PDA

View Full Version : Suspect Discussion General Thread

Sparton_LOTB
01-16-2017, 09:19 PM
The purpose of this thread is to propose characters you think warrant a review which don’t already have a suspect discussion thread of their own.

Feel free to support (or counter) the proposals of others you agree or disagree with, but as per usual, keep it civil.

XcarecroW
01-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Sentinel corrupt droid seems that is doing true damage because of the white numbers when attacks, but in the description of the skill says that it does physical damage. Or the description is wrong or the damage type is wrong.

Sag7272
01-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Sentinel corrupt droid seems that is doing true damage because of the white numbers when attacks, but in the description of the skill says that it does physical damage. Or the description is wrong or the damage type is wrong.

Well every stats point to true damage like Sentinel soulless deamon 😁
True that it says physical thought..
Hope he stays that way, it's a beast!

Demoonchild
01-24-2017, 01:36 AM
Mummy Eddie
What It was Designed For
A middle tanky character which helps mitigates damage for his team with his future ability, dealing AOE magic damage with a good chance to taunt enemies. Also can clear debuffs(2 turns), his basic ability stunts one enemy, and

What We Got?
The most used Eddie on PVP, easily founded on 7 out of 10 teams, this thanks to his future ability "Burden of the Damned" wich deals AOE damage and triggers pretty often talisman effects(stun, blind, freeze, etc) AND TAUNT.

Why This is a Problem?
His high HP plus the mentioned future ability with taunt and surprisingly high effect triggering, makes Mummy Eddie the most used Eddie on PVP by far.
Enemy teams can't even play when the TAUNT is triggered of any of the other effects that any talisman can bring. This plus his Titan Shield and party debuff makes him very OP for PVP.

What We Could Consider Changing
Reduce TAUNT % and FIX effect triggering % on BOTD ability.
Make him use the default basic ability often, as it supposed to be, like all other chars in game.

Sparton, if you think that this is OK, good for you. I say that is boring to fight over and over again the same Eddie on 7 out of 10 PVP teams.
For players who doesn't have a char with "Immunity" passive, is almost impossible to beat a team with this Eddie, because of the TAUNT and broke effect triggering.
If you dont want to fix this YET, or if you find that there's nothing to fix and everything goes just perfect(Like in many other matters), go on, is up to you, I have a Hellhound, and have patience to keep on goin' with the game and all this mess...

For SAG, yes man open your eyes, you are actually exploiting one of the many broken mechanics the game has, just like me with the Gunner GS and Freezing Talis, the difference is that I am aware of it.

Sag7272
01-24-2017, 02:13 AM
For SAG, yes man open your eyes, you are actually exploiting one of the many broken mechanics the game has, just like me with the Gunner GS and Freezing Talis, the difference is that I am aware of it.

I actually removed my DM/Golden Son team for that exact reason...
Never in mummy's ability it's written to trigger on perfect for taunt, as for souless demon or corrupt general, it 'happend" and as already said if other Eddie's where acting half as good as that one there would be way more variety, I'm bored to see him too but he's an example to follow more than anything else, storm eddy never use his basic move either and nobody cares because he's dumb, to me we should raise the bar not lower it..

gmac
01-24-2017, 02:18 AM
I´m just going to answer on this topic.

Nerfing all these toons being considered? REALLY??!?

Lets fix the broken mechanics, the imbalance between classes, AI only playing one or two Eddies reasonably, an then consider VERY SUBTLE nerfing.

I´m actually in favor of nerfing as a last resort, but only if everybody could rearrange the skills shards after every patch/update.

People invested in these characters, some i guess even with real money. Not fair at all!!!

No nerfing, let´s fix the basic macro problems first!!!

Best

Demoonchild
01-24-2017, 02:30 AM
I actually removed my DM/Golden Son team for that exact reason...
Never in mummy's ability it's written to trigger on perfect for taunt, as for souless demon or corrupt general, it 'happend" and as already said if other Eddie's where acting half as good as that one there would be way more variety, I'm bored to see him too but he's an example to follow more than anything else, storm eddy never use his basic move either and nobody cares because he's dumb, to me we should raise the bar not lower it..

Description says: "45% chance to taunt for 1 turn"...

Sag7272
01-24-2017, 03:08 AM
Description says: "45% chance to taunt for 1 turn"...

And as many other native effects don't need to be perfect hit...
Remedy is simple as taunting a CG or a red bat usually end up real bad...

Nerfing everyone in the ground so that defences with 10% hold rate will be spectacular, what an awesome game it'll be when top 10 team will be repeatedly beaten by any top 500 player without 'em breaking a sweat... With that point system it'll be real fun 😋

Nicko
01-24-2017, 04:51 AM

Lets fix the broken mechanics, the imbalance between classes, AI only playing one or two Eddies reasonably, an then consider VERY SUBTLE nerfing.

I´m actually in favor of nerfing as a last resort, but only if everybody could rearrange the skills shards after every patch/update.

People invested in these characters, some i guess even with real money. Not fair at all!!!

Best

For the most part I agree with this. Many of us face all of these toons day in and day out and do fine.

I said for the most part because AoF is overpowered. And I have one. I'd love for it not to be nerfed - but its power is just too damn obvious.

Interestingly no ones brought up what I believe to be one of the most overpowered characters in the game -Grim Reaper Eddie. A 30% chance to retrigger and wreak havoc, wiping out one - and sometimes two - characters in one hit is very AoF-like. Then add in he can heal block. Freeze entire parties while healing himself, often with an extra turn. Revive dead characters.

And the Mummy is almost as good as a CG if you slap on some Freeze Talismans. It's why he's all over the place. But no ones mentioned GRE and other than Demoonchild Mummy wasn't mentioned either.

I have to admit I was surprised Sentinel Corrupt Droid, Troll, and Sentinel Souless Demon were on the list while the two Eddies I've mentioned aren't. And honestly - I don't want ANY of these characters nerfed, including the Eddies I've mentioned. Many of us face them all the time and do fine. Other than AoF, nothing listed in the individual threads as a concern is jumping out at me. But that's just me.

I have to say I appreciate that you're even having this dialogue instead of just making an announcement. Very cool that you're doing that.

