PDA

View Full Version : January 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Sparton_LOTB
01-26-2017, 09:36 PM
This is the main post to discuss the preliminary tuning notes.

You can see the details of the preliminary notes in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4767).

Sparton_LOTB
01-26-2017, 10:08 PM
Just an FYI for anyone who took a look within the first 30 minutes of the preliminary notes being posted; we noticed an error in the patch notes and had to redo the post.

Sorry about the confusion.

Aristo4
01-26-2017, 10:14 PM
You could correct 'evacuator' to be 'rescuer' too :p

gmac
01-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Like the overall HP scaling on non sentinel characters.
Hate the nerfing on the bats, unnecessary.

Pharaoh Eddie
Talisman - Would be better a yellow or a green one instead of blue/red
Mend Ability - Could never get Mend to freeze or stun, donīt know if that is intended or not, think it should, otherwise its useless.
Entomb - What is it good for? How does that even work?

Vampire Hunter Eddie
Claim Ability - Could never get it to Freeze either, thing it should, like Mummyīs Burden of the Damned

(Is anyone else seeing "Corrupt EVACUATOR Magus"? I wonder what he/she does!!! Thatīs funny. LoL)

Kardas
01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Nice seeing the Assassin Pyro and Pharaoh Dogs get bulked up. I have a soft spot for those three.
Interesting seeing Visions Ed get another offensive buff, and Soldier Eddie get some of his former glory back. Very curious how the overhauls for Cyborg, Rainmaker and Vampire Hunter will improve them.

Not sure I agree with changing the Undead Hunter's Talisman slots to green though. I heard people being rather successful with it and a Thief set. Also a bit sad not seeing the Assassin Mine get a red->purple Talisman color change but oh well.

As for Torture's nerf, I sort of read through the Suspect thread on the AoF, and is it not possible to scale back or remove the damage scaling related to the enemy's HP? It'll surely benefit the tanks like Alliance General and Sentinel Demon who are supposed to weather those hits. Sure, it'll nerf the green and red bat against bosses, but bosses are allowed to be a little tough.

Sparton, I do have one question leftover from the previous discussion thread: I was looking at my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy and I noticed that despite dealing true damage, his MAGIC is way lower than his ATK. Is this by design or is this similar to the Warrior Pyro (who used to deal physical damage but his MAGIC stat was updated a few updates after receiving true damage)?

Nine
01-26-2017, 11:35 PM
I am really happy to see that the Vampire Hunter gets some attention!

Is it intended that additional attacks of Strike do only half of the initial damage?

If you are adding more slots for skill shards you might consider grouping some of the existing ones together - since he already needs 21 to be maxed. Stake for example could easily go to 5/10/15/20 from 5/5/5/10/10/15.

Sparton_LOTB
01-26-2017, 11:49 PM
You could correct 'evacuator' to be 'rescuer' too :p

Whoops, another case of mixing up internal name with localized name; sorry!

We'll probably leave that as is for now but will correct that for the version posted when the update goes live.

As for Torture's nerf, I sort of read through the Suspect thread on the AoF, and is it not possible to scale back or remove the damage scaling related to the enemy's HP? It'll surely benefit the tanks like Alliance General and Sentinel Demon who are supposed to weather those hits. Sure, it'll nerf the green and red bat against bosses, but bosses are allowed to be a little tough.

We wanted to preserve the "boss killing" nature of the attack, we just saw that the HP scaling for subsequent skill levels was higher than was advertised (thus the Suspect Discussion thread). We felt that bringing the damage gains more in line with what is reported by the skill levels was the best approach here.

Sparton, I do have one question leftover from the previous discussion thread: I was looking at my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy and I noticed that despite dealing true damage, his MAGIC is way lower than his ATK. Is this by design or is this similar to the Warrior Pyro (who used to deal physical damage but his MAGIC stat was updated a few updates after receiving true damage)?

It's probably similar to the Warrior Pyro, but we may just leave him as is to pave the way for interesting decisions for talisman skill choices.

Is it intended that additional attacks of Strike do only half of the initial damage?

It is not; I think we have a fix for that, and if we do, we'll ensure that's clarified in the update's patch notes when that goes live.

If you are adding more slots for skill shards you might consider grouping some of the existing ones together - since he already needs 21 to be maxed. Stake for example could easily go to 5/10/15/20 from 5/5/5/10/10/15.

