PDA

View Full Version : Game Update - December 21st 2016 + Christmas Event!

Sparton_LOTB
12-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Who’s ready for some presents for you and coal for your enemies?

Christmas Event Live!

Starting now, a limited time Christmas Event has started! Limited time only characters are available in all souls, including Coalgiver Eddie!

Check out more on the Christmas Event here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4578).

Check out more on Coalgiver Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4579).

Character Tuning

PVP Beta Changes

Energy recharge rate has changed to 1/30 minutes (down from 1/45 minutes)
The amount of points you get from matches has changed; the minimum is now 10 points (up from 6), along with some other adjustments in point calculation based on relative rank
The auto-refresh time has changed to 3 hours (up from 1 hour)

The PVP is still in a Beta state for the time being, as we gather people’s feedback and slowly expand to stress test the system. For discussions and more information on the feature, we encourage players to visit the PVP Discussions subforum (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?42-PVP-Discussion).

BillLion
12-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Who’s ready for some presents for you and coal for your enemies?

Christmas Event Live!

Starting now, a limited time Christmas Event has started! Limited time only characters are available in all souls, including Coalgiver Eddie!

Check out more on the Christmas Event here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4578).

Check out more on Coalgiver Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4579).

Character Tuning

PVP Beta Changes

Energy recharge rate has changed to 1/30 minutes (down from 1/45 minutes)
The amount of points you get from matches has changed; the minimum is now 10 points (up from 6), along with some other adjustments in point calculation based on relative rank

The PVP is still in a Beta state for the time being, as we gather people’s feedback and slowly expand to stress test the system. For discussions and more information on the feature, we encourage players to visit the PVP Discussions subforum (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?42-PVP-Discussion).

Hi Sparton, nice changes to PVP. Thank you.

Eagleknight
12-21-2016, 09:27 PM
While I love the idea of new characters I hate selling 5* characters to get them. The character space needs to be addressed.

Nicko
12-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Uh oh - expect to see some Cyborgs popping up in PvP!

hold
12-21-2016, 09:37 PM
I see ...The Xmas Special is "buy more souls" or the next dangling carrot ... There is probably no chance to get information about the odds...

Hypnos
12-21-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty disappointing considering we've had very little communication so you could focus on this extremely underwhelming update.

slauki
12-21-2016, 09:55 PM
my refresh timer for pvp shows 2hours and 43 minutes now? does this work as planned or is it a bug? i liked the 60 minutes refresh rates.

best thing about this update are the PVP changes, thank you for listening to us. but i have to say, that the rest is somewhat diappointing, and the characters are somewhat meh....possessed snowman and wickerdeers ?don't think that this fits into the iron maiden theme.
not my taste at least but new characters are always appreciated in some way...

Sparton_LOTB
12-21-2016, 09:59 PM
my refresh timer for pvp shows 2hours and 43 minutes now? does this work as planned or is it a bug? i liked the 60 minutes refresh rates.

Oh, my bad, the auto-refresh changing to once every 3 hours is also a change.

You still have the ability to refresh for free if you've had that list for at least 30 minutes.

Ringe666-7406
12-21-2016, 10:21 PM

You still have the ability to refresh for free if you've had that list for at least 30 minutes.

It would be really nice to put a restriction on revenges. Meaning: you attack me, i revenge, and that's it... you can't take revenge on my revenge... Infinite loop is created here, and I cannot play different peeps 'cause of taking revenge and retaking my points from 5 same guys... I might sound like butthurt, but I just want to test my team against other various teams. Thanks a lot Sparton

Sparton_LOTB
12-21-2016, 10:30 PM
It would be really nice to put a restriction on revenges. Meaning: you attack me, i revenge, and that's it... you can't take revenge on my revenge... Infinite loop is created here, and I cannot play different peeps 'cause of taking revenge and retaking my points from 5 same guys... I might sound like butthurt, but I just want to test my team against other various teams. Thanks a lot Sparton

Yeah, this is something we're investigating, but not something we can do with a server push of data/content. We don't want to make it so someone can indiscriminately attack whoever and be hard to punish, but obviously the infinite back and forth is not where we expected players to want to spend all of their Sands of War.

All I can say is... be careful who you attack, and who you revenge. Some people are far more likely to revenge you than others...

Ringe666-7406
12-21-2016, 10:36 PM
Yeah, this is something we're investigating, but not something we can do with a server push of data/content. We don't want to make it so someone can indiscriminately attack whoever and be hard to punish, but obviously the infinite back and forth is not where we expected players to want to spend all of their Sands of War.

All I can say is... be careful who you attack, and who you revenge. Some people are far more likely to revenge you than others...

Yeah, thanks Sparton, I noticed that already... Can list you at least 5-6 names :D

XcarecroW
12-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Again another big shit, which part of we dont have enough slots you devs dont understand? Fix that fucking thing before releasing more chars, or your only intention is to make us open the souls that we have and sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. The priority is more slots and sacrifice, i still cant understand which kind of noob devs you are that you dont know how to add more slots without fucking anything else. This is incredible.

Nicko
12-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Yeah, thanks Sparton, I noticed that already... Can list you at least 5-6 names :D

Really? I can't think of any...;)

Esquatcho
12-21-2016, 11:09 PM
Where is Kaijester with his Trump 'make cyborg great again' meme!?!? He'll be happy I dare say!

Spent 6 Xmas souls and got 1 the gunner cheering reindeer. Kinda happy, but he's not the most awesome of toons. Also got a warrior droid and sentinel warrior, so cant complain too much with new toons! Wish I got the snowman or Xmas Eddie though....

compurocker
12-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Again another big shit, which part of we dont have enough slots you devs dont understand? Fix that fucking thing before releasing more chars, or your only intention is to make us open the souls that we have and sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. The priority is more slots and sacrifice, i still cant understand which kind of noob devs you are that you dont know how to add more slots without fucking anything else. This is incredible.

I wish they had never mentioned Sacrifice. I mean, I'm looking forward to getting more value from my dupe characters, but seriously. If we didn't know Sacrifice was coming, we wouldn't be hoarding useless dupes, and we'd have plenty of open slots. There aren't 125 good characters in this game. And if our dupes are all 5 star, they're only so because we wanted to earn the Achievement. No reason to keep them on our rosters in lieu of new characters.

BillLion
12-21-2016, 11:13 PM
I think the best parts of this update are the ones involving PVP which unfortunately many players don't have access to.

I think a lot of the disappointment being expressed (or felt) is with a Christmas event many of us were hoping for a bit more than some new characters. I guess I had imagined something like the Halloween event with a time-limited location where there was some new content, we could see the new characters in action, and we could earn some ironite to buy some of these new Christmas souls. For me, I burned the ironite I had buying three Christmas souls. I got all disappointing dupes of old characters. So unless I spend the "event" was over in moments. Feels kind of flat. Maybe a larger event was planned but something went wrong?

Not sure, but I look forward to the 2017 updates.

XcarecroW
12-21-2016, 11:24 PM
I wish they had never mentioned Sacrifice. I mean, I'm looking forward to getting more value from my dupe characters, but seriously. If we didn't know Sacrifice was coming, we wouldn't be hoarding useless dupes, and we'd have plenty of open slots. There aren't 125 good characters in this game. And if our dupes are all 5 star, they're only so because we wanted to earn the Achievement. No reason to keep them on our rosters in lieu of new characters.

They mentioned sacrifice because the slot problem has been there since many months. Even if you want to keep at least one of each char of the game you cant, because are more chars than slots, isnt this funny? And they keep designing and adding chars that they have made from scratch and they dont even know how to add more slots because the game is fucked because of the code. And its me who decide if my chars are good or not, not you. Dont you see how they keep wanting us to spend money and they dont add anything useful? Wicker deers? Seriously?

Kaijester
12-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Where is Kaijester with his Trump 'make cyborg great again' meme!?!? He'll be happy I dare say!

Spent 6 Xmas souls and got 1 the gunner cheering reindeer. Kinda happy, but he's not the most awesome of toons. Also got a warrior droid and sentinel warrior, so cant complain too much with new toons! Wish I got the snowman or Xmas Eddie though....

Need to test it before I claim that Cyborg Eddie is great again...just like how we need to see American is doing hereon.

Well thanks LOTB for the update nonetheless.

slauki
12-21-2016, 11:31 PM

okay, fair solution, thank you. it would be nice if you could remove the buff-loss when using refresh, since we will need that more often now.
what i can tell for now is that the PVP releated changes seem to be way more fair than the last conditions. but we have to see how this will develop in the future.

Witkacy
12-21-2016, 11:33 PM

Hi Sparton :)

That's cool advice if you say so... Yet certain people seem to excessively using the advantage they seem to be having far too often... I might be careful yet it happens that I am not in a position to fight back sometimes... I appreciate the new update - yet truly - how do I suppose to repel certain enemies? With possessed snowman? :D

I am not gonna play in this soul game of yours now for a while I am sorry, I might be interested while the RNG would be fairly improved, otherwise it has no sense really... To sell duplicates and so toons completely not useful - at least for me (which I did during the last event) to get another duplicates and even more not useful toons in this event?

Please start your players more serious than just walking wallets, ok?

It would be nice if you could address some words here while you find the time:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4562-Sparton-could-you-explain-this-please

Thanks and cheers,

W

MrFreeze
12-22-2016, 12:22 AM
Long before they even called it sacrifice this was brought up. The following is copied from an old post stickied in the guides section. Posted by Lamia on 7-3-16. It's not a new concept for them.

"Quote Originally Posted by GaiusVagor

I have several Wickerdog Kings, but would only ever be able to use two of them at a time. Are the extras good for anything other than gold?"

Lamia's response
"Currently you can only sell extra characters for gold, however in a future update we will be making duplicate characters much more worthwhile. So perhaps for your more valuable extras (4 and 5 stars, say) you might want to see if you can maintain enough space to keep them around."

