PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden 2017 North American Tour!!!

BillLion
01-19-2017, 02:17 PM
http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/iron-maiden-the-book-of-souls-tour-returns-to-north-america-in-2017

My fellow Americans -which show are you going to? MA or NY for me!

Pretty pumped -I already saw them twice on the first leg of this tour so I'm surprised to see them back here.

RCarter
01-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Bristow, VA for me!

BillLion
01-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Bristow, VA for me!

Fantastic! Did you see them on this tour yet? They were great.

I wish they'd mix up the setlist a bit, but I know that IM does not do that...period. :) Can't complain too much though, happy to see them again.

powerslave74
01-19-2017, 09:08 PM
I wish they were going to be playing near me. I missed out on seeing them last year. Definitely one of the best bands I've gotten to see live!

Shifter
01-19-2017, 10:05 PM
They go on pre-sale on 1/24 for the fan club. Looking forward to seeing them again on 6/27.

KuroKitty
01-19-2017, 11:13 PM
Las Vegas Nevada for me!!!Omg you have no idea how excited I am!This will be my very first Iron Maiden concert EVER!!!

iPoop
01-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Philadelphia baby!

Chaosego888
01-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Charlotte, NC. on a Friday night. This will be my 5th time since the Somewhere back in time show in Los Angeles in 2008 or 2009. I didn't get to see them the last time they were in the US though

Chaosego888
01-20-2017, 01:48 AM
Bristow, VA for me!
Is this near Washington DC? I think this is where I saw them a few years back when Dream Theater opened and It was pouring down rain. Everyone there was soaked. They dedicated Blood Brothers to Ronnie James Dio and there was actually a real Rainbow in the Dark over the stage. Truly surreal moment.

RCarter
01-20-2017, 04:34 AM
Fantastic! Did you see them on this tour yet? They were great.

I wish they'd mix up the setlist a bit, but I know that IM does not do that...period. :) Can't complain too much though, happy to see them again.

Last tours I saw was Somewhere In Time and Powerslave, so its been a while since Ive seen them in person. Heard some boots and saw some clips from the first leg, and they sound like they are having a great time.

Yes Chaos, Bristow is near DC. Its about a 3 1/2hour drive for me, but totally worth it. Been too long since Ive seen them in person.

Bristow allows tailgating, so we will be there early. Lots of good food and drink. There is a big retail center down the street a little ways with plenty of pregame options if tailgating isnt your thing.

KuroKitty
01-20-2017, 04:45 AM
I mentioned before I never been to a Maiden show therefore this will be my very first and I'm actually sacrificing Anime Expo LA for this concert since its on the same weekend and I usually always go to LA for that event every year on the 4th of July but I really wanna see Maiden so I have to skip AX for this concert,you guys can guarantee that it will be worth the sacrifice right?I am so ready to scream for Maiden.

Shifter
01-20-2017, 05:07 AM
They are very much worth it. This will be my 8th show in the past 30 or so years. I wish it was the 80th.

BillLion
01-20-2017, 02:02 PM
I mentioned before I never been to a Maiden show therefore this will be my very first and I'm actually sacrificing Anime Expo LA for this concert since its on the same weekend and I usually always go to LA for that event every year on the 4th of July but I really wanna see Maiden so I have to skip AX for this concert,you guys can guarantee that it will be worth the sacrifice right?I am so ready to scream for Maiden.

Guaranteed! I am so excited for you to see them for the first time. You'll be blown away!

Kardas
01-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Obviously I can't go being stuck on the other side of the pond, but the openers they've announced are all excellent: Kamelot, Exodus, Ghost...

Seen both Exodus and Ghost live and they ruled, I also heard good things about Kamelot

KuroKitty
01-20-2017, 08:33 PM
The only thing that bites is its gonna cost a lot of money but at this point I don't care,this is my only chance and the money I spend for this concert would be just about the same as I would have spent in Anime Expo LA.
I am taking my bf with me and a friend of mine is in the process of making me an Eddie plushie and when she finally sends it to me I'm gonna take him with me :) (Powerslave Eddie btw)

Slim
01-22-2017, 05:16 PM
I'll be going to the San Antonio show, i'm stoked to see them play with Ghost (for those of you who haven't seen Ghost, they put on a helluva show)! Did anyone see Maiden last year? I was wondering how heavy the setlist would be with older favorites.