ToTameAGame
01-24-2017, 06:50 AM
What really pisses me off most in these "suspect" discussions:

The devs don't even touch the topic that people spent skillshards on those toons. They can nerf whatever they want to - that's fine. But please have the decency to reset the skillshards for every nerfed toon OR give the player the possibility to reset skillshards themselves. Make it expensive - like 1 million - to reset a toons skillshards ang get those back into your inventory.

What is happening now: Players that come later to the party have a massive advantage as they already know that some toons are not worth anymore putting skillshards on them. A talisman or to level another toon - I don't care - I can reasonably fast build a new set or level a new toon but those skillshards don't fall from trees. I find it highly respectless that the talk is only about nerfing and not about time, money and passion people put into building a toon.

Some of the toons should be OP as part of your defensive deterrent strategy. Otherwise the defense wouldn't stand any chance against a human player because the AI really is an AD (Artificial Dumbness). You should have to think twice who to attack. Otherwise you are just prolonging fights with a certain outcome that the human player won.

I get my arse kicked once in a while from a AoF and that lot. But if a toon like this wouldn't be in the defensive team of the enemy I would win 100% of the time.

What the devs are doing right now is that nobody wants to spend any more skillshards anywhere as the nerf sledgehammer could lure just around the corner. Really not funny.

Again: nerf it - fine - but reset his skillshards ...

What about fixing bugs instead of number crunching? That would help the game a bit ...

Nicko
01-24-2017, 07:19 AM
What the devs are doing right now is that nobody wants to spend any more skillshards anywhere as the nerf sledgehammer could lure just around the corner.

Very true. I'm sitting on several until I see how things pan out.

Most of the toons in these Suspect Discussions weren't even being complained about on the boards, so as RACCAR said in another thread things could be getting overthought here by the developers. We know the talismans are broken. We know AoF is probably too strong. Tinker with those and let's roll this out!

But also keep in mind they're just throwing these ideas out there and gathering feedback. No changes have been made on anyone yet and I much prefer this to a nerf list that appears on the day of an update.

StormArrow
01-24-2017, 07:42 AM
This is something I was wondering since they nerfed the shield of my dear blue soldier. I think if some character is nerfed, nothing more reasonable then give back the skill shards that were used on that character. Im sure many of us choose spend a SS on a toon specificaly because some ability he has or a strategy it opens, and a nerf on that toon may just kill the whole thing. What you guys think?

Sparton_LOTB
01-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Interestingly no ones brought up what I believe to be one of the most overpowered characters in the game -Grim Reaper Eddie. A 30% chance to retrigger and wreak havoc, wiping out one - and sometimes two - characters in one hit is very AoF-like. Then add in he can heal block. Freeze entire parties while healing himself, often with an extra turn. Revive dead characters.

The main thing I think he does to dominate right now is abuse freeze talisman proc chances. Once that's out of the picture, I think he'll be a solid all-rounder that we'll see a lot of, but we'll look into him further after the talisman proc fixes

And the Mummy is almost as good as a CG if you slap on some Freeze Talismans. It's why he's all over the place. But no ones mentioned GRE and other than Demoonchild Mummy wasn't mentioned either.

Well, I'm interested in peoples thoughts in this thread if that's the case, I'm just not seeing it as that bad right now (or at least in needed of a major nerf). There is a problem that some people have suspected that freeze talismans proc more than they should, too, which exacerbates the problem, but that's also going to be solved in the next update.

MrFreeze
01-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Overthinking it. Fix the list generation and revenge. Come up with a point system that doesn't piss people off. Your already working on the proc rate thing. Spending weeks discussing characters that aren't a problem is a waste of time. I'd even be fine losing to prisoner/DM combos if I didn't lose so many points because of it. You (devs) have already gotten a taste of what's to come ($). Fix the simple things, push it live, and sit back and collect the loot.

Sag7272
01-24-2017, 12:59 PM
The devs don't even touch the topic that people spent skillshards on those toons. They can nerf whatever they want to - that's fine. But please have the decency to reset the skillshards for every nerfed toon OR give the player the possibility to reset skillshards themselves. Make it expensive - like 1 million - to reset a toons skillshards ang get those back into your inventory.

You felt my pain man... Seems I'm the suspect here, they should nerf me instead loll I own a AoF, A Troll, A Corrupt Droid and a prisoner all fully sharded... I understand some of these upcoming nerf but yeah even in a one time event, we should be able to buy back shards as for me... But that's another debate..

Some of the toons should be OP as part of your defensive deterrent strategy. Otherwise the defense wouldn't stand any chance against a human player because the AI really is an AD (Artificial Dumbness). You should have to think twice who to attack. Otherwise you are just prolonging fights with a certain outcome that the human player won.

I get my arse kicked once in a while from a AoF and that lot. But if a toon like this wouldn't be in the defensive team of the enemy I would win 100% of the time.

You are on something, if every ally get tamed defense will be a pity, I'm afraid to attack some team composition mainly because of OP characters... As an endgame player you have the key to many locks & mostly play odds if every worthy took get knock down defense will be a joke against a human player...

Nicko
01-24-2017, 02:02 PM
The main thing I think he does to dominate right now is abuse freeze talisman proc chances. Once that's out of the picture, I think he'll be a solid all-rounder that we'll see a lot of, but we'll look into him further after the talisman proc fixes

Well, I'm interested in peoples thoughts in this thread if that's the case, I'm just not seeing it as that bad right now (or at least in needed of a major nerf). There is a problem that some people have suspected that freeze talismans proc more than they should, too, which exacerbates the problem, but that's also going to be solved in the next update.

Slash to a red character is often the equivalent of AoF on a green. I've obliterated many red characters - and started on their neighbors - with one Slash.

