PDA

View Full Version : Character Builder - excel document

Painkiller
12-28-2016, 08:33 PM
NEW VERSION v0.92 - 14.july.2017
- Character Builder Sheet - cleaned up, more compact. Moved all calculations on new sheet.
- Removed "Eddie" names from Eddie Characters. Now name and class of character looks nicer in the talisman table.
- Cyborg Eddie - fixed basic HP
- Fixed for Slot 4,5,6 - Now showing all available talismans for specific colour.
- Added new fields that will be available in the future (as soon as I understand how it works)
- Started to add descriptions for Skills
- Decided slot for character picture.

* What is this document ?
- It is an excel table that will help you build the character based on selected talismans. It is ugly, it's missing some types of informations but it does the basic job.
* What ?
- In the end you will see how your lvl 100 character looks with all 6 maxed talismans.

This excel file is standalone file, meaning you need to download it on your local computer and for every new version, you need to go back to download link.

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r4zkpjhriw2mtq/Legacy%20of%20the%20Beast%20-%20character%20builder%20-%20live.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks to:
kjtaylor13 (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/member.php?37-kjtaylor13) - 1st online version of document - now outdated
slauki (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/member.php?7024-slauki) - compilation of maximized - find here: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103-Compilation-of-maximized-characters
Kaijester (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/member.php?6712-Kaijester) - Talisman guides
My 50 troopers for testing max values of characters and talismans
Forum guys for different questions and helpfull answers

Painkiller
12-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Updates and what's to be done in the future:

- Check and confirm colour of 4-5-6 slots - done !
- Link images for every character
- Describe every power with its attack type
- Graphic display of character status
- Display talismans effects in cells C15, 16, 17.
- Color type of character in C4.
- Finish type/number of attacks table.

Painkiller
12-28-2016, 08:37 PM
And another future will write here post :)

Atheist
12-28-2016, 09:05 PM
great work! very handy!!! keep it up :D:cool:

Painkiller
12-29-2016, 07:51 PM
great work! very handy!!! keep it up :D:cool:
Thanks for support, doing excel helps me learn new things, helps my fellow mates to play a little bit more easier :)

gerardo
12-29-2016, 08:02 PM
excelente work.

gerardo
12-29-2016, 09:24 PM
bug fix please, i can't change the name. or just me? im using exel for mac

iPoop
12-31-2016, 01:35 AM
Bravo! Well done @Painkiller. Thank you for your efforts here and the efforts of everyone else that was built upon. This is a useful tool IMO.

May I suggest that you add a version number to the spreadsheet so that we may know if we are using the latest?

Cheers :D

Coletrain
12-31-2016, 02:33 AM
As someone that enjoys creating intricate excel spreadsheets, this is awesome. Great job!

Gunner Allied Bomber Boy and Magus Masked Harpy have all 3 blue talisman slots, figured i'd pass it along to be updated.

Painkiller
01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Hello guys,
Happy New Year. I am back from party (what alcohol, what food???) and will continue working on file, small steps :)

bug fix please, i can't change the name. or just me? im using exel for mac
Excel version is done on PC using Microsoft Office Excel 2016. Will try to make it work on iOs and Mac :)

May I suggest that you add a version number to the spreadsheet...
You may find version number inside the excel file - sheet Introduction, cell A1 - for now it is v0.7 - Ugly version. As for file, for easier
upload management, name will remain as it is, in my 1st post I will post date of latest version.

As someone that enjoys creating intricate excel spreadsheets, this is awesome. Great job!
Gunner Allied Bomber Boy and Magus Masked Harpy have all 3 blue talisman slots, figured i'd pass it along to be updated.
Thanks, both (and much more) characters have been updated to the latest status found online and right now I'm still doing status check. New version in couple of days :)

iPoop
01-02-2017, 05:02 PM
I confirm that your file works with Excel for Mac (v15.29.1) running on OS X 10.11 or 10.12.

Schadenfreud-0217
01-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Is anyone still working on this?

Painkiller
01-06-2017, 06:16 AM
NEW VERSION v0.8 - 06.january.2017
- Added missing characters (Christmas event). Total of 148 characters.
- Updated all stats based on forum data from december the 29th 2016
- Corrected all talisman slots 4-5-6 with correct colour.

Painkiller
01-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Is anyone still working on this?

Yeap, it's me, one man army :) Since hollidays are over, now I can focus more on the excel table. If you have any sugestions, I would be glad to hear them :)

AmBush-UK
01-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Good job Painkiller, Am i going senile or is Storm Eddie missing from the Character builder?

