PDA

View Full Version : Hellhound or assassin rocket dog?

Shaolin85london
01-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone, in your opinion and best experience of hardcore players, which one, between HH and ARD, should be have the priority to be skilled out? Obviously concerning defense team in arena. So which one and why?

Thanks in advance for all the eventuals suggestions and/or observations.

Cheerz

Nicko
01-14-2017, 05:31 PM
I have my Hellhound Skilled out cause I don't have an ARD

His damage is mediocre - his heal is crap - not sure if they nerfed him a while back, cause I had read he was a beast

He's there for one reason - Immunity. Probably why they nerfed him - cause that's so valuable. Being that ARD has the same passive, I'd likely equip them both with strong Talisman sets - see who hits harder - and go that way

I'll also add it's nice the way he raises attack fairly often when he's Skilled out - it can really come in handy if your team is based on physical or true damage

Shaolin85london
01-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your opinion Nicko! Dunno why I can't add screen shot here, btw, AGD has a basic attack/Magic of 1213 almost double of hell hound bas att. I think gonna do some try with both of them and after decide who is the useful for skill out. Cheers!

Sag7272
01-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Had a hellhound as long as I can remember, he used to be a single attack toon with random immunity each turn...
I woke one morning and he was AOD and a terrifying beast then nerf happened...
Think the other dog have a better attack move but his power is meh...
Any of 'em could be a lifesaver in PvP thought...
I'd probably go with the hellhound if you have a physical damage team because lifesteal for 5 turns can be real useful with the right pairing but never had the other one...

Shaolin85london
01-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Had a hellhound as long as I can remember, he used to be a single attack toon with random immunity each turn...
I woke one morning and he was AOD and a terrifying beast then nerf happened...
Think the other dog have a better attack move but his power is meh...
Any of 'em could be a lifesaver in PvP thought...
I'd probably go with the hellhound if you have a physical damage team because lifesteal for 5 turns can be real useful with the right pairing but never had the other one...

Presently my team does magic, physic and true dmg attack, specifically one does magic, two physic attack and one true dmg.

Kardas
01-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Not sure if you have him, but the Warrior Pyro's Power Move gives your entire team Immunity for 2 turns (3 with Skill Shards). Power cost is 5 PWR. Might also be an interesting option.

*not part of PVP beta tho*

Sag7272
01-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Presently my team does magic, physic and true dmg attack, specifically one does magic, two physic attack and one true dmg.

I mean overall both your attack and defense team & tactics, AI love to cast the HH heal at beginning of battle for the buff Wich on a defense team with important char doing magic dmg may be costly strategically.. but used wisely on the attack side can be a lifesaver damage is ridiculous so he have to be useful in some way..

Shaolin85london
01-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Sag, that's the point, I want skill out one between them for the defense team. So have to test both of them under AI control, I guess.

Shaolin85london
01-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Not sure if you have him, but the Warrior Pyro's Power Move gives your entire team Immunity for 2 turns (3 with Skill Shards). Power cost is 5 PWR. Might also be an interesting option.

*not part of PVP beta tho*

Kardas, I got one warr PS lvl 100, but the thing is, he's enough strong to endure till the second round in order to burn 5 pp for a skill that both of dogs natural casting?

Kardas
01-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Kardas, I got one warr PS lvl 100, but the thing is, he's enough strong to endure till the second round in order to burn 5 pp for a skill that both of dogs natural casting?

Again, I can't access PVP currently so I cannot say for sure. According to the Compilation of Max Characters thread though, the Pyro has a lot of HP for a Warrior character (he's got a lot more than the Hellhound though), but only a little less than the Artillery Dog

Sag7272
01-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Again, I can't access PVP currently so I cannot say for sure. According to the Compilation of Max Characters thread though, the Pyro has a lot of HP for a Warrior character (he's got a lot more than the Hellhound though), but only a little less than the Artillery Dog

With current freeze/stun rate going on, a passive immunity worth gold, ex:
On the "B" variant of my attack team I pass from hellhound immunity to corrupt droid's one to be sure to neuter CG, Mummys and soulless deamons so they can't throw a wrench in my strategy... He even run a full energy set for him to survive/be useful just to keep that passive..

BillLion
01-19-2017, 07:01 PM
I use artillery dog assassin mostly because I don't have a hellhound.

His damage output isn't stellar but his endure and multiple hits in addition to his immunity passive make him quite useful.

Schadenfreud-0217
01-23-2017, 11:45 AM
I've got a HH with maxed talismans, don't think I'll bother with skill shards, his dmg output is nothing to be admired, the heal is also not very impressive these days. I'd say go with Artillery Dog, it seems a lot more useful to me.

Piece of Mind
02-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Reviving (repealing?) this doggy thread. Any updates on HH vs AD? I got a HH just now (much to my own surprise) and its damage, heal, and stats aren't what I remember them to be from previous troopers. Nerfed recently?

scott-5496
02-22-2017, 10:13 AM
I use a HH and he works super well when you go first that is for sure - not lost once when I go first with him in the team. But he hits soft...though the upshot is that he ups ATK for some others in the team...his invincibility is the key plus point though - especially if you can extend it off the bat. He can also add Lifesteal to team - you need a power creator to help there (energy talisman). Not got an ARD - just a Warrior RD so cant compare there. I like HH though - he is a good support character for the rest of the team....you just need to forfeit the big hit as he doesn't at all!