Good point in the Mummy. He hits like a toddler otherwise

Sag7272
01-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Good point in the Mummy. He hits like a toddler otherwise

He's more of a Swiss knife than an offensive treat anyway... Like others he can't turn a game around all alone so definitely not OP, he's as common as it's fall rate use to be maybe that's why he seems overused with SOL he's the most common non game given Ed out there..

slauki
01-24-2017, 04:05 PM
very good discussion here so i will throw in my 2 cents:

maybe we should also talk about the gunner rescuer. imo one of the most OP chrars in game...revive and endure for 2 turns, with a shield which comes again every round? imo it's way too much.

regarding mummy eddie i think he abuses some talisman chances and triggers maybe too often. if we fix the talismans, and the triggers we will also fix him.
what i really like about mummy is that he is one eddie that uses his abilities well! why complaining about an AI that works fine. every eddie should use his ability nearly as good as mummy. so if we make the AI of other eddies smarter, which is probably very difficult to do, we would see more teams with other eddies. but yes, he's very populay nowadays as it seems :)

in total i would agree, that we probably should fix the broken things first and nerf then. only the most obvious OPness should be considered right now, since everything will change, when the most things are fixed (maybe even the prisoner)

and for heavens sake, yes, it would be really necessary to have an opportunity to reset skills on nerfed characters. imagine Grimreaper is nerfed and you put 28 skillshards on him just before...it took you 2 months or to max him out and he get's hit by the nerfbat? that's way to hard guys....

Bradata
01-24-2017, 05:27 PM

I think that you played with the GR before. His Slash if triggers again had more damage than the first time and now it doesn't. Multi hit characters have bigger chance to trigger the talismans than single hit chars, it's normal and let us not forget that this would happen only if it is a perfect hit if not the talismans don't get triggered. From what I see here looks like soon we will not have any good characters left to use in our defense teams or in the attack teams.
This is just me thinking out loud.

surfingwithdje
01-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Nerfing all the best characters in this game (red troll, angel of fear, sentinel daemon, prisoner, etc...) for pvp isn't a good idea at all...
First because of the loud invest they needed for maxed them (evo, talismants, and no removable skillshards) -> a lot of time and money lose for many of us!
Second because these characters are not the main problem in pvp!
I'm not yet in pvp but i can imagine the main issue: the first round is to much decisive...
Don't nerf any characters in pve, and reduce the damage from ALL characters to 30% in pvp to allow more than 1 or 2 rounds... I think the game will be more tactic and it will be possible to exploit many different characters!

Sag7272
01-24-2017, 08:26 PM
Nerfing all the best characters in this game (red troll, angel of fear, sentinel daemon, prisoner, etc...) for pvp isn't a good idea at all...
First because of the loud invest they needed for maxed them (evo, talismants, and no removable skillshards) -> a lot of time and money lose for many of us!
Second because these characters are not the main problem in pvp!
I'm not yet in pvp but i can imagine the main issue: the first round is to much decisive...
Don't nerf any characters in pve, and reduce the damage from ALL characters to 30% in pvp to allow more than 1 or 2 rounds... I think the game will be more tactic and it will be possible to exploit many different characters!

Won't make much friends but problem isn't even first turn, I for example win most of my 2nd round match too it's called strategy 😁
Biggest problem It's everyone yelling they should be able to beat everyone 90% of time without investing in good character core revolving around some basic tactics & testing... There's always be that guy that's tough to beat it's the way it should be right?

Some toon adjustments are needed but shooting in all directions at every ally that gives statistical advantage in fight will only pushes things to the next not yet known OP character... Everyone work their interests but in the end there always be a character every one will defensively want & build strategy around, if not theses it'll be others... Breaking one leg won't repair the other..

slauki
01-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Won't make much friends but problem isn't even first turn, I for example win most of my 2nd round match too it's called strategy 😁
Biggest problem It's everyone yelling they should be able to beat everyone 90% of time without investing in good character core revolving around some basic tactics & testing... There's always be that guy that's tough to beat it's the way it should be right?

Some toon adjustments are needed but shooting in all directions at every ally that gives statistical advantage in fight will only pushes things to the next not yet known OP character... Everyone work their interests but in the end there always be a character every one will defensively want & build strategy around, if not theses it'll be others... Breaking one leg won't repair the other..

i would really like to see a game with fixed bugs and talisman issues first, after that we could discuss what can be done better. we all have biases right now, because of all broken things like talismans, trigger chances and the point system which really makes us hate PVP sometimes. i understand the character discussions and i appreciate them. but as you stated, some adjustments are really necessary but after reading all the "suspect threads" i feel that we really might be "shooting in all directions". it shouldn't be our goal to nerf every good character. some really game breaking chars need some tweaks okay, but today i read about 7-8 chars who are resonable good but not gamebreaking OP, as far as i can judge it. but i still belive/hope that we can expect some reasonable adjustments, without fearing the big nerfbat....

ToTameAGame
01-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Most of the toons in these Suspect Discussions weren't even being complained about on the boards, so as RACCAR said in another thread things could be getting overthought here by the developers. We know the talismans are broken. We know AoF is probably too strong. Tinker with those and let's roll this out!.

Take the Prisoner out of PvP for now, stop the AoF of killing any sentinel in one go and roll the f*cking thing out to the world.

Apart from the insane insane insane damage of AoF - the Prisoner doesn't have a Nemesis - otherwise it does look pretty solid - AoF has multiple Nemesis - mage chars - he doesn't need a massive nerf or as it was said change the damage to physical.

I repeat that the defense teams need OP toons to scare others from attacking. But these toons should be possible to get in a fair manner. If the devs continue adjusting things as they do right now and are too worried that some toons hit too hard PvP will be released 2019...

Sparton_LOTB
01-24-2017, 09:02 PM
Overthinking it. Fix the list generation and revenge. Come up with a point system that doesn't piss people off. Your already working on the proc rate thing.

We're already working on fixes for list generation, revenging, and the point system. Doing further work on making those things happen is not something a designer can do, it requires the coding skills of a programmer. So while teammates work on those things, we're looking at the next list of things that may make PVP unapproachable to our playerbase. The development and refinement of PVP has already taken quite a bit, we don't want to do things that'll actively make it take longer.

i would really like to see a game with fixed bugs and talisman issues first, after that we could discuss what can be done better. we all have biases right now, because of all broken things like talismans, trigger chances and the point system which really makes us hate PVP sometimes. i understand the character discussions and i appreciate them. but as you stated, some adjustments are really necessary but after reading all the "suspect threads" i feel that we really might be "shooting in all directions". it shouldn't be our goal to nerf every good character. some really game breaking chars need some tweaks okay, but today i read about 7-8 chars who are resonable good but not gamebreaking OP, as far as i can judge it. but i still belive/hope that we can expect some reasonable adjustments, without fearing the big nerfbat....