Schadenfreud-0217
01-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Good job Painkiller, Am i going senile or is Storm Eddie missing from the Character builder?

Yeah, he's not in the dropdown, even though he's got an entry in the character tab... strange.

EDIT: Upon further investigation I also saw some other characters missing from the dropdown (e.x. Prisoner), so I guess there's some issue there...

Painkiller
01-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Yeah, he's not in the dropdown, even though he's got an entry in the character tab... strange.

EDIT: Upon further investigation I also saw some other characters missing from the dropdown (e.x. Prisoner), so I guess there's some issue there...

Yeap, some tests for future updates messed up the list of characters, now all are back :)

Storm Eddie got lost in the...Storm :) ..he's back after drinking a hot tea :)

AmBush-UK
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Cheers Schadenfreud I Thought i was loosing it.

AmBush-UK
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Yeap, some tests for future updates messed up the list of characters, now all are back :)

Storm Eddie got lost in the...Storm :) ..he's back after drinking a hot tea :)
Lovely, I'll finish my tea and have a look ;)

Schadenfreud-0217
01-12-2017, 02:51 PM
I saw you were missing The Prisoner's abilities so here is everything about him:

Skills
Present:
Basic Attack: Vengeance
- Deals true damage to a single target
- Transfers negative effects to the enemy
- 45% chance to Stun for 2 turns
- Damage increases based on your magic and special stats
Lvl2,3: +5% dmg
Lvl4: +10% dmg
Lvl5: + 15% dmg
Lvl6: + 20% dmg

Ability: Chain (cost 6)
- Deals high physical damage to an enemy
- Seals a Skill of the enemy for 4 turns
- Seals a Skill on the caster for 2 turns
Lvl2,3: +5% dmg
Lvl4,5: +10% dmg
Lvl6: + 15% dmg

Passive: Passive Aggression
Diables all enemy passives.
(Does not work on bosses)

Stats
HP - 9159
ATK - 719
DEF - 232
MAG - 458
MR - 563
SPE - 466

Talisman Slots
3 Yellow, 3 Meta

Painkiller
01-13-2017, 02:12 PM
I saw you were missing The Prisoner's abilities so here is everything about him...

Thanks for info. Full skills will be included in future updates, that's for sure. I'm thinking to add % from the skills , so in the finaly you can have a character with lvl 100, lvl 50 talismans and skills from none to full level :)

iPoop
01-17-2017, 04:11 AM
In v0.8, the Mummy Eddie base DEF & MR numbers are incorrect.

Painkiller
01-17-2017, 04:19 PM
In v0.8, the Mummy Eddie base DEF & MR numbers are incorrect.

Fixed, thanks.

iPoop
01-19-2017, 11:33 PM
FYI, for the Mummy Eddie, the Total DEF in the spreadsheet is no longer including the Base DEF, it just includes the talisman DEF. For some reason the SUM function in cell I10 is not working for that Eddie. It appears to work correctly for others.

Painkiller
01-20-2017, 09:02 PM
FYI, for the Mummy Eddie, the Total DEF in the spreadsheet is no longer including the Base DEF, it just includes the talisman DEF. For some reason the SUM function in cell I10 is not working for that Eddie. It appears to work correctly for others.

Excel really hates me :)
Mummy Eddie status from last update was stored as text, not number. Not it works fine, thanks a lot for right on point error :)

AmBush-UK
01-31-2017, 06:43 PM
really hates me :)

You and me both ;)

just noticed, Void and Death Barrier Talis are missing

Painkiller
02-02-2017, 08:12 AM

You and me both ;)

just noticed, Void and Death Barrier Talis are missing

hi Ambush. Both talismans are present in the excel file. If you go to Sheet "Talismans" , you may find Death Tali on row 22 and Void tali on row 91. It always helps to check the file for info so your notice is always welcomed :)

iPoop
02-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Hi @Painkiller, I believe I may have found a glitch. I believe the Ivory talisman is assigning the +15% effect to the Magic score and not the MR score like it should.

Painkiller
02-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi @Painkiller, I believe I may have found a glitch. I believe the Ivory talisman is assigning the +15% effect to the Magic score and not the MR score like it should.

Thanks iPoop, good eye. Corrected the error and now all looks fine :)
Cheers :)

crapmaster
02-17-2017, 10:47 AM
I'm unable to select Talismans (L9 to Q9), no drop down, just a text field saying 'Holy' and 'Paladin'.
The type drop down works however.

