PDA

View Full Version : This will be required for the short term success of this game...

FlyingV
12-29-2016, 07:08 AM
Likely the long run as well.

Today, this is where we are:

Players have no new campaign content and (on the whole) 50 trooper obligations daily. Those in PVP beta have the obligation to compete/revenge and scramble for coins and points. One obligation does not pair with the other concurrently. 10+ battles must be had to stay competitive (Without ironite, likely 30+ throughout the day). Moreover, 250 SoT must be expended to play 50 troopers. Assuming that 70 SoT are rewarded throughout the course of these battles, you have to expend more than 2 full SoT inventories, just to keep up. Thus, you have to deal with 2-3 SoT/SoW recharges to engage in 30 battles/50 dungeons for a total of 80 daily engagements to minimally keep PvP standing and honor trooper commitments.

Some days it's fun and others it's an ardous chore that is burning us out, which I am certain is one of maybe 3 leading reasons why people are leaving this game temporarily/permanently.

Solution: We REQUIRE the ability to field multiple troopers per dungeon.

If a player can field 4 troopers per dungeon, then the obligation to use all troopers is cut from 50 dungeons to 13. Even if each additional trooper cost 5 additional SoT, thus requiring players to wait accordingly and revisit, we are not stuck playimg for hours on end for a commitment to our fellow troopers. It simply makes sense and needs to happen to release players from the mounting obligations, leaving those to play to their hearts content while others don't have to weigh screwing 20 people out of badges for the second day in a row against finding 40 more min to force more boring farm rounds.

It should follow that no additional troopers can be used in any dungeon that has not had all 3 skulls unlocked or any LOL that has not been beaten. It would also be nice to allow ONE trooper into PVP except in the case of using the trooper against that trooper's own team.

There really are a ton of creative and sensible solutions brought up over the months, but this really is a priority requirment IMO. We aren't getting RNG breaks, we lost Rare souls, we have intended/unintended bottlenecks and on top of it all, we now have a 2-3 recharge 80 battle/dungeon daily commitment. It's too much and it's why people are needing breaks.

mjmxiii
12-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Solution: We REQUIRE the ability to field multiple troopers per dungeon.

Excellent idea and post! I was wishing I could at least use the two Eddie slots that don't get used while auto-farming today, just to support the troops a bit faster and not have to re-up SoT.

FlyingV
12-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Thanks. The idea that dedicated players who grind incessantly no longer makes sense regarding the investment/reward matrix.

g/a souls are utterly worthless. Rare w/m/s souls are essentially worthless past mid level where ironite spent on promo souls yields better results. Rare g/a souls are not worth the expense at all. The ONLY thing of value is skill shards, yet these are completely unnecessary for the campaign, marginally useful in getting an edge in pvp (player turn is 75% of the result), and people are hesitant to use them after devs ruined characters with nerfs and eroded player trust.

in short, it is starting to be too damned expensive in time invested on the same old levels to grind nonstop 2-3 days for one skill shard.

blade685
12-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks. The idea that dedicated players who grind incessantly no longer makes sense regarding the investment/reward matrix.

g/a souls are utterly worthless. Rare w/m/s souls are essentially worthless past mid level where ironite spent on promo souls yields better results. Rare g/a souls are not worth the expense at all. The ONLY thing of value is skill shards, yet these are completely unnecessary for the campaign, marginally useful in getting an edge in pvp (player turn is 75% of the result), and people are hesitant to use them after devs ruined characters with nerfs and eroded player trust.

in short, it is starting to be too damned expensive in time invested on the same old levels to grind nonstop 2-3 days for one skill shard.+10................

CanyptianFit
12-29-2016, 02:39 PM
+100. Exactly how I feel. Sigh.

Developers you are getting a ton of varied feedback, all good ideas. BUT. You need to be decisive and focused on managing your resources to get product out.

Time is not OUR friend.

slauki
12-29-2016, 06:11 PM
i have to agree, it's getting stressfull to play the game, yeah it's fun the most time, but i have to spend too much time to
reach the basic obligations every day. some speed pass would be nice or the possibility to use more troopers in campaign or even in pvp.

the term "burn out" is't too far off IMO.

