PDA

View Full Version : Rare soul pricing way too high?

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 07:16 PM
If you buy the "best value" rare mega pack you get 10 rare souls for $20 worth of ironite. That puts the lowest price for a rare soul at $2. From my experience and what I've read the drop rate for a 4* character is 1 in 10, and a 5* is 1 in 50 at best. That puts the value of a single 4* character at $20! And a 5* character is worth $100! On top of that half of the 4* characters and many of the 5* characters aren't even that good, and you often get duplicates. Now I really enjoy the game and think there's a lot of potential in the future, but this kind of pricing seems crazy to me. Of course you can not spend any money and get lucky, but a big part of the enjoyment of this game for me is getting the characters I want to build my team and invest the very hard earned and limited resources I have to level them up. What do you guys think?

Atheist
07-30-2016, 07:26 PM
It's just one of the games that have expensive sales. If you are playing lots of games on mobile and/or facebook-kongrate and etc you know how it goes....
I find the prices also a bit high for what they offer but anyway I've seen far worse pricing. Just wait for offers, such as this one currently running with the Legendary bundle stuff

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 07:33 PM
It's almost like you've never played a freemium game before.

The good thing aout this game you don't NEED to buy any pack to play it, it's optional. You can finish the game without spending money (I did).

I think that people compare apples with oranges, and it's obviusly an unfair comparison, you for example compare this game with console games.

Do you play CoD or any other game like that? Do you buy supply drops?
Do you play CS:GO? Do you buy boxes?
Do you play NFS? Do you buy DLCs?

See where I'm going?

I do think that Legendary Souls should only drop 5*s. But I don't think the pricing is too high, because you don't NEED to buy it. It's a "luxury".

Atheist
07-30-2016, 07:38 PM

The good thing aout this game you don't NEED to buy any pack to play it, it's optional. You can finish the game without spending money (I did).

I think that people compare apples with oranges, and it's obviusly an unfair comparison, you for example compare this game with console games.

See where I'm going?

I do think that Legendary Souls should only drop 5*s. But I don't think the pricing is too high, because you don't NEED to buy it. It's a "luxury".

CoD? CS:Go? NFS? Which one of these is actually a flash or mobile game? Nobody said about console games, on the contrary I'm talking about Flash games and mobile ones such as LoA (league of angels), DotD (Dawn fo the Dragons), SW (summoners war), MAA (marvel avengers alliance) and this kind of games....

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 07:44 PM
4* drop rate is a lot lower than one in ten. That seems to be the 3* from 2* soul rate.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:03 PM
CoD? CS:Go? NFS? Which one of these is actually a flash or mobile game? Nobody said about console games, on the contrary I'm talking about Flash games and mobile ones such as LoA (league of angels), DotD (Dawn fo the Dragons), SW (summoners war), MAA (marvel avengers alliance) and this kind of games....

if I did not quote your post it means I'm responding to the OP. Your post came out as I was redacting mine.

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 08:07 PM

See where I'm going?

The only other freemium game I played a lot was Sky Force reloaded. The game is 100% satisfying without buying anything but for something like $2 you can remove the ads and for another $2 you can double the amount of stars (in game currency) you get per level to make it easier/faster to upgrade your ship. They don't offer anything for more than $5 I believe. On console games I do occasionally buy DLC, but $20 worth of DLC on a console game is usually a new level, a new area to explore, or guaranteed new weapons/items. Spending $20 in this game gives you a tiny chance at a decent character, but most likely will not add anything to your game experience other than regret and frustration.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:17 PM
I agree that the "chance at a better character" should be removed and give instead a 5*. But I really dont feel that this pack is expensive, because you are not only getting a legendary soul, but also 4 rare souls and 1500 ironites. Maybe if we actually got 2 5*s we'd be saying "this pack is amazing".