Is it just me (or my environment, using Linux and LibreOffice)?
Using v0.8

IronSentinel
02-17-2017, 06:38 PM
when selecing assassin talisman, is not adding the "2nd effect" (column M in Talismans tab) to the calculation

thanks for the hard work and getting this done

IronBLKHRT-2321
02-22-2017, 06:46 PM
... to Painkiller and EVERYONE who has contributed to this project. My wife often ridicules my spreadsheets and I had spent some time to start building a spreadsheet before I became aware of this well-designed spreadsheet. This project is an example of skill with Excel beyond my own so I appreciate the public sharing of this Excel document. Thank You!

iPoop
02-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi @Painkiller, the assassin desert rider now has 3 mandatory purple talisman slots. It appears it used to be 2 red & 1 purple.

cheers!

Askora
03-02-2017, 12:11 AM
I've got an online version, that does basically the same thing. It started off in Excel and then put it on Google Sheets and had to modify it to get it to work. Maybe not quite as pretty, but someone might find it useful.
It does not handle stacked talismans, as long as the characters haven't changed too much since the guide was made it should be pretty close on the numbers.

https://goo.gl/yyP0c1

Tritium
03-02-2017, 04:51 AM
I've got an online version, that does basically the same thing. It started off in Excel and then put it on Google Sheets and had to modify it to get it to work. Maybe not quite as pretty, but someone might find it useful.
It does not handle stacked talismans, as long as the characters haven't changed too much since the guide was made it should be pretty close on the numbers.

Good stuff, Askora. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the drop-down list capability for easily switching between the characters.

Painkiller
03-02-2017, 07:56 AM
I'm unable to select Talismans (L9 to Q9), no drop down, just a text field saying 'Holy' and 'Paladin'.
The type drop down works however.

Is it just me (or my environment, using Linux and LibreOffice)?
Using v0.8

Hi Crapmaster, thanks for your post. Unfortunately, it is your LibreOffice. Excel works fine in Office 2013, Office365. Try to find some other way :)

Painkiller
03-02-2017, 08:03 AM
when selecing assassin talisman, is not adding the "2nd effect" (column M in Talismans tab) to the calculation

thanks for the hard work and getting this done

Hi Iron, thanks for finding this "Where D fok is ATT points" glitch. Corrected :)

Painkiller
03-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Hi @Painkiller, the assassin desert rider now has 3 mandatory purple talisman slots. It appears it used to be 2 red & 1 purple.

cheers!

Hey youPoop, thanks for info, corrected :)

Painkiller
03-02-2017, 08:41 AM

Nice work, maybe I'll steal some info :)))
As for stacked talismans, here's the ideea how it work on my sheet (for a better understanding, in the sheet CharacterBuilder, unde the Red line (Row 302) select everything and put black font color. It will show you the mechanism of how this whole excel works. Let me break for you, use 6 Assassin talismans, 3x Shield, 3x Barrier.
- J303 to O307 , It reads all the talismans and types from L9 to Q10.
- Q306:Q311, reads talisman names from L9 to Q9.
- R306:R311 , remove duplicat names from Q306:Q311.
- S306:S311 , counts talismans with same name from R306:R311
- T306:T311 , based on value in R306:R311, does index/match in sheet Talismans to find number of full set needed for talisman found in R306:R311. Assassin talisman will be found in sheet Talismans, collumn J that shows number 3.
- U306:U311, divides number of same talimans from S306:S311 on T306:T311, so its is 6 divided on 3 , gives 2 sets of Assassin talismans.
- Now comes tricky stuff. Only assassin talismans have 2nd set of effects.
- Y306. Compares the number of Full sets in U306 and multiplies it from Talismans sheet, collumn L (Effect value). So we have 2 in U306, multiplied by 162 (efect for 1 set) and it will give us final number of 2 x 162 = 324. That means we have 2 full sets. Now we got the number, but we need to know the effect type (atk, magic).
- Z306. If there is any set of talismans in collumn U306 , it will index/match a value from Talisman sheet, collumn 14, in this case there is is number 2, and so it will search for value in collumn number 14, that is Magic. So now you have 324 and Magic.
- Z313. Now we search for 2nd talisman effect (if there is any). Secondary talisman effect group (X312:Z317) is the same formulas only value is searched in Talisman Sheet, collumn 15. If there is a number, it will be shown , if not, it will be N/A and it will not be calculated.
- AC303:AD311. This is the final result. It works like this:
AD306:AD311, just write names of attacks (HP, Atk, Def, Magic, MR, Special - they corespond to Talisman sheet, collumn N (Type of attack))
AC306:AC311: Formula says to ADD any numbers from Y306:Y317 and Z306 and Z3017, and show number if value coresponds to AD306. So if in the matrix Y307 to Z317 they will find a value and word Magic, all those values will be added to the coresponding name.