Kardas
01-22-2017, 09:56 PM
I'll be going to the San Antonio show, i'm stoked to see them play with Ghost (for those of you who haven't seen Ghost, they put on a helluva show)! Did anyone see Maiden last year? I was wondering how heavy the setlist would be with older favorites.

I saw them in Arnhem, and I remember them playing Children of the Damned (which was really well performed), Trooper, Powerslave (yusssss), Hallowed (it's back yay), FotD, Iron Maiden, NotB and Wasted Years (cool choice for a closer). And Blood Brothers. I bet they'll change the closer for 2017 and replaced CotD with a different deep cut off Number of the Beast (The Prisoner maybe). Maybe they'll also swap out Powerslave for a different song (2 Minutes maybe?)
Personally though, the real highlights for me was the new material. Speed of Light was awesome, and The Book of Souls turned into a hell of a performance.

Chaosego888
01-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Just got my tickets for Charlotte, NC. Got section 1. I am glad I was patient with ticketmaster site, almost settled for section 12

IceManFerrar
01-24-2017, 05:37 PM
Anyone care to share how much are the tickets? I live in Raleigh NC so closest would be Charlotte. I'm a lifetime Maiden fan and would love to see them in concert for the 1st time. Missed them a few years back when they were in Raleigh.

Saigrim
01-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Got my tickets this morning!

Sprint Center, Kansas City, July 11th.

See my fellow Troopers there in the fan club section.

Up the Irons!

Saigrim
01-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Anyone care to share how much are the tickets? I live in Raleigh NC so closest would be Charlotte. I'm a lifetime Maiden fan and would love to see them in concert for the 1st time. Missed them a few years back when they were in Raleigh.

All said and done, $478 for four in the fan club section. (Premium seating)
Worth every goddamn penny!

IceManFerrar
01-24-2017, 07:14 PM
All said and done, $478 for four in the fan club section. (Premium seating)
Worth every goddamn penny!

Thanks mate!

Chaosego888
01-24-2017, 11:31 PM
My 4 were $511 including ticketmaster fees, insurance, shipping, etc. I think the fan club route may be the only way to get anything other than lawn this time.

IceManFerrar
01-24-2017, 11:46 PM
My 4 were $511 including ticketmaster fees, insurance, shipping, etc. I think the fan club route may be the only way to get anything other than lawn this time.

Thanks mate. Seeing a Maiden concert live is on my bucket list...I have to wait until Friday when they open up the tickets on Friday. Really hope that I can get some tickets for the wife and myself.

Cheers!

Shifter
01-25-2017, 12:26 AM
Paid $650 for 4, but that was because of the additional vip tickets/parking I purchased. For just the Premium seats it's $100 plus the ticket fees.
The fan club is only $40 to sign up and lets you get 4 seats at each venue.

This is for the New Mexico show.

Chaosego888
01-25-2017, 04:36 AM
Thanks mate. Seeing a Maiden concert live is on my bucket list...I have to wait until Friday when they open up the tickets on Friday. Really hope that I can get some tickets for the wife and myself.

Cheers!
You can also download the Live Nation app and get them a day early that way. Sometimes you can call ticketmaster and get a promo code as well.

IceManFerrar
01-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Thanks mate, really appreciate the tip/advice! Will do what you suggest!
Cheers!

IceManFerrar
01-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Managed to get 2 tickets in Section 5, but further back in Row P. Sigh, was crazy today with the mobile app pre-sales...seats were disappearing like mad.
Oh well, better than the lawn sections and it is in the center, so I'm happy. My first Maiden concert...yea...Up the Irons!

Btw, has anyone purchased these Trooper VIP packages: http://troopervipus.tunestub.com/event.cfm?cart&id=254979 ? Is it worth it?

RCarter
01-28-2017, 03:24 PM
In for Bristow, Sec 302, row F...

Shoulda done presale, but glad to be in opening night!

druid138
01-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Flying from the Pacific Northwest to Las Vegas. Section 7.