AmBush-UK
12-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Lamia's response
"Currently you can only sell extra characters for gold, however in a future update we will be making duplicate characters much more worthwhile. So perhaps for your more valuable extras (4 and 5 stars, say) you might want to see if you can maintain enough space to keep them around."

I'm not a robot

Nicko
12-22-2016, 01:55 AM
After seeing the nature of the update I knew the gripes would be coming. Expectations high - and then not met. Definitely understand them.

Sparton, Many of us love this game and think you guys are definitely taking it in a good direction based on the PvP experience so far.

There is a saying, however - "Inform before you perform". People don't like surprises. I think if you would have said "we have a minor new character update coming" instead of "year end update" people would be taking it a lot better. There would have been no expectations that this was THE update that would bring sacrifice or new content. Would people have griped when you announced a character update? Of course - people like to complain and are also eagerly awaiting the new features - but at least then no one would have been disappointed when the day arrived. No rising expectations dashed.

I think a GENERAL time for major features such as full PvP, Sacrifice, and BNW would also go a long way in keeping the natives from becoming restless.

As such, I ended up with a snowman, a reindeer and my Christmas "almost". I heard Bruce scream - I see a Troll! Finally! My Christmas wish!

It was an Assassin Troll:(. Oh well - just thankful for my Viking!

Looking forward to 2017 and thanks for a fun (but darn addictive) game!

Nicko
12-22-2016, 02:06 AM
okay, fair solution, thank you. it would be nice if you could remove the buff-loss when using refresh, since we will need that more often now.

PLEASE remove the buff loss

Cause now there is an extremely long refresh - and there are certain players I've attacked so many times I'm purposefully avoiding so it doesn't look personal;). But the only alternative then is to wait it out...three hours?

Guess it will free up some of my time :D

slauki
12-22-2016, 02:22 AM

Cause now there is an extremely long refresh - and there are certain players I've attacked so many times I'm purposefully avoiding so it doesn't look personal;). But the only alternative then is to wait it out...three hours?

the bad thing is, that i lost my buffs after three hours automaticly, when the list changed...not sure if that should work that way. but it's a little pointless to try to buff your team up, since it takes 10 fights, and lose it all again...
it would be great if that could be swapped again.

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 03:27 AM

Nicko :)

Real PROS like you guys don't even need the buffs to win me thinks :p

Cheers,

W

Lord Schmeb
12-22-2016, 03:52 AM
L
O
L

*says I need more than 10 characters in order to post -- so here they are: nice year end surprise... I've taken dumps that were more creative, less frustrating, and infinitely more entertaining than this drivel. Naturally, like any good junkie who is hooked through the bag, I wasted 100 good ironite on three souls. Thank goodness I have the space to store all three of those Undead Guardians, or whatever the shit they're called, because sacrifice is coming soon! Oh, wait... Oh well, at least I didn't get burned on the last event too. Er, I mean the last two events... um, three events.

On the PLUS side though, I AM losing 20-30 SoT per refill to server crashes, which really takes the sting out of getting ass raped (with no lube, reach around, or cigarette) by the RnG every time I drop any type of Rare Soul into its unforgiving maw.

Off topic -- does anyone besides me simply scroll right past any/all posts by Witkacy? Turrible. Just turrible.

PsychoEddie
12-22-2016, 04:00 AM
There is a saying, however - "Inform before you perform". People don't like surprises.

Shhhh.....don't spoil christmas for everyone by letting them know that everyone dislikes surprises and the whole wrapped presents things only pisses people off and then they'll go on xmas forums and whine and cry and complain about the surprise presents :)

PsychoEddie
12-22-2016, 04:23 AM
Off topic -- does anyone besides me simply scroll right past any/all posts by Witkacy? Turrible. Just turrible.

Witkacy doesn't mean to be that way so I do read them and they're valuable to me. I work with people with serious behavioral and emotional issues and it's no picnic for them to be having those sorts of compulsive uncontrollable behaviors in thoughts and writing. They just can't stop themselves from doing it. Clients I've worked with that have that sort of issue and are seeking a change from that have the same thing going on in the inside even worse....they're never fully happy and a destructive narrative repeatedly goes on that just doesn't stop about what's wrong with almost everything and much of it they dump out on people they associate with and if those people won't listen anymore then forums can become a useful outlet.

I'd like to see him keep posting.

Ubajoa
12-22-2016, 04:28 AM
I'm so disappointed, frustrated, unenthusiastic, bored about this event that I can't figure it out to express how deeply sorry I feel. So I'm gonna use an urban adjective that most of latinamericans know "CHIMBO".

This is the most chimbo christmas event I've ever knew. No new content, no new dungeon, no new levels, no pvp (just a few people are enjoying it), just more characters and no room to save them. Most christmas events in almost every videogame is about giving something, oh forget videogames christmas is about share something and I mean something, it could be minimal but something, 10 ironite or a new 3* character for everyone that's a gift. But you are just pushing us to waste money in the game. The nodding frog company wants more money it's OK but give us a reason to spend money in the game.

zamasu
12-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Just one thing left to say.
They take advantage of us players because we continue to support bullshit updates like this. Hit these people where it hurts the most! Don't spend a fucking dime when we only get shitty updates like this.
This was a big FUCK YOU to all the loyal players of the game. Devs once again said FUCK YOU to all of us with this update....

There... is all out. Thank you :)

BeachPlease
12-22-2016, 06:14 AM

No I don't. I like the way he greets the person he is referring to, and he has a pet called Smokie. Just pretty cool

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 06:45 AM
There is a saying, however - "Inform before you perform". People don't like surprises. I think if you would have said "we have a minor new character update coming" instead of "year end update" people would be taking it a lot better. There would have been no expectations that this was THE update that would bring sacrifice or new content. Would people have griped when you announced a character update? Of course - people like to complain and are also eagerly awaiting the new features - but at least then no one would have been disappointed when the day arrived. No rising expectations dashed.

Yeah, I think a lot of people on the team feel that springing events like this delight more than disappoint... and I dunno, we do see a lot of people excited for these kinds of events in various channels and when we look at activity in various features. I understand where you guys are coming from, though. I can see if being a bit more open to the kind of event is something that we can adopt going forward, but communication and promotion stuff is usually planned and executed primarily from people above me (involving the band to some degree), so that's a bit above what I can influence directly.

I think a GENERAL time for major features such as full PvP, Sacrifice, and BNW would also go a long way in keeping the natives from becoming restless.

If we knew the timelines for those kinds of features with a great deal of certainty, we would definitely communicate that, but game development for a live operable game is a fickle beast... and especially for PVP, where we want to take time to mold with a smaller audience before releasing it to everyone. Right now, we have a general window of within the first few months of 2017 for the full PVP release, but I think that's all I can share at this time.

(Which isn't to say we're not working on those other features in parallel... there are some people who can't work full time on PVP changes/improvements, skill fixes, etc which are making progress on things like Brave New World dungeons. The priority is still PVP, though.)

the bad thing is, that i lost my buffs after three hours automaticly, when the list changed...not sure if that should work that way. but it's a little pointless to try to buff your team up, since it takes 10 fights, and lose it all again...
it would be great if that could be swapped again.

We do want you to purposefully decide between trying to maintain your win streak and being selective of your targets, though. You need to take the risk of fighting dangerous/retaliatory opponents if you want to maintain the strongest stat bonus edge.

That said, we also want to spend a lot of time during this beta trying out different approaches to this and other aspects (like the few changes we did at the start of this Christmas event), so definitely do keep the feedback coming and expect us to be trying all kinds of variations on values and things like this to help get it to the most engaging and fun form of base PVP we can have.

Kamuz24z
12-22-2016, 07:17 AM
For a mobile game it's a great game 4 out 5 stars happy holidays to all of you players

FlyingV
12-22-2016, 07:51 AM
I wish they had never mentioned Sacrifice. I mean, I'm looking forward to getting more value from my dupe characters, but seriously. If we didn't know Sacrifice was coming, we wouldn't be hoarding useless dupes, and we'd have plenty of open slots.

Not necessarily true. I worked on levelling everything I had Pokemon style, from sandworms to meatheads to ox things. The understanding was more slots would be expanded (later they found some issues expanding). I wanted to collect and level everything and now I have 50+ over-invested/never used characters that can't be sold due to the shit exchange rate for what was invested (that and the achievements goal).

blade685
12-22-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm so disappointed, frustrated, unenthusiastic, bored about this event that I can't figure it out to express how deeply sorry I feel. So I'm gonna use an urban adjective that most of latinamericans know "CHIMBO".

This is the most chimbo christmas event I've ever knew. No new content, no new dungeon, no new levels, no pvp (just a few people are enjoying it), just more characters and no room to save them. Most christmas events in almost every videogame is about giving something, oh forget videogames christmas is about share something and I mean something, it could be minimal but something, 10 ironite or a new 3* character for everyone that's a gift. But you are just pushing us to waste money in the game. The nodding frog company wants more money it's OK but give us a reason to spend money in the game.

totally agree with that, many players will leave your game dev, end game players have nothing to do and to win.....

hold
12-22-2016, 08:30 AM
... Right now, we have a general window of within the first few months of 2017 for the full PVP release ...

This quote on its own makes me cringe ... I am certainly not doing another "few month" of mindless grinding even if I can sneak once in a while with my VPN into Arena (doesn't work all the time)

II am repeating myself but I still can't find any explanation why "put on thing in - get another thing out" is not adressed as this is clearly far easier than PVP. The engine is there - it's basically the Book of Souls again. There you put one thing in and 99% of the time get somthin very frustrating out. If sacrifice works like that it means you put a duplicate Mummy Eddie in that you pushed to 4* 80 you'll get 2 normal souls in return.