It looks complicated but since you manage to do this on Google sheet, I'm sure you will understand it :)

Askora
03-03-2017, 06:27 PM
No problem on sharing, Tritium. The real strategy is putting together an effective team.

Painkiller, my version was written originally in Excel. My calculations are kind of all over the place. If you look off to the right on the main sheet, you can see where I do my talisman calculations. I build a string with the first letter "Y" or "N" and then parse through it to decide which effects to apply. It was much cleaner in Excel than in Google Sheets. When I uploaded it broke my data validation. Data validation has to be on the same sheet as what you're trying to build the drop down list for. In Excel you can cheat and use Indirect to point to a list on another page. Can't do that in Google Sheets, it has to be on that page. So, to get it to work on there I had to dynamically build the list where my data validation was pointed. Nice work, by the way. I think yours definitely looks cleaner than mine. Feel free to steal away. I can't guarantee the accuracy of all the character stats. It was copied from the guide in the forum, and I think some of the characters got debuffed since then. I don't have all the characters to double check the stats, and probably wouldn't take the time if I did. If someone knows of errors, I'll be happy to correct them.

Here's a link to the Excel copy of the file.

https://goo.gl/bTnqBQ

Painkiller
03-03-2017, 06:51 PM
No problem on sharing, Tritium. The real strategy is putting together an effective team.

https://goo.gl/bTnqBQ

my Excel is based on primary Google doc (that is now completely outdated) where player calculated and manage to setup working talismans. Doc is very destroyed but maybe you can manage to do it. As for my excel doc, yes, I moved all the calculations in separate sheet, it comes with new update :)
Always awaylable for you if need some input :)
Keep up the good work man, I DO understand the HUGE work and time spent for this :)

Please check the link for outdated Google doc, maybe you manage to salvage some formulas :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YLjrnPQqXFpBygCDiza8yfeA8cxYnU0aZkYtRT2bH7Q/edit#gid=490082085

iPoop
03-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Hi Painkiller, I think there is an issue with the Purple Talisman "Type" drop down menu. They no longer seem to work. The Type drop down menu is either blank or only lists one type.
cheers :cool:

Askora
03-06-2017, 03:18 AM
I'm doing a fresh start on Google sheets. Mostly just to see what I can do with it, I'm happy enough with my current version. It does most of what I want. But, since I was playing, thought I'd see if I could do something a little cooler. Just a pain trying to get everything set up for it. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have something new.

Painkiller
03-13-2017, 04:25 PM
CRITICAL UPDATE - NEW VERSION v0.9 - 13.march.2017
- Added Navigator Eddie. Total of 149 characters.
- Added new talismans (Immunity and Shell)
- Fixed some talisman 4-5-6 slots
- Added graphical chart of character status

iPoop - all should work now

iPoop
03-14-2017, 12:49 PM
I appreciate your efforts kind Sir!

iPoop
03-15-2017, 02:58 AM
I found a small glitch. When the talisman assigned slot is green, the Stone Talisman is not listed in the Type pick list.

Painkiller
03-21-2017, 09:52 PM
UPDATE - v0.91 - 21.march.2017
- Character Builder Sheet - cleaned up, more compact. Moved all calculations on new sheet.
- Removed "Eddie" names from Eddie Characters. Now name and class of character looks nicer in the talisman table.
- Cyborg Eddie - fixed basic HP
- Fixed for Slot 4,5,6 - Now showing all available talismans for specific colour.
- Added new fields that will be available in the future (as soon as I understand how it works)
- Started to add descriptions for Skills
- Decided slot for character picture.

Thanks iPoop again for nice tip.

iPoop
03-24-2017, 01:15 AM
Nice update Painkiller!

Noticing that when you select a VOID talisman, only the SHIELD type is available in the pick list. The BARRIER type is not available in the pick list.
cheers, :cool:

Painkiller
03-26-2017, 05:25 AM
Nice update Painkiller!

Noticing that when you select a VOID talisman, only the SHIELD type is available in the pick list. The BARRIER type is not available in the pick list.
cheers, :cool:

Done, thanks :)

iPoop
04-11-2017, 02:50 AM
Hey Painkiller, the Shell talisman is adding to the DEF Effect, just like a Stone talisman. Is it supposed to do this? I don't have a set of Shell Talisman to test this out, but me thinks this might be incorrect.

cheers! :cool:

v8web
04-11-2017, 03:46 AM
Just a pain trying to get everything set up for it. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have something new.

iPoop
04-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Assassin Newborn of Light mandatory slots are now red.