There are technical constraints right now which prevent us from reducing the amount of skill levels a skill has without causing other problems, so while we won't be changing that for that character, it is a consideration we have for future ones.

slauki
01-26-2017, 11:57 PM
some reasonable changes at the first glance. i really like the rare eddie buffs, since it's very disappointing to get a ultra rare 5* eddie that sucks :-)

are there additional changes planned for the next update, for the prisoner for example or haven't you decided yet what to do?
would be curious about him, because he will get even stronger if the angels get a damage cut (which is okay i think).

and like gmac i'm also curious about pharaoh eddies entomb. haven't figured out that skill neither :-)

Kaz_LOTB
01-27-2017, 12:23 AM
some reasonable changes at the first glance. i really like the rare eddie buffs, since it's very disappointing to get a ultra rare 5* eddie that sucks :-)

are there additional changes planned for the next update, for the prisoner for example or haven't you decided yet what to do?
would be curious about him, because he will get even stronger if the angels get a damage cut (which is okay i think).

and like gmac i'm also curious about pharaoh eddies entomb. haven't figured out that skill neither :-)

So Entomb is an ability that works like the other Charges in the game (Magic Charge, Physical Charge, Furious Charge, MR Charge etc.) except it affects DEF buffs. So the idea is that you Entomb and then use Enrage or another DEF buffing ability and your DEF stat will go through the roof for a while.

As an example, you can Entomb, Enrage, and then use Ruin on Pharaoh Eddie (which scales based on DEF) and hit for about 12k-15K for 2 turns on a single target. It's a lot of setup, but the payoff is meant to be well worth it.

-Kaz

Sparton_LOTB
01-27-2017, 12:25 AM

We have a host of changes and fixes we're preparing for PVP and other features, but no direct changes to the Prisoner for that next update.

We will post more about the other changes for that update closer to it's release.

Hypnos
01-27-2017, 12:43 AM
Nice to see rainmaker getting some skill changes. Does that mean I will lose the skill shards I put into moves like guard, lifesteal and strike?

Aristo4
01-27-2017, 01:01 AM
no direct changes to the Prisoner for that next update.

Kaz_LOTB
01-27-2017, 01:12 AM
Nice to see rainmaker getting some skill changes. Does that mean I will lose the skill shards I put into moves like guard, lifesteal and strike?

The skill shards for the old abilities should transfer over to the new skills.

-Kaz

Shifter
01-27-2017, 01:15 AM
On spell Vamp. What does "changed AI to heal from buff mean?"

Hypnos
01-27-2017, 01:23 AM
The skill shards for the old abilities should transfer over to the new skills.

-Kaz

Thanks for that kaz.

Sparton_LOTB
01-27-2017, 01:36 AM
On spell Vamp. What does "changed AI to heal from buff mean?"

It means that the character will no longer use it when it wants to use a heal skill (when it or allies have low HP), but will instead use it when it wants to use a buff skill (based on how it's AI prioritizes when to use buff skills instead of other skills).

In general, it means that the character is less likely to use it when it won't get mileage out of the Spell Vamp buff.

Shifter
01-27-2017, 01:38 AM
Thanks Spartan, that is exactly what I hoped it meant.

CanyptianFit
01-27-2017, 03:54 AM
Thanks for engaging with us beforehand. On paper it seems reasonable, looking forward to testing it out.

Again, thanks for listening.

Up the Irons!

Chernobog3
01-27-2017, 05:41 AM
Looks like a reasonable update. Off handedly, any chance those random MACL0 errors at the end of fights might fade back to wherever they came from?

Browno
01-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Will the change of trolls fervor make it deal more damage, or is it just 1 more skill shard needed for same damage?

slauki
01-27-2017, 11:17 AM
We have a host of changes and fixes we're preparing for PVP and other features, but no direct changes to the Prisoner for that next update.

So Entomb is an ability that works like the other Charges in the game (Magic Charge, Physical Charge, Furious Charge, MR Charge etc.) except it affects DEF buffs. So the idea is that you Entomb and then use Enrage or another DEF buffing ability and your DEF stat will go through the roof for a while.

As an example, you can Entomb, Enrage, and then use Ruin on Pharaoh Eddie (which scales based on DEF) and hit for about 12k-15K for 2 turns on a single target. It's a lot of setup, but the payoff is meant to be well worth it.

-Kaz

thank's for clarification guys. i have to say that i feel that it's not good for pvp-balance, not to touch the prisoner, but OTAH if you guys have some other solutions in your mind they will be good too (hopefully). since your judgement should be far better than ours, i bet you know what you are doing, so i'm very curious too see the upcoming changes :-)

cheers

Frost
01-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Will he be still OP for one more update?!?!

