PDA

View Full Version : [Devs please read] The grinding system is beyond broken. NOT A RANT.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:00 PM
As many of you may know, I've been having a lot of problems getting a SINGLE gunner shard. I grinded more than 400 fights in about 4 days and I got it a few hours back.
I wanted to get the shard before I created this post, because I didn't want it to be a rant about drop rates or RNG.

The problem with the shards is not the drop rate (I'll explain at the end) but the lack of places to farm those shards. Right now you can "find any shard on any level" even though some levels show specific shards on their drop rate tab. And that's super broken.

In my 400 fight I got shard from every color, I needed ONE yellow, and I got reds, blues, greens, purples and multicolors ones.

THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!! That's whats wrong with the grinding system. There's no other game like this out there, in any other game you have levels or missions to grind the material you need. This free for all should not exist.

Another thing that's wrong is that harder levels do not give a better chance a getting those shards than the easier ones (Yeah, I'm sure). And I know this because I get more shards from Hard than Madness, I chose to grind Underworld Madness because the gold is a lot better.

I say the drop rate is not the problem because since I unlocked Underworld I got 58 3* shards,

22 multicolor
4 green
6 red
4 blue
6 yellow
16 purple (YEEEEAH!!!! 16)

That's amazing!!!! BUT they where all worthless since I wanted to level up Soldier Eddie. I did not have any good characters for all those other shards, or not the ones I wanted.

SO. This problem has a really simple solution. Implement dedicated levels to farm shards so we know where to go. Remove this free for all nonsense. Don't give "higher chances at getting X shard". Make them exclusive to levels.

We all love the game, in fact, after getting that shard I decided to start spending some money. We want this game to have a long life and multiple updates.
Please don't take this as a rant, it is not. I, and we as a community just want to help and make the game better. I personally think that this is a great way for you to show interest and willingness to change and make things better.

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Why is this a problem? What if they tell you that you can only get your gunner shard on Toys of Death on Hard, but the rate isn't any better than it is now?

You're still at the mercy of RNG, but under your system you're losing out on gold, exp, and any other shards.

You'd actually make it MORE grind-y, as you wouldn't be able to procure shards as you progress, or indeed get ones you might need later.

The only way your system would work is if they increased the drop rates significantly in these specific levels, but it'd still be more grinding than the current system.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:10 PM
EVERY game works like that. If you need something you don't play every level until you get it, you go to the designated level and grind it.

This way it's like you are chasing the shards, when in fact they should be in one place.

And you did not understand what I wrote... I said "shards should be exclusive to levels" NOT CHAPTERS. You have like 12 different levels in every chapter, no progress will be stoped.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:23 PM
You've been farming for 2 2* green shards for two days, right? What if I told you there's ONE level that guarantes those shards? Wouldn't you play it?

I'm sure you wouldn't. Right?

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 08:24 PM
EVERY game works like that. If you need something you don't play every level until you get it, you go to the designated level and grind it.

This way it's like you are chasing the shards, when in fact they should be in one place.

And you did not understand what I wrote... I said "shards should be exclusive to levels" NOT CHAPTERS. You have like 12 different levels in every chapter, no progress will be stoped.

Sure it will. You're saying that Shards ONLY drop on one specific level. If I want that shard, I can't go anywhere else until I get it, unless I want to give up shard hunting. That means no progress.

With the current system, I can find the shard I need on any of a number of levels, though I have no idea if the rates are the same. That allows me to keep clearing the "story" while keeping an eye out for shards.

I'd rather get 1% at any level than 1% only on one level. I'd love to see the rates brought up some (more), but I'd hate to see it all confined to one level unless the rates were much higher on that level.

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 08:26 PM
You've been farming for 2 2* green shards for two days, right? What if I told you there's ONE level that guarantes those shards? Wouldn't you play it?

I'm sure you wouldn't. Right?

Of course I would. I'm still down one. But right now ALL levels supposedly drop them, just at abysmal rates. Not sure how restricting that to one level is better, unless (again) that rates are a lot higher - like 25% chance.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm sure you got other shards while farming for that ONE you need. Right?

The general drop rate is not "abysmal"... The SPECIFIC drop rate is abysmal, because every level drops every shard.