It is also very clear that the majority is not very happy about the RNG odds. To fix this it has nothing to do with further developing the game. It's a tweak. The truth is that somebody within the company does not want this. The term "walking wallets" was used here before and it is quite fitting. Instead of adressing the things people are complaining about Nodding Frog continues to dangle carrots in front of the donkeys in hope they spend more money. And selling th Xmas soul for 100!!! Ironite. Can't be like 20 because it's Xmas ... NO WAY ... has to be more expensive than the normal thing.

Every update feels for me more and more as an insult that Nodding Frog really thinks we are that stupid and spend money without thinking because an Eddie has a funny santa hat on.

For Xmas I think a buy myself a nice and real RPG like Wasteland 2 that I wanted to play forever and never had time to do. That is money well spent according to the reviews. But this game is becoming - I repeat myself - an insult to the fans of Iron Maiden.

Heavy1974
12-22-2016, 08:51 AM
I was very excited yesterday when the news about a new update came in, shortly afterwards i was a little bit
disappointed - again.
when rumors came up about a christmas "event" i expected sth like the Halloween event. Just a little location with extra
rewards to grind showcasing a snowy background battleing Evil Snowmen or sth like that.

Now we just have some funny characters we can achieve (like them though), but- is this relly all for christmas ?

Or do you have an ace up your sleeve ? I, and i think many, many others, would like some new content, stages areas
or dungeouns, to lay their eyes on.

With PVP as main priority still far away i guess boredom will get to all Endgame-Players.
Wouldn`t it be easier to focus on Brave new world to open first and PVP beta running
behind the backs of the majority ? Or open PVP to more players. At least for those who have played
through everything and have at least Level 70 or 80 or even 100 ?

Make LOTB interesting again, please.

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 08:59 AM
II am repeating myself but I still can't find any explanation why "put on thing in - get another thing out" is not adressed as this is clearly far easier than PVP. The engine is there - it's basically the Book of Souls again. There you put one thing in and 99% of the time get somthin very frustrating out. If sacrifice works like that it means you put a duplicate Mummy Eddie in that you pushed to 4* 80 you'll get 2 normal souls in return.

There's no way you and others would be happy with something that doled out loot in the same way we already do... we wouldn't be solving the problem, we'd just be giving you more rolls to complain about. The other extreme (hand picking inputs with outputs) would be rife with the opportunity for manual error on our end, making some combinations not work, or better/worse than intended... and then the problem of needing to maintain all such data combinations with every piece of data introduced, which introduces way more overhead with creating new characters, talismans, or even kinds of items, which slows the development of everything moving forward. The area in between those two extremes - bucketing characters and items and governing general rules so that people feel like they can put something of value in and get something else of value they can appreciate - that may seem like it's just more Book of Souls, but figuring out those rules, figuring out what's appropriate to give, and making it so the system expands naturally as we add more content into the game is the real challenge, and is not something that can be added into the game in a fortnight.

Obviously delaying and putting in a bit more time isn't going to solve world hunger or get everyone to finally just admit that Metal is the best musical genre in the world (even though it is), but we're not interested in releasing a cop-out answer that is just better than selling for gold. It's a deceptively complex feature to deliver on in a way that will work for our game in the long run, and in a way that is accessible and understandable.

hold
12-22-2016, 09:06 AM
... and then the problem of needing to maintain all such data combinations with every piece of data introduced, which introduces way more overhead with creating new characters, talismans, or even kinds of items, which slows the development of everything moving forward...

OK, so why do you pump out new dangling carrots (new characters) every two weeks if it slows down everything else?

And that still does not answer the terrible RNG problem. Your answer contradicts itself in a way and is like throwing a smoke bomb to cover up for some stuff that Nodding Frog doesn't want to talk about (bad RNG / Xmas souls for 100) - or somebody is not allowed to talk about.

There's no way you and others would be happy with something that doled out loot in the same way we already do...

Is this admitting that you know RNG is terrible? Or is that a hint that Nodding Frog thinks they are giving out enough loot?

i thought i would wait a bit and open some souls when the event comes out. right now i opened 45 green souls 43 rare souls and 16 christmas souls and 2 legend souls.
i got 1 5* character - magus dog king, completely useless not to mention my 2nd one. never used the first one either.
rest all dupes. or useless christmas dogs. i ended up selling 90 of them. let me say that again .. 90 sold and out of over a 100 souls i get 1 5* dog. absolutely horrible.
i thoguht i d get the red troll at least cause he is a 4* ... but no.
sometimes i think your system knows what characters the player wants and never gives it to them. it just seems rigged.
i have spent some money in the past - like 150 bucks + or so. this time around i did nt i just accumulated a lot over time. and good thing i did nt spend any money - just look at the results. lol
i m so pissed that i m laughing.
i know you guys are working hard but this is such a mindless cash grab system. this entire system of chance is just making fools of your userbase.
you lost a paying customer - you aint getting a single penny from me.
merry christmas

blade685
12-22-2016, 09:20 AM
you must change prices on store, actually it's totally insane and not worth it!
309.99€ for 7 souls are you serious??? lol
it's a joke?
never see that and for that no content game.....
your on the moon, come back to earth seriously....
The real value for that is perhaps 2 €...

hold
12-22-2016, 09:23 AM
you must change prices on store, actually it's totally insane and not worth it!
309.99€ for 7 souls are you serious??? lol
it's a joke?
never see that and for that no content game.....
your on the moon, come back to earth seriously....
The real value for that is perhaps 2 €...

Read Sparton's last answer and it will become very clear that nothing will change. You see it from a fan point of view and they want as much of your money as possible. That's why they are introducing more and more characters in a very short time even if that slows everything down.

SamFisher3000
12-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Hey Sparton!

Can you guys consider putting together a quick update for an achievement about opening 10 Christmas souls and redeeming the Coalgiver. I think people who spend money on this game before Christmas when they already spent their on loved ones deserve at least that Eddie for "free". Those who already have him could get one for Sacrifice as well... it's Christmas time they won't be mad about others being happy.

Happy Holidays!

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
OK, so why do you pump out new dangling carrots (new characters) every two weeks if it slows down everything else?

Because the main people involved with getting PVP, Brave New World, Sacrifice, etc are not the same people that are the primary drivers of getting new characters out, and if we had nothing between Lord of Light and the PVP Beta/full release we'd have even less players than we do now. That helps no one but nihilists.

And that still does not answer the terrible RNG problem. [...] Is this admitting that you know RNG is terrible? Or is that a hint that Nodding Frog thinks they are giving out enough loot?

There are still many lose ends I want to improve and tweak relating to loot drops and introducing features that better smooth out the wide variety the drop system has, but realistically, what people want and what's actually there is closer than what some people realize. For example, on the subject of talisman, the general consensus was that it takes too long, that maxing out a character and their talismans should take a week, or less... but when I crunched the numbers, I found that on average that was possible... and when some players did, that's what they found too, roughly a day per talisman.

Obviously, I still thing there's things we can do in the short term, and I've been working on something for that subject specifically... but the primary focus for me and many others is still the refinement and eventual release of PVP, because that's where we feel the best impact will be in both the short and long term.

hold
12-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Your answer feels again a bit "beating around the bush" but ...

... eventual release of PVP, because that's where we feel the best impact will be in both the short and long term.

And the best of luck for that. But I personally am not willing to stay around for another "few months" (your words for releasing PvP) just in hope things get better because Nodding Frog promised to do so.

Merry Christmas

I'm off this forum because I need a break.

P.S: 100 for an "Xmas" soul still feels that someone pissed in my face and expects me to say "thank you" - anyway best of luck to all the players that bought one.

Kardas
12-22-2016, 09:49 AM
I'm mildly disappointed that the Christmas event is just a watered down BNW event. Even if there was an Xmas level which was FotD but with everything in white (and a shot at fighting Coalgiver Eddie), I think people might be a bit happier. As for Talismans you could do some Talismans that aren't in-game for some time now (such as Warp, Rush or Crystal Talis) Coalgiver looks interesting and the artwork is fantastic as always though, so I'll definitely try and get him. I'm pretty happy with Nodding Frog's response though in the wake of the Viking Eddie patch, so I'm a bit more hopeful about the game than before.

While PVP isn't my cup of tea, I think I agree that it would be a benefit for the community. Helps forming a core of dedicated metagamers.

A small gift of 100 Ironite could have been a nice add to the Christmas event. Would give people a shot at at least one Christmas Soul, or at least the decision to save it for later.

Also, seeing all this repurposed Wicker stuff is making me wonder why there's never been a Corrupt Wolf Cultist. Do you know anything about that Sparton?

Vertax616
12-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Hello Sparton thanks for the event! Even though I am a little disappointed that there is no new location like Halloween Event, the new characters seems nice! I got Possessed Snowman from a normal soul. So can you buff this guy's stats a little bit? They are low even on high levels. I really want to use him so even a little adjustment would be great. I would appreciate if you consider this wish :D.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for every player and developer!

Eagleknight
12-22-2016, 09:59 AM
One of the main issues with this game is space. Character space, and material space. Pvp is fun. New charters are nice. But what is the point when you can't get the new characters with out selling 5* characters. We can't save runes for that particular tailisman becaue I have to use them or sell them due to space issues.

A note on rare souls. The only way we had to combat the horrible rng was to open allot of souls but y'all took that away from us. Unless you buy souls they are almost non existent. This
Would be ok if the rng was not so bad. But as it is it's terrible.

I am a collector and as a collector I want one of every toon. I can never accomplish this in this game because I have no way of getting enough character slots.

I'm not stating things that would take forever to fix. Change the count on runes and such to
999. Space is by stacks right? Change the character slots to equal the number of available charater. This would by y'all time to get sacrifice the way you want it. The rng on rare souls may be hard to fix I don't know but you can give us back the ability to earn them.

I do like the new characters. And I appreciate the work y'all do. It's just that waiting until some time next year for space makes me want to take a really long break.

