PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Golden Sun

The Ancient Mariner
01-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Now that shield talisman are back I've been able to put a set on my assassin golden sun and max him out finally as well as his skills. I've read that pairing him with a warrior golden sun is a great combo, any suggestions on what talisman setup would work best?

Ionswarm
01-06-2017, 10:53 PM
I have six shields on my assassin and six burns on my warrior. Together they are known as "Turn & Burn". 8)

I like a sure thang.

mjmxiii
01-06-2017, 10:59 PM
I have 2 Golden Son Assassins 5* LVL 100, each with a set of Assassin talismans. One has a set of vampirics with maxed everything (devastating) and the other has a set of death talismans... two are better than one! :D

Waiting to 5* my Warrior Golden Son until I can get a set of explosive talismans going... have him sitting with an invisibility (3 x Will) set and two explosives at the moment but that's just my preference. He used to have all Strength Talismans early on until I got more chars. Iron talismans might be a good fit as well.

DEF is a weakness to address with both but two of the better chars in the game IMO. Golden Son's are all great in their own way. Trying to collect their Sentinel and Gunner brothers!

Kardas
01-07-2017, 11:49 AM
I had the Warrior GS for some time and got the Assassin one this Christmas, so I've been mulling over their Talisman loadouts for a bit.

I have a Trooper whose Warrior GS is absolutely rad with 6 Burning Talis (actually Ionswarm, I think it's you), but it's a squishy setup. I think personally, I'll try 2 Burning, 2 Strength and a red and green.

I've also looked at my Troopers' Assassin GS and I've not only seen people use Vampiric (a bit pointless, considering his Power move?) but also a Void set. Does anyone have any opinions on that?

Nine
01-07-2017, 12:12 PM
If you want unlimited Power you could always throw an Energy set in there. I ran my Warrior GS with one Burning and one Energy set for quite some time and usually turn to him again for LoL.

I am still in the progress of leveling Talismans so results might depend on your progress but for me Void Talismans on the Assassin GS are incredible (farming GoD manually at the moment). They proc every round for everyone in the party, reflecting 50% of the damage received to each enemy. While the shields certainly help proctecting quishier characters the damage output is also quite nice. Frost Talismans are also highly recommended if you want CC. The damage might suffer a bit, but that basically got me through UW/Madness the first time.

Regarding Vampiric Talismans: I have a maxed Trooper who uses them and his Golden Son is basically invincible. For the Power Move you have to spend a turn and take the risk of getting dispelled so they make sense. I still prefer Void Talismans for the reasons stated above: more support and higher damage.

Speaking of Burning Talismans: What exactly does the damage of the burns scale with? And does anybody have an idea how the proc chance of multiple sets is acculated - I guess for each set individually...?

Kardas
01-07-2017, 12:17 PM
If you want unlimited Power you could always throw an Energy set in there. I ran my Warrior GS with one Burning and one Energy set for quite some time and usually turn to him again for LoL.
Energy sets probably work great for the Sentinel Son too

I am still in the progress of leveling Talismans so results might depend on your progress but for me Void Talismans on the Assassin GS are incredible (farming GoD manually at the moment). They proc every round for everyone in the party, reflecting 50% of the damage received to each enemy. While the shields certainly help proctecting quishier characters the damage output is also quite nice. Frost Talismans are also highly recommended if you want CC. The damage might suffer a bit, but that basically got me through UW/Madness the first time.

Regarding Vampiric Talismans: I have a maxed Trooper who uses them and his Golden Son is basically invincible. For the Power Move you have to spend a turn and take the risk of getting dispelled so they make sense. I still prefer Void Talismans for the reasons stated above: more support and higher damage.
Thanks for the advice! I'll give my Assassin son a Void set and see how he fares with it.

Speaking of Burning Talismans: What exactly does the damage of the burns scale with? And does anybody have an idea how the proc chance of multiple sets is acculated - I guess for each set individually...?
The set bonus on Burning Talismans states that it inflicts physical burns, so I assume it scales with your ATK.