But i'm still hoping that some good changes will come very soon. But the last christmas "event" was really a big disappointment, i hope
they will release BNW, Sacrifice and other features/content soon...

MrFreeze
12-29-2016, 10:31 PM
I stopped looking for more troopers. I'm only at 38 right now and I'm fine with it. Bringing in multiple troopers at once would be a big help.

The Educated fool
12-29-2016, 11:04 PM
The ability to use multiple troopers in a campaign round (100% agree too: only if in a three-skulled level) is an idea whose time has come. Great suggestion!

AmBush-UK
12-29-2016, 11:45 PM
Some good idea's unfortunately they and many others in the Suggestions & Feedback section of the forum will never be acted on,
Why?
Sadly, The Devs never venture down this far :mad:

osiris0000
12-30-2016, 12:22 AM
When i look back from today to first day i start to play this game, i can see that we are challenging in this game quite hard.

*Rare Soul gambling:

My first challenge was finding good characters, it took really long time for me. For some players it never stops.
But at some point, i needed to make a decision about investing what i have or keep gambling, i choose to set my priority on investing what i have. Glad i did.
Because it was painful to see spend my hard-earned trooper points on rare g/a souls and other ones for %0.1 chance to get a good char. In fact, i got my best characters from plain rare souls. I still don't have Carriage Rider Eddie for example, where some people have 5-6 dupes of him. But i don't care anymore.

I just want to put the simple math here about trooper module:

To buy a rare s/m/w soul, you need to have 50 rounds played by you & or your troopers. Took 1 day.
To buy a rare g/a soul, it is 150 rounds. Took minimum 2 days.
To buy a Skillshard, it is 200 round. Took minimum 3 days. (Unless you have perfect trooper team that all of them play your champion without crashes - which is ultra rare)

So, where are we going from here? Most of the end gamers collecting Skillshards currently. Lets see what it takes to max skills of any character.

To max only one avarage character, you should drop approximately 10 of them. It is 2000 rounds + You have to farm 1 month.
Killer characters? They usually have 12 - 14 (Like Corrupt General, Nomad, Gunner COTD, etc.), It is 3000 rounds + took 1,5 month.
So you want to max your Grim Reaper Eddie? Good luck with collecting 28 Skillshards.. It will took almost 3 months and close to 9000 rounds!

In other words, to get a maxed team you should spend around half a year. Because of PVP, a good player needs much more maxed chars to have a solid defence strategy.

And you have to realize this: you must play EVERYDAY without having break to get this numbers. This is the PERFECT scenario.

It is really boring for a end-game player to play same levels everyday to get 25 lousy trooper point each time!

Yes, i also know that we can buy Skillshards from PVP with Iron Coins currently - thanks for that. But this is still not enough. It is limited to once a week.
If you want to be a good player, with all this calculation you must spent minimum 4-5 hours a day. This is absurd amount of time to expect from an ordinary mobile game player i tell you.. Thats why so many people start to giving it up. We can be bunch of LOTB addicted people here, but you need more regular players to keep this game alive.

This game needs some winning streak & boost levels to reward hard-gaming players! And time-saving solutions.
Basically, we all need BALANCE.

Kaijester
12-30-2016, 12:42 AM
Well said Osiris. To make thing worse, Arena is having an impact on players using their champion troopers as I'm obviously collecting trooper badges much slower despite using all my troopers daily.

We need to either use multiple troopers and/or fastpass battles without going thru the same stuffs.

Anyway,

AmBush-UK
12-30-2016, 12:59 AM
What he said ^^^^^ :cool:
Alternatively, reduce troopers capacity to 25 and Double reward to 50 badges

RCarter
12-30-2016, 02:35 AM
I've been thinking about just not accepting new troopers after cleaning out the folks who have left the game.

Seems a shame though. Best part of the game for me has been the troopers.

Ancient Mariner
12-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Well said Osiris. To make thing worse, Arena is having an impact on players using their champion troopers as I'm obviously collecting trooper badges much slower despite using all my troopers daily.

We need to either use multiple troopers and/or fastpass battles without going thru the same stuffs.

