PDA

View Full Version : How to kill the beast on maddness difficulty with 50% Health

Kris-0707
01-16-2017, 08:15 PM
All right Troopers, does anyone knows what is the best setup right now to kill the beast with 50% Health?

I'm struggling with this from months, Tried different setups, all failed and I just gave up some time ago. But now is the moment to complete the last quest in the game and get the achievement.

Question is: which Eddie is the best to use, who will support him and obviously which talismans to be equipped on each toon?

Patrice-1201
01-16-2017, 08:50 PM
All right Troopers, does anyone knows what is the best setup right now to kill the beast with 50% Health?

I'm struggling with this from months, Tried different setups, all failed and I just gave up some time ago. But now is the moment to complete the last quest in the game and get the achievement.

Question is: which Eddie is the best to use, who will support him and obviously which talismans to be equipped on each toon?

One silly way is to die just before the last hit and use ironite to revive... the other is to use Pharao Eddie and a healer

floki
01-16-2017, 09:24 PM
One silly way is to die just before the last hit and use ironite to revive... the other is to use Pharao Eddie and a healer

i did the revive thing, but there's no achievement for getting 3 skulls anymore, only 1 for completing it, bummer :c

Patrice-1201
01-16-2017, 09:47 PM
i did the revive thing, but there's no achievement for getting 3 skulls anymore, only 1 for completing it, bummer :c

The achievement for 3 skulls is Grim Reaper Eddie which requires all levels to be 3 skulls and of course the secret location as well.

Kris-0707
01-16-2017, 09:50 PM
I did the revive as well and finished with full bar of health, but didn't get the skull for 50% health.
I completed this map that way several times and obviously haven't received 3rd skull for it ever.
Is the trick to kill the beast without dying, reviving and having min 50% of health at the end?

Sag7272
01-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Some kind of lifesteal like the hellhound on a physical team, a magus Golden Son or a FotD eddy could do it too... Been a while though not sure how I did back then

Kamuz24z
01-16-2017, 10:40 PM
For this I need a toon to provide immunity I have a hellhound and speed of light Eddie those 2 are the key for the third toon choose your favorite one I recorded a video it works all the time

https://youtu.be/QtvRQWf77yU
Kamuz-8227

CanyptianFit
01-17-2017, 04:16 AM
Make sure ALL your Eddies you bring that level in are over 50%. That got me early on, as I would forget about the others. If you bring in 6 toons, they all need to be above 50%.

powerslave74
01-17-2017, 08:40 AM
To beat the Beast on madness I used Pharaoh Eddie with 4 Health (Overwhelming) and 2 Ivory (Power), Masked Harpy with 4 Freeze (Power) and 2 Freeze (Arcane), and a Gunner Golden Son with 3 Thief (Bulwark) and 3 Energy (Overwhelming). I did have to use revive to do this, but only because the Beast doomed Eddie near the end of the battle. I still got my 3rd skull so that I could access the secret location. I would try contacting support to see if they can help you with the the third skull since you said you did beat the Beast with a full bar of health after you revived.

Kris-0707
01-17-2017, 08:23 PM
For this I need a toon to provide immunity I have a hellhound and speed of light Eddie those 2 are the key for the third toon choose your favorite one I recorded a video it works all the time

https://youtu.be/QtvRQWf77yU
Kamuz-8227

THX Kamuz,

1st attempt as per your video and the beast died so easily, no revives needed at all.
Finally I've got 3 skulls on all maps and I got the access to secret location on madness difficulty ;)

Kamuz24z
01-17-2017, 09:13 PM
THX Kamuz,

1st attempt as per your video and the beast died so easily, no revives needed at all.
Finally I've got 3 skulls on all maps and I got the access to secret location on madness difficulty ;)

Yeah it took me a while to figure it out but it works all the time
I send you a recuest kris

Arcturus
01-17-2017, 09:42 PM
wait, can't the Beast steal immunity with his basic attack? could have sworn I've had that happen.

Schadenfreud-0217
01-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Carriage Rider Eddie's Fury move used to disable The Beast's revive, making it so you have to only kill him once. Not sure if that's still the case but you could give it a try.