We will not nerf every character that gets a Suspect Discussion thread. While the threads themselves aren't intended to be a popularity contest to confirm our biases, we're using the threads as a check of sorts to see if our thoughts have merit, not as a sure thing of "we gonna nerf this guy, lets discuss how". In all honesty, I don't expect us to nerf more than about half of the characters we make suspect threads for (not counting fixing broken mechanisms, like multi-hit multi-procing talismans).

konstifik
01-25-2017, 08:15 AM
I think the strategies will change a little bit when talismans proc rates are fixed, and I don't think we can have a meaningful discussion about which toon is in need of a nerf and who isn't until that happens. With one exception - The Prisoner.

Nifelheim
01-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Instead of adjusting characters that are overpowered, I would suggest just making available frequently new characters with similar OP stats/skills.

It will add to the overall health of the game with steady influx of toons. With the increased micro transactions to the balancing. Everyone wins. Angel of fear is OP for a first generation toon but should feel old/dated to say, 3rd generation updates.

slauki
01-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Instead of adjusting characters that are overpowered, I would suggest just making available frequently new characters with similar OP stats/skills.

It will add to the overall health of the game with steady influx of toons. With the increased micro transactions to the balancing. Everyone wins. Angel of fear is OP for a first generation toon but should feel old/dated to say, 3rd generation updates.

really dislike the idea, since it's hard to get one good character atm. it might take several months for one real good pull. and if they introduce even more must have characters, they will immidiatly loose players since it will be near to impossible to get them. this would ruin the game since it would be even more pay to win then it is now...

maxdeviations
01-27-2017, 09:40 PM
is there ever gonna be any new content ? only new thing i see is more ways to pay you money for nothing in return

guddy
01-29-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm certainly in favour of nerfs, they are clearly needed to make a healthy ecosystem in the game, where a lot of characters are useful. My main suspect is AoF, its output damage is too high.

I'm glad someone mentioned that the Mummy is the only eddie that uses his abilities well. It's totally true! I have him in my defense team only because of that, I had previously a Pharaoh eddie and it was TOO DUMB. Same with SoL eddie. Improving AI should be the main concern of the devs. I'm getting bored of winning like 95% of my games, mostly because enemy teams make such a poor decisions.

Rygone
01-29-2017, 11:24 PM

I'm playing pvp since 2 weeks and seeing mummy eddie at almost every fight is really boring, I'm feeling like farming pve. :(
Mummy eddie's 45% taunt chance si too high for a basic move that doesn't require power, in comparison samurai eddie has only 30% taunt chance for 4 power or viking eddie with a 35% taunt/stun chance for 3 power, seems a bit unbalanced. :rolleyes:

Silentknight
01-29-2017, 11:50 PM

I'm playing pvp since 2 weeks and seeing mummy eddie at almost every fight is really boring, I'm feeling like farming pve. :(
Mummy eddie's 45% taunt chance si too high for a basic move that doesn't require power, in comparison samurai eddie has only 30% taunt chance for 4 power or viking eddie with a 35% taunt/stun chance for 3 power, seems a bit unbalanced. :rolleyes:

LMAO @ Woody & Sentinel Undead Rescuer

Sag7272
01-30-2017, 12:01 AM
LMAO @ Woody & Sentinel Undead Rescuer
:D :D :D You nailed it!

Nicko
01-30-2017, 02:10 AM

Keep in mind samurai hits much harder, and Viking hits a bit harder as well.

But the fact that there are basically two Eddies in PvP - Grim Reaper and Mummy - says a lot. Grim Reapers Slash can get crazy, and Mummy's disabling is insane. All the other Eddies are tame in comparison so they don't get used.

Shaolin85london
01-30-2017, 07:22 AM

And Pharaoh Eddie AI, easily revive all party. Then what supposed to do devs, nerf him? They supposed to ruin an other unique char only because it's strategically often used? Eddie mummy ll be not nerfed ok, instead build your own mummy Eddie! The real problem in pvp it's the revenge system and the point system. Nerfing toons worth just to throw in the bin all the time energy and money that some players has hardly spent into.

Sag7272
01-30-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm playing pvp since 2 weeks and seeing mummy eddie at almost every fight is really boring, I'm feeling like farming pve...
Two weeks, seriously, don't make me laugh he hit like a wimp... It's a Swiss Knife & everyone have him because he's uber common this & AI are the only reason you see him everywhere... If best PvP Ed was Rainmaker everyone would whine for him to be nerfed because he's awefully rare...
Mummy is useful for first time since July c'mon... At least everyone have at least a good PvP Ed to begin their PvP experience, ain't that a good thing?

Mummy eddie's 45% taunt chance si too high for a basic move that doesn't require power, in comparison samurai eddie has only 30% taunt...

Hum... SSD attack is WAY more devastating & taunting odds are even better... A good AoF usually take care of those taunt pretty fast & he's not alone the list is long..
As Nicko said Vicking & Samurai are more powerful too so yes it's kind of balanced even if annoying..

abbadon
02-19-2017, 04:24 AM
1) sick of tired of mummy on every team. It like repeating the same PvE level over and over and over.
2) first round needs defensive bonus for defenders
4) accurate, specific character/stat/effect descriptions
The last one would make it easier to evuate character s and identify bugs. If 2 + 2 = 3 we know there is a problem.

Sidney
02-20-2017, 04:22 PM

Best

100% This!!! Give us the ability to move skill shards around. When you nerf a talisman we have the choice to remove it altogether and then spend time and resources on a different talisman. But when you nerf a character we should have the same options. This NEEDS to be implemented!!!

Askora
02-25-2017, 03:21 PM
I don't shy away from mummy Eddie like I did at first. He's really not that hard to beat if you can keep your team alive and have a good mix. It's about gaining control, even if you lose the coin toss. My defense still stinks, but that's another story. I started playing in late December, just in time to get a Festive Wickerdeer. I took on Jofer16 (nothing personal) this morning because he was on my list. It took me 3 tries, first one I lost (lost the coin toss too) because even though I got some control of my team I couldn't make it count. Second time it was a toss up (won the coin toss), but I think I could have pulled it off had the game not gone into lala land waiting for a non-existent character to attack (second time I've had to forfeit because the game just got lost).

