PDA

View Full Version : Suggesting PvP Improvements Thread

Schadenfreud-0217
12-28-2016, 05:45 PM
I've seen a thread about AI and Revenge improvement suggestions. I... suggest we post all the improvement ideas in one thread so as not to create 123436 different ones for each thing on our mind.
I'll start by talking about the 2 aforementioned topics.

#1: AI
There should definitely be some AI improvement. Right now there are good characters that are unusable on auto, because the AI plays them terribly. Also a good AI would give your Defense a much better chance at actually holding.
Here's a few suggestions on how to improve the AI:
1. Give us a menu where we can set the priority of different attacks in different scenarios. Example: Going 1st: Eddie - use past attack; Going 2nd: Health of you or an ally below 60% use Heal; and so on.
2. Don't go as far as to give us a menu, but rather just make those improvements to the AI.

#2: Revenge
The endless revenge cycle must be broken! I remember playing some game in the past where retaliation was a chance for you to recover the points you've lost due to an attack and it wouldn't give your attacker another chance to retaliate against you when you do.
Suggestions:
1. Turn revenge into "retaliate" and make it cost nothing and just be a chance for you to recover the lost points. If you succeed, the attacker doesn't suffer or suffers a 50% point loss of the ones earned from attacking you and you get all of yours back.
2. Break the cycle by not adding attacks triggered from Revenge to the other user's revenge list.

#3: Quick auto-farming
With PvP and PvE being so time-consuming, there should definitely be some sort of faster auto-farming.

I suggest something like the "Quick Combat" option in Heroes III, where when ticked you skip the fight and go straight to the results/rewards.

#4: Defense Testing
1. Allow us to choose who goes first.
2. Possibly allow us to simulate characters and their equipped talismans.

Frost
12-28-2016, 06:03 PM
- Sell rare G/A souls

PS-RagE
12-30-2016, 09:06 PM
My thoughts:

Attacker always goes first
Revenger always goes second
Reward for "Flawless Victory" (i.e. wipe out opposing team on first strike)
Reward for full health at end of match
Sands of War refill if you win all ten battles

Caretaker
01-10-2017, 08:50 PM
:cool:

After 3 days of arena...

Does any of us think we are the future of Legacy? Us meaning endgame players, old players, call it whatever. Some of us will be arround but generaly I don't think so. Future of the game are players who don't even know yet it exists. So far the arena is for us. But let's say you've just begun. Evolving to 3*, dying to be 4*, remember those days in August?

After it is all done, I would love to see some 4* arena! meaning nothing higher then 4* can be used. You know what I mean? And 3* perhaps. It's when we put our first skill shards on.

So we have 3*, 4* and 5* .. three diferent arenas you can choose what you want to play. Excelent for the new players, not frustrating not getting any rewards while old players are in and giving up. And they have 3* and 4* creatures sharded, we don't, we have talismans, they are building 'em. It would be fun as hell in my mind hh :cool:

Uuuu, and when we put our 3* and 4* teams together. I'm just loving the idea!!

Edit: oh, and Eddie(s) v Eddie(s) only

Silentknight
01-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Need to fix who goes 1st. 15 matches today,went 1st 2x! 8 in a row going 2nd,1 going 1st,then another 6 in a row going 2nd. Have gone 2nd 7+ in a row several times but have never gone 1st more than 3x. RNG??? If I
had to guess I'd say it's 30/70% that you go 1st. Guarantee it's no more than 40/60%! Considering who goes 1st wins 90% of the time... this SUCKS!!!

Silentknight
01-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Need to fix who goes 1st. 15 matches today,went 1st 2x! 8 in a row going 2nd,1 going 1st,then another 6 in a row going 2nd. Have gone 2nd 7+ in a row several times but have never gone 1st more than 3x. RNG??? If I
had to guess I'd say it's 30/70% that you go 1st. Guarantee it's no more than 40/60%! Considering who goes 1st wins 90% of the time... this SUCKS!!!

3 out of 4 matches last night went 2nd!
10 out of 12 matches today went 2nd!
REALLY!!!!!

Sag7272
01-25-2017, 08:24 PM
3 out of 4 matches last night went 2nd!
10 out of 12 matches today went 2nd!
REALLY!!!!!

I happend to like that, it add some challenges...
Learnt to build my better defensive teams to attack & my best attack to defense because defense going second don't stand a chance anyway..
Running over a team while going first is kind of too easy most of the time, have to give a chance to AI somewhere if it almost never start I can't see the point in winning every fight hand down..

Askora
03-09-2017, 03:04 AM
I'm ok with going second once in a while, but last night was 9 times out of 10 going second. Today hasn't been much better, I think I'm about 3 for 13. The bad part is, if I'm going against a taunt team, I end up not even playing as I don't have a character with immunity. Just watch as my team dies one by one, have to touch the screen or it'll go to sleep so at least my team holds out for a little bit. Usually, if I get a chance to step in from the endless taunt/stun I can turn it around and get the advantage. So, I'm against going second all the time, unless there is a talisman that grants me immunity for at least a turn or something. Otherwise, it's just simply grinding away to get iron coins.

I still have a problem with void shields only working half the time, the other half they don't seem to do anything (No reflected damage, no protection, and this was even in Magus Lord of Light levels). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is against teams that don't have the blue bat, death dog or any way I know of to nullify my shield.

Caretaker
03-09-2017, 06:21 AM
I still have a problem with void shields only working half the time, the other half they don't seem to do anything (No reflected damage, no protection, and this was even in Magus Lord of Light levels). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is against teams that don't have the blue bat, death dog or any way I know of to nullify my shield.

I'm using voids a lot and I don't see what you are describing. I can tell you that if dmg is routed to another toon, like AoS, reflect does not apply more than once if aoe dmg since it hits AoS too. Because no dmg is applied to other attacked toon, it has nothing to reflect. Perhaps this is your trouble. Or true dmg which does not get reduced or reflected, but that would not be magus lol issue. So my bet is on first reply.

Askora
03-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Caretaker, it's not just been in pvp. Same thing in Lord of Light levels. I can walk through those easy, but still should see the damage reflect and it'll happen sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out a reason why it doesn't always reflect. In pvp, it sometimes happens with the defense side as well which is at least a bonus for me. I play on my tablet and phone and seen it happen on both. I've got AoS, but he's on the back burner. Trying to level up my DD right now. Most times it doesn't affect the outcome of the battle, but there's a few times that I could sure use the reflect to make it easier.