The chances of getting the ONE shard you need is higher because right now you can get any shard on any level. If you had the chance to get only ONE shard in that level you would get THAT shard in the same amount of time that takes you now to get ANY shard.

Understand?

Edit:

I just came out with the simplest explanation.

Let's say that the current drop rate is now 10%

That means that statistically every 10 matches you'll get a shard. Right now, you have a 10% at getting a blue, a red, a green, a yellow or a purple. All those shards in a 10%. So the chances at getting the one you need are less.

BUT if you had specific shards assigned to specific levels every 10 fights you would get the shard that YOU need.

For example, from tomorrow the level "Toys of death" will only drop 2* green shards. With the SAME drop rate, if you play 10 times you'll get a shard.

I'm pretty sure it's clear enough. I can't make it more simple.

Trystangst
07-30-2016, 09:22 PM
As written in your last post, that'd be a welcome change for sure.

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Great post, this highlights one of the biggest issues in the game. If you don't get lucky and get good characters from rare souls you should be able to upgrade your existing characters/talismans by grinding in a reasonable amount of time. It shouldn't take 4 days of constant grinding for a specific shard, it should be more predictable. I've been farming 2 star rainbow evolution runes almost constantly for 4 days and it only dropped once. I got a ton of 1* and a bunch of 3*, but not the ones I need. This prevents me from upgrading any talismans to 3*. I also love your proposed solution.

The Educated fool
07-31-2016, 12:34 AM
Good idea, man. Hope they take it up.

HeadlessHammerhead
07-31-2016, 02:35 AM
It's been 6 days of over 150 plays per day for blue 3* to get my carriage rider eddie to 5*. And I have millions of purple, which are the rarest characters. This is so backwards I can find out what the 'ting with de tree ponce' said.

Vaseodin
07-31-2016, 02:46 AM
I agree. The grinding is getting a bit ridiculous. I played nonstop for over a week to get my mummy Eddie to 5 stars. I mean, NON Stop. I would refill my Sands, power up (refill automatically), and since I'm over level 60 my Sands reach 80. At 5 energy per level, that's 25-30 runs per refill at over 6 refills a day (that's including the time the Sands refill themselves and when you get a sand back after beating a level) that equals between 125-180 runs per day for over 7 days just to get 4 green 3star shards. That's over 1000 runs just for 4 materials. Yeah, I'd say the system needs a tweak.

Beeboo
07-31-2016, 04:00 AM
I got 4 3-star blue evos today from Madness Underworld Matter of Life and Death

Vaseodin
07-31-2016, 05:43 AM

corrected quote: "I got LUCKY From Madness Underwolrd Matter of Life and Death." LOL. Trust me, it doesn't happen often .

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 06:26 AM

This has nothing to do with this discussion. You have at least 2 other post where you can write that.

Let's keep this post on topic.

I'm glad you agree with me, guys. This is the best solution I came up with. Perhaps it's not perfect but it's definitely better than what we have right now, and also fair for the dev team too.

Jennie-5128
07-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Gonzo, another person in agreement with you here

Bombatomica
07-31-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm in your same situation, need 4 yellow 3* shard to upgrade soldier to 5, in a week i got two. I understand the grinding, i put game in automatic and ok, but it is very, very difficult. And i don't want to spend money, sorry, because even if a buy 30 legendary souls the drop rate of the best chara is so low that probably i'll just waste my money (i read what happened to those guys that choose to buy souls). So yes, i', with you too.

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 03:12 PM
Gonzo, another person in agreement with you here

Thx, Jennie. I appreciate it.

I'm in your same situation, need 4 yellow 3* shard to upgrade soldier to 5, in a week i got two. I understand the grinding, i put game in automatic and ok, but it is very, very difficult. And i don't want to spend money, sorry, because even if a buy 30 legendary souls the drop rate of the best chara is so low that probably i'll just waste my money (i read what happened to those guys that choose to buy souls). So yes, i', with you too.

I bought the legendary pack for two reasons, first because it's a way to support the game and second because it is a really good deal. Yeah, I knew I could get bad characters, in fact I did not get a 5*, but I also think that people don't give certain characters the same opportunity.