I've been a huge Maiden fan since 1989, but somehow this will be my first time seeing them live.

druid138-6195

Chaosego888
01-29-2017, 10:54 AM

I've been a huge Maiden fan since 1989, but somehow this will be my first time seeing them live.

druid138-6195 It took me awhile too. I have been a fan since 1983 and saw them first in 2008. They only played California and New York in the States for years. I got Pit Passes and flew from South Carolina to Los Angeles for the Somewhere Back in Time tour. I have seen them in Virginia, Tampa and Charlotte since then. Hope your first experience is awesome, I am sure it will be

kkkreg5
01-30-2017, 02:20 AM

Slim, I'll be at the San Antonio show. Not a big fan of Ghost, want to see the production, small as it may be. Excited to hear the Book Of Souls tunes live. This will make my 5th Maiden show since '99. My first was with Blaze...

BillLion
01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Cool to see so many here going to shows! I ended up getting tix for the MA show.

For those curious about their setlist, here was the first leg of the Book of Souls tour:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2016/wacken-open-air-wacken-schleswig-holstein-germany-73fcb6a9.html **Spoilers**

If they make tweaks at all they'll only be minor as Maiden doesn't vary much if at all on a tour. Pumped to see them yet again!

And I'm excited for those here who will be seeing them for the first time -you're in for a nice treat!

RCarter
01-30-2017, 06:30 PM
First glance at the setlist, and I thought: "Maiden covering BOC I can kinda get, but Smokey Robinson?"

No kidding...

powerslave74
01-31-2017, 09:45 AM

druid138-6195

@KuroKitty, @IceManFerrar, and @druid I am so happy for all of you that you are getting to see Maiden live for the first time. You will all enjoy the show. I have never seen Ghost live, but I have heard that they put on a hell of a show. Like others here, I have been a longtime fan (1985), and it took me until 2012 to see them live for the first time when Alice Cooper opened for them. I have seen a lot of concerts and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen!

IceManFerrar
01-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Cheers powerslave, I am definitely excited to see them. Been a fan for over 20 years now and own all the main albums...just love them! Dragging the wife along, so hopefully she will enjoy it as well.

Cheers!

propagandy
02-22-2017, 02:07 PM
Cool to see so many here going to shows! I ended up getting tix for the MA show.

For those curious about their setlist, here was the first leg of the Book of Souls tour:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2016/wacken-open-air-wacken-schleswig-holstein-germany-73fcb6a9.html **Spoilers**

If they make tweaks at all they'll only be minor as Maiden doesn't vary much if at all on a tour. Pumped to see them yet again!

And I'm excited for those here who will be seeing them for the first time -you're in for a nice treat!

It's so funny that I haven't seen this thread until now! I am going to the June 11th show in Tampa FL and cannot wait to see them again. I looked up the tour setlist on The Final Frontier tour before they came and made a mix of the list just to get stoked for the show. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't mind the spoiler.

Did the same thing for this tour using Apple Music. If anyone feels like listening to it, here's a link https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/iron-maiden-book-of-souls-tour-setlist/idpl.4bb370bfe048486099f669f6652a45b2

BillLion
02-22-2017, 02:30 PM
It's so funny that I haven't seen this thread until now! I am going to the June 11th show in Tampa FL and cannot wait to see them again. I looked up the tour setlist on The Final Frontier tour before they came and made a mix of the list just to get stoked for the show. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't mind the spoiler.

Did the same thing for this tour using Apple Music. If anyone feels like listening to it, here's a link https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/iron-maiden-book-of-souls-tour-setlist/idpl.4bb370bfe048486099f669f6652a45b2

Thanks for sharing that -gonna grab it!

I saw them in Tampa too (and Lauderdale) on the Final Frontier tour.

Chaosego888
02-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Thanks for sharing that -gonna grab it!

I saw them in Tampa too (and Lauderdale) on the Final Frontier tour.
I was at that show too... Cool to see other people travel to shows.

Coletrain
05-24-2017, 08:26 PM
If you've seen them, what time about did the concert end? I'm trying to plan transportation since they're not coming to my city and I'm weighing my options depending on when the concert ends.

Fudjo
05-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Will be at the show in Mansfield, MA on July 19. Will probably take the day off to have some tailgating fun before the show.

RCarter
06-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Leaving for Bristow now.

North American opening night!