Painkiller
05-01-2017, 07:44 AM
To all users of this excel character builder , yes, it will be updated soon :)

iPoop
05-07-2017, 06:46 PM
I just noticed that you are missing the Comet talisman I believe. Looking forward to the update! :D

iPoop
05-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Also, the Resilience talisman is now a 2 set, no longer a 3 set for the effect.

Mysti
06-11-2017, 02:25 AM
Sentinel Angel of Strife

I was using the Character Builder tonight to look at possible talismans for this new character I got.
The builder has the three designated slots listed as green, blue, green, but my character has green, yellow, green as the designated slots.

Is this excel sheet still a good tool?
Is this just a change that was made to this character? or a possible mistake in the spread sheet?

Depending on the answer--either I'm wasting a lot of time this evening or there is a correction that needs to be made to the spread sheet.

Thanks,
Mysti

Askora
06-11-2017, 02:53 AM
Sentinel Angel of Strife

I was using the Character Builder tonight to look at possible talismans for this new character I got.
The builder has the three designated slots listed as green, blue, green, but my character has green, yellow, green as the designated slots.

Is this excel sheet still a good tool?
Is this just a change that was made to this character? or a possible mistake in the spread sheet?

Depending on the answer--either I'm wasting a lot of time this evening or there is a correction that needs to be made to the spread sheet.

Thanks,
Mysti

He was changed with the last update. I know my spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a while. I've been toying around with an Access database version, but that's been slow going and nothing worth posting to date. I couldn't get the functionality I was looking for in Excel.

I'm not sure about Painkiller's version of the database as I haven't checked it in a while.

Mysti
06-11-2017, 03:06 AM
He was changed with the last update. I know my spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a while. I've been toying around with an Access database version, but that's been slow going and nothing worth posting to date. I couldn't get the functionality I was looking for in Excel.

I'm not sure about Painkiller's version of the database as I haven't checked it in a while.

Thank you for the reply. I did find the spreadsheet helpful with many of my other characters. Even if there were some changes, I see better performance from the characters that I used it with in regards to their attack, magic, defense. Some I had done a good job guessing at the right talismans, but others were completely wrong for their type of damage. (Long-time player of the game--downloaded it on release, but a new member in the forums and was looking for more information to improve my game play when I came across this thread.)

I will check for the other database from Painkiller and see if that helps with this particular character. Thank you!

Edit: Actually it was the version upload by Painkiller in March 2017 that I am using so I guess that his version has also not been updated since the character was changed.

Askora
06-11-2017, 03:38 AM
Thank you for the reply. I did find the spreadsheet helpful with many of my other characters. Even if there were some changes, I see better performance from the characters that I used it with in regards to their attack, magic, defense. Some I had done a good job guessing at the right talismans, but others were completely wrong for their type of damage. (Long-time player of the game--downloaded it on release, but a new member in the forums and was looking for more information to improve my game play when I came across this thread.)

I will check for the other database from Painkiller and see if that helps with this particular character. Thank you!

Edit: Actually it was the version upload by Painkiller in March 2017 that I am using so I guess that his version has also not been updated since the character was changed.

Not a problem. I know the download version of mine should be pretty easy to change the slots in. Adding characters and such is more of a chore, but editing one isn't too bad. Part of the reason I decided an Access version would be better.

iPoop
06-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Hi Mysti, I find Painkiller's spreadsheet to be a well constructed tool. It is in need of a refresh though. It does not reflect the most recent tuning changes for characters & talisman. Its also missing the eternal characters. I still find it useful though.

I don't know how much work it is to update the tool and I don't know how active Painkiller is in the forums either. I think he is still playing the game though for I believe he attacked me in the arena yesterday. :D

kjtaylor13
06-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I think there are limitations to both Google sheets, and excel. As for Access whilst it may be better, I'm wondering if a mySql / pho website may be the best solution.

* Available to all via internet. On any device
* Easier to keep up to date, as could have a number of admins tasked with keeping the data current.
* Many features could be developed.

I struggled with my original Google Sheet, which painkillers is based on, due to restrictions in Google sheets, meaning had to fix it regularly.

I've a little experience with mySql PhP not so much. Given some time / help I may be able to come up with something.

But it needs to be a group effort I think. Keeping the data current would be too much for one person alone.

So let me known it you are interested, and I'll see what I can throw together.

Cheers

Kevin

Askora
06-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I think there are limitations to both Google sheets, and excel. As for Access whilst it may be better, I'm wondering if a mySql / pho website may be the best solution.