Bombatomica
07-31-2016, 05:41 PM
i bought it too, 'cause if i like a game i always pay something to thank/support the team. But other than that, i don't think i'll spend more money, for the reason i explained.

SARGERAS
07-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Focused farm? +1

For RNG pulling, I don't think this game have bad RNG. Seriously, by far not the worst. But in other hand, the "discart" of characters is very poor, and is something that I saw in the forums that the devs are looking into it.

Have I been lucky? Yes, but f2p is completely doable. As I already said, the evolve mechanic is SO GREAT that if they implemented cosmetic stuff I would be interest in buying. And if it's true that all characters can be pulled from 3* crystals it's very nice.

Vaseodin
07-31-2016, 07:19 PM
I for one love the idea of dedicated stages for grinding required materials. Most games work that way and it's because that is the most fair way to handle this.

Pat-8186
07-31-2016, 08:29 PM
I say the drop rate is not the problem because since I unlocked Underworld I got 58 3* shards,

22 multicolor
4 green
6 red
4 blue
6 yellow
16 purple (YEEEEAH!!!! 16)

Did you get your four 3* blues in Madness Underworld?

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 08:44 PM
You clearly did not read the post... Stop posting off topic things in this post. Please.

SrG
08-01-2016, 01:50 PM
I've been playing this non-stop since release (level 53), and am now just mindlessly auto-grinding Battlefield madness and underworld hard. Still haven't gathered enough blue evo shards to evolve my super lucky 4-star character draw to level 5. It's getting not fun anymore. Despite what the devs said, it feels like the only way to progress is to pay for upgrade chances. I don't mind supporting the game with a reasonable amount of money for the entertainment value it provides as a mobile game time-killer, like say maybe 5-10 bucks, or even $15-20 if it's really enjoyable. I understand it takes money to develop and support. However, like a lot of f2p games the pricing feels downright exploitative, especially considering it's like you're playing a slot machine with the random element, which was my fear when the game was announced. I don't feel like wasting my time and gambling away more than I'd ever spend on a single non-f2p game. When you see stuff like "Best value - $99.99" for consumables in the in-game store it feels super-gross. That's the nature of f2p, I guess, and why this game is my only exception because of the Maiden theme. I usually avoid these f2p games like the plague. Anyway, just my gut impressions as a first-time f2p rpg game user. It definitely needs some tweaking in the drop area to make it feel less sketchy.

Jennie-5128
08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
SrG: the thing is, if you spend money you still don't get the things you need to evolve, you still have to grind.

SrG
08-01-2016, 03:10 PM
SrG: the thing is, if you spend money you still don't get the things you need to evolve, you still have to grind.

Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles, but in a round about way if you have to buy ironite. I shouldn't have burned all of mine on the rare souls bundles.

Trystangst
08-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles, but in a round about way if you have to buy ironite. I shouldn't have burned all of mine on the rare souls bundles.

The pay options are weird right now. Ironite is almost a waste on rare souls, since you get 4 per week for free just using Troopers. And that's not counting the daily logins and the ironite just from playing.

I've probably used close to 40 rare souls now (normal as well as special), and have yet to get a 4* or 5*. I'd never pay for rare souls at that rate. The conversion rate for Ironite to Gold is poor too...and you get a bunch of gold from secret levels. That only really leaves Sands refills.

Jennie-5128
08-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles
Not to get from 4 > 5 you can't. Or not enough of it to make it worth buying them, anyway.

And yeah, Trystangst, you're right, it's odd. But somebody must be paying for the pay options or they would change them.

SrG
08-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Not to get from 4 > 5 you can't. Or not enough of it to make it worth buying them, anyway.

I need a couple 2* ones, so it would help, but yeah, not worth it.

Stormseye
08-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Im with you Gonzo. Playing since day 1, level 57. I play everyday, use all 50 of my troopers. Spent about 50 bucks so far on ironite. Cleared every zone and farm Underworld Hard/Madness exclusively for my 3* Soldier Evo Shards and still don't have enough. Have evolved my Possessed Mine because I had so many 3* Assassin Evo Shards. Totals to date of 3* Evo Shards

2 Green
3 Blue
2 yellow
9 Red
14 Purple (that is after I evolved Possessed Mine!)
15 Rainbow (Again that is after I evolved Possessed Mine)

Not sure what else I can do but farm. It would be nice if they could change the grind as per your suggestion.