PerthEddie
06-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I am so jealous that you guys in North America get to see them again so soon. Would have loved them to come back to Australia too.

Hope everyone who goes to see them again has a great time

IceManFerrar
06-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Enjoy the show, RCarter...I'm off to Charlotte NC next Friday for the show. Hope to meet up with Chaosego888.

Heading for the Ardbeg Kelpie Launch now in a bit at a local bar...fun times this weekend and the next, oh yea! :)

Askora
06-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Wish I could make it to see them this year, but not going to happen. Last show I saw was in Albuquerque on Maiden England tour. Outdoor stage, sleeting before the show. Bruce had a blast running and sliding across the stage.

Saw them on Somewhere in Time and Powerslave tours as well. They're f*cking amazing in concert. My all time favorite band to see.

Enjoy the show and know that a lot of us are jealous.:cool:

RCarter
06-04-2017, 12:54 PM
If you've seen them, what time about did the concert end? I'm trying to plan transportation since they're not coming to my city and I'm weighing my options depending on when the concert ends.

Great show last night! Rolled into bed about 3am a little road weary, but satisfied.

Ghost hit the stage promptly at 730, so dont think you have any extra time to get to your seats if you want to catch their set. They played for just about 45 minutes. They were a terrific match. Couldnt tell you the names of any two of their songs, but loved what I heard last night. Great band.

A schedule at the venue said that Maiden would take the stage at 850, and right at 850 Maiden walked on stage. Just short of two face meltingly bad ass hours later, they walked off stage at 1045.

Not gonna go into detail about the show. The band was tight, the crowd was hype, the setlist rocked (holy shit does Speed of Light rock live!), and met some of the nicest folks preshow in the parking lot. Everything you would expect in an Iron Maiden show!

I hope that I dont have to go another 30 years before the stars line up to see them again!

Nicko
06-04-2017, 01:52 PM
I see them in two weeks. Have seen them a lot and every time they deliver an amazing performance.

I'm really looking forward to Ghost - first time seeing them but I've seen videos. I'd call them more pop theater than metal - their songs are really catchy and their stage show looks like something out of a cheesy 60s satanic cult movie.

Less than two weeks...

Crazypants
06-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Great show last night! Rolled into bed about 3am a little road weary, but satisfied.

Ghost hit the stage promptly at 730, so dont think you have any extra time to get to your seats if you want to catch their set. They played for just about 45 minutes. They were a terrific match. Couldnt tell you the names of any two of their songs, but loved what I heard last night. Great band.

A schedule at the venue said that Maiden would take the stage at 850, and right at 850 Maiden walked on stage. Just short of two face meltingly bad ass hours later, they walked off stage at 1045.

Not gonna go into detail about the show. The band was tight, the crowd was hype, the setlist rocked (holy shit does Speed of Light rock live!), and met some of the nicest folks preshow in the parking lot. Everything you would expect in an Iron Maiden show!

I hope that I dont have to go another 30 years before the stars line up to see them again!

Nice writeup! Glad you had a good time. I see them in Chicago in a couple weeks. It will be the second time Ive seen them at this venue (7th time overall). Last time (2012) it was 106 degrees and the medics were carting ppl out who were dumb enough to drink beer in that heat. It was still an epic show and I was blown away how good opening act Alice Cooper was but Im Hoping its no where near that hot again.

Nicko
06-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Nice writeup! Glad you had a good time. I see them in Chicago in a couple weeks. It will be the second time Ive seen them at this venue (7th time overall). Last time (2012) it was 106 degrees and the medics were carting ppl out who were dumb enough to drink beer in that heat. It was still an epic show and I was blown away how good opening act Alice Cooper was but Im Hoping its no where near that hot again.

I was at that show! Was supposed to be in the pit and injured my leg so they seated us in a special section and was really glad - it looked brutal down there in that heat!

RCarter
06-04-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to Ghost - first time seeing them but I've seen videos. I'd call them more pop theater than metal - their songs are really catchy and their stage show looks like something out of a cheesy 60s satanic cult movie.

Spot on with the pop theater tag. They definitely are working a formula with their schtick. The Pope -or whatever he calls himself- did a great job working the crowd. I found the theater element really played nicely to building up to the Maiden set, which had quite the theater element itself.

They are totally worth being on time to see.