MrFreeze
12-22-2016, 11:46 AM
"Because the main people involved with getting PVP, Brave New World, Sacrifice, etc are not the same people that are the primary drivers of getting new characters out, and if we had nothing between Lord of Light and the PVP Beta/full release we'd have even less players than we do now. That helps no one but nihilists."

This is either a staffing issue or incompetence. Management should have solved this problem by now. The players and the game are suffering because of it. You obviously know this because your admitting the player base is down. It's only going to get worse if you guys continue down this path.

Chaosego888
12-22-2016, 12:48 PM
I agree with Eagleknight. It would be easier to accept the wait for making sacrifice right if we could just get more character slots. There should definitely be more slots than available characters for the people who want one of everything. Can you give us some kind of estimate of how long this is going to take?

XcarecroW
12-22-2016, 01:19 PM
As always Sparton talking nonsense shit, if you dont have enough people to code hire more, greedy bitches. So i can understand that you only working on pvp, so no sacrifice or new content soon. If your servers, computers, etc cant handle that we can have more slots, upgrade your shit. I am tired of your bullshit sparton and company, you are not listening the customers, and you will fail miserably. The hope that you would do better than roadhouse was just a mirage, you go for the same way.

BillLion
12-22-2016, 01:50 PM
As always Sparton talking nonsense shit, if you dont have enough people to code hire more, greedy bitches. So i can understand that you only working on pvp, so no sacrifice or new content soon. If your servers, computers, etc cant handle that we can have more slots, upgrade your shit. I am tired of your bullshit sparton and company, you are not listening the customers, and you will fail miserably. The hope that you would do better than roadhouse was just a mirage, you go for the same way.

Dude, take it easy. I understand you're frustrated, but these are people not robots. It is possible to express disappointment to people without eviscerating them. Do you regularly speak to people like this?

Ian
12-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Seems to be the general attitude of some gamers these days that they expect developers to do more and more, whilst complaining about the price. I mean, how can you hire more people or buy new equipment with less money coming in?

I wonder how many complainers in here would like it if their boss told them to work 4 extra hours each day and they were having their salary cut too.

This is not to say their aren't some very frustrating issues with the game, but discussion should remain civil, not about wishing bad on people.

RobG-9641
12-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Trying to buy talisman upgrade pack in store with ironite. Getting failed purchase not enough ironite message when I have plenty. Anyone else getting this after this update?

XcarecroW
12-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Dude, take it easy. I understand you're frustrated, but these are people not robots. It is possible to express disappointment to people without eviscerating them. Do you regularly speak to people like this?

No, lol, but you see 80% people or more here complaining and he just only answers what he wants, evading to talk about what everyone is complaining. He is always saying that they dont have enough people to go faster, but they are making people paying so much for content that is not useful. How many complains have you read about that we need more slots or sacrifice? And they keep releasing chars and anything new. Is that a serious company? A company that not hire new people and wants to progress? I bet there are many many coders than can perform better than the noobs that they have in the office. Seriously, what excuse is the: we cant increase the number of slot chars because then the code is fucked up, or we dont want to increase them because then would be and excess of work in the servers? Whaaat? Upgrade your servers and your bandwith, whatever it takes. I talk like this with people that asume that we are dumb and want to trick us and take our money. They see the problems and they dont want to fix them. They only think that what they do is the right thing. It is because is an Iron Maiden game and i love them, i would have quit much time before because of this. Im sorry if someone gets offended, but the truth is out there and you can see it.

Seems to be the general attitude of some gamers these days that they expect developers to do more and more, whilst complaining about the price. I mean, how can you hire more people or buy new equipment with less money coming in?

I wonder how many complainers in here would like it if their boss told them to work 4 extra hours each day and they were having their salary cut too.

This is not to say their aren't some very frustrating issues with the game, but discussion should remain civil, not about wishing bad on people.

If they were worried about fixing the stuff that customers are testing, and saying that is wrong, they would have more income and more money. Do you know about bussiness? You know that you have to invest to get profit?

maxdeviations
12-22-2016, 02:07 PM
i do not agree with scarecrow s language but i totally agree with his statement. nagging frog has become a money grubbing roadhouse rip-off. no content, no event, no pvp to regular people, no sacrifice, not even a damn christmas event like we got for halloween. it took them so long to make up a couple christmas dogs ? is there only one programmer working on this game ?
dont even get me started on the RNG. i opened more than 100 rare souls yesterday and a couple legendary souls and got 1 5* character. that too was a duplicate magus dog king. almost no new characters except for 2 3* christmas dogs. total shyte.
so my probability of getting a 5* character was less than 1% ............LESS THAN 1%
and you guys expect money for this ?
what a F'n scam

Vertax616
12-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Totally agree with you Billion. Such a bad way to criticize...

XcarecroW
12-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Totally agree with you Billion. Such a bad way to criticize...
They dont give a fuck about any criticism or advice, so why would i care? And this is a forum and i give my opinion, like it or not. Just read the last threads about this "christmas event" and you will see what people think.

Vertax616
12-22-2016, 04:06 PM
They dont give a fuck about any criticism or advice, so why would i care? And this is a forum and i give my opinion, like it or not. Just read the last threads about this "christmas event" and you will see what people think.

My comment was not about what your post says or your opinion. It was about the way you say it, that's what I don't like. You don't keep it civil.

Otaviano
12-22-2016, 04:21 PM
I think the best parts of this update are the ones involving PVP which unfortunately many players don't have access to.

I think a lot of the disappointment being expressed (or felt) is with a Christmas event many of us were hoping for a bit more than some new characters. I guess I had imagined something like the Halloween event with a time-limited location where there was some new content, we could see the new characters in action, and we could earn some ironite to buy some of these new Christmas souls. For me, I burned the ironite I had buying three Christmas souls. I got all disappointing dupes of old characters. So unless I spend the "event" was over in moments. Feels kind of flat. Maybe a larger event was planned but something went wrong?

Not sure, but I look forward to the 2017 updates.

I agree with you, I mean, Ive being save ironetes and I could buy 20 christmas souls, and I didnt recive any new caracter and only one 5 star , my fourth pharaoh king dog.... incredble, I only recive this caracter... until now Ive being played since the begining, and all that I got was this 4 and others 3 five stars ... only 7 caracters .... Sorry I was really frustrade yesterday with this.... I´m really like this game, with all the bugs we pass trought, but why so rare this caracters ? this is a game... not a lottery .... come on guys .. you can do better !!! Ive seen , Ive played.... soo make it easier... not impossible....
Thanks for this space, and for read all this...
Have wonderfull Christmas !!!

Hypnos
12-22-2016, 04:55 PM

dude you are so right, it is a forum! But if you want to give your opinion on this forum, you have to obey the rules, like it or not.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Arcturus
12-22-2016, 05:08 PM

dude you are so right, it is a forum! But if you want to give your opinion on this forum, you have to obey the rules, like it or not.

This is all true. XcarecroW, I guarantee, if you delete this app right now and never come back to these forums, your life will be happier.

That really goes for everybody (and to anything causing you stress), but most of us are masochists.

XcarecroW
12-22-2016, 05:23 PM

Man, you are totally right. Anyway i am done posting in this forum, it is already dead. You can see how these last months people havent post anything useful, only slauki did it with his big compilation of maxed chars. And the majority of the posts are people complaining again and again about the same stuff, bugs, more slots, nerfing, thousand of char dupes, the drop rate, etc. We have been trying to help the devs giving advices about how to make a better game, testing a game (mostly a beta), telling them what to fix, etc. And in the end for what? For nothing, the devs keep telling that we are gonna do this and that, bla bla bla bla, but they are joking at our face update after update, trying to make us spend a money that they dont deserve.
I am out.

Nicko
12-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Because the main people involved with getting PVP, Brave New World, Sacrifice, etc are not the same people that are the primary drivers of getting new characters out, and if we had nothing between Lord of Light and the PVP Beta/full release we'd have even less players than we do now. That helps no one but nihilists.

There are still many lose ends I want to improve and tweak relating to loot drops and introducing features that better smooth out the wide variety the drop system has, but realistically, what people want and what's actually there is closer than what some people realize. For example, on the subject of talisman, the general consensus was that it takes too long, that maxing out a character and their talismans should take a week, or less... but when I crunched the numbers, I found that on average that was possible... and when some players did, that's what they found too, roughly a day per talisman.

Obviously, I still thing there's things we can do in the short term, and I've been working on something for that subject specifically... but the primary focus for me and many others is still the refinement and eventual release of PVP, because that's where we feel the best impact will be in both the short and long term.

Really helpful posts - much appreciated!

PsychoEddie
12-22-2016, 06:14 PM
That said, we also want to spend a lot of time during this beta trying out different approaches to this and other aspects (like the few changes we did at the start of this Christmas event), so definitely do keep the feedback coming and expect us to be trying all kinds of variations on values and things like this to help get it to the most engaging and fun form of base PVP we can have.

It is very much appreciated Sparton and you all take your time on it, getting it tweaked and tested well before release.

There's more to life than video games, as you know, so make sure your holiday is spent as a happy one and take a day or two off from the forum.

You and the rest of the team are very appreciated, thanks, and Happy Holidays! :)

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Witkacy doesn't mean to be that way so I do read them and they're valuable to me. I work with people with serious behavioral and emotional issues and it's no picnic for them to be having those sorts of compulsive uncontrollable behaviors in thoughts and writing. They just can't stop themselves from doing it. Clients I've worked with that have that sort of issue and are seeking a change from that have the same thing going on in the inside even worse....they're never fully happy and a destructive narrative repeatedly goes on that just doesn't stop about what's wrong with almost everything and much of it they dump out on people they associate with and if those people won't listen anymore then forums can become a useful outlet.

I'd like to see him keep posting.

PsychoEddie :)

It's not so much that, it's more about that some people here perceive that adjustments, even minor ones, are worth spending hours writing long essays about how those changes have huge and detrimental impacts on their lives overall....to a melodramatic extreme and in fact they often invade positive talk/threads to try to derail the reasonable and rational people from having useful and productive conversations about the game. That's pretty darned sad....