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 03:55 PM

And yeah, Trystangst, you're right, it's odd. But somebody must be paying for the pay options or they would change them.

Correct. There is no option to pay and get you from 4 star to 5 star more quickly. You still have to grind no matter what. Ironite is pretty much good for Sands refills (you have to time them properly so you don't waste them before you level up since they don't stack with the free refill you get after leveling) and gold. Gold goes very quickly when upgrading talismans. VERY quickly.

SrG
08-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Im with you Gonzo. Playing since day 1, level 57. I play everyday, use all 50 of my troopers. Spent about 50 bucks so far on ironite. Cleared every zone and farm Underworld Hard/Madness exclusively for my 3* Soldier Evo Shards and still don't have enough. Have evolved my Possessed Mine because I had so many 3* Assassin Evo Shards. Totals to date of 3* Evo Shards

It's crazy spending 50 bucks on the game for anything and still being stuck on progression. $50 just about what you would pay for a major AAA console or PC game.

Qed
08-02-2016, 12:32 AM
I was probably only lucky but already evolved 5 char to 5* from 3*, i could evolve more (i have the shards) but i don't have the money needed to rise a perfecly fitting talisman set for them.

Kraznoff
08-02-2016, 01:33 AM
I was probably only lucky but already evolved 5 char to 5* from 3*, i could evolve more (i have the shards) but i don't have the money needed to rise a perfecly fitting talisman set for them.

You are very lucky. I'm level 55, have been grinding like mad, and I was able to evolve just one character to level 5. I started with a blue team but had to switch to red simply because 3* blue shards don't drop. I wasted a lot of time and resources on my blue guys.

Matt_LOTB
08-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Hi Gonzo (and hi to all the other commenters in this thread!!)

My name is Matt - I'm the producer on Legacy of the Beast. I expect you'll start to see me hanging around here a little more over the coming weeks, as I plan to stop by whenever I have a minute or two to breathe.

First up, I wanted to say thanks for your feedback, and I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the game. We put a lot of work into building it, and we really appreciate that you're digging into it and letting us know how you think we can improve it!

In regards to that feedback:

The problem with the shards is not the drop rate (I'll explain at the end) but the lack of places to farm those shards. Right now you can "find any shard on any level" even though some levels show specific shards on their drop rate tab. And that's super broken.

I wanted to let you know that we are absolutely on the same page you are here. Several members of the dev team are in the same situation - (I haven't been able to upgrade my campaign Eddies past 3* yet!). So we completely agree with you that there needs to be a clear path to farm upgrade materials in the game. It's among the team's top priorities right now to provide one. In the short term, we've added the upgrade packs to the in-game store to try and alleviate some of this pinch, but we recognise that an in app purchase isn't a solution for everyone. And of course there was the drop rate update (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?285-July-19th-update-(Android-293820-iOS-293903)) we did earlier in July. Still, neither of those completely solve the problem, and we get that.

So, let me set your mind at ease a little bit. The team is currently working on a new feature to directly address this issue, and we hope to have that ready to go and in your hands soon. These things take time to make, though, and there are lots of other things that we're trying to fix and improve every day too, so please bear with us a little longer. :)

Like you, the dev team wants nothing more than for this game to have a long and vibrant life, with lots of updates and shiny new things to explore. So please continue submitting your feedback here on the forum, I promise we're listening!

And thanks for sticking with us through the growing pains.

Cheers,
-M

Stormseye
08-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Great to hear! Consider tossing up an introduction Sticky so everyone can see you and this information post doesn't get missed by some.

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Great to hear! Consider tossing up an introduction Sticky so everyone can see you and this information post doesn't get missed by some.

They have done that in the founders forum.

Jennie-5128
08-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Thank you for such a long response, Matt

HeadlessHammerhead
08-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Whew. That's all I wanted to hear. Thanks, MATT_LOTB.

Stormseye
08-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Cool. Sadly I dont think I have access to that forum and not sure if everyone else does either.