Anyway,

I second this, it takes a lot to use all of the 50 troopers we have.
Now with also the incoming arena, it's gonna be hard to be after all those badges (which is by the way also annoying to achieve, since it means you neverending have to grind the same old stages without even playing yourself, but making the A.I. - which is not that I. at all xD - do the job for you).

Both suggestions posted above would be a good solution imho

osiris0000
12-30-2016, 12:31 PM

Anyway,

Yes, i can relate to this. Because i have also noticed a big reduce on trooper points i got from my troopers everyday - after the day PVP Beta started. I used to get around at least 1000 points each day, nowadays it is around 500 maybe 600. And %90 of them are my solid & daily active troopers for long time. I know the reason is my troopers are trying to be competitive on PVP Arena.

We certainly need a balance about average-daily-time spend on this game for players. PVP Arena is fun - but every new-module on game makes the average time longer.

Since PVP Beta came, i don't even remember when i have played LOL Dungeons. I have stopped moving my 4* characters to 5*. I just play to finish all my troopers on campaign levels & participate on PVP Beta as much as i can.

But how it will be when Brave New World come out for talismans? We already have many daily duties:

*Finish 50 troopers
*Finish Secret Locations
*Play LOL Dungeons to collect some 3* evo shards for moving your remaining 4*s to 5*
*Play PVP Beta Arena to keep being competitive

Add one more..

*Play Brave New World levels to farm new talismans & runes

This will be a full-time job.

Nicko
12-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes, i can relate to this. Because i have also noticed a big reduce on trooper points i got from my troopers everyday - after the day PVP Beta started. I used to get around at least 1000 points each day, nowadays it is around 500 maybe 600. And %90 of them are my solid & daily active troopers for long time. I know the reason is my troopers are trying to be competitive on PVP Arena.

We certainly need a balance about average-daily-time spend on this game for players. PVP Arena is fun - but every new-module on game makes the average time longer.

Since PVP Beta came, i don't even remember when i have played LOL Dungeons. I have stopped moving my 4* characters to 5*. I just play to finish all my troopers on campaign levels & participate on PVP Beta as much as i can.

But how it will be when Brave New World come out for talismans? We already have many daily duties:

*Finish 50 troopers
*Finish Secret Locations
*Play LOL Dungeons to collect some 3* evo shards for moving your remaining 4*s to 5*
*Play PVP Beta Arena to keep being competitive

Add one more..

*Play Brave New World levels to farm new talismans & runes

This will be a full-time job.

Same here. Trooper badges coming a little slower (at least we are in control of half our Trooper points by playing ourselves), and I've completely ignored LoL

I suggested before having a "Trooper slot" for PvP similar to the slot for Eddies in the campaign. I can understand why they don't let us use Troopers for PvP, but it would be nice to have a slot so they can "tag along" like an Eddie in the campaign and we get Trooper points even if we're not using the character

FlyingV
12-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Same here. Trooper badges coming a little slower (at least we are in control of half our Trooper points by playing ourselves), and I've completely ignored LoL

I suggested before having a "Trooper slot" for PvP similar to the slot for Eddies in the campaign. I can understand why they don't let us use Troopers for PvP, but it would be nice to have a slot so they can "tag along" like an Eddie in the campaign and we get Trooper points even if we're not using the character

My trooper list looks like a window sill upon which the dead houseflies strewn about. I am finding 5%-10% dead weight on my list daily now- absent 3 or more days. That shouldn't mean much in general except my troopers were finally honed and selected for their daily support. Absent one, maybe two exceptions, I had a run for a couple of months of solid daily players. Now I am purging long-standing and formerly-loyal players who have since deserted, and I have been doing so for the past week or so.

Nicko
12-31-2016, 07:43 PM
My trooper list looks like a window sill upon which the dead houseflies strewn about. I am finding 5%-10% dead weight on my list daily now- absent 3 or more days. That shouldn't mean much in general except my troopers were finally honed and selected for their daily support. Absent one, maybe two exceptions, I had a run for a couple of months of solid daily players. Now I am purging long-standing and formerly-loyal players who have since deserted, and I have been doing so for the past week or so.

There's also a lot less activity on this forum. Without new content not much to discuss...