Please tell me how do you find your above post pointed PERSONALLY at me? it's being more useful or productive regarding the game? I am not gonna get provoked and answer you the same way using abusive hints... I am not especially willing to do word fight with you... Certainly you would bring me to the ground and beat me with experience with writting low comments on people... I see that you just can't stand still not to kick somebody in the teeth... And how was it? Feel better? You boosted your self confidence enough? It's funny of you writing compulsive behaviours... It must be professional bias I guess...

Merry Christmas to you as well :)

Cheers,

W

BillLion
12-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Doesn't reading this thread make you think of this song?

https://youtu.be/V9BZDpni56Y

Yeah, me neither ;)

Ian
12-22-2016, 07:33 PM
If they were worried about fixing the stuff that customers are testing, and saying that is wrong, they would have more income and more money. Do you know about bussiness? You know that you have to invest to get profit?

I know quite well about running a business, as I run 2, with combined annual revenues of over £25 million, and of course investment and meeting customer needs is very important, however so is operating efficiently and knowing what to prioritise with limited resources. Investment is only undertaken when there is a projected return, otherwise it is called throwing money away. None of us as players can know what the situation is there. I have heard the same things about upgrading servers etc in almost every large online game I've been involved in. If only it was that simple...

I don't believe that the developers are purposely avoiding increasing character slots, it is in their interests to do so, otherwise people stop buying souls. I do believe that they have a tough job - which they might find easier if they listened to the community in a few areas, but as we can see in some posts (not necessarily this thread), sometimes the community is not always right, or sensible.

Hellrider
12-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Right now, we have a general window of within the first few months of 2017 for the full PVP release, but I think that's all I can share at this time.

By the time PvP is released, people that have access to the beta will be waaaay ahead of rest of us in know-how and awards. Am I the only one who thinks that's not fair ?

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Also, seeing all this repurposed Wicker stuff is making me wonder why there's never been a Corrupt Wolf Cultist. Do you know anything about that Sparton?

I know there was something like a Gunner Corrupt Owl Cultist model somewhere in the files, but it looked... awful, so I think that's why they never went forward with it.

Weirdly enough, I'm not sure why there's no Corrupt Wolf Cutlist. Not sure if they cut it early for time reasons, or if the basic Wolf Cultist was a late addition, or what.

I'm not stating things that would take forever to fix. Change the count on runes and such to
999. Space is by stacks right? Change the character slots to equal the number of available charater. This would by y'all time to get sacrifice the way you want it. The rng on rare souls may be hard to fix I don't know but you can give us back the ability to earn them.

I do like the new characters. And I appreciate the work y'all do. It's just that waiting until some time next year for space makes me want to take a really long break.

I agree with Eagleknight. It would be easier to accept the wait for making sacrifice right if we could just get more character slots. There should definitely be more slots than available characters for the people who want one of everything. Can you give us some kind of estimate of how long this is going to take?

We figured the 25 additional character slots would give players enough room for a bit longer, but since it hasn't, we're investigating what we can do to help expand this further in the short term. I won't have an estimate until the work needed is actually appraised, though.

I'm also not sure what (if any) limitations there may be to increasing stack quantities for shards and runes, and will look into that.

Trying to buy talisman upgrade pack in store with ironite. Getting failed purchase not enough ironite message when I have plenty. Anyone else getting this after this update?

Did you happen to just recently get the Ironite needed for the purchase? It seems like there's a bug where the counter at the top which indicates your balance may not be counted for the sake of purchase costs until you return to the HUB and then go back in. Let me know if that works.

Also, me at the team appreciate the understanding many of you have as we work out these kinks and improve the game. Your feedback is instrumental in helping us prioritize and course correct to keep making the game better, so thanks again for sticking with us!

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 07:48 PM
By the time PvP is released, people that have access to the beta will be waaaay ahead of rest of us in know-how and awards. Am I the only one who thinks that's not fair ?

There is things like ironite rewards that they'll have gotten for participating, but the leaderboards naturally compress points at the end of each week to make it so even newer players have a chance to catch up. Depending on how extreme the points are, we may do one full reset to bring everyone to default points around when PVP goes full release, but that'll depend on how we settle on the values which compress points at the weekly reset (right now the compression is a bit extreme, but in a later update we want to tune it so people keep more of their points from week to week to make it easier to climb back into the top divisions).

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 07:58 PM
There is things like ironite rewards that they'll have gotten for participating...

Sparton :)

Sad to say but I didn't given any (nor even popup) despite gaining 1484 points last week... I wonder how will it be next - now just play a little bit less as there's Christmas ahead...

Cheers,

W

Monte47
12-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Did the Freeze ability get changed so that it only freezes two opponents at a time? Also, I thought my CR Eddie was nerfed because of the skill shard bug on autoplay, but his abilities are hitting about 10,000 below what they were before the last update. Any insight?

PsychoEddie
12-22-2016, 08:23 PM
PsychoEddie :)

Please tell me how do you find your above post pointed PERSONALLY at me?

It wasn't.

What you did was copy part of text from a post a week ago about no one in particular and insert it with my post from today acting as if they're from the same post and portraying it as being about you.

Very lame and easy for everyone to factually see what the deception you tried while making up a strawman argument.

Merry Xmas :)

Hellrider
12-22-2016, 08:34 PM
There is things like ironite rewards that they'll have gotten for participating, but the leaderboards naturally compress points at the end of each week to make it so even newer players have a chance to catch up. Depending on how extreme the points are, we may do one full reset to bring everyone to default points around when PVP goes full release, but that'll depend on how we settle on the values which compress points at the weekly reset (right now the compression is a bit extreme, but in a later update we want to tune it so people keep more of their points from week to week to make it easier to climb back into the top divisions).

Hi Sparton,
Thanks for the reply but I was talking about know-how (maybe I will learn everything in 1 week but I bet beta testers will be at the top of the leaderboard once it's released) and rewards (Skillshards and Legendary Souls gotten now from Arena Store)

Hellrider
12-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Did the Freeze ability get changed so that it only freezes two opponents at a time? Also, I thought my CR Eddie was nerfed because of the skill shard bug on autoplay, but his abilities are hitting about 10,000 below what they were before the last update. Any insight?

It's changed so freeze chance is calculated and freeze applied per opponent instead of all opponents at once.

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 09:01 PM
It wasn't.

What you did was copy part of text from a post a week ago about no one in particular and insert it with my post from today acting as if they're from the same post and portraying it as being about you.

Very lame and easy for everyone to factually see what the deception you tried while making up a strawman argument.

Merry Xmas :)

Very poor explanation in the circumstances... If it wasn't supposed to be personal - so why all your explains? Not better came to your head? I was refferring to your LAST post with my name in it - so it hard to believe it wasn't personal attack on me and your earlier post pasted purposedly you to answer me - yet you don't know how to answer: either your LAST comment being more productive or useful? Simply pathetic... Because EVERYBODY who will be reading this clearly will spot that it's neither productive neither useful... So do me a favour, please? Just find yourself another object to poke if you can't stand still...

We done.

Cheers,

W

Cheers,

W

PsychoEddie
12-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Very poor explanation in the circumstances... If it wasn't supposed to be personal - so why all your explains? Not better came to your head? I was refferring to your LAST post with my name in it - so it hard to believe it wasn't personal attack on me and your earlier post pasted purposedly you to answer me - yet you don't know how to answer: either your LAST comment being more productive or useful? Simply pathetic... Because EVERYBODY who will be reading this clearly will spot that it's neither productive neither useful... So do me a favour, please? Just find yourself another object to poke if you can't stand still...

We done.

Cheers,

W

Cheers,

W

Exactly, people will see the above post exactly how you say they will. You are absolutely correct.

Well perceived :)

Chaosego888
12-22-2016, 09:26 PM
I know there was something like a Gunner Corrupt Owl Cultist model somewhere in the files, but it looked... awful, so I think that's why they never went forward with it.

Weirdly enough, I'm not sure why there's no Corrupt Wolf Cutlist. Not sure if they cut it early for time reasons, or if the basic Wolf Cultist was a late addition, or what.

We figured the 25 additional character slots would give players enough room for a bit longer, but since it hasn't, we're investigating what we can do to help expand this further in the short term. I won't have an estimate until the work needed is actually appraised, though.

I'm also not sure what (if any) limitations there may be to increasing stack quantities for shards and runes, and will look into that.

Did you happen to just recently get the Ironite needed for the purchase? It seems like there's a bug where the counter at the top which indicates your balance may not be counted for the sake of purchase costs until you return to the HUB and then go back in. Let me know if that works.

Also, me at the team appreciate the understanding many of you have as we work out these kinks and improve the game. Your feedback is instrumental in helping us prioritize and course correct to keep making the game better, so thanks again for sticking with us!

Thanks for the response and I have also wondered why no Corrupt Wolf Cultist... That needs to happen... Also since there is more and more Gunner & Assasin characters coming out, is that soul ever going to get seperated & priced the same as the others? That would make the quest for the Cyborg Eddie a lot more realistic.

Ancient Mariner
12-22-2016, 09:33 PM
When i saw the prizes to buy x-mas souls packs i honestly laughed xD

Reading that 300 € strikethrough and the actual prize lowered down to 99€ was almost a joke if you ask me xD
If that's actually how much they are worth, then please let me sell my 52 rare souls i can't open, i guess i can earn up to 500 € :D

Prizes are seriously crazy, (especially for what you got from those packs) but in the end the point is always the same: until there's someone spending those money...

Sparton_LOTB
12-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the response and I have also wondered why no Corrupt Wolf Cultist... That needs to happen...

Yeah, because as far as I know we don't have a 3D model for him rotting away in some digital folder, I don't think it'd happen some day soon, but maybe. Maybe even some other Ailing Kingdom-themed cultists, too.

