PDA

View Full Version : New Year Gift?

Leo_ID
12-30-2016, 04:00 AM
After all the nerfing of the game and many players left the game, is it safe to wish that the devs have something to surprise us on 1-1-2017? Not sure what I want, but I wish there will be a positive surprise that can reattract retired endgamers to play this game again, like:

- new quest
- new dungeon
- all promised contents come to live
- free ironites
- free stacks of rare souls
- more stacks of legendary souls
- massive buff to the game
- all bugs magically disappeared

Okay, I think I wish too much.....

Rodrikamikaze
12-30-2016, 04:52 AM
Lol dont worry im sure youre nota the only one that wants all of that

blade685
12-30-2016, 08:53 AM
one day dev will do something real usefull on that game i think ...perhaps.......

FlyingV
12-30-2016, 08:57 AM
After all the nerfing of the game and many players left the game, is it save to wish that the devs have something to surprise us on 1-1-2017?

Clearly "save" is a typo of yours.

If you meant "is it safe to wish..." my answer is "yes" it is perfectly safe to wish whatever you want.

If you meant "is it sane to wish..." my answer is "no" it is utterly insane to believe that a team that thinks selling us a limited availability lottery character we can scarcely afford or have room for is doing us a service would ever consider for a moment the notion of giving us a thing. X-mas was their chance for generosity and they blew it.

Leo_ID
12-30-2016, 09:35 AM
Clearly "save" is a typo of yours.

If you meant "is it safe to wish..." my answer is "yes" it is perfectly safe to wish whatever you want.

Edited! Thanks

Sorry, English is not my native language

FilipMurray
12-30-2016, 10:06 AM
The real gift would be:

666 Ironites and 6 Rare Souls.

or

666 Ironites and 1 Legedary Soul

or (most possible)

100 Ironites and 1 Rare Soul

:)

tex-0775
12-30-2016, 11:23 AM
I guess you could say that we are owed something good, but it'll probably be something like this...

Happy New Year

tex

MrFreeze
12-30-2016, 01:27 PM
I can only remember 2 times were the devs gave out a "gift". It was for 250 ironite and it hasn't happened for a while. Other games give you stuff all the time for things like extended maintenance periods. Not this game.

Demoonchild
12-30-2016, 01:37 PM
It would be great to have a End-Year/New Year surprise from the devs, whatever would be appreciated.

Cheers and have a nice time members and Devs!

maxdeviations
12-30-2016, 02:20 PM
yes - i would love an ox cultist right about now.

slauki
12-30-2016, 06:42 PM
we have struggeled a lot with this game, so i really don't understand, why we don't get some gifts from time to time. christmas would have been perfect for this, but no "let's try to milk the players for more money" the management seems to think.

In every other game there are some gifts to appreciate the time players are spending on the game and to keep them playing of course. This would be really good for LOTB , since we had some very hard months without new content and with the same annoying issues over and over.

at least 2017 could be very promising, if they fullfill what they have announced... so lets hope the best for the game, it's about time.

FlyingV
12-30-2016, 11:34 PM
we have struggeled a lot with this game, so i really don't understand, why we don't get some gifts from time to time. christmas would have been perfect for this, but no "let's try to milk the players for more money" the management seems to think.

In every other game there are some gifts from to appreciate the time players are spending on the game and to keep them playing of course. This would be really good for LOTB , since we had some very hard months without new content and with the same annoying issues over and over.

at least 2017 could be very promising, if they fullfill what they have announced... so lets hope the best for the game, it's about time.

We don't get such gifts or concessions because management has adopted an opposing strategy, plain and simple. We have had multiple opportunities/holidays/impediments where a generous, conciliatory, or even a mixed strategy could or would have been presented had it been in management's philosophy or interests.

It does not happen because "they" don't believe it should happen or "they" believe some callous deprivation strategy is more beneficial to their interests. I don't go around on sites advocating boycotts, but the powers that be have earned a special place on my own 'shit-list'.

A team can be stingy bastards and release an amazing product. My loyalty will be tied strictly to the performance/content released. A team can be generous and grant damage control concessions for their fuckups. My loyalty there gravitates to the team for trying to support its supporters through the bumps. When a team can neither deliver performance/content, nor can they show any generosity or concession for their own mistakes, they deserve no loyalty from me. And when a team stubbornly persists in taking advantage of its players as in this case (with multiple unanounced nerfs, added bugs, tightened RNG, and exploitive promotions) they deserve a spotlight as to why I and perhaps others should no longer provide them with job security.

Nicko
12-31-2016, 12:36 AM
Always a glass is half full type, I will say the surprise unveiling of Achievements in October - which resulted in Skillshards, souls, an awesome GR Eddie, and unique Talismans - was pretty cool and very much appreciated

RCarter
12-31-2016, 01:47 AM
I will say the surprise unveiling of Achievements in October - which resulted in Skillshards, souls, an awesome GR Eddie, and unique Talismans - was pretty cool and very much appreciated

I totally agree with that sentiment. That was about the single coolest thing that has happened since I started playing this game.

I was also bummed out by the lackluster Christmas "event." Coalgiver's list is sweet, but the wickerdeer lacked imagination. Especially fron an art group that can make some cool looking stuff. Gotta give props to the snowman. The big guys interactions with the small ones is pretty cool.

Not trying to come off nitpicking, it just seemed like something that was thrown together at the last second out of obligation. I know the team didnt have to do a damn thing, just like I dont have to play this game.

When all of the content in development goes live, this game will become a hell of a time sink. I would hate for the thing with the most potential, the Trooper system, to take a hit.

Coletrain
12-31-2016, 02:53 AM
Always a glass is half full type, I will say the surprise unveiling of Achievements in October - which resulted in Skillshards, souls, an awesome GR Eddie, and unique Talismans - was pretty cool and very much appreciated
This was definitely a nice surprise and I think it could be fleshed out even more:

Kill the beast with a meathead
Freeze/Blind/Paralyze x amount of enemies
Use a healing move x amount of times
Revive x amount of allies