* Available to all via internet. On any device
* Easier to keep up to date, as could have a number of admins tasked with keeping the data current.
* Many features could be developed.

I struggled with my original Google Sheet, which painkillers is based on, due to restrictions in Google sheets, meaning had to fix it regularly.

I've a little experience with mySql PhP not so much. Given some time / help I may be able to come up with something.

But it needs to be a group effort I think. Keeping the data current would be too much for one person alone.

So let me known it you are interested, and I'll see what I can throw together.

Cheers

Kevin

Definitely trade offs no matter which way you go. Mine was made before I found Painkillers sheet. And, when I'd found it, someone had broken it. The reason I didn't open mine to editing.

I've thought about the sql/php route, but then you've got web hosting to consider. That and I've got more experience with access, although I'm pretty rusty. I do think a database of some sort would work far better than the spreadsheet.

My goal has been to build something that would work well with don slauki's maximized character thread. That way it would be just a matter of updating the database and then be able to generate the maximized character sheets from it. Add in the talismans and then it also allows anyone to play with maximizing their characters.

I've been pulling some OT at work, so this project kind of slipped from my routine. But, I'll do some looking again tonight. It'd be nice to get something together. Now just have to figure out how to make it happen.

Mysti
06-11-2017, 05:31 PM
I have to say that I admire and appreciate anyone that has the talent/skill and puts the effort into these projects that help other players improve on their characters/game play. My skills with spreadsheets and databases were moderate when I was working with them a regular basis and have greatly degenerated since I retired due to medical reasons. I have plenty of time on my hands now, but no experience/knowledge with some of what you are discussing and limited amounts of experience/knowledge with some of the other programs.

kjtaylor13
06-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Hi

How about I create a msql database that can be a central LOTBDB, that can then be queried in the exel sheet / Access DB / Web page.

That way the community has a single Database source to go to. We could have multiple accounts for Data Entry, but have it open for read, so anyone can query it.

We could them provide code / links to the data / tables that can be used in Excel and Access etc.

What do you think. I have the hosting, and a domain I could create a subdomain for the Database.

Let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

Silentknight
06-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Hi

How about I create a msql database that can be a central LOTBDB, that can then be queried in the exel sheet / Access DB / Web page.

That way the community has a single Database source to go to. We could have multiple accounts for Data Entry, but have it open for read, so anyone can query it.

We could them provide code / links to the data / tables that can be used in Excel and Access etc.

What do you think. I have the hosting, and a domain I could create a subdomain for the Database.

Let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

??? Wtf? U guys blow me away! But very nice!

Askora
06-11-2017, 07:12 PM
That could work. Not sure what you've got in mind for structure on it. Not sure if you looked at my download version. It's mostly the same as my sheets version.

I've got abilities and such separated into their own tables. I think that method is best, so that when they make a tuning change to an ability it automatically applies to all characters with that ability. I'm sure if you've got database experience you've probably already got that covered, but just wanted to throw it in their in case.

Still quite a few hours before I get home, so no chance to look at mine yet and see what I have that might be of use.

Thank you Mysti and SK, hopefully we can make something that everyone can gain from.

Btw Kevin, I'm Kevin as well.

kjtaylor13
06-11-2017, 09:01 PM
This is what I got as a starter. I've not created these yet. I'm open to suggestions for more or less fields, and additional tables.

It's entirely possible with a database to be able to build teams. Not just single Characters. But as usual Iget ahead of myself.

Table: Eddie /Allies
Fields: Name,Desc, Class, FuryPas, PreBasic,PrePower,PaBasic,PaPower,FuBasic,FuPower, HP,ATK,DEF,MAG,MR,SP,S4,S5,S6,IMG

Table: Talismans
Fields: Name, SubType, Colour, MaxHP, MaxATK, MaxDEF, MaxMAG,MaxMR,NoSet,EffectDesc,EffectCalc,Effect2Ca lc,EffectType,Effect2Type, IMG

Table:Abilities
Fields: Name, Type,Cost,Desc,Effect1,Chance1,Effect2,Chance2,Eff ect3,Chance3

I should be able to import the existing data from the spreadsheets as a starting point. Which can then be checked and updated.

Anyways away with work tomorrow, so won't get time to work on this. But will whilst on the Train be working on using all my Troopers :D.

Cheers Kevin

Askora
06-11-2017, 09:14 PM
I'll compare it to what I have set up once I get home. Still about 3 hours of work left, I work long days.

I agree.on the building teams with it. A lot that can be done, but have to have a good foundation.