Also since there is more and more Gunner & Assasin characters coming out, is that soul ever going to get seperated & priced the same as the others? That would make the quest for the Cyborg Eddie a lot more realistic.

It's intended that Gunners and Assassins are a fair bit rarer and harder to achieve than the three main classes, but over time we will add more ways to get Gunner and Assassins, like what we have with the Christmas Soul.

Shifter
12-22-2016, 09:51 PM
I'll gently add my disappointment to this update to go along with all the others.

Fix the RNG! 200 plus (not common) souls dropped and I have yet to get an Eddie from anyone of the events, sorry no more money from me.

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 10:17 PM
Congratulations PsychoEddie of becoming 1st person (and hope last) that I put on my ignore list...

The function works ok in case of anybody asking...

Cheers,

W

Hypnos
12-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Congratulations PsychoEddie of becoming 1st person (and hope last) that I put on my ignore list...

The function works ok in case of anybody asking...

Cheers,

W

Can we stop now, please?

Witkacy
12-22-2016, 10:58 PM
Can we stop now, please?

Hypnos :)

Of course I CAN - I would like to apologize everyone who found those posts unconvenient - yet I wasn't the one who started those personal remarks addressed straight to me... Once more I apologize sincerely...

Cheers,

W

mjmxiii
12-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Wow seems like folks are fighting mad over this winter debacle... Yeah my expectations were a lot higher for the event too but I still went in and bought stuff. Got some of the new toons, Red Nose and Frosty and some of the BNW chars too.. The update is disappointing and I know it's not perfect but it's still my favorite game at the moment and I'll still support the team and hope for more features to launch sooner rather than later. We're only on month 6-7 of this games release? Still in the infant stages (hopefully) and the game has the potential to become something great but it's hard though, to read that PvP is testing but still no where near a full scale release, to know that there is a part of the LotB team that seem to be falling short on getting some new levels done, a sacrifice system that seems more like a pipe dream every time it's mentioned. Scary to think this game is more fragile than any of us might realize. That is not good to read coming from you Sparton, because if anyone has a clue where this game is at behind closed doors it is gonna be safe to bet on you. Makes me wonder if the game is doing that well in the overall financial scheme of business. I was expecting more for the Halloween event because of the dark nature of the game but I was shocked that we didn't get any love from Nodding Frog, it being the time of giving and all that jolly merry bullshit. Is it not Christmas time in that part of the world or are we supposed to be the "Timmy" (God bless us, everyone!) in the Iron Maiden version of A Christmas Carol? How cool would it have been if the game just had a prompt reading something like, "Merry Xmas from Iron Maiden ya Bloody Wankers!, Here's a Coalsmoker Eddie for your pleasure, bitches!" :D when you went back in after the last update? Would have been such an easy way for the band to show mad love for all the true die hard Maiden fans out here! Instead it kinda feels more like a kick to the pants from Nodding Frog but I guess like everything else, it's on sale at this time of the year and harder to find than any other toy! Anyway, love the game overall! Cheers for all the work that you folks do especially as it gets harder to exceed our expectations!

!!UPPING THE IRON COINS!!

RobG-9641
12-23-2016, 02:18 AM
Sparton: still getting ironite error message in the shop. My ironite is all earned in game and have had it for a while. Submitted an in game help request.

Chaosego888
12-23-2016, 04:18 AM
Yeah, because as far as I know we don't have a 3D model for him rotting away in some digital folder, I don't think it'd happen some day soon, but maybe. Maybe even some other Ailing Kingdom-themed cultists, too.

It's intended that Gunners and Assassins are a fair bit rarer and harder to achieve than the three main classes, but over time we will add more ways to get Gunner and Assassins, like what we have with the Christmas Soul.

Fair enough. I do like the idea of the occasional soul that contains all 5 classes. Maybe the 5 star Eddies could be a little more frequent so we who open a lot would have a greater chance of attaining them

Eagleknight
12-23-2016, 06:34 AM
Here is an idea. How about an Eddie only soul.

Chaosego888
12-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Here is an idea. How about an Eddie only soul.

In my opinion that should be the Legendary soul. Eddie is truly the only Legendary character in the game. There's lots of Awesome allies but none Legendary. Maybe you can throw the Corrupt General. A Legendary character should at least have their own special move. Maybe give the Nomad, Wicker Man, Alliance General and the Prisoner their own special move and throw them in as well. At least limit it to Eddies and Bosses.

Demoonchild
12-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Personally I dont like the idea of an "Eddie Soul"... I dont want to get a dupe of Holy Smoke Eddie, Wickerman Eddie, Soldier, SOL, Mummy or RTTH.
We need a soul that ensures a NON-Dupe character, starting on 4*.....

blade685
12-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Personally I dont like the idea of an "Eddie Soul"... I dont want to get a dupe of Holy Smoke Eddie, Wickerman Eddie, Soldier, SOL, Mummy or RTTH.
We need a soul that ensures a NON-Dupe character, starting on 4*.....
Yes!we are all bored with dupe characters!

slauki
12-23-2016, 07:19 PM
suggestion: add some rare g/a souls in the PVP shop please for maybe 400 coins?
and yeah, demoonchild is right a non duoe soul would be great.

EDIT: assassin shields doesn't drop anymore

possible new bug: the seal ability from the prisoner cannot be removed from green soldier, for some reason. and the green soldier hits really weak, is this intended? 3x 200 seems too weak, even for a healer...

osiris0000
12-23-2016, 07:24 PM

Exactly! We need them here +1

FlyingV
12-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Yes!we are all bored with dupe characters!

A "rare soul" as many of us see it is a "native" 4* or 5* character... Not a leveled 3* or a 2* I received in the case of a redundant 4* wickerman Eddie.

Sadly, whether Eddie, 4*+ native or 4-5* Eddie, we will be plagued with dupes and denied those elusive ones due to the lack of additional characters (fine for now) and the RNG.

the things that really need to happen are these:

- no more junk souls passed off as legendary

- soulcrusher feature that crams 10 souls to form a rare/10 rares to form a legendary.

normal souls are a useless hinderance past L20-30. It would be different if there was a 9% chance of a 3* and a 1% chance of a legendary, but it's a 90% chance of shit with a 10% chance of 3* vend trash shit. Frankly, the RNG indicates that rare souls are near-useless shit past level 50-60.

Nicko
12-23-2016, 07:55 PM

possible new bug: the seal ability from the prisoner cannot be removed from green soldier, for some reason. and the green soldier hits really weak, is this intended? 3x 200 seems too weak, even for a healer...

And Runes for Talismans! And a 2 or 3 per week Skillshard limit!

Other than a Skillshard and a red soul have bought nothing from the shop; want to see how it develops before spending Iron coins

I've asked a couple times in these threads what the plans for the store are (we better not lose these Iron coins when full PvP comes!) but haven't heard from Sparton. I would imagine it's still being finalized but a general idea would be great so we're not just sitting on a stack of coins when we should be spending them (that Legendary Soul is tempting but not buying until I know what's going on)

R1ck
12-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Sparton said something about a reset when PVP comes worldwide. I bought my legendary soul already before I lose my coins.

Nicko
12-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Sparton said something about a reset when PVP comes worldwide. I bought my legendary soul already before I lose my coins.

I don't think that's Iron coins, I think that's rank/points.

Sparton - will you please confirm? If we lose our coins I'm going to stop working so hard on PvP.

Thanks

osiris0000
12-24-2016, 01:04 AM
Just bought 1 Christmas Soul with my poor 100 ironite. Rolled in..

A 3* Magus Allied Soldier! I didn't know he was hanging with Santa Claus... Here is what happened exactly:

mjmxiii
12-24-2016, 05:19 AM
:D That is good stuff right there! Santa rolling with blue cheese, nice!

Sparton_LOTB
12-24-2016, 10:33 PM

Man, I don't get how the heck that problem keeps cropping up. I'll investigate once I'm back in the office next week.

possible new bug: the seal ability from the prisoner cannot be removed from green soldier, for some reason.

This is intended; one of the changes the last tuning patch made is Seal is now non-cleansable.

and the green soldier hits really weak, is this intended? 3x 200 seems too weak, even for a healer...

This is intended; his basic attack has a pretty high-frequency remove beneficials effect. That in conjunction with his massive heal which also cleanses makes him a solid addition in many teams.

I've asked a couple times in these threads what the plans for the store are (we better not lose these Iron coins when full PvP comes!) but haven't heard from Sparton. I would imagine it's still being finalized but a general idea would be great so we're not just sitting on a stack of coins when we should be spending them (that Legendary Soul is tempting but not buying until I know what's going on)

We do eventually plan on adding fragments of Eternity Souls, which is the soul which can earn you Eternity Eddie (along with some other characters which won't be obtainable anywhere else). That said, most things will still be limited to once a week or once a month, so if you have a massive cache of coins... I would recommend spending a bit!

I don't think that's Iron coins, I think that's rank/points.

Sparton - will you please confirm? If we lose our coins I'm going to stop working so hard on PvP.

We may reset the VP everyone has beyond what a weekly reset does before worldwide, but you will keep Iron Coins, ironite, and items earned playing PVP.

Kaijester
12-24-2016, 10:49 PM
Sparton, the legendary soul disappeared from the Arena Store after purchase, instead of having a countdown. Is that intended?

Kaijester
12-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Is the first prize in Arena for rank 1 player only or first 4 players within 2500points?

The reward page highlighted me at Eternal rank but my statistic shows King 1 rank.

Nicko
12-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Is the first prize in Arena for rank 1 player only or first 4 players within 2500points?

The reward page highlighted me at Eternal rank but my statistic shows King 1 rank

I was wondering the same thing

Nicko
12-24-2016, 11:42 PM
We do eventually plan on adding fragments of Eternity Souls, which is the soul which can earn you Eternity Eddie (along with some other characters which won't be obtainable anywhere else). That said, most things will still be limited to once a week or once a month, so if you have a massive cache of coins... I would recommend spending a bit!

