PDA

View Full Version : Are rare assassin/gunner souls worth it?

nuclear1250
01-19-2017, 02:25 PM
No, seriously: I want to know.

I went through a bit of an experiment briefly: after I maxed my CR Eddie out with skill shards, I decided to surrender a few weeks worth of skills shards and instead spend my trooper badges on these things.

I got about 30 odd souls. I opened them all...

All 3* toons. None of them really that good as half of them were dupes of each other.

I know it's RNG and all that, but come ON. I just blew lord knows how many skill shards just to try and get something decent from these things only to get completely sh@t on.

Surely I can't be the only one with such rotten luck with these things?

Patrice-1201
01-19-2017, 02:49 PM
No, seriously: I want to know.

I went through a bit of an experiment briefly: after I maxed my CR Eddie out with skill shards, I decided to surrender a few weeks worth of skills shards and instead spend my trooper badges on these things.

I got about 30 odd souls. I opened them all...

All 3* toons. None of them really that good as half of them were dupes of each other.

I know it's RNG and all that, but come ON. I just blew lord knows how many skill shards just to try and get something decent from these things only to get completely sh@t on.

Surely I can't be the only one with such rotten luck with these things?

yes i have given up on these a long time ago, it felt like I as running a Kennel....

Arcturus
01-19-2017, 03:14 PM
I mean, yeah, the drop rates suck. But it's the only way to get a lot of characters (except legendary souls, which really aren't much better). I prefer to by a rare G/A soul occasionally but not get my hopes up. We're bound to get lucky sooner or later.

BillLion
01-19-2017, 03:40 PM
I've not had much luck with the G/A rare should despite spending a decent amount of trooper badges on them initially. Always disappointing except my first assassin artillery dog.

The best gunner I ever got (Gunner COTD) came from a legendary soul. No complaint about that 4* character from a legendary...

This leaves a long list of gunner/assassin characters that i desire still out there. For now my badges get skill shards and I open (with little expectation) whatever G/A rare souls come my way.

Leo_ID
01-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Can't remember the last time I bought a G/A soul from the store, but yes, I had once a good luck from it. ONCE. It was a Tailgunner Eddie.

I got Desert Marauder, Allied Bomber Boy, and Storm Eddie from G/A souls from achievement reward, daily reward, or secret locations (can't remember which one, but they're free).

So is it worth the 3750 trooper badges? As I need skill shards more than new characters, I would say no.

Hypnos
01-19-2017, 04:01 PM
They are only worth it if you end up getting what you actually wanted.

9/10 times you're wasting your time and hard earned badges.

Kardas
01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
I've been keeping track of all Rare GA souls I ever spent, and so far I haven't gotten a single premium character from them. This is from 15 souls.

There was also a thread where people were saying what they got from their Rare GA souls, which was 25 Rare GA souls total, and from that thread I saw 1 4* and 1 5* pop up.

It's commonly accepted that Rare Souls have a 10% chance to drop a premium character, which probably also applies for Rare Warrior/Sentinel/Magus souls.

The Rare GA soul droprate seems to be much lower though. I can only really recommend buying Rare GA souls if there's a particular 3* you want

Chaosego888
01-20-2017, 03:00 AM
I would definitely buy skill shards. I wasted tons of badges on these early on trying to get Cyborg Eddie. I have probably pulled more Gunner Dogs than I have Desert Warriors. I did get lucky once dropping 3 at a time and got an Artillery Dog & Corrupt Harpy. If you want to get Assasins and Gunners, Wait until the next time they release the BNW/Christmas souls or whatever they will be called next time and get a bunch of them. I have gotten every Gunner/Assassin in the game from these with the exception of The Prisoner, Desert Marauder, Pyro Soldier and the 4 five star Eddies

Thedarkness
02-11-2017, 02:05 AM
Bought a rare gun/assassin soul, red eyes... (F'n) Soldier Eddie... Facepalm

Sid-2370

BillLion
02-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Bought a rare gun/assassin soul, red eyes... (F'n) Soldier Eddie... Facepalm

Sid-2370

That's the usual pain. Never got my Cyborg but did get my Tailgunner Eddie a couple weeks ago and that got me excited. Now if only he'd stop shooting himself :cool:

Tritium
02-12-2017, 06:51 PM
After spending near 15k-20k trooper badges just to get an AGS, I can say without a doubt that A/G souls aren't worth it. The only other worthwhile toon I received was two Desert Marauders. Everything else was worthless toons and dupe Storm Eddies. Since then, I've solely spent trooper badges on skill shards and haven't looked back!

Piece of Mind
02-12-2017, 10:11 PM
So not worth it. Just blew 60k worth of badges on rare gun/assassin souls. Only new thing was a Corrupt Ox Cultist. I'll never learn.

IceManFerrar
02-12-2017, 10:38 PM
After spending near 15k-20k trooper badges just to get an AGS, I can say without a doubt that A/G souls aren't worth it. The only other worthwhile toon I received was two Desert Marauders. Everything else was worthless toons and dupe Storm Eddies. Since then, I've solely spent trooper badges on skill shards and haven't looked back!

Wow mate, so lucky with the AGS...that, Troll, and Angel of Fear are the toons which I desire the most!

Fudjo
02-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Skill Shards are the most important things you can buy for your team. There's no point in spending your Trooper points on anything else.

MoonShadow
02-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Haven't spent badges on G/A souls from a long time... it's useless. Better investing them in skill shards, I think. I open ocasionally G/A souls from achievements or from SL/LoL (extremely rarely drops), and got a couple of days ago a Storm Eddie. The 4th one.