Cheers

BG840
06-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Not a clue but sounds really f'n awesome!! Sure hope y'all get ya heads together on this, it could be (dare I say it)......a game changer. Lol

Askora
06-12-2017, 04:04 AM
This is what I got as a starter. I've not created these yet. I'm open to suggestions for more or less fields, and additional tables.

It's entirely possible with a database to be able to build teams. Not just single Characters. But as usual Iget ahead of myself.

Table: Eddie /Allies
Fields: Name,Desc, Class, FuryPas, PreBasic,PrePower,PaBasic,PaPower,FuBasic,FuPower, HP,ATK,DEF,MAG,MR,SP,S4,S5,S6,IMG

Table: Talismans
Fields: Name, SubType, Colour, MaxHP, MaxATK, MaxDEF, MaxMAG,MaxMR,NoSet,EffectDesc,EffectCalc,Effect2Ca lc,EffectType,Effect2Type, IMG

Table:Abilities
Fields: Name, Type,Cost,Desc,Effect1,Chance1,Effect2,Chance2,Eff ect3,Chance3

I should be able to import the existing data from the spreadsheets as a starting point. Which can then be checked and updated.

Anyways away with work tomorrow, so won't get time to work on this. But will whilst on the Train be working on using all my Troopers :D.

Cheers Kevin

Ok, I'm going to say Eddies/Allies I'm pretty much on the same page as you. I'm guessing Desc is what I've been defining as role. There is one caveat on the abilities, Aces High Eddie is an oddball with 4 power abilities and only 2 basic.

I like the abilities broken down into separate tables as it makes it a simpler search if you're looking for specific combinations for a team. Not necessarily with a database, but more for importing into excel without rearranging the whole table. Also my preference is broken down by levels which doesn't seem to be what you have.

For talismans, you're missing MaxSP from your list. That's all I see at the moment. I'm trying to work out a way to break out abilities and talisman effects somewhat further as well.

That's all I've got at the moment. My weekend doesn't start until Thursday, and won't be until then that I can really play around with it.

Almost forgot. Would like to add in the where to find particular talismans. What level characters drop at, etc. I'm a perfectionist which is probably why I end up stalled on projects a lot. :D

Askora
06-16-2017, 02:38 AM
A few comparisons. Didn't have a whole lot of time today and work again tomorrow. Still working on the talisman and ability tables.

Mine----Yours

Character Table

Name----Name
Role----Desc
Icon----
Portrait----IMG
Cost----
SacrificeValue----
DropsAs
Class----Class
HP----HP
ATK----ATK
DEF----DEF
MAGIC----MAG
MR----MR
SPECIAL----SP
BasicPresent----PreBasic
PowerPresent----PrePower
BasicPast----PaBasic
PowerPast----PaPower
BasicFuture----FuBasic
PowerFuture----FuPower
Slot_4----S4
Slot_5----S5
Slot_6----S6
Fury----FuryPas
Passive----FuryPas

Talisman Table

Name----Name
DropsFrom----
Description----EffectDesc
Icon----IMG
Affinity----Colour
Type----SubType
HP----MaxHP
ATK----MaxATK
DEF----MaxDef
MAGIC----MaxMag
MR----MaxMR
SPECIAL----
Set----NoSet
----EffectCalc
----Effect2Calc
----EffectType
----Effect2Type

kjtaylor13
07-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Hi Guys

So made a small start. Needs some bugs fixing but i think i've broken the back of my lotbdb website idea.

This is just a proof of concept at the moment. So only has Character Data, and is not up to date.

JSON Character Data
http://lotbdb.tanstagi.co.uk/wp-json/wp/v2/character/character?per_page=500

Currently this returns all Character Data in a json file. Will be adding csv and other data formats as the site improves.
The plan at launch is to have you able to query by Character Name & Class to get just data for one Character by using the same url, with a few extra arguments.

The data is all stored and editable, if you want to see this as it is for the moment:
http://lotbdb.tanstagi.co.uk

The data is meta data on each post, so to edit you will need an account, for testing and whilst I devolop there will be this account for people to look and see what they think

User: Test
Password: Test

When you login and open a Character post you will see the meta data in a tabbed form which you can update and cicking update will update the data for all.

WHat do you think about the fields I have for the Character Data, I want to add 2 more Data types. Talisman and Skills Which will be implemented the same way.

It's far from pretty at the moment. But pretty comes after the bug fixing testing etc.

Please guys let me know if this is needed? Should I continue, will it be used and maintained?

Should I add fields in the data for Images? I was thinking Thumbnail like on the Character select screen and Full size from My Team Screen.