The third time I beat him (lost the coin toss). I've only got one toon that's fully sharded and that's my Sentinel Golden Son. Still working on gathering enough shards to make my team stronger. I'm against nerfing the characters. If their's a combination to beat, than that's what we should be building for a defense, but I've yet to find a defense I can't break. I think the bigger problem is with the point system, the list generation (I end up with a list comprised of mostly players that are way below me), and most importantly need to work on the AI. The AI plays poorly, even if it's got a mummy Eddie. Right now, it's about building a defense that is stupid proof. I'm working on it, but don't really have all the characters, shards or talismans I'd like for my defense.

Tritium
03-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Does anyone else believe that the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer has too many great skills for one toon? It can revive and grant endure to the whole party at the same time, it can heal on its basic move, and it creates a titan shield based on max hp EVERY TURN. The toon already has a high basic hp, so its titan shield usually has the equivalent of a whole other toon's worth of hp (~15k).

Seriously, I've lost track of how many times a battle has ended up with me having one toon left and the enemy having a GCR left. There's literally no way to win a 1v1 with this toon unless you have a reviver of your own left to tackle it with or if you get incredibly lucky with a siege toon and manage not to die before the GCR falls. There isn't a single non-rare toon that can out-damage its titan shield every turn that I know of (I imagine only a Rainmaker Eddie is capable of doing this, but good luck acquiring one).

I'm sure the best counter argument here is "well, don't save the GCR for last, duh". Every time this has happened, it hasn't been by my choosing to do so on purpose. Usually my other toons get stunned/taunted to death until my only guy left is someone who can vanish. Then the infinite battle begins until I either die or manage to last long enough to draw.

As it currently stands, I don't understand why GCR hasn't been touched by the nerf-bat whereas other less-OP toons like the Sentinel Corrupt Droid and AoF/AoS have been nerfed hard (to oblivion in the case of the droid). The devs need to take a long, hard look at the GCR and determine if one toon deserves to have the skillset of Jesus.

slauki
03-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Does anyone else believe that the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer has too many great skills for one toon? It can revive and grant endure to the whole party at the same time, it can heal on its basic move, and it creates a titan shield based on max hp EVERY TURN. The toon already has a high basic hp, so its titan shield usually has the equivalent of a whole other toon's worth of hp (~15k).

Seriously, I've lost track of how many times a battle has ended up with me having one toon left and the enemy having a GCR left. There's literally no way to win a 1v1 with this toon unless you have a reviver of your own left to tackle it with or if you get incredibly lucky with a siege toon and manage not to die before the GCR falls. There isn't a single non-rare toon that can out-damage its titan shield every turn that I know of (I imagine only a Rainmaker Eddie is capable of doing this, but good luck acquiring one).

I'm sure the best counter argument here is "well, don't save the GCR for last, duh". Every time this has happened, it hasn't been by my choosing to do so on purpose. Usually my other toons get stunned/taunted to death until my only guy left is someone who can vanish. Then the infinite battle begins until I either die or manage to last long enough to draw.

As it currently stands, I don't understand why GCR hasn't been touched by the nerf-bat whereas other less-OP toons like the Sentinel Corrupt Droid and AoF/AoS have been nerfed hard (to oblivion in the case of the droid). The devs need to take a long, hard look at the GCR and determine if one toon deserves to have the skillset of Jesus.

very happy that someone else brings this up, since i feel like an idiot repeating myself over and over. for me this is one of the most ridiculous toons in the game. his skillset is enough for 3 toons, so i really don't know why they gave him all the good stuff...
you nailed it pretty good...

CanyptianFit
03-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Agree that GCR is pretty OP.

I've also called out that character.

One way I counter them is with "block beneficial effects" skill. It prevents the shield from coming up the next round enabling damage directly to the toon bypassing the shield.

Without blocking /removing the shield you do need a ton of damage.

Wish I had him in my arsenal.

ToTameAGame
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Agree that GCR is pretty OP.

I've also called out that character.

One way I counter them is with "block beneficial effects" skill. It prevents the shield from coming up the next round enabling damage directly to the toon bypassing the shield.

Without blocking /removing the shield you do need a ton of damage.

Wish I had him in my arsenal.

Steal his shield and use it for yourself!

Nicko
03-08-2017, 12:56 PM
I'd much rather face CR than SSD or CG. Lots of ways to deal with her.

Like TTaG said - steal the shield (Slauki - your Viking could do this)

Bring a Prisoner (ducking from rotten tomatoes thrown at me) Does Blue Bat work? Because Titan Shield renews every round assuming not

Bring Green Buzz

Use a Void Shield - she's physical damage

When there are this many ways to deal with a character, I don't see the need for a nerf. She's just a good example of how the right characters and Talismans need to be chosen for the battle.

R1ck
03-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Before I thought she was OP, when I first saw her in beta arena and she revive the whole party and kicked my ass. But after a while a manage to find a way to face her. Usually a use SoL Eddie, he blocks her shield for 2 turns and also heal your whole party completely.
I think GRE is OP, haha, too much damage for his slash; when repeat it four times can kill more than one toon.

gmac
03-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Does Blue Bat work? Because Titan Shield renews every round assuming not

Blue bat takes the Titan Shield down every round (if alive), also helps a lot if Endure is cast. Siege is awesome.

slauki
03-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Steal his shield and use it for yourself!

I'd much rather face CR than SSD or CG. Lots of ways to deal with her.

