PDA

View Full Version : Advice for non-beta-testers?

Fudjo
01-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Heya! Glad to know that PVP is being beta-tested! For the rest of us who are still grinding away as usual, do you beta testers have any advice for which characters we should be building up? I've heard that Visions Eddie and Mummy Eddie are worth pursuing - any others?

Frost
01-13-2017, 12:05 AM
And upgrade a lot of talsimans to maximum, prioritize health and Freeze/Stun.

Also max skill shards in key toons.

Nicko
01-13-2017, 01:51 AM
I'd almost save skillshards until you get a feel for it. A number of characters I'm using in PvP that I hadn't sharded, and a number I sharded I never use

The Sentinel Undead Rescuer seems to be popular cause he can dispel negative effects

Interestingly, see few warriors other than Hellhound and Angel of Fear

Health Talismans are key - it can get bloody in there!

Shifter
01-13-2017, 02:31 AM
Nicko
I'd almost save skillshards until you get a feel for it. A number of characters I'm using in PvP that I hadn't sharded, and a number I sharded I never use

Exactly what I have been doing. since getting my GR maxed out I have been saving badges. I get about 3 per week so I should have about 300 coming around the time we get in.

i just wish people that were in it would discuss more about the different toons that are good or bad. I have my own strategy that I have been thinking would be a good def, but since only thing that really comes from any pvp thread is about how the brackets and points work, I will just have to wait and see if it will work.

Fudjo
01-13-2017, 02:43 AM
I've likewise been stockpiling skill shards and trooper badges in anticipation of PVP. Skill shards are just too valuable to spend on toons you don't use. Investing in talismans is fine 'cause you can pull 'em off your toons and put them on other ones.

Frost
01-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Exactly what I have been doing. since getting my GR maxed out I have been saving badges. I get about 3 per week so I should have about 300 coming around the time we get in.

i just wish people that were in it would discuss more about the different toons that are good or bad. I have my own strategy that I have been thinking would be a good def, but since only thing that really comes from any pvp thread is about how the brackets and points work, I will just have to wait and see if it will work.

Some good and awsome PvE toons just don't work the same way in PvP. And since the race to top and the ton of points you lose on defeat and revenges no one's willing to experiment with many toons. No one will risk losing 24 points every defense just to see for example if Voidling is good.

@Nicko

Few warriors have AoE or utility, so we'll see very few warriors. Most populars are Hellround (immunity), Troll (shields), Golden Son (AoE/CC) and AoF (extra turn and insane damage).

CanyptianFit
01-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Agree with all comments. I'm glad I saved up and waited before allocating shards because you do need experience in pvp.

The interesting thing is I don't think there is a silver bullet. But there are toons with passives that by themselves may be adequate (shards more optional) and others where sharding is very beneficial. I also think we may see shifting in strategies over time. You are going to go up against many of these differing strategies so having a broad talisman set across your team will help. If you max out a toon, generally they are effective in a certain way, if that skill isn't useful against the other teams defense/offense you are out of luck. Again why many are recommending to get a feel for pvp first.

Caretaker
01-14-2017, 10:21 AM

What creatures are you interested in? There has been a lot of talk about some of them, it's hard to point out everything, lot's of combos

Sag7272
01-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Hard to say with potential incoming nerf/adjustments but hellhound I think is a sure bet as for the mummy Eddy who finally find some grip and is now one of the deadliest you'll find!

Caretaker
01-14-2017, 07:36 PM

Interestingly, see few warriors other than Hellhound and Angel of Fear

Health Talismans are key - it can get bloody in there!

Nicko, stop throwing dounuts :p imo stunnies are more useful then health where possible. Thank you for your points as well :eek:

Caretaker
01-14-2017, 09:45 PM
"Few days" - Not getting that. Pm'd you

Thank you!
Sorry for the bad English.. a few times..

To stay on topic. My assassin golden son raises void shield every time, with DM's passive but stunns just a few times :) thats more for hp.

konstifik
01-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Ability talismans are a lot more useful in PvP than in PvE. Freeze and paralysis are the most obvious, but blind, energy, void, vampiric and thief are useful.

Stop thinking about how much damage a toon does on his own and start thinking about synergies and abilities.