PDA

View Full Version : A beginner's guide to PvP... So far

Sag7272
01-23-2017, 06:07 PM
With all the new PvP player trying to get some grip, thought it may be useful to share some experience with 'em, there's definitely a learning curve and some may get lost, feel free to add anything to this post you may juge useful, I'll add it down here ..

**These been edited for Official PvP launch**

Forget everything you know about PvE but the characters & read on...

•Team building,
There's many differences between PvE & PvP on this, everyone get to experiment with their toons but passives & basic synergies between team member can get you far on defense as on attack, test test & test again in campaign & against different teams as the way AI act can render superp allies useless as it can make star out of the most worthless ones (Who had thought that Mummy Ed was that powerful) don't be afraid to experiment it'll pay on the long run...
Personally I build characters with a "Toolbox" optic as for having passive or power ability to adjust to as many team as possible instead of focusing on 2-3 super powerful toon giving a chance vs many kind of defense team but it's a strategy like another...

•Skillshards,
They are a must but remember that your team will evolve over time & maybe some nerf will hit even out of beta DON'T SKILL UP ANYTHING YOU WOULDN'T SKILL OTHERWISE or hope everything will turn your way and don't whine if it doesn't go as planned...
Privilege sharding your d-team first as AI definitely need some help, on attack you can help a bit & you will use many different toons from a fight to another so it's not as good as an investment

•Talismans,
You won't always start so be prepared to being hit by a maxed team... Green talismans are mandatory, a full damage build is worthless if you get wiped on first round.
Effects talismans are way more useful here than in campaign, crowd control such as freeze or paralysis are a must, energy, invisibility & void sets are all worthy sets to help you having a small edge over attack teams, build some & test!
Maxed talismans aren't mandatory to be competitive but on a reasonable scale... Lvl 40+ 5 star can get you far but lvl 20 5 star set probably won't...

•Point system is better than it used to be but,
Attack who you stand a chance to beat or live with it, better win over relatively weaker opponent than loose repeatedly to someone stronger than you, many players not even lvl 100 crack top 10 regularly with some patience & wise choices anything can happend...

•Revenge
Revenge system sucks less than it used too but choose wisely as you can't fight back same player more than twice a day & 20 revenge total everyday
Still they can attack you endlessly so choose your fights carefully...

•Ironite,
Don't be afraid to spend ironite if you want to be competitive, won't get far in standing without a couple refills, don't have to get crazy over it but if you don't spend some ironite over a week... Don't expect to see top tier even with a top team...

•Shields
Added this subsection since it's not that much used in PvE & they have their quirks, the casting order is really important for these to do what's expected..
First shield will always go first if it can block ex: if you have say a void shield > corrupt Droid's force shield > Troll's guard, every physical/magical goes to void shield, true DMG to Droid's one & unless Droid's shield goes depleted guard will never charge fury...
Same example but Guard > void > Droid's shield, fury will charge but void won't send back any DMG & force shield will stay intact, probably the reason why shields sometimes look buggy.. Newborn Of Light Passive act as a shield & won't trigger first turn if you have a Troll

Adding other's idea here for easier browsing of the thread..

Order and selection.
Who you choose to hit on the opponents side and the order of who you select to hit from your side matters.

- know and understand buff and debuff icons.
- take time to analyze situation before playing
- keep some revenge in stock for time where Attack list is not that great

Regarding Ironite and rankings:
The only ranking that matter is Saturday´s at 4pm PST, you can save your ironite during the week and make a run in the end of it. The current point system favors this strategy.

Offense:
Health + Healing + Shield + Revive + Patience.

Defense:
Health + Disabling + Damage. (And you need testing as Sag mention to see if the champions work well together)
Best
Probably forgot a lot of things, don't be afraid to add knowledge or ask questions

CanyptianFit
01-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Order and selection.
Who you choose to hit on the opponents side and the order of who you select to hit from your side matters.

Be prepared for the prisoner and Blue Bat. 🤔

Excellent summary!

blade685
01-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Order and selection.

Excellent summary!cool i didn't loot one of them like so many characters since big shit october update: only duplicates ^^

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Adjustments made for the Feb update..

Piece of Mind
02-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Order and selection.

Excellent summary!

How is the Blue Bat being used, including talisman setup? Is it only for the Siege passive?

konstifik
02-03-2017, 04:40 PM
How is the Blue Bat being used, including talisman setup? Is it only for the Siege passive?

No, not only for the Siege. Basic attack is single attack which always raise accuracy for itself and always lower accuracy for the enemy, which is useful against many teams. The power attack does heavy AoE-damage. Needs skill shards though. In terms of talismans there are a couple of ways to go. It's not that hard to figure out a way that's good for your team :)

zdm-1083
02-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the thread.

About: "Still using common sense won't hurt" for revenge.
I would admit that sometime it's hard to do not hit and hit again on the same team when you try to avoid some other... :confused:
And that the Attack list did not help :o

As input, I would advise to:
- know and understand buff and debuff icons.
- take time to analyze situation before playing
- keep some revenge in stock for time where Attack list is not that great ^^'

Sag7272
02-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Excellent summary!

Thanks for the thread.

Tanks guys, a pleasure if it's of some use, added your input with due credit at beginning of the thread :) ...tanks for the input too!

blade685
02-10-2017, 02:20 PM
i'm totally bored by pvp :mad:
I can't win so many battle, just win vs same shit teams....in attack and defense...