Like TTaG said - steal the shield (Slauki - your Viking could do this)

Bring a Prisoner (ducking from rotten tomatoes thrown at me) Does Blue Bat work? Because Titan Shield renews every round assuming not

Bring Green Buzz

Use a Void Shield - she's physical damage

When there are this many ways to deal with a character, I don't see the need for a nerf. She's just a good example of how the right characters and Talismans need to be chosen for the battle.

last time i stole the shield with the viking it was instantly replaced by a new one! that was in the beta, haven't tried it since then, is this fixed now??? anyway, yeah i also prefer her than the annoying taunters which you cannot caunter, but nontheless this is too much for one toon. another very often used toon assassin golden son has only 1/3 of the CRS power. very imbalanced in my opinion.

yeah bluebat works and everything is fine, but it's simply too much for only one toon i feel. but not as game breaking as other issues at the moment, i have to admit :-)

I think GRE is OP, haha, too much damage for his slash; when repeat it four times can kill more than one toon.
definetly true, slash shouldn't trigger more than once (maye it shouldn't retrigger at all, since the damage is awesome).

Kutte
03-08-2017, 04:58 PM
yepp, while it is not that hard to kill with mummy or viking (works great btw) and taunt/blind/freeze/stun team everybody and his/her pet uses, it has way to many gimmicks for one toon.

definetly true, slash shouldn't trigger more than once (maye it shouldn't retrigger at all, since the damage is awesome).
/offtopic: but unlike that Titan Shield it depends on luck and he is a glass cannon. maybe chances could be a little bit lower. no, i don't use one /end

calizario
03-08-2017, 05:33 PM
My opinion
Mummy needs to have power cost in taunt, no nerf him
SSD needs a litle nerf, like the CG that continues a good toon.
About the old talk about the Prinioner, I think it would be interesting to have a type of talisman that defends the passive of the type, but a talisma that did not give HP as much as atack, would be the choice of the player to save the passive or to have certain attributes in the player.

But that this annoying to see more 80% of the teams with Mummy and SSD this. Some fights have amused me when the chance to make a good strategy, but has hours that gets really annoying. I'm getting happy when I get ahead teams with Cyborg, (a) Troll and Priosioner together hehehehhe.

I see some, complaining about the points system, as I see the points system is good, if you are from a high division and win from a lower division player, you win little, but if you lose you have to lose a lot. This is a mathematics used in several games that use points x player level.

The revenge system has to be improved, it is not certain who attacked first get the advantage of having the last attack, example if I was attacked, i revenge and won, if the opponent attacked me again and I fight back and win .. ends there.

One of the things they should put in was the refill limit for sands of war and end Massive Pay-to-Win, so everyone has chances without spending an expressive amount of money.

I have been on this boat since the end of June, I dedicate hours of my day, I put aside my iRacing.com simulator to play this game, I still have a little faith in it, but a lot of things should be improved, especially the infrastructure of the game, Errors and especially improve access to characters and materials for evolution. This is getting annoying both for who spends money (yes I buy a lot in the game) and for those who are still playing in the free, get a rare soul for example and receive only trash or repeated characters. Until today I do not understand why the soul of A / G is an expensive item to buy with troopers points, does not have in the Store arena and is difficult to drop in the Secret Places, it is ridiculous it.

I do not remember where I read, but I found the truth. The players are wasting time and money and are getting very little in return.

Sorry for my bad English, but unfortunately not much native language.

Tritium
03-08-2017, 09:05 PM
I appreciate all of the counters you guys have made me aware of for the GCR. Even so, I still believe the toon has too many great gimmicks for one gal to have. Hell, even if its passive was changed to grant it a titan shield for 2 turns at the START of the battle it would be much more balanced. I feel that this would be a fair change for it ─ even if everything else was left as-is. Maybe then it wouldn't be so damn hard to face in a 1v1 when the RNG inevitably makes that happen again in the future. :p

scott-5496
03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
She is tough and when coupled with GR on full shards the team can be really strong. I came up against a few like this and even going first a couple of times resulted in a loss for me. They were coupled with Buzz and SSD both times.

I am not so sure she is OP by herself but in the right team she is a nightmare - if that team goes first I am usually dead after a round or three.

But then I do have a Troll and a Prisoner so I need to work better with my team to beat them - my defence is not great either but not sure how to improve my win rates due to the massive difference in offence teams facing me.

Still, the game is testing me and just desperate to get more Skill Shard to max out my teams.....back to the grind I suppose!

90mphyorker
03-10-2017, 08:31 AM
I don't think Corrupt Rescuer is OP but I think she has one too many powers.

Reviving an ally with full health and granting Endure for all allies for two rounds is an excessive skill.

Her Titan Sheild every round means she can be very hard to take out first round if you go first. Do it first and I don't have a problem with teams with her in. Fail to do so or attacking other characters first and she brings them back to life is the problem. Gone from near victory to defeat because whom she revived and not being able to kill because of endure.

Take one of those skills away and i think she'll still be powerful and a danger but not have too many powers.

konstifik
03-10-2017, 10:23 AM
I don't think Corrupt Rescuer is OP but I think she has one too many powers.

Reviving an ally with full health and granting Endure for all allies for two rounds is an excessive skill.

Her Titan Sheild every round means she can be very hard to take out first round if you go first. Do it first and I don't have a problem with teams with her in. Fail to do so or attacking other characters first and she brings them back to life is the problem. Gone from near victory to defeat because whom she revived and not being able to kill because of endure.

Take one of those skills away and i think she'll still be powerful and a danger but not have too many powers.

There are many ways to stop her from using the power skill though. Stun, freeze, taunt, silence and seal will all prevent that skill, and Permadeath will prevent characters from being revived. Many ways to get around Endure as well. I don't think I have ever lost when attacking a team with Gunner Corrupt Rescuer. Teams with her can certainly require some more work and strategy.

Also, her powers are not very dependent on which team goes first, which I like.

satani
03-10-2017, 01:17 PM
There are many ways to stop her from using the power skill though. Stun, freeze, taunt, silence and seal will all prevent that skill, and Permadeath will prevent characters from being revived. Many ways to get around Endure as well. I don't think I have ever lost when attacking a team with Gunner Corrupt Rescuer. Teams with her can certainly require some more work and strategy.

Also, her powers are not very dependent on which team goes first, which I like.

plus void talismans can kill her shield.
viking eddie (maybe the navigator, too) can steal her shield
The best way to kill her is yet, as you said by taunt, freeze and stun. (combine a corrupt general and mummy eddie/ssd and she's dead)

konstifik
03-12-2017, 05:07 PM
It does seem as though the Titan Shield of the GCR is a bit bugged though, as it reappears more or less at random. Sometimes it even refills during the same turn.

ill
03-18-2017, 09:45 PM
I would like to propose a suspect discussion on children of the damned. These are two premium characters (rare, high number of skill shards) which rarely make a PvP appearance. I purpose a slight change which could make them highly sought after.