Nine
01-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Energy sets probably work great for the Sentinel Son too

Yeah, they do indeed, although it is barely a comparison to the Warrior (and thus the Assassin as well) due to them having three times the amount of hits. Putting a second set on the Sentinel would be my sole reason to evolve him to 5* stars - his damage seems next to nothing anyways and he is immortal with his health shield even at 4/80 - any thoughts on that?

The set bonus on Burning Talismans states that it inflicts physical burns, so I assume it scales with your ATK.

I assume that, too. But I am not sure if I read somewhere here that the burn damage also depends on enemy's max health. Judging from how fast I burn through LoL bosses with a more or less decent GS I would think that is the case. Would be interesting if anybody did some more detailed testing or knows for certain.

mjmxiii
01-07-2017, 09:28 PM
I prefer the Vampiric Talismans on the Golden Assassin for exactly what Nine said. It's a waste of a turn and power on the Immortality move for an effect that can be stolen by enemies. The Vampirics trigger more often than not and usually give an almost uncountable amount of power ups of over 2200 HP to your Golden Son when maxed up. I rarely use Endure as fully maxed with Vampirics, the Assassin Golden Son is very hard to beat.

The Void Shield is cool too. I use a set on my Warrior Troll as its a nice compliment to the rest of his many passive shields. It also triggers more often than not and when paired together, really makes for a formidable true damage "attack all enemies" two strike team. I will usually use whatever Eddie is on my team to clean up the trash after the first two strikes and move through most levels in one turn. The exception being a missed perfect hit. A great team to auto farm with!

Ionswarm
01-08-2017, 05:17 AM
I have a Trooper whose Warrior GS is absolutely rad with 6 Burning Talis (actually Ionswarm, I think it's you), but it's a squishy setup. I think personally, I'll try 2 Burning, 2 Strength and a red and green.

I've also looked at my Troopers' Assassin GS and I've not only seen people use Vampiric (a bit pointless, considering his Power move?) but also a Void set. Does anyone have any opinions on that?

Hey Kardas, yes that's likely mine. He looks squishy on paper but I never seem to have any issues with his health levels. When I'm in the driver's seat on LOL X, I pair him with two GS assassins, one of which has two sets of voids shields. He never takes serious damage because that team kills almost everything in one round. The double void set triggers every time and moderates any damage from first round survivors. When auto farming, I pair him with a maxed Hellhound and the AI is smart enough to use the lifesteal ability when needed. And five rounds of lifesteal gets the GS warrior through anything.

Hope that provides some useful info.

Kardas
01-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Yeah, unfortunately for the longest time my best Warrior was the PSS. And my experience is based on bringing your GS to Light Bringer Madness and Hard. Those Trolls can still wreck you if you're not careful.

IceManFerrar
01-24-2017, 04:15 PM
I was able to level up my Warrior Golden Son and applied 6 "Strength" Talismans to him. After maxing out ALL Talismans to 50, it resulted in his attack stat to be 914+3129. Very impressive I must say...I am 4 Skill shards away from maxing him out completely, but even at this point, his Basic skill is nearly as devastating as my fully-maxed out champion Wickerman's Power "Devastate" skill.

Having no Green Talismans does mean that his health is only 7202+6852, but usually between him and my Wickerman the enemies don't get a chance to hit back. Else I always use my Soldier Eddie's Heal ability to restore their health.

treeb0mbb
01-24-2017, 04:31 PM
I was able to level up my Warrior Golden Son and applied 6 "Strength" Talismans to him. After maxing out ALL Talismans to 50, it resulted in his attack stat to be 914+3129. Very impressive I must say...I am 4 Skill shards away from maxing him out completely, but even at this point, his Basic skill is nearly as devastating as my fully-maxed out champion Wickerman's Power "Devastate" skill.

Having no Green Talismans does mean that his health is only 7202+6852, but usually between him and my Wickerman the enemies don't get a chance to hit back. Else I always use my Soldier Eddie's Heal ability to restore their health.

Dang I have a couple of Warrior Golden Sons myself. After reading all of this I think I'm gonna try to max him out a bit as my team could really use a hardhitter. Hopefully he will fit good in my team