Also you hurt Angel of Strife because Angel of Fear?!?! Torture is not the problem, the problem is the HP damage scaling on red bat... We all stated that same skill in different toons were doing different damage, that means the problem is not in the skill but in the toons. Fix red bat the corret way, not nerf green bat.

Demoonchild
01-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Great to see more love to Rainmaker, BUT I still believe that you MUST consider a buff on Def and MR. I dont see the point of keep them both at 70, since he doesn't have any other REALLY HIGH stat to compensate.
BTW I don't have the char....

Nine
01-27-2017, 02:27 PM
There are technical constraints right now which prevent us from reducing the amount of skill levels a skill has without causing other problems, so while we won't be changing that for that character, it is a consideration we have for future ones.

Glad to hear this is something you have on the radar. Am I misinterpreting when I read "future ones" as "future updates" and not "future characters"? :)

I have the feeling that with the launch of PvP the role of Skill shards will drastically change - from a nice to have comfort item to a necessary-if-you-want-to-be-competitive item. While I understand that you want to provide long term goals for players, there are two things resulting from tying a huge amount of effort to specific characters: 1) You are unable to vary your team - that's ok in pve as again that's basically comfort, but it takes something that could be an essential and interesting part away from PvP. 2) It might be hugely offputting to (newer) players to spend hours and hours on using Troopers in PveE to be competitive in PvP - and attracting the biggest audience possible might be somewhat disireable. (Just throwing this out there, I am aware that this is probably not the place for a discussion about that).

One more thing in regards to the Vampire Hunter: I don't know if you are aware of this, but at the moment it is not possible to speed up his Fury. I like the animation, but I would be great if this could be fixed to make farming a little bit faster.

Thanks for dialogue you are offering here in general. I think many changes are way better received by a player base if they are communicated beforehand. That might even be just because it is possible to mentally prepare for them.

BillLion
01-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Pharaoh Eddie
Talisman - Would be better a yellow or a green one instead of blue/red
Mend Ability - Could never get Mend to freeze or stun, donīt know if that is intended or not, think it should, otherwise its useless.
Entomb - What is it good for? How does that even work?

-Kaz

I had the same exact questions/concerns w/ Pharaoh as Gmac. Pharaoh is my fave but he has his quirks. :)

Thank you for clarifying what entomb was intended for. Way too much setup involved to ever make this worthwhile on this character IMO.

Also, the talisman change makes sense EXCEPT with Pharaoh's other mostly useless ability "Mend" which scales on magic. Since every other ability works with HP, defense and attack isn't this silly? Especially since you're changing the one talisman that allows for a little magic juice? (Nobody will use the open slots for magic based on his other abilities). Have you considered changing this attack to be scaled on defense or at least attack damage? That would be great and make the tali change make sense.

slauki
01-27-2017, 03:26 PM
I had the same exact questions/concerns w/ Pharaoh as Gmac. Pharaoh is my fave but he has his quirks. :)

Thank you for clarifying what entomb was intended for. Way too much setup involved to ever make this worthwhile on this character IMO.

Also, the talisman change makes sense EXCEPT with Pharaoh's other mostly useless ability "Mend" which scales on magic. Since every other ability works with HP, defense and attack isn't this silly? Especially since you're changing the one talisman that allows for a little magic juice? (Nobody will use the open slots for magic based on his other abilities). Have you considered changing this attack to be scaled on defense or at least attack damage? That would be great and make the tali change make sense.

good suggestion bill, mend will be useless when the talisman slot changes into red. so maybe it would also be possible that mend scales with attack/hp or defense instead of magic....

Sparton_LOTB
01-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Off handedly, any chance those random MACL0 errors at the end of fights might fade back to wherever they came from?

Work on reducing errors is ongoing, but we only have some backend fixes for that in the next update. Tracking down and fixing the various error codes is still a priority for us.

Will the change of trolls fervor make it deal more damage, or is it just 1 more skill shard needed for same damage?

It'll become that little bit stronger with the extra skill shard invested.

thank's for clarification guys. i have to say that i feel that it's not good for pvp-balance, not to touch the prisoner, but OTAH if you guys have some other solutions in your mind they will be good too (hopefully). since your judgement should be far better than ours, i bet you know what you are doing, so i'm very curious too see the upcoming changes :-)

We have some other tricks up our sleeve... it's been a while since we've done an App Store update, and boy to we have a lot of fixes and small improvements coming. I've been compiling the list of the most important stuff for a good portion of this week.