Their basic abilities could be adjusted to grant a percentage chance for two immunities for allies. This would make it an option against stun teams who also have prisoner/blue bat. Sharding them up fully would give it a 50% chance to grant immunity for the team.

Jofer16
03-18-2017, 10:12 PM
I would like to propose a suspect discussion on children of the damned. These are two premium characters (rare, high number of skill shards) which rarely make a PvP appearance. I purpose a slight change which could make them highly sought after.

Their basic abilities could be adjusted to grant a percentage chance for two immunities for allies. This would make it an option against stun teams who also have prisoner/blue bat. Sharding them up fully would give it a 50% chance to grant immunity for the team.

I wish they would, gunner cotd was always my second favorite after prisoner. Finally pulled it from a nautical soul and actually got 2 :) I've tried using it in various arena teams but it's just not viable against the tier 1 characters. Bummer because they are all so cool. I'm sure there will be a future meta change making them useful. Currently it looks good on paper, good abilities, but just lacks damage or something, seems to drag the team down. I've only played around with gunner. Don't own the warrior or assassin but could see how they'd be similar or worse off in pvp.

Ezz
03-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Question about Grim Reaper Eddie - his slash attack has a 30% chance to reset. On a few occasions I have seen this thing trigger 3 times in a row. Is this supposed to happen?

I use Tail gunner Eddie religiously and his second chance attack has a 25% chance to reset (40% with skill shards like mine). Yet I have never, ever seen it trigger more than twice?
So one or the other must not be working as intended. I personally think triggering a high damage attack 3 times is ridiculous. Can take down half a full health team in pvp with one blow using that.

slauki
03-19-2017, 02:46 AM
Question about Grim Reaper Eddie - his slash attack has a 30% chance to reset. On a few occasions I have seen this thing trigger 3 times in a row. Is this supposed to happen?

I use Tail gunner Eddie religiously and his second chance attack has a 25% chance to reset (40% with skill shards like mine). Yet I have never, ever seen it trigger more than twice?
So one or the other must not be working as intended. I personally think triggering a high damage attack 3 times is ridiculous. Can take down half a full health team in pvp with one blow using that.

fully agree he does 3x5kish damage and can retrigger 3-4 times. even if you put 100 skillshartds into him, this is way too much. strongest eddie when maxxed, way too stong if you ask me. he can even kill hight health greens, this should never ever happend.

PerthEddie
03-19-2017, 03:13 AM
I am glad it is not just me who is wondering if GRE might possibly be a bit OP? Some of the ones I encountered in PvP this week are horrific. I actually wondered at times if I screwed up by maxing out my CRE instead of my GRE?

Aristo4
03-19-2017, 03:17 AM
fully agree he does 3x5kish damage and can retrigger 3-4 times. even if you put 100 skillshartds into him, this is way too much. strongest eddie when maxxed, way too stong if you ask me. he can even kill hight health greens, this should never ever happend.

I am glad it is not just me who is wondering if GRE might possibly be a bit OP? Some of the ones I encountered in PvP this week are horrific. I actually wondered at times if I screwed up by maxing out my CRE instead of my GRE?

Indeed he is a foking mofo, and if he takes 28 shards or is a glasscannon are no arguments for me. Others take 20 to 25 skills and are glasscannons too, but are not this OP mess GRE is.

slauki
03-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Indeed he is a foking mofo, and if he takes 28 shards or is a glasscannon are no arguments for me. Others take 20 to 25 skills and are glasscannons too, but are not this OP mess GRE is.

many were screaming as the rainmaker did the insane true damage of 15-18 k, and most were agreeing that it was OP. he got fixed very soon. but doing 3-5 times approx. 15k = 45-75k magic damage is totally okay for some people because he is a 5* and need 28 skills to shine? (actually you only need 5 for slash). if i follow this logic: rainmaker is also a 5* and need 31 skills i belive so maybe he should so 100k damage per hit?

or the other mighty 5* skillshard hungry eddies like vampire hunter, vision eddie and pharaoh?

no, actually not only GRE he is clearly off...

Ezz
03-19-2017, 07:58 PM
My point was not so much calling for a nerf but just checking if things are operating as intended.
As it works now GRE seems to have the chance to reset on the initial strike and then reset on a reset and so on infinitely. Just seems off to me. Is there a limiter that was forgotten or is he intended to potentially reset infinitely?

Tritium
03-19-2017, 08:01 PM
My point was not so much calling for a nerf but just checking if things are operating as intended.
As it works now GRE seems to have the chance to reset on the initial strike and then reset on a reset and so on infinitely. Just seems off to me. Is there a limiter that was forgotten or is he intended to potentially reset infinitely?

He can only reset up to 3 times.

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 08:26 PM
He can only reset up to 3 times.

Only...lol

Tritium
03-19-2017, 08:35 PM
Only...lol

;)

Ugh, 10 character min per post, huh.

Ezz
03-20-2017, 03:11 AM
"He can only reset up to 3 times."
Ok well that answers my question at least there is a limit. Thank you

That said I'll leave it up to the forum to chime in on whether or not they feel he is overpowered.

Ddrak
03-20-2017, 04:09 PM
On my "offence" list today, 10 out of 10 defending opponents were using MummyEddie.

Slightly suspect, i think.

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Hey Sparton, Kaz, Leviatien (whoever looks at this lol)

Can you guys put this char on the list and take a look for potential change/update? He's cool but should be a whole lot cooler... is a true damage char with really low MAG stat... seems like he should be closer in stats to Assassin ABB or Warrior Pyro... or is this intentional cuz it seems like someone got tired and hit "enter" on this guy....

Tritium
03-23-2017, 06:50 PM

Can you guys put this char on the list and take a look for potential change/update? He's cool but should be a whole lot cooler... is a true damage char with really low MAG stat... seems like he should be closer in stats to Assassin ABB or Warrior Pyro... or is this intentional cuz it seems like someone got tired and hit "enter" on this guy....