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 01:41 PM
I certainly don't, not being a founder and all.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Yeah, the Devs all introduced themselves in the Founders Forum, and I agree they should do the same here.

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Yeah, the Devs all introduced themselves in the Founders Forum, and I agree they should do the same here.
It's the golden rule:he who has (or supplies) the gold makes the rules.

Flann
08-03-2016, 02:21 PM
@Matt_LotB
It is good to finally hear from the actual development team and know that this issue is being addressed. However, it is akin to fixing the TV in the lounge while the ship is on fire and sinking. Account corruption, game crashes, Facebook looping and other bugs should have precedence. I have noticed an increase in the posts saying that they will be asking for a refund. I am not to that point yet. But I am looking for the life vests and the nearest emergency exit.

Vaseodin
08-03-2016, 03:50 PM
It's the golden rule:he who has (or supplies) the gold makes the rules.

LOL. Very true.

Matt_LOTB
08-03-2016, 05:43 PM
@Matt_LotB
It is good to finally hear from the actual development team and know that this issue is being addressed. However, it is akin to fixing the TV in the lounge while the ship is on fire and sinking. Account corruption, game crashes, Facebook looping and other bugs should have precedence. I have noticed an increase in the posts saying that they will be asking for a refund. I am not to that point yet. But I am looking for the life vests and the nearest emergency exit.

Hi Flann,

We've noticed this too - I assure you we're not letting these things slide either. The three specific issues you've mentioned all have people dedicated to them on the team, and we're working to get them solved alongside our new feature development. Our team size is big enough that we're able to have people doing both. Admittedly, the account corruption and Facebook loop bugs both took us by surprise, as we didn't see them during our testing phase at all. We jumped on both the moment they came to our attention.

Crashes require ongoing attention, and we include stability fixes and device optimizations to address them with every update we send out the door.

My hope is that you'll find our next update improves your game experience across the board.

Thanks for your feedback,
-M

(unrelated, where would you all prefer I post my introduction? Just over in the "introduce yourself" thread?)

Vaseodin
08-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Thank you for the clarification!

Qed
08-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Do you have a release date or indication for the next update?

Matt_LOTB
08-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Do you have a release date or indication for the next update?

Unfortunately I can't announce specific release dates, but I can tell you that you can expect the next update very soon.

-M

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 07:19 PM
I just got updated. In the middle of a level.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Haha. I got updated in the middle of a purchase.

Flann
08-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Hey Matt
I do thoroughly enjoy the game and have noticed a dramatic increase in stability. As long as I don't use a Trooper that is. Iplayed several times in each world with my own allies and zero problems. 1st time with a Trooper; server connection error. I appreciate the hard work you all have done and are doing to correct the issues. I will suggest taking a page from Blizzard and at the very least preforming scheduled weekly server restarts to all out 6 hour maintenance days. That way everyone will know when not to even try to play. Just sayin.

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Haha. I got updated in the middle of a purchase.
You got it worse than me then, poor thing.

kryton
08-03-2016, 08:02 PM
I would like to thank Gonzo for starting a great thread. A lot of good points were made regarding the game. Also thanks to everyone with there input.
Thank You Matt for posting your thoughts. It is always great to see a dev posting in the forum,but I would also like to point out that please don't forget us over here in the non-founders forum. Some of us just did not have the extra money to shell out for the founders pack,wish I did but it is what it is at the moment.

Love the Game,Play all the Time and already can't wait for the next big update and fixes.

Jessiah
08-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks Gonzo for bringing this issue up and Matt_LOTB (the dev) for giving us a heads up on the coming re-balance.

Agreed on the RNG system being a punch to the throat. Part of the the reason I haven't spent any money yet in the game.
I've been auto-grinding ToD on Battlefield MAD for the past 3 days and half of the drops have either been one star trash or common souls, the next forty percent is talismans, runes, and XP shards-- the remaining 1/10 is evo shards with the majority either being 2* shards or rainbow (21 of those 3* shards so far). I've only gotten all my main characters up to 4* in the past 5 days and have acquired the needed shards to upgrade my Solider Eddie and Allied Soldier green to 5* in the last 2.
The next class is purple with 4 3* shards, then Blue with 2 and last Red with a single 3* shard.
I'm currently at level 54, 70% of hitting the next and have been playing for over 20 days.

