PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right...

Lord Schmeb
12-31-2016, 11:36 PM
This simply can't be right... can it?

(Tried to post pic, but just like the game, there was error after error, so you'll just have to visualize it...)

I've spent TWENTY FIVE Skill Shards on my GR Eddie and not a single one has gone into his furry. Of course, the shitty attacks that nobody uses are full to the brim...

There's no way it is just bad luck; WTF is going on here? This is a statistical impossibility at this point!

Aristo4
01-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Shit happens. What else cant it be? The worse I had so far was 13 to score one on Tailgunners Fury. Similar to the Cyborg for his Beam attack.

BTW, if you really spent 25 and GR takes 28 shards, 1 should already have landed on his fury.

Lord Schmeb
01-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Shit happens. What else cant it be? The worse I had so far was 13 to score one on Tailgunners Fury. Similar to the Cyborg for his Beam attack.

BTW, if you really spent 25 and GR takes 28 shards, 1 should already have landed on his fury.

I was just going by the numbers on the skills themselves -- I didn't realize that they all started with 1. So I guess I've only spent 20. Either way, I still wonder if it's really unbelievable bad luck, or something else... I mean, I'm no math major, but that's got to be some insane odds.

PS-RagE
01-01-2017, 04:01 PM
I was just going by the numbers on the skills themselves -- I didn't realize that they all started with 1. So I guess I've only spent 20. Either way, I still wonder if it's really unbelievable bad luck, or something else... I mean, I'm no math major, but that's got to be some insane odds.

None of the 8 skill shards that I've applied to my Grim Reaper have affected his Fury either <shrug>.

Nekroliun
01-01-2017, 04:05 PM
As much as i hate to admit it, its all random, the game isnt plotting against us...

But i agree that its frustrating, especially when you know that there are people that used (whatever number u need to max the fury) and they all landed on the fury without missing...

slauki
01-01-2017, 07:25 PM
if my math is right the chances that this happends are 0,34% (24/28*23/27*22/26 ...*5/9).

In other words this will happend 3,4 times out of one thousand times. Sure this seems unlucky but that's the problem with randomness.

you get lucky sometimes and you get unlucky sometimes. But most people only remember the unlucky freaking occurences and
forget about the lucky ones... if 50.000 people skill grimreaper 170 will have the same results like you.

Olevipoeg
01-02-2017, 11:52 AM
None of the 8 skill shards that I've applied to my Grim Reaper have affected his Fury either <shrug>.
Same here. I mostly use Slash and Fury and i haven't succeeded to put single skill point in this two skills. Used 11 skill shards already.

scott-5496
01-03-2017, 11:25 AM
I have not yet had the kind of split on any of mine though I have had it where 90% are on one skill and none on another - then it tend to sort itself out and spread out more. Skill shards take so much effort to get and I really don't want to spend money on it - I am really trying to stop spending a lot on this game as I never have huge luck with soul purchases - my best characters often come from 'free' souls and even had a few skill shards in loot over last couple of weeks which was nice.

Shifter
01-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Fortunately for me the first 4 went to my GR Fury, However it wasn't until the 25th-28th one that any went into slash.

Lord Schmeb
01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Update: I have one more Skill Shard to go before I MUST get a point in Fury. Oh, what a glorious day it will be to hit for over 400 with my Elite Character that I've spent countless weeks, days, hours, and sadly, dollars on...

I'm secretly waiting/anticipating a sudden NERF on GRE, but not until the day after I finally max his SS's out.

Yes, I'm a negative Nancy.