PDA

View Full Version : Ascension Talisman (Ward)

Nine
01-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Does anybody have an idea where exactly to look for these or could at least confirm they are actually dropping right now?

I have been farming Kingdom of the Sands (Madness) for quite some time and have not encountered a single one. While I have numerous Mystical ones and some Overwhelming - which seem absolutely useless -, Ward just doesn't seem to exist.

At first I stuck to the higer levels, including Horus and up to three nodes before him but started to varry more when I had no luck there. No idea if the node actually affects the item dropped or just increases the chance of more drops.

While we are at it, Penetrating Talismans seem only drop for me as Sorcery, is this a common problem similar to assassin shields or just bad luck?

powerslave74
01-20-2017, 11:34 AM
i autofarmed Crucible of Pain (Madness) in Kingdom of Sands all night. I received 2 ascension talismans. 1 was a ward and 1 was mystical. I was also rewarded with a penetrating (power) talisman from one of the secret locations. They do exist; it might just be bad luck and take more patience for you to receive them. Hopefully, you get the talismans you want soon.

Nine
01-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Thanks a lot for your reply, I really started wondering! However, I am not entirely sure, if that is good or bad news. If nobody was getting them it would at lease be something that could be fixed :p

If I counted correctly I got 16 Ascension Talismans in total, none of which are Ward. If I assume all three versions are dropped with equal probability, chances that this happens are under 0.2%. Not going to waste anymore time for a nice-to-have Talisman. Those I'd really want are a third Death Mark and a second (or three more if I have the choice) Stone Talisman, but those are not farmable anyways. Oh, and Vampiric and Guard would also be nice, but never mind...

druid138
01-21-2017, 01:03 AM
I've seen 4-5 of these over the past few days following Powerslave (Madness), so they're out there. Who are you going to use them on?

druid138-6195

Nine
01-21-2017, 12:13 PM
I want pair for my Pharao Dog King. I guess their overall use is limited, although they might come in handy for a Mummy or Pharao Eddie (not that I'll ever get the latter one).

My first Ward one actually dropped now when I put some Troopers through Crucible of Pain - as the 18th Ascension Talisman I got. One down, one to go...

Kardas
01-21-2017, 12:38 PM
A few other interesting candidates for Ascension Talismans would be Visions Eddie, Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy (if going for a damage loadout) and the Magus Allied Soldier.

I got a pair of Ascension Wards to lv50 today, and I'm gonna test them on a few characters (Mummy as well)

druid138
01-21-2017, 05:26 PM
I got a pair of Ascension Wards to lv50 today, and I'm gonna test them on a few characters (Mummy as well)

Please let us know what you find. I powered up a few early on, before I realized there were better options for that character. And, I've been waiting for an opportunity to put them to use.

druid138-6195

Kardas
01-22-2017, 10:57 PM
I've done some testing and got some results on Crucible of Pain Madness. All toons lv100 with max Skill Shards and lv50 Talismans:

Part 1: Mummy Eddie
2 Health Mystical, 2 Health Ward, 1 blue Power, 1 green Ward
vs.
2 Health Mystical, 2 Ascension Ward, 1 blue Power, 1 green Ward

Ascension Talismans offer a liiiiiiittle bit more offense than the Health Talismans. But not by much. A Perfect on the Rock Golem adds only 80 extra damage. Personally, I don't think that adds enough to justify replacing your Health sets for the Mummy. If you really want a damaging Mummy loadout, have nothing but green Ward Talismans.

Part 2: Magus Allied Soldier
3 Freeze Power, 2 Holy Power, 1 green Ward
vs.
3 Freeze Power, 2 Ascension Ward, 1 blue Power

In this case, the soldier is way less damaging with an Ascension set than with a Holy set. If you want more Health though, it's probably still your better than a Health option (the 5 blue 1 green Talisman option gives your soldier 15K HP though). People have said before that they're not sure about the HP scaling present on the blue soldier's attack, and I can see exactly why.

I'll just save my Ascension set for Visions Ed I think

EDIT: I forgot to add that I eyeballed their stat bonuses on my PDK. My 1 green Ward & 1 blue Power had a better MAGIC stat than the 2 Ascension Wards (both with 4 Paladin Power Talismans alongside them)

Nine
01-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Thanks for testing, Kardas!

Glad to hear it isn't worth leveling them for the Mummy before I did it. Although, now I doubt I'll spend more runes on them at all. If their use is as limited as it seems I'd rather use Health Wards on PDK and have a use for the Talismans on other Characters, too.

Oh, by the way: It was your Mummy that got me interested in the character in first place. I know it took a lot of shards to get it to where it is, but until testing yours I did not realise that its damage output can be quite good for a tank - not getting into taunting and stunning now. Tough decision between Mummy and FotD, at the moment I stick to the latter if I need something durable since his utility (especially in regards to enemy buffs) is just too valuable.

Agrimensor75
01-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Any idea's where to farm for any of the health talisman? I've farmed through all 3 levels of KOS and have only had 2 drop (been at this since July and I'm at level 70 so not a newbee) in countless runs. Have more stone, blind and paralysis talismen than I can count, lol.

BadTaste
01-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Any idea's where to farm for any of the health talisman? I've farmed through all 3 levels of KOS and have only had 2 drop (been at this since July and I'm at level 70 so not a newbee) in countless runs. Have more stone, blind and paralysis talismen than I can count, lol.

Health Talismans are found in Ailing Kingdom. I usually run SOTWM on madness when I need Health talismans. They drops as Overwhelming, Ward and Mystical.

BadTaste

IceManFerrar
01-31-2017, 04:30 PM

Ailing Kingdom, last level (Wickerman). Sometimes I have to exhaust ALL of my SoT before I get a Health, Holy, or Strength Talismans. Sigh...

Agrimensor75
01-31-2017, 08:31 PM
Will give that area a try tonight, much thanks!!