While we're waiting for the RNG re-balance there's a couple of tweaks in the meantime that might be simpler to code that could be made (even if only temporary) as ANTI-FRUSTRATION features:
1.) No one * drops on KOTS MAD, and Battlefield MAD
2.) In the 3* unlock levels have dedicated color evo shard drops in addition to the random drops. (Red for AilK, Blue for KOTS, etc.)

HeadlessHammerhead
08-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Dang happened again! I was fighting the Beast on Madness and had him bent over my lap, pants at his ankles, and I was giving him a good spanking, when "BAM!" RESTART NOW FOR GAME UPDATE. Son of a mother!

Matt_LOTB
08-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Dang happened again! I was fighting the Beast on Madness and had him bent over my lap, pants at his ankles, and I was giving him a good spanking, when "BAM!" RESTART NOW FOR GAME UPDATE. Son of a mother!

Sorry about that.

We're still working out the kinks in the game's live tunability / events system. The system isn't fully mature yet, and it's not without it's hiccups. We'll try to keep that to a minimum.

-M

Kaijester
08-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Same here. The update appear right after I defeated the Beast. Sigh.

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Thanks Gonzo for bringing this issue up and Matt_LOTB (the dev) for giving us a heads up on the coming re-balance.

Agreed on the RNG system being a punch to the throat. Part of the the reason I haven't spent any money yet in the game.
I've been auto-grinding ToD on Battlefield MAD for the past 3 days and half of the drops have either been one star trash or common souls, the next forty percent is talismans, runes, and XP shards-- the remaining 1/10 is evo shards with the majority either being 2* shards or rainbow (21 of those 3* shards so far). I've only gotten all my main characters up to 4* in the past 5 days and have acquired the needed shards to upgrade my Solider Eddie and Allied Soldier green to 5* in the last 2.
The next class is purple with 4 3* shards, then Blue with 2 and last Red with a single 3* shard.
I'm currently at level 54, 70% of hitting the next and have been playing for over 20 days.

While we're waiting for the RNG re-balance there's a couple of tweaks in the meantime that might be simpler to code that could be made (even if only temporary) as ANTI-FRUSTRATION features:
1.) No one * drops on KOTS MAD, and Battlefield MAD
2.) In the 3* unlock levels have dedicated color evo shard drops in addition to the random drops. (Red for AilK, Blue for KOTS, etc.)

I, for one, don't agree with the 1* drops. they have their purpose and I'd rather they drop constantly than having to go to a crappy level and get crap rewards for the sake of having a chance at getting a 1* or 2* evo item. I think a reduction in the drop rate for that would be the best answer. an all-out drop to 0 chance of getting it doesn't seem like it will help in the long run.

Bombatomica
08-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks very much DEVS for your attention, i hope you'll be able to fix this system.
In the meantime, i can evolve 3 red character at 5, i have plenty of red shards of all tipe. But NONE of yellow and blue, ugh... :( Same with rune, i can evolve red ones at ease, but for green and blue, i'm stuck at 4. Have you symphathy for red color? XD

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 01:34 PM

I would like to thank Gonzo for starting a great thread. A lot of good points were made regarding the game.

We all did it, guys. I just addressed an issue that was really serious and tried to keep the thread in topic (although some might find that offensive).

I'm glad Matt was able to post. This kind of feedback is what's going to make this game even better.

Jessiah
08-06-2016, 03:52 PM
I, for one, don't agree with the 1* drops. they have their purpose and I'd rather they drop constantly than having to go to a crappy level and get crap rewards for the sake of having a chance at getting a 1* or 2* evo item. I think a reduction in the drop rate for that would be the best answer. an all-out drop to 0 chance of getting it doesn't seem like it will help in the long run.

Point. Perhaps cutting the drop rate of 1 * star items to 10% would a be better balance tweak for the Madness levels after AilK.

Perhaps some farming improvement options could be introduced into the the store? (Ie. For x number of battles, only evo shards will drop); For x number of battles, no 1 * items will drop; et_al. Perhaps these items could be bought using trooper badges?
Right now the only real use I have for it is grinding out skill shards.