Not to mention his passive still seems to be a bit buggy where it often won't last for 2 turns for whatever reason─even in the absence of siege.

Nine
03-23-2017, 07:12 PM

I don't mind his offensive stats, what the Assassin has more in Magic he lacks in Attack , so it evens out. It just makes him easier to buff with Attack up and harder to buff with magic up, that's fine for me. The red Talisman slot prevents him from two set boni, that might be intended or not. In the right team his passive is quite fun - if it works *wave at Tritium*. I already suggested to up it to the stated 35% of the Sentinel's description but that won't happen. :p The only thing I have an issue with is his Power Ability. With one enemy, or even with two if you target a specific one, the chances you are wasting a turn are higher than it doing something useful. (Given Silence to wrong enemy can be worse than no Silence at all, if that means the other enemy uses his ability almost certainly). One could argue that a higher chance is too powerful against a team of four (or even five in LoL). I would, however, propose to try something similar to Storm Eddies stun, which propability effictively increases the fewer enemies there are. Could be used for Tailgunner as well...

What of course is horrible is his AI for farming, using Silence way too much, but that's a different topic. Although I think we are wrong here anyway since the topic should be about too powerful chars, which is defintely not...

mjmxiii
03-25-2017, 12:03 AM
I don't mind his offensive stats, what the Assassin has more in Magic he lacks in Attack , so it evens out. It just makes him easier to buff with Attack up and harder to buff with magic up, that's fine for me. The red Talisman slot prevents him from two set boni, that might be intended or not. In the right team his passive is quite fun - if it works *wave at Tritium*. I already suggested to up it to the stated 35% of the Sentinel's description but that won't happen. :p The only thing I have an issue with is his Power Ability. With one enemy, or even with two if you target a specific one, the chances you are wasting a turn are higher than it doing something useful. (Given Silence to wrong enemy can be worse than no Silence at all, if that means the other enemy uses his ability almost certainly). One could argue that a higher chance is too powerful against a team of four (or even five in LoL). I would, however, propose to try something similar to Storm Eddies stun, which propability effictively increases the fewer enemies there are. Could be used for Tailgunner as well...

What of course is horrible is his AI for farming, using Silence way too much, but that's a different topic. Although I think we are wrong here anyway since the topic should be about too powerful chars, which is defintely not...

Oh ok, I thought his assassin brother was around 595 in ATK and MAG but I could be wrong... I have not noticed any issue or bug with his passive either... had him for a while but just started building him up... really cool char, will keep an eye out for those bugs you guys mentioned and I agree, he uses power move a bit too much on autoplay.

Askora
03-25-2017, 05:16 PM
When he's playing on some of the defensive teams I've faced, I've seen GRE reset and strike 5 or 6 times. Offensively, I feel I'm extremely lucky if mine resets once.

Aristo4
03-25-2017, 05:26 PM
When he's playing on some of the defensive teams I've faced, I've seen GRE reset and strike 5 or 6 times. Offensively, I feel I'm extremely lucky if mine resets once.

This shouldn't annoy us and we should just shut up.. after all we all have him and he takes 28 shards to max, so its all fine.

/end sarcasm.

Silentknight
03-25-2017, 05:33 PM

I've only seen 4 but yeah,think 2 is enuf

Tritium
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM

Wait, do you mean his basic 3-hit move resetting 5-6 times? Or do you mean his basic resetting twice for 6 hits (3 hits x 2 resets)? I've NEVER seen his basic reset any more than 3 times total (for 9 hits total) before, and thought that was the cap for it resetting. Huh. I'm confused now lol.

Maybe he was on a team with an AoF and therefore got to use another turn after a kill? That's the only way I could see him resetting his basic more than 3 times in one go.

Askora
03-25-2017, 07:15 PM
No AoF, and basic move resetting 5 or 6 times wiping out pretty much entire team. It's rare, but still kind of stinks when you're on the receiving end of it. Still don't like the idea of him being nerfed. I don't think nerfing anything would be an issue if the AI worked reasonably.

mjmxiii
03-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Hmm, this just happened to me... Slash retriggered 3 times and AoF took out char then GR hit me with another 3 reset slash and hell followed with em lol.. my assertion... definitely not bugged! I say GR w/Aof is just a devastating combo...

mjmxiii
04-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Wanted to through this guy in the pile... he has high ATK stat that is kinda useless since he only deals magic damage...would be a lot cooler if he got a similar fix to Atillery Dog in DEF and MR. Might see more of him in PvP if he had a decent passive too. 2 cents...

Lulero
07-10-2017, 04:17 PM
About Cyborg:

If I'm not wrong the rollback of the change from 6 to 5 power cost on scan isn't documented, nor the fact the AI no longer can use it (afaik). It was nice while it lasted. I can understand why it'd stay at 6, but can the AI learn to use it again? It hurts a bit in PvE, but can't the AI be smart about that? Can think of a lot of other toons that you'd want to act differently on auto PvE farm and in a defensive lineup.

blade685
01-04-2018, 05:59 PM
i think pvp "cheated advantage" defence teams need to be updated.
it become ridiculous many battles are completely impossible to win.
buf removers in def remove all buf and in offence remove only 1 or 2 or 0...
for example many times i can't remove Endure for entire battle...
I must just don't play vs many "cheated" defence now
pvp is real pain to play now :(
And if like me you don't have VH Eddie, Navigator Eddie, The Prisoner, Alliance General or Astra_VS, you can say goodbye to top 10 if you have a life :rolleyes:
Some updates are in progress Sparton or NF are waiting 90% players leave the game?

Thanks to read my comment :)

blade685
01-08-2018, 06:44 PM
no news ;)

Liebhild
01-09-2018, 08:02 AM
You will not get an answer on this from NF. Tried several times.

It is part of their fraud, so they cannot answer.

blade685
01-09-2018, 10:04 AM
You will not get an answer on this from NF. Tried several times.

It is part of their fraud, so they cannot answer.

i know they never answer to that sort of questions...

lukeskywalker914
01-05-2021, 06:56 AM
I totally agree I posted a forum on PvP Balance which is totally open for your opinions.