PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Talisman(Purple)

CRAVEN19827
01-14-2017, 01:20 PM
I can't even remember when was the last time i found a Resistance Talisman(Purple). (3set ATK x DEF x MR). Don't they drop anymore?

Arcturus
01-14-2017, 06:01 PM
They pulled a bunch of talismans types (including Resistance & Resilience) from the game (well, from drops) a number of months ago. Supposedly they may come back, but who knows.

Kardas
01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
They used to drop in Underworld (along with Resilience, Rush, and Warp Talismans), but they've been removed from the game since the October Tuning update. I expect they'll return for the Brave New World dungeon

CRAVEN19827
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Arcturus and Kardas thanks for replying...Let's hope so that they will return

Fudjo
01-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Which toons are Resistance talismans good for?

Kardas
01-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Which toons are Resistance talismans good for?

Not sure anymore honestly. The best case scenario would be for a character with high defensive stats (some Sentinel maybe???) who does true damage but needs physical damage marginally more. In the current game, I can't think of any character who fits the bill. Gunner Possessed Rockets maybe? Their main move does physical damage but their power move does magic damage, and you'd use the normal move more anyway. Of course, an Assassin set is probably even stronger for that one.

I did give a Resistance Talisman set to my Warrior Pyro before the October Update, back when his MAGIC stat was way lower than his ATK stat and his burns were physical instead of true.

Of course, Resilience Talismans still occupy a niche as 'only purple 2-set' until that gets patched out...

I suppose that in the original build of the game, the Resistance and Resilience Talismans were essentially cheap stopgaps while the player was grinding and waiting for the really good purple Talismans (Assassin, Void and possibly Death)

Schadenfreud-0217
02-07-2017, 02:32 PM
I've got some from way back when they used to drop. To be honest Resistance and Resilience talismans don't have much of a use. Most characters that would benefit from ATK + MAG are Assassins or Sentinels and the first ones have way too low DEF and MR to be worth it, where the second ones usually scale with HP or Def or something.

BonFire
05-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Would this set be good for the Prisoner? I think it'd be good for his power move, but I don't want to give up void shields, plus the type is for Defense instead of MR.

Kardas
05-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I don't have The Prisoner, but I doubt it. Sure, Prisoner's high MR can give you a good bonus for Resistance, but it's offset by his low DEF. Also his basic attack seems to scale with MAGIC, so Resilience Talismans may actually be better.
But Void Shields are pretty rad so I doubt it's worth it.