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Trying to find particular talismans, even common ones is a nightmare ATM. I have no idea how I'll ever see a set of matched guard, energy, paralysis, etc.

Jessiah
08-10-2016, 08:44 AM
I've been auto-grinding Combat Red on Madness since the recent server side update hit.
The drops have now entered the FUBAR convention.
NOT A SINGLE, SOLITARY, EVO SHARD, 2 STARS OR HIGHER in over 30 runs!
60% is now 1* drops be it runes and talismans or common souls, no XP shards, and 4 1* evo shards as a taunt!

If I was a paying customer (which I'm not so long as I am essentially playing a beta product that needs heavy QA)
you would be getting a response from me that takes inspiration from Gunnery Sargent Hartman.

This Time Rift Dungeon thing that fixes the Evo shard drops had better not be paid DLC, or I'll quit on the spot.

Dutch
08-10-2016, 08:48 AM
I've been auto-grinding Combat Red on Madness since the recent server side update hit.
The drops have now entered the FUBAR convention.
NOT A SINGLE, SOLITARY, EVO SHARD, 2 STARS OR HIGHER in over 30 runs!
60% is now 1* drops be it runes and talismans or common souls, no XP shards, and 4 1* evo shards as a taunt!

If I was a paying customer (which I'm not so long as I am essentially playing a beta product that needs heavy QA)
you would be getting a response from me that takes inspiration from Gunnery Sargent Hartman.

This Time Rift Dungeon thing that fixes the Evo shard drops had better not be paid DLC, or I'll quit on the spot.

I have gotten a few 2* evo shards and xp shards in shadow of the valley this morning, so try that one, the drop rates have definitely become dreadful tho

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Only 1* EVO shards for me as well, and only two of those. And not a single xp shard. Not one. Shedloads of runes I can't use yet because all my talismans are bottlenecked waiting for 1* rainbow EVO runes to go up from 20 though

* le sigh *

ngoni
08-23-2016, 06:18 AM
It is a slap in the face to be clearing the most difficult content in the game and get 1* loot. When it takes 80 sands just to farm up a single 3* rainbow evo shard and each of your 30 talismans takes 9 each that's pushing six months just to complete a single set.

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 06:41 AM
I think you are mistaking evo shards with evo runes.

You've got 30 talismans ready to rank up???

I've got plenty of those of those, when you say "clearing the most difficult content in the game" I assume you are farming Underworld Madness... Try Battlefield Madness I farmed that for gold and I have 2 stacks of evo RUNES. Maybe the drop rates are better there.

I don't see many people having problems with those.

Either way, 30 talismans is a 5 character team, when you only use 3 or 4. I don't level up every talisman, I move them first and then decide whether to upgrade them or not.

Dutch
08-23-2016, 10:11 AM
im having issues in getting them as well, i currently only have 3 3* rainbow evo runes, they dont seem to drop anywhere for me, i havbe tons of talismans stuck at lvl 40

bridgetocross
08-23-2016, 05:18 PM
im having issues in getting them as well, i currently only have 3 3* rainbow eve runes, they dont seem to drop anywhere for me, i havbe tons of talismans stuck at lvl 40

I have found the best place to get them is Powerslave on Madness. I know it doesn't say they drop but I have 5-6 that have dropped from there since the last update. Normally if I farm using all 80 sands, I will usually get at least one. I know not the greatest rate, but I have tried all different levels and this seems to be the best one for me. Hope that helps!

Vaseodin
08-23-2016, 05:32 PM
I think you are mistaking evo shards with evo runes.

You've got 30 talismans ready to rank up???

I've got plenty of those of those, when you say "clearing the most difficult content in the game" I assume you are farming Underworld Madness... Try Battlefield Madness I farmed that for gold and I have 2 stacks of evo RUNES. Maybe the drop rates are better there.

I don't see many people having problems with those.

Either way, 30 talismans is a 5 character team, when you only use 3 or 4. I don't level up every talisman, I move them first and then decide whether to upgrade them or not.

Most people in my trooper list have that problem. I also haven't had that kind of luck with Evo runes. They are far and few and I play between 5-10 total sands from max to 0 (so 4-9 refills) EVERY DAY. The evo shards (3*) are extremely uncommon.