Mariner-1212
06-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Question guys - how old do you think is the minimum age for bringing your kid to his first Maiden concert? I'm really debating grabbing a couple of the VIP box seats to the Chicago show next week, as I'm thinking that would be the least-crazy section to be in with him. He just turned 10. Too young? Should I wait until they come around again... whenever that might be?

Nicko
06-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Question guys - how old do you think is the minimum age for bringing your kid to his first Maiden concert? I'm really debating grabbing a couple of the VIP box seats to the Chicago show next week, as I'm thinking that would be the least-crazy section to be in with him. He just turned 10. Too young? Should I wait until they come around again... whenever that might be?

I see kids at Maiden shows, so I don't see an issue as long as you're not in the pit. The main thing I'd be concerned about would be volume - so earplugs may be a good idea.

Crazypants
06-04-2017, 03:34 PM

My buddy brought his 7 yr old to a show and I've seen younger. Things to consider.

Sound - ear protection is a must. Amazon has concert rated kids headsets for around $20. Check the reviews for good ones.

Elements - hydration and sun protection. My buddy had a kids boonie hat, sun glasses for his son plus sun screen that worked well. I always bring a pocket pancho in case it rains.

Hope that helps. It will definitely be one to remember.

Mariner-1212
06-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Awesome, thanks for the feedback and ideas, Nicko and Crazypants... I'm going to do it (with ear protection). He's going to be so stoked when I surprise him with this. Up the irons!

RCarter
06-04-2017, 04:08 PM
I would go with headphone type hearing protection over plugs. Plugs can be a pain in the ass, and difficult to set properly. Phones will give you max protection, and are super easy to set.

Noise cancelling would be the king.

I started doing hearing protection at shows because of medical reasons (wore plugs last night), and just so happen to be in the safety profession.

Nicko
06-04-2017, 06:42 PM
I would go with headphone type hearing protection over plugs. Plugs can be a pain in the ass, and difficult to set properly. Phones will give you max protection, and are super easy to set.

Noise cancelling would be the king.

I started doing hearing protection at shows because of medical reasons (wore plugs last night), and just so happen to be in the safety profession.

I don't go to shows without them anymore. Just not worth it - and I find you can actually hear the parts better

RCarter
06-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't go to shows without them anymore. Just not worth it - and I find you can actually hear the parts better

Amen to that!

NC phones take out all of the boominess and wide reverb from poor sound management or venue lameness.

Nicko
06-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Amen to that!

NC phones take out all of the boominess and wide reverb from poor sound management or venue lameness.

I use "Musicians" earplugs. Do t know if I'd be motivated enough to drag along a set of headphones!

Crazypants
06-04-2017, 09:40 PM
I was at that show! Was supposed to be in the pit and injured my leg so they seated us in a special section and was really glad - it looked brutal down there in that heat!

Interesting fact about that show the only good bootleg recording (I collect Maiden live Bootlegs) of that show is cut a few songs short because the recorders teen son passed out from heat exhaustion. I was in the Grass for that one but we were up by one of the seat entrances and I was blown away how many ppl they brought out on a stretcher or were helping out with an IV hook up. I waited to start drinking until i was nice and safe back in my air conditioned hotel. Hope the leg wasn't to serious, missing that pit was probably a mixed blessing.

treeb0mbb
06-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Man I really wanted to go and see maiden live as well but probably can't because my car recently broke down and don't really have a ride so that sucks. Plus this would have been my first time seeing them as well such an amazing band so close but yet so far. They are going to be playing in Tampa which is an hour from me but oh well. Hopefully maiden still goes on for a couple of years and I'll get to catch them live sometime if they are in the area again.

Nicko
06-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Man I really wanted to go and see maiden live as well but probably can't because my car recently broke down and don't really have a ride so that sucks. Plus this would have been my first time seeing them as well such an amazing band so close but yet so far. They are going to be playing in Tampa which is an hour from me but oh well. Hopefully maiden still goes on for a couple of years and I'll get to catch them live sometime if they are in the area again.

Rent a car.

$30 well spent ;)

treeb0mbb
06-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Rent a car.

$30 well spent ;)

Man I really wish I could but sadly I am under 21 so that's not gonna happen :/. But I totally would really worth it to go and see them