cashed a legendary soul moments ago... 4* Magus golden son. This is the fucking problem that last conversation I recall, devs chose to remain ignorant about.

it was brought up that an average/POS 2*-3* character (hell, even a good one for that matter) dressed up in 4* is not a legendary character. Apparently they had a difference in opinion on that issue.

FlyingV
12-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Of course, because then that would be predictable thus violating your own statement above about this.

Your very bad relationship with formal logic and reasoning rears its incredibly ugly head each and every time you type two sentences together that contradict each other.

Since you insist on continue with the personal attacks without even a shred of discussion to back your assertion, which has remained unchecked, here is the your long- overdue Moderation:

The last time you and I butted heads directly about such issues of logic, everbody else in the thread called you out for the idiocy you attempt to pass off as thought. As usual, you highlight words, offer a snide remark and show no actual thought as to how you arrived at the conclusion, likely because of the very reasonable fear that everybody will then read how absurd, deficient and empty your thinking is and hurt your little ego once more.

I called you out once to put up or shut up. You pussed out stating it was not your job to explain your bullishit (yet it somehow is your calling in life to be a petty shit on this forum). Since myself and a handful of others made a fool out of you, I have noticed you have followed me and others around, spewing more snide shit out of the side of your head because you are sore that people on the internet who don't know what a loser you are in real life still have your number. It "says quite a bit about the person's life" when his pastime is to talk shit thread after thread about stangers who disagreed with him and then made a fool of him for pressing the issue on one thread.

I let the veiled ones go over the past few weeks. Not this time. You have proven what a miserable little person you are in real life over your incessant crusade to try to belittle others on the internet where it would otherwise get you fired from your shitty low-skills job or get your ass kicked. The problem is the only thing you have here for muscle besides attitude is your thought process, and you lack the intellectual ability to argue effectively with an 8 year old.

You can spew any rebuttal you wish but it's over. I/we have your number. Go ahead and FULLY explain how my formal logic and reasoning in this thread is so flawed. (Uh... it's not my job <Snide bullshit>, blah blah). Yeah, fuck you. You are a coward and a loser on the internet just as you are in real life, and no matter what retort you produce in feigned amusement, you and I know that this is true and it burns you to the core that you can't even conceal ypur shitty personality in the anonymity of cyberspace.

So, chose between the "mask of wounded and confused by this diatribe" or "smug and cavalier". the only presentation we know you won't produce is actual discussion, because tht would prove you're an imbecile.

PsychoEddie
12-25-2016, 08:49 PM
You pussed out.....explain your bullishit....don't know what a loser you are in real life....talk shit .....what a miserable little person you are in real life....get your ass kicked....Yeah, fuck you...You are a coward and a loser...your shitty personality...you're an imbecile.

Hey flyingvg, and I'm being helpful, you really should consider how you keep treating forum members and LOTB people here, the profanity-laced attacks and such, because it's a pattern of this ongoing issue with you that paints this type picture each and every time you behave like that:

Nicko
12-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Random means a chaotic and unpredictable turn of events. Rare soul in a random world = the same likelihood that a 3* allied soldier is drawn as a 5* Allied General could be drawn.

Looks like he captured the definition pretty accurately; with each sentence a paraphrase of the definitions listed here

FlyingV
12-25-2016, 09:17 PM
Hey flyingvg, and I'm being helpful...

Ahh, "wounded victim" mask it is then

My attacks may be profanity-laced but they focus on the issues and "I show my work" thought process for those to (dis)agree as they see fit.

You attacks are personal, lack any thought, and are usually reduced to a poster's quote with snide remark, AKA trolling. The difference is clear.

Keep what you think is trying to be "helpful" to yourself. The difference between you and me is that I take very little stock in my internet persona due to the one I carry in real life. The internet toughguy memes only bother those who can only attempt to play one on the internet, nobody else... and it is telling about your thought process that you'd think it would bother me.

So, now that I gave you a gift for christmas (finally responded to your incessant trolling), you can deliver in kind with "actual help" for all:

Do not respond to my posts, which have nothing to do with you, particularly since you lack the aptitude for discussion. Do not quote what I or others write and add some idiotic comment. If you disagree, then disagree to yourself, or (attempt to) articulate why that post may be disagreeable. Above all, keep your idiotic personal commentary to yourself.

aur0ra85
12-26-2016, 04:14 AM
I managed to evolved a talisman to level 50 today without paying, which was great. Haven't evolved one in a couple months. Progress I'm telling you.

Arcturus
12-26-2016, 06:05 AM
OK, ignoring all the vitriol, I'd just like to state that while FlyingV has correctly defined "random", I don't think anyone familiar with this games (or games in general) think we're using the word random literally. Of course the odds of getting a specific character are weighted, but that doesn't mean it's not random.

Think of it as rolling a D20. You need to roll a 20 to get a Corrupt General, but you can get a green soldier on a 1-3, or a PDK on a 9 or 10. It's still random, but you're far more likely to get some characters than others. That's a why some are rare and some are dupes. This system (particularly the weightings) is obnoxious and frustrating, but it's not a bug.

It especially sucks they'd haven't figured out Sacrifice, as that could ease a lot of the annoyance of this issue.

I'll also say that it must suck coming to this game with the mindset of a collector, since the content is so well suited for collectors but the game was just not developed with that in mind.

I guess my point is that I understand a lot of the frustrating (quite a bit for good reason) but I'd like a little less bitching about the RNG.