Should I start a new Thread for this going forward?

Right enjoy, and please let me know your thoughs.

Sorry it's taken a while to do been away with wotk

Cheers Kevin

Painkiller
07-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Well guys, time for small update :)
Added all new characters up to July the 6th, 2017
- New Eddies
- New characters

! ENJOY !

Mariner-1212
07-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, I want to build out an 'effect search' database that lets you look up Permadeath / Passives / etc. to find characters that fit your specific strategy. I noticed that in the current form, this very extensive character data has the move names, but I'm not seeing the effect descriptions... is that correct? Don't want to duplicate efforts.

kjtaylor13
07-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Hi,

My plan is to add skills with full descriptions and searchable tags to the website in my 2nd post up...

If it is something people are interested in.

Let me know if I should keep working on it.

Cheers

Kevin

BG840
07-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Help! Ive downloaded this but cant seem to get it to work. Suggestions please

Askora
07-14-2017, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys

So made a small start. Needs some bugs fixing but i think i've broken the back of my lotbdb website idea.

This is just a proof of concept at the moment. So only has Character Data, and is not up to date.

JSON Character Data
http://lotbdb.tanstagi.co.uk/wp-json/wp/v2/character/character?per_page=500

Currently this returns all Character Data in a json file. Will be adding csv and other data formats as the site improves.
The plan at launch is to have you able to query by Character Name & Class to get just data for one Character by using the same url, with a few extra arguments.

The data is all stored and editable, if you want to see this as it is for the moment:
http://lotbdb.tanstagi.co.uk

The data is meta data on each post, so to edit you will need an account, for testing and whilst I devolop there will be this account for people to look and see what they think

User: Test
Password: Test

When you login and open a Character post you will see the meta data in a tabbed form which you can update and cicking update will update the data for all.

WHat do you think about the fields I have for the Character Data, I want to add 2 more Data types. Talisman and Skills Which will be implemented the same way.

It's far from pretty at the moment. But pretty comes after the bug fixing testing etc.

Please guys let me know if this is needed? Should I continue, will it be used and maintained?

Should I add fields in the data for Images? I was thinking Thumbnail like on the Character select screen and Full size from My Team Screen.

Should I start a new Thread for this going forward?

Right enjoy, and please let me know your thoughs.

Sorry it's taken a while to do been away with wotk

Cheers Kevin

Took a brief look. Think mine has gone a slightly different direction. Still making some progress, but it has been slow going as yard projects have taken much of my time. There's also the issue of getting tired of the grinding and being very unimpressed with the direction of the game.

Maybe if I get something more together we can compare notes. I've been playing with MySQL a little bit and can do some of what I want, but still have some things to work out.

Painkiller
07-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Help! Ive downloaded this but cant seem to get it to work. Suggestions please

Hello BG,
thanks for downloading this excel.
You need a computer with Microsoft Office (usually works for PC, not Linux or Apple office stuff, or Open Office)
Just download the file on your computer and open it.
If it requires you the option to "Enable Editing", please do it. You need to change some parametres in the excel file :)
After that, just follow those 1 2 3 4 steps (yellow ones) and check your final status in collumn "Total" :)
I hope you manage this, have fun :)

Painkiller
07-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi,

My plan is to add skills with full descriptions and searchable tags to the website in my 2nd post up...

If it is something people are interested in.

Let me know if I should keep working on it.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
thanks for having other projects that can help the community. I also have nice plans for my excel table, as you know, biggest issue is collecting, writing all that data but yea, Skill description is always welcome, for sure I will use that (or my text) in the upcoming versions :)

Have fun m8 :)

iPoop
09-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Well guys, time for small update :)
Added all new characters up to July the 6th, 2017
- New Eddies
- New characters

! ENJOY !

Bro, any chance of an update? Lots of changes in the meta, so I know it will take some effort. I'd chip in if I could but I'm pretty inept at this Excel stuff. :confused:

Painkiller
09-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Bro, any chance of an update? Lots of changes in the meta, so I know it will take some effort. I'd chip in if I could but I'm pretty inept at this Excel stuff. :confused:
Yeah, thinking on upgrading the table. They release changes like crazy, hard to follow them up :)

Painkiller
10-06-2017, 07:37 PM
- Finished today update with all characters, status and talismans colours.
- Will release new version v0.92 on monday.

slauki
10-06-2017, 08:13 PM
awesome that you are still updating this, tyvm man! \m/

BG840
10-14-2017, 02:17 PM
i know a lot has been going on, just wondering what the timeframe for the builder update is looking like