PDA

View Full Version : A little insight into skill damage.

Kraznoff
07-30-2016, 11:12 PM
I have a character who's skill "deals physical damage to a single target" and "damage increases the higher the enemy's Max HP." I assumed the damage for that skill was then entirely based of the enemy's HP. I tested it by equipping and unequipping high physical damage talismans. Turns out physical damage talismans do increase his damage. Is this true for all skills that do one type of damage (physical, magic) but the discription states it scales off something else (hp)? This would be important to know considering it effects what talismans to choose.

SARGERAS
07-31-2016, 12:21 AM
I have a character who's skill "deals physical damage to a single target" and "damage increases the higher the enemy's Max HP." I assumed the damage for that skill was then entirely based of the enemy's HP. I tested it by equipping and unequipping high physical damage talismans. Turns out physical damage talismans do increase his damage. Is this true for all skills that do one type of damage (physical, magic) but the discription states it scales off something else (hp)? This would be important to know considering it effects what talismans to choose.

The first description of the Skill damage says about the stat source to boost the damage output. In the case of damage getting higher when enemy's max HP is low means that if the opponent is at say 50-30% of max hp he attack is stronger; the increased damage is based on the % of the enemy's at the time of the attack, so attacking last with those characters provides more damage. The Talismans have no direct inffluence at all.

In my experience, the attacks dealt around 10-20% more when the target was really low health, like 30% or less, but it was very early on the game, maybe high leveled characters benefit better from it.