Unfortunately this is not the case. I've played a lot of freemium games. I used to play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and maaaan, that game was terrible. And I've spent a lot of money there. I think it's too soon to question prices in this game. It's only been a month since global release, for now I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. I'm really enjoying the game and as I said before, you don't need to buy to win.

12lisa
08-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Itīs only really sad that chances are so low. As comparison: I bought the 4k Ironite pack and had 50 Ironite left from grinding, thus efficiently giving me 60 (!) rare souls, 4 were 4* the rest 3* with lots of duplicates. I was hoping to get at least a 5* one and got disappointed, so statistically the chance on a 5* character is below 1%, as well as the chance on a 4* one. Itīs also already determined what you get from your souls and a "reset" would not change that.

Trystangst
08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't even spend ironite on souls at this point - free or paid. You can get 4 rare souls a week from Trooper points.

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 07:29 PM
I would deff buy a decent amount of souls if they had like a special 40% off day :P

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't even spend ironite on souls at this point - free or paid. You can get 4 rare souls a week from Trooper points.

What he said. It feels like a huge waste, some real nice characters can be found from troopers badges and some peeps have found value in the bargain bin regular purple shards/regular shards. Blue allied soldier, mummy dog, speed of light Eddie, mummy Eddie, run to the hills Eddie, basic Eddie, undead allied soldier, etc.

Dork
08-10-2016, 05:05 AM
I've only ever spent money on a free game once in my life, and it was a browser game. However I did buy a Warriors Founder Pack so that could be construed as spending money on this game I guess :P but I haven't spent money on in-game content.

I'm primarily a console gamer. I think it's a shame that you can't "try before you buy" and I wish more games had betas. I've bought multiple premiere titles and then only spent a few hours playing them... considering the cost of new games, that's a lot of wasted money!

I think freemium games have to "earn" their money... as in, the game I've spent money on (Grepolis) I played that for over a year and invested unbelievable hours into it.

Anyway, Legacy of the Beast is fun and addicting when you're not plagued by bugs. I'll probably pony up some dough for a sale eventually.

Also, as others have said, it's still a really new game and bound to have lots of balancing changes and tweaks and updates before the devs get it the way they want it/imagined it. Growing pains, so to speak. I'm excited to see what's in store down the line.

Sorry I kinda got off-topic :P

Rare souls, I don't know what the drop rate is, but I'm okay with it so far. I think with the game being so new, the diversity of characters is not yet there. I like that they are planning to make duplicates worth more than just gold, I can't wait for that feature.

I can't speak to Legendary souls as I've never had one, but people seem disappointed with getting a 4 star character out of a soul that gives 4 or 5 star characters... that seems a bit whacky to me. Common souls, most common draw is 2-star character. Rare soul, most common draw is a 3-star character. Legendary soul stands to reason that the most common draw would be a 4-star character, so it's not like people should be surprised when they get one. Consider yourself lucky if you get a 5-star (from any soul) but don't expect a 5-star unless they release some sort of new soul whose most common draw is a 5-star character. :P

The Educated fool
08-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Getting a 5* feels a bit like winning the lottery, when it happens... lol

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 12:37 AM
5* chars dont seem THAT rare to me, got 2 since i started, both from rare souls, only missing a 5* eddie right now

Trystangst
08-18-2016, 12:46 AM
5* chars dont seem THAT rare to me, got 2 since i started, both from rare souls, only missing a 5* eddie right now

In probably 50+ rare souls and 1 legendary, I've gotten ONE 4* unit - and one the game gives you for free anyways.

goochklok
08-22-2016, 03:26 AM
I lucked out with a 5 star Samurai Eddie on my very second rare soul. I wasn't even halfway done with the Ailing Kingdom and he powered me through all the way till about halfway through the battlefield before I really needed to start focusing on talismans. But at this point i've gone through like 100 rare souls including trooper souls every week and I got my first 4 star soul not too long ago. It was a Sentinel Pyro Soldier. He's alright for a 4 star, just not sure what to put talismans into for him.