PDA

View Full Version : Blind talismans

ShadowedLies
01-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Currently i have my Blue allied soldier setup with the blind augment and im wondering if there is a better green set for him to use as i dont feel like im getting much utility out of the blind effects. Was considering going with paralysis and running that with freeze. Any opinions are appreciated!

R1ck
01-10-2017, 03:39 AM
I have mine with freeze and energy augment

mjmxiii
01-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Actually have my Allied Soldier using a Paralysis/Freeze setup and he does really well with that combo. Will usually hit at least one effect per round and usually more than one enemy at time. Really cool when two get frozen and the other two get stunned. The extra hit points are a nice bonus too...

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 06:40 AM
I use 2x Health (Ward) plus a toss-in blue talisman to go along with 3x Freeze. Seems to be working quite well.

ShadowedLies
01-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Actually have my Allied Soldier using a Paralysis/Freeze setup and he does really well with that combo. Will usually hit at least one effect per round and usually more than one enemy at time. Really cool when two get frozen and the other two get stunned. The extra hit points are a nice bonus too...

Gonna give this a shot to see how it works. Trying to increase overall damage at this point since i dont need to rely so heavily on FotD's negative effect requirement to heal the party with my hellhound healing so well.

I use 2x Health (Ward) plus a toss-in blue talisman to go along with 3x Freeze. Seems to be working quite well.

Wouldnt you throw in a third health (ward) since his damage is supposed to scale with overall HP as opposed to a random blue?

Ian
01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Blind works pretty well for me, especially on Lord of light where it will make revenge miss in addition to normal attacks. My blue Allied soldier runs freeze/blind whilst my undead rescuer has freeze/paralysis. Together they can be devastating. I call them my crowd control team.

scott-5496
01-10-2017, 10:00 AM
I have all Freeze on mine and it often gets all but one bad guy in LOL. It is not the very best defence HP set up but it hits pretty hard and freezes on perfect hits (manual) nearly always and most of the bad guys. I have my Allied Soldier with three freeze and three energy and that does pretty well too.

Kardas
01-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I used to think that these were bad, but they're not useless in PVP which is good. They are still interesting in that they're one of those conditions that are way less threatening used against you than by you.
I'm gonna test an Ascension set on my blue soldier first, but I'm definitely giving my Sentinel Soulless Demon a set.

ShadowedLies
01-10-2017, 03:24 PM
My biggest issue with the blind augment is that even if blinded power attacks always hit and normal attacks seem to be 50/50 at least when running on auto. Just looking for something consistently effective.

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Wouldnt you throw in a third health (ward) since his damage is supposed to scale with overall HP as opposed to a random blue?

That depends on how the math works out. A third Health (Ward) won't contribute to the set bonus if you already have two, so you're just getting the raw health (4527) and magic (114). A Power or Arcane blue talisman will give you raw health of 1142 and 453 magic. I'm guessing the Blue Allied Soldier's scaling bonus for magic from health isn't going to be 300+ from a throw-in green talisman, but I could be wrong.

That's also just from the perspective of maximizing the damage output. 4527 vs 1142 health is nothing to sneeze at. :)