We may reset the VP everyone has beyond what a weekly reset does before worldwide, but you will keep Iron Coins, ironite, and items earned playing PVP.

Thanks for the response!

I bought the skillshard and red soul and will buy the legendary - no need for green or blue souls, but even if I bought them, any competitive player is going to have WAY more coins than they could possibly spend.

I could stop playing PvP now and have enough coins to buy everything in the shop for over five weeks!

Are you going to be adjusting for that? Otherwise doesn't make sense getting coins as you can't spend them; may as well just beef up the rewards

Kaz_LOTB
12-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the response!

I bought the skillshard and red soul and will buy the legendary - no need for green or blue souls, but even if I bought them, any competitive player is going to have WAY more coins than they could possibly spend.

I could stop playing PvP now and have enough coins to buy everything in the shop for over five weeks!

Are you going to be adjusting for that? Otherwise doesn't make sense getting coins as you can't spend them; may as well just beef up the rewards

Eternity Soul Fragments will be quite expensive and you should have plenty reason to buy them on a regular basis. Other than that we have plans for other things that you can eventually purchase with Iron Coins, such as global stat and defense upgrades, but the work for that is a bit further out and not yet solidified.

Ideally, with fragments, you should have plenty to spend your coins on for a while. The ultimate goal is to give you meaningful choices in the shop each week, so you can spend or save up for whatever you need.

-Kaz

Nicko
12-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Eternity Soul Fragments will be quite expensive and you should have plenty reason to buy them on a regular basis. Other than that we have plans for other things that you can eventually purchase with Iron Coins, such as global stat and defense upgrades, but the work for that is a bit further out and not yet solidified.

Ideally, with fragments, you should have plenty to spend your coins on for a while. The ultimate goal is to give you meaningful choices in the shop each week, so you can spend or save up for whatever you need.

-Kaz

Thanks Kaz!

Nicko
12-25-2016, 12:27 AM
As I know developers look at this thread, it was mentioned in the PvP bugs thread the weekly rewards for PvP did not reset - if we bought something last week (ex skillshard or soul) we are still locked out of purchasing another

slauki
12-25-2016, 12:55 AM
thanks for answering sparton

The reward page highlighted me at Eternal rank but my statistic shows King 1 rank.

I was wondering the same thing

can you guys tell us about the rewards you got, would be crucial for planning the next weeks. from my perspective player 1-4 should be eternal, that's how the sheet is constructed imo....

congrats anyway, great job :-)

Kaijester
12-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Only Rank 1 player gets the Eternal rank prizes.

slauki
12-25-2016, 02:05 AM
Only Rank 1 player gets the Eternal rank prizes.

ouch, that's ugly , sorry to hear. glad i didn't started the hunt, since this was very misleading IMO. i expected all players from 1-4 to be eternal, even i can see reasons from dev's perspective to make some special rewards solely for nr.1 player. i would really make this more transparent.

R1ck
12-25-2016, 06:41 AM
In reward tab, first prize says for 2500 points and rank #1

slauki
12-25-2016, 10:08 AM
In reward tab, first prize says for 2500 points and rank #1

you are rightt, but if we take a look at the reward tab, eternal start at rank#1. Many read it in that way(including myself) that the next rank starts with rank #5. So the places in between (1-4) would give you the eternal rewards.

But when i take a look at it now i see my flaw. For reaching King I status you need AT LEAST rank 5 or above and AT least 2300 points and above. So i guess it was a classic case of wishfull thinking :)

CanyptianFit
12-25-2016, 08:41 PM
So the one thing I wanted today was a red troll. So I bought 4 red rare souls at the trooper store and prayed. Today as I opened my souls my XMAS gift was granted, on the second soul I heard Bruce's scream and low and behold The Troll! Still in shock.

Thank you RNG for finally granting me my precious. My precious!

Now I just need the runes to upgrade the damn thing. I'm really heavy red now as I've got the bat, the Nomad, the hellhound and the wicker man.

Hope you all had a jolly XMAS. Did I say still in shock? WOW.

Canyptianfit-2758

Kaijester
12-25-2016, 11:12 PM
Spent on 20 xmas souls and a dozen warrior souls but no luck with Coalgiver Eddie. Sigh maybe see him next xmas.

BillLion
12-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Spent on 20 xmas souls and a dozen warrior souls but no luck with Coalgiver Eddie. Sigh maybe see him next xmas.

I haven't had any luck either despite lots of tries.

Maybe those whose names are on his list should all get one ;)

Kaijester
12-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Anyone facing issues with exiting achievement screen? Mine will always freeze and the rewards are gone and not added to my account when forced closes amd relogin.

Reported this to support but I've lose two days of achievement ironites...

Sigh.

Nicko
12-26-2016, 01:28 AM

I got a third Viking Eddie today with twenty Christmas souls. They must have really jacked up the drop rate

Eagleknight
12-26-2016, 02:58 AM
Anyone facing issues with exiting achievement screen? Mine will always freeze and the rewards are gone and not added to my account when forced closes amd relogin.

Reported this to support but I've lose two days of achievement ironites...

Sigh.

I haven't been able to collect achievements for almost a month. I reported it but still not fixed.

maxdeviations
12-26-2016, 03:03 AM
I got a third Viking Eddie today with twenty Christmas souls. They must have really jacked up the drop rate

i dont think they jacked up the rate. it looks like certain people have affinity to certain characters.
this would explain why those people get the same multiple rare characters and others never seem to get them. the RNG is totally broken.
As someone else mentioned - its totally not random. RIGGED number generation.
Also explains why the refresh in PVP always shows up the same people while i have never seen some others on the list.
sometimes i feel this entire game is still in beta testing

RCarter
12-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Cracked 40 Rares, 2 Legendary, and 2 rare G/As and got my third CR, 2nd FotD, and a shit ton of other dupes. Only new toons were a red Pyro, and a snowman.

Got another rare doing the secret locations, and got my 2nd PDK.

Tough to stay excited about things...

Arcturus
12-26-2016, 06:10 AM
Bought my third Christmas soul the other day (not entirely sure why, since I don't particularly need any of the new characters), and pulled a WARRIOR TROLL. Beyond excited.

Sparton_LOTB
12-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Sparton, the legendary soul disappeared from the Arena Store after purchase, instead of having a countdown. Is that intended?

Proooobably not? I'm guessing it's set to the wrong kind of "once a month" presentation.

The dot is supposed to be an "&" symbol; you need to meet or be better than both thresholds if both are listed, so it's intended that Eternal is only for people who are rank 1. Rank 2-5 (if they meet the VP thresholds) will get the next division.

FilipMurray
12-26-2016, 07:32 AM
And here I am again with problem @loading screen... I am stucked at 75% and can't enter the game! :( This is the second time this month.

Kaijester
12-26-2016, 10:33 AM
I haven't been able to collect achievements for almost a month. I reported it but still not fixed.

Ouchie...did my achievement icon changed back to challenge icon? Tried switching devices, re-installing but nothing work. I need this daily source of ironites...anyway it happened after I completed Spend Sand of Times IV.

Kaijester
12-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Event ends on 26th Dec? 12 days of Xmas, extend it? Me no luck for Coalgiver Eddie...

FilipMurray
12-26-2016, 11:33 AM
X-Mas souls will be finished at 26th December... you will be still able to get it through regular Rare Souls and Red Warrior souls 'till 4th January.

BillLion
12-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Event ends on 26th Dec? 12 days of Xmas, extend it? Me no luck for Coalgiver Eddie...

Hang in there buddy. I pulled one from a warrior rare soul just now.

Nicko
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM

I'd rather have a Cyborg or a Troll ;)

Aristo4
12-26-2016, 03:35 PM
I'd rather have a Cyborg or a Troll ;)

Cyborg is dead nowadays, and the troll is overrated :cool:

Kaijester
12-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Cyborg is useless in Arena.

Nicko
12-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Cyborg is useless in Arena.

I would imagine he falls pretty quickly. But he still looks cool as f~ck!

BillLion
12-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Cyborg is dead nowadays, and the troll is overrated :cool:

Was Cyborg not improved with the buffs in the latest update?

Aristo4
12-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Was Cyborg not improved with the buffs in the latest update?

My dear friend Bill, the key element in my post is the ':cool:' :p

BillLion
12-26-2016, 06:46 PM
My dear friend Bill, the key element in my post is the ':cool:' :p

I'm ever the student of subtlety and tongue-in-cheek comments ;)

Rodrigo-3281
12-26-2016, 08:14 PM
And here I am again with problem @loading screen... I am stucked at 75% and can't enter the game! :( This is the second time this month.

Same issue here. At least I was able to get Coalgiver Eddie 2x via Xmas souls but now I'm unable to play the game. First time this has happened to me.

blade685
12-26-2016, 09:05 PM
loot with souls are always shit?

Mizrael
12-27-2016, 01:46 PM

i haven't had this issue for few months now. this morning i played without any problems but now im also stuck at 75% loading. must be that fix they did with xmas souls...

UPDATE: Deleted the app,reinstalled,i got in once after the additional content download,but the game was cutting at about 1 fps so i force closed it and now im stuck at 75% again :/

Kaijester
12-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Hang in there buddy. I pulled one from a warrior rare soul just now.

Thanks BillLion! I finally got mine from a warrior soul too.

Caretaker
12-27-2016, 03:57 PM
i haven't had this issue for few months now. this morning i played without any problems but now im also stuck at 75% loading. must be that fix they did with xmas souls...

UPDATE: Deleted the app,reinstalled,i got in once after the additional content download,but the game was cutting at about 1 fps so i force closed it and now im stuck at 75% again :/

Wanted to comment on this earlier but arguing here drowe me away. Now..