My defense team:
Mummy eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+DM = lose all battle...
Mummy eddie+full ABB+full CG+DM = lose all battle...
Mummy eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+full AOF = lose all battle...
CR Eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+DM = lose all battle...
CR Eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+DM = lose all battle...
CR Eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+full AOF = lose all battle...
CR Eddie+full ABB+full CG+full AOF = lose all battle...

My attack team:

CR Eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldier+DM = bad
CR Eddie+full ABB+full CG+DM = bad
CR Eddie+full ABB+full CG+full AOF = bad
CR Eddie+full ABB+full Blue Allied Soldie+full AOF = bad
etc....
I lose more battle since last shit update with freeze bug etc...
It's really possible to do something in that pvp with no W troll, Ass GS, Prisoner, Corrupt rescuer, AOP or Hellhound ....?

:(

If you know a solution to have some fun in pvp give it to me :rolleyes:

konstifik
02-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Do you have Angel of Strife? If you do, I suggest you develop it and start using it in a smart way :)

gmac
02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Sag, very cool and generous from your part. Nicely done.

Regarding Ironite and rankings:
The only ranking that matter is Saturday´s at 4pm PST, you can save your ironite during the week and make a run in the end of it. The current point system favors this strategy.

Offense:
Health + Healing + Shield + Revive + Patience.

Defense:
Health + Disabling + Damage. (And you need testing as Sag mention to see if the champions work well together)

Best

blade685
02-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Do you have Angel of Strife? If you do, I suggest you develop it and start using it in a smart way :)No AOS too....i never loot another angel, only two time AOF

Sag7272
02-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Sag, very cool and generous from your part. Nicely done
Tanks you, added your quote to the beginning of thread too!

Sag7272
02-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Bump... Since it may be useful & I updated it to non beta PvP :)

ShadowedLies
02-17-2017, 11:11 PM
One thing ive noticed is if you have a troll or a prisoner i cant win, lol. I'm having a hard time finding balance between survivability and damage output. No point in having heavy hitters if they dont live to deal damage and no point in having tanks if they cant deal damage when they do survive. Overall PvP is fun in a frustrating way. Think my aim just to be middle of the pack as im nowhere close to being outfitted to be top tier.

Sag7272
02-18-2017, 03:35 AM
One thing ive noticed is if you have a troll or a prisoner i cant win, lol. I'm having a hard time finding balance between survivability and damage output. No point in having heavy hitters if they dont live to deal damage and no point in having tanks if they cant deal damage when they do survive. Overall PvP is fun in a frustrating way. Think my aim just to be middle of the pack as im nowhere close to being outfitted to be top tier.

Sure missing some characters makes things harder but still, there's many workaround for the troll (couple been described in troll suspect thread... )Still if you see now way of winning a particular fight or worried of the outcome maybe better attacking someone else there's a reason behind the refresh button...

GMAC got it right, tanks & long fight on attack & powerhouse on defense anyway after couple turns AI just can't stand a real player so defense have to be quick & deadly attack can be built for a longer fight to outsmart AI after the storm have passed..

ShadowedLies
02-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Sure missing some characters makes things harder but still, there's many workaround for the troll (couple been described in troll suspect thread... )Still if you see now way of winning a particular fight or worried of the outcome maybe better attacking someone else there's a reason behind the refresh button...

GMAC got it right, tanks & long fight on attack & powerhouse on defense anyway after couple turns AI just can't stand a real player so defense have to be quick & deadly attack can be built for a longer fight to outsmart AI after the storm have passed..

I generally try to avoid fights with trolls + aoe healers like blue golden sons, as i generally either get shredded or AI lucky rolls the goldon sons team heal and negates all damage ive done. Still tinkering, and still learning so hopefully ill come up with a solution soon. Just dont have the tali's to outfit toons for each given circumstance.

Dave-9385
02-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm still trying to get my head around the game logic regarding attack/defense and your ranking.

If I were to attack someone under my attack tab and win, would I then be placed under their defense tab as having broken their team so they can then come and revenge against me?

I managed to drop 300+ points in the last 2 hours to the timer rollover on sunday, but only 4-5 teams showed on my defense tab.

Also, I assume the little red number against the arena tab on the main screen is to tell you that x amount of teams have attacked you?

Can anyone clarify for me please?

Caretaker
02-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm still trying to get my head around the game logic regarding attack/defense and your ranking.

If I were to attack someone under my attack tab and win, would I then be placed under their defense tab as having broken their team so they can then come and revenge against me?

I managed to drop 300+ points in the last 2 hours to the timer rollover on sunday, but only 4-5 teams showed on my defense tab.

Also, I assume the little red number against the arena tab on the main screen is to tell you that x amount of teams have attacked you?

Can anyone clarify for me please?

All true. Second statement about the drop is called 'weekly reset'

Dave-9385
02-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks Caretaker.

So due to the rollover, everyone loses a bucketful of points, regardless of if you're attacked or not?

Browno
02-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Yes dave, all players loose some points during reset. It is meant to start off fresh in the new week.

Sag7272
02-22-2017, 03:20 PM
So due to the rollover, everyone loses a bucketful of points, regardless of if you're attacked or not?

Yes dave, all players loose some points during reset. It is meant to start off fresh in the new week.
It also depends on your finished bracket as if you have more than 2300 points you restart at 1900 while lower ranks restart lower... 1000? Don't know..