PDA

View Full Version : (Speculation thread) What do you think Eternity Eddie will look like?

Hypnos
12-21-2016, 12:18 AM
I've been doing some light research and haven't found any likely source of where they might be basing "Eternity Eddie" off of.

First thing that came to mind was From Here to Eternity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity_(Iron_Maiden_song)
If you look at the three single covers on the right of the page, two show the band playing with fire around them, the other is a picture of the devil.

Then I checked If Eternity Should Fail which wasn't released as a single so has no cover art that I know of. I wondered for a bit if the eddie on the book of souls cover would be a suitable candidate. Then I realised that it would make more sense for that eddie to be called Mayan eddie and eternity eddie just wouldn't fit.

Finally there's From Fear to Eternity which does in fact have an eddie, but looks exactly like carriage rider eddie. Not sure how they would pull that one off!

What do you guys think? Is there a cover art from a live performance I haven't seen or have I gone way over my head?

Aristo4
12-21-2016, 12:32 AM
Maybe there are hints on this in the infamous LotB concept artbook :cool:

konstifik
12-21-2016, 06:39 AM
Was there any official artwork that they based Viking Eddie on? Feels like they migh be starting to move away from the official artworks and just come up with their own.

vgta99
12-21-2016, 06:46 AM
Eternity Eddie: :rolleyes:

FilipMurray
12-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Maybe it will be Shaman from The Book Of Souls!
:)

Atheist
12-21-2016, 01:06 PM
At least let's hope he will be NOT as speed of light Eddie with Orange/Red colours (as Storm Eddie is Like SoL in purple pallette)

Aristo4
12-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Was there any official artwork that they based Viking Eddie on? Feels like they migh be starting to move away from the official artworks and just come up with their own.

Yep, its from a official event t-shirt.

mjmxiii
12-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Here's my guess... I read somewhere that Eternity Ed is a combo of all the Eddies throughout time so it would make sense that he would be wearing Holy Smokes jacket, what looks like a piece of Cyborgs head gear, is mummified and holds the Troopers flag.

Hypnos
12-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Here's my guess... I read somewhere that Eternity Ed is a combo of all the Eddies throughout time so it would make sense that he would be wearing Holy Smokes jacket, what looks like a piece of Cyborgs head gear, is mummified and holds the Troopers flag.

I think so, I just remembered seeing this some time ago but couldn't find it.