What some of you see as 75% loading stop/bug/call it whatever, when my ipad is conected to hotspot via phone I get http client error most of the time. Arronund 1 in 4 attempts I get to wait for cca 10 sec for the start button to appear. So perhaps you should just wait a bit. And amp your data stream somehow during loading.

I see it as some heavy client-server communication on loading, and if my mobile data aren't super going I'd get that httpclientshit, as if server wants my blood :D perhaps loosen some of that communication on loading could work, or make it morenconstant to keep datastream alive. once in the game it's decent, 1 to 4 crashes per day, but I do restart quite often to avoid them.

I'm sure it has to do with internet connection stability check for overall game stability, and it started like three updates ago insanely often like 3/4 if not more, and that's when increased framerate were introduced, though I don't know it has anything to do with that, did we get some more of that recently? just my observation.

On bluestacks and/or when ipad is connected to home wifi I don't get to see that error too often.

Ian
12-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Last 2 times I've had this, I got exactly the same thing. My first action is to report it to support. Not sure if that does much good but who knows. In the meantime I delete app data, uninstall app, restart phone, reinstall app. Wait for game data to download and log back in once the start button appears.

I can then get back into the game which runs *really* slow. Clear any spam about buying souls then go straight to 'my team' and 'sell'. It will take a long time but I try and sell off a few evo runes and shards - anything I had multiple stacks of, so that I have fewer stacks of stuff overall. If I have the patience I might clear out spare talismans and any 1* or 2* junk toons.

Once that is done the game should respond a little quicker but may need a restart. Last time I had to repeat the process twice bit game has been fine since. I also try to avoid building up any large surplus materials.

BillLion
12-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks BillLion! I finally got mine from a warrior soul too.

Fantastic, congrats! He's lots of fun to play with.

Mizrael
12-27-2016, 08:51 PM
@Caretaker- I don't think it's the internet. paradoxly i played in the morning in my doctors waiting room on 3G (a prehistoric thing) and it worked fine. i have a strong wifi at home and my iphone 6 is also quite strong and has lots of free space. and im also patient with waiting for the loading to finish,but if the phone goes black,it means that it's not doing anything anymore...

I think it's what Ian said. i overlooked my evo runes a bit and by my last successful login i noticed loads of 99 stacks! unfortunately as i sold them,the server error message popped up,inventory changes haven't been saved and i got kicked out into the loading screen,which got stuck at 75% again. soooo....uninstalling for the 10th time today it is.

Rodrigo-3281
12-28-2016, 02:29 AM
I reinstalled and I was able to get in and I was doing a great job of SLOWLY selling runes, shards, etc. It then looked like I was in the clear. The game was responsive, fast and normal. But then as I was evolving talismans and powering them up (to continue to clear my inventory) I got a good old client error and my changes weren't saved and I went back to that stupid Facebook window popping up and 75% loading screen.

So I went ahead and reinstalled yet again and the game is once again extremely SLOW and I have no clue what else I need to sell because I thought I pretty much cleared up my inventory. I'm not going to just keep selling stuff or powering talismans, characters, etc. just to do that.

This is beyond frustrating and I have yet to hear from support. I'm glad I just spent the $30 for that Christmas pack since I've been unable to play since then.

Seriously, Sparton is there anything you can say about this?

Mizrael
12-28-2016, 08:47 AM
same here. last night,after selling half of my evo runes, the game got smooth and i could play as normal. this morning it's back to 75% loading...

so basically i only get one go to play and the i have to reinstall to get back in.

Nodding Frog-your turn!

satani
12-28-2016, 12:23 PM
wohoo, just dropped me a snowman of a 2* soul! Lucky me, at least ONE (and also the only good/useable) Character off this christmas event.

Ian
12-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Rodrigo and Mizrael - at one point I was reinstalling every day for about 3 days, and the devs never have answered in detail about his bug, but make sure you have also left a message for support at http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/support/ - give them your in-game name, email, device and operating system with version. I am sure that they do something to fix whatever is wrong with your game account even though I've never actually had a reply. Good luck!

Rodrigo-3281
12-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Thanks Ian. I was eventually able to get it to finally work after reinstalling a couple of more times. It all looks good now. I don't know if it was me fixing it or the devs helping me out.

Heavy1974
01-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Hello Sparton,

seems to be a bit quiet from the dev-team especially regarding news. I must admit, that i get a bit anxious about the future
of the game. quite a few people are leaving and someone even posted sth about bad financials regarding NF.

so : could you give us a heads up about the future of LOTB ? A little timeline or sth to calm worried players down ?

BTW - have a good and healthy 2017

Nicko
01-02-2017, 05:14 PM
someone even posted sth about bad financials regarding NF.

Where was this? What was posted?

And yes - a New Years update from the developers would be a great way to kick off 2017

Leo_ID
01-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Where was this? What was posted?

And yes - a New Years update from the developers would be a great way to kick off 2017

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4636-New-Year-and-two-new-observed-Bugs&p=27984&viewfull=1#post27984

Nicko
01-02-2017, 05:40 PM
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4636-New-Year-and-two-new-observed-Bugs&p=27984&viewfull=1#post27984

Thanks for posting - surprised I missed that

An update seems like it would be even more imperitive after reading that

Leo_ID
01-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Thanks for posting - surprised I missed that

An update seems like it would be even more imperitive after reading that

An update would be great. But even one or two post from dev to respond all the complains and to show that dev do actually care to the players is more than enough.

Well, long holiday probably? :p

slauki
01-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Well, long holiday probably? :p

i guess, since they are also humans who want to celebrate new year and christmas ;) but yeah, i agree, some kind of update would be more than appreciated....

slauki
01-02-2017, 08:44 PM
one suggestion for the devs:

if you implement the daily rewards again, please adjust it for some SOW, some xp-runes or some 3* shards, that would be great.
the gold rewards were really useless, even for starters...

BillLion
01-02-2017, 09:15 PM

if you implement the daily rewards again, please adjust it for some SOW, some xp-runes or some 3* shards, that would be great.

Agree. Would also be good to add a few days and throw a skill shard in as the last prize.

Ringe666-7406
01-02-2017, 09:25 PM

SoW would be unfair to the peeps who still can't play arena...

Sparton_LOTB
01-02-2017, 10:33 PM
i guess, since they are also humans who want to celebrate new year and christmas ;)

Pretty much this, yeah. I know at least one co-worker of mine did go into the office today anyways, mind you, and I was in the office for half of last week preparing some changes for an upcoming server push, but many people were on holidays over the holidays.

I know I want to do some PVP-related posts and a state of affairs post, and was going to do that last week, but the tasks I wanted to accomplish (and switching to a work computer that isn't a pile of junk) took longer than expected.

Regarding the daily rewards, there is indeed a bug that's stopping anyone from getting those right now (unless you started playing in 2017, according to the programmer who looked into it). I don't have an official stance in when and how we're rectifying this, but we will address this as soon as possible.

I've long wanted to mess around with this, but I'm already tossing a few changes above and beyond what the team may be comfortable with for the next server push, so I can't make any promises for the short term.

SoW would be unfair to the peeps who still can't play arena...

This is true, but maybe after the feature is worldwide to everyone.

BillLion
01-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Pretty much this, yeah. I know at least one co-worker of mine did go into the office today anyways, mind you, and I was in the office for half of last week preparing some changes for an upcoming server push, but many people were on holidays over the holidays.

I know I want to do some PVP-related posts and a state of affairs post, and was going to do that last week, but the tasks I wanted to accomplish (and switching to a work computer that isn't a pile of junk) took longer than expected.

Regarding the daily rewards, there is indeed a bug that's stopping anyone from getting those right now (unless you started playing in 2017, according to the programmer who looked into it). I don't have an official stance in when and how we're rectifying this, but we will address this as soon as possible.

I've long wanted to mess around with this, but I'm already tossing a few changes above and beyond what the team may be comfortable with for the next server push, so I can't make any promises for the short term.

This is true, but maybe after the feature is worldwide to everyone.

Thanks for the reply -and Happy New Year!

Shaolin85london
01-03-2017, 03:49 AM
Guys due my English not sure I did read well, but once of links above basically say nodding frog is out of balance, isn't? Does mean we need to be worried about it?

Nicko
01-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Guys due my English not sure I did read well, but once of links above basically say nodding frog is out of balance, isn't? Does mean we need to be worried about it?

Who knows, but those reports are from March 2016. LOTB didn even come out until July and then had to pick up steam.

Maybe Sparton will comment, but saying the company is underwater from examining old reports when it's major product hadn't even been released doesn't make a lot of sense

Then again I'm not a business guy so feel free to question my logic :cool:

For a more positive outlook go here:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4641-New-Content-Timeline

Shaolin85london
01-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Who knows, but those reports are from March 2016. LOTB didn even come out until July and then had to pick up steam.

Maybe Sparton will comment, but saying the company is underwater from examining old reports when it's major product hadn't even been released doesn't make a lot of sense

Then again I'm not a business guy so feel free to question my logic :cool:

Cheers mate, I checked propa by myself and actually there are not clue to suppose a financial crisis from the company. I shared these precious news on the LOTB troopers page on facebook, due last general disappointment and false information about financial asset of the company. Appreciate!

slauki
01-03-2017, 10:00 AM

yeah, numbers are from march 2016. so pretty useless information if you ask me. no need to jump of the rooptop, because they will shut down the game :)

i think this game could be a big hit if they get everything together and iron out the bugs and add the promised content. i'm still very optimistic
for the future of the game.

Shaolin85london
01-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Me too guys, and the year its just started. Up the irons!

BillLion
01-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Hey Sparton, is the update coming today one we should be excited about or just some maintenance stuff? Thanks!

Sparton_LOTB
01-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Hey Sparton, is the update coming today one we should be excited about or just some maintenance stuff? Thanks!

There's a little bit of tuning and improvements; stay tuned!

The Educated fool
01-05-2017, 10:11 PM

#WillTheseWordsDo?