Will he be still OP for one more update?!?!

Stay tuned.

Also you hurt Angel of Strife because Angel of Fear?!?! Torture is not the problem, the problem is the HP damage scaling on red bat... We all stated that same skill in different toons were doing different damage, that means the problem is not in the skill but in the toons. Fix red bat the corret way, not nerf green bat.

The issue was Torture was increasing the damage for the skill far more than what the skill levels communicated, which caused the Angel of Fear to do crazy damage (when it should be doing "good" damage), but that also meant that the Angel of Fear was doing more damage than intended, too.

If we feel we need to tune the Angel of Fear separately, we'll create a new skill and adjust accordingly, but there was still the problem that skill levels were not functioning as advertised, so this brings the Angel of Fear to the damage level that it was designed for.

Great to see more love to Rainmaker, BUT I still believe that you MUST consider a buff on Def and MR. I dont see the point of keep them both at 70, since he doesn't have any other REALLY HIGH stat to compensate.

The intent is that his defensive stats are quite low and that you'll want to consider defense and MR as secondary stats on talismans to compensate (or to ignore that and go "all in" on maximizing damage, using other factors to mitigate damage). Since the bulk of many character's Def and MR when running maxed talismans is primarily from talismans, we feel this is still fair.

Glad to hear this is something you have on the radar. Am I misinterpreting when I read "future ones" as "future updates" and not "future characters"? :)

I mean more for future characters, sorry. The amount of tech work to ensure reducing total skill levels functions while not "eating" skill shards is pretty substantial, so it is not something on our list of features and additions we want to work on right now.

I have the feeling that with the launch of PvP the role of Skill shards will drastically change - from a nice to have comfort item to a necessary-if-you-want-to-be-competitive item. While I understand that you want to provide long term goals for players, there are two things resulting from tying a huge amount of effort to specific characters: 1) You are unable to vary your team - that's ok in pve as again that's basically comfort, but it takes something that could be an essential and interesting part away from PvP. 2) It might be hugely offputting to (newer) players to spend hours and hours on using Troopers in PveE to be competitive in PvP - and attracting the biggest audience possible might be somewhat disireable. (Just throwing this out there, I am aware that this is probably not the place for a discussion about that).

We definitely want the feature to be accessible, but competing at the top end is still something we feel makes sense to be biased towards players who have invested a lot more time end effort... and investing skill shards is an important part of that equation.

Over time, we will add new ways to get skill shards so newer players can get up to speed quicker and long term players can advance more of their collection (we're adding a bit more you can get over time with PVP itself, and Sacrifice will be another avenue for getting more skill shards too), but we expect using skill shards to finish maxing out characters to be a long term goal that isn't easily shortcutted/reduced.

One more thing in regards to the Vampire Hunter: I don't know if you are aware of this, but at the moment it is not possible to speed up his Fury. I like the animation, but I would be great if this could be fixed to make farming a little bit faster.

That's something we can probably look at, but there's a lot of people who are involved in signing off on the special attacks of Eddies, so I'm not sure if trying to shorten it is a practical thing we can do at this stage. Definitely a consideration for future characters.

Oh, that skill isn't intended to do a lot of damage, but it actually is supposed to scale with Defense. We'll add a note for the final patch notes. Thanks for pointing that out!

Chernobog3
01-28-2017, 05:34 AM
Work on reducing errors is ongoing, but we only have some backend fixes for that in the next update. Tracking down and fixing the various error codes is still a priority for us.

Ahh. Thank you for the response, sir.

Lord Schmeb
01-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Please tell me there is a fix for claiming Achievements in this one... I'm so tired of having to force-quit every time I go into that tab and try to get out.

So. Damn. Tired.

Chaosego888
01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Please tell me there is a fix for claiming Achievements in this one... I'm so tired of having to force-quit every time I go into that tab and try to get out.

So. Damn. Tired.
Same here, Haven't been able to claim Achievements or Daily Challenges all year. Lost a lot of ironite and have a Legendary Soul and a Skill Shard that I can not claim. Daily rewards don't show up everyday either. The Legendary Soul does me no good until Sacrifice comes out but I could use the Skill Shard

surfingwithdje
01-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Apart from this character adjustement, can we hope with this update a little improvement in rare souls and skillshards drops, or in the chance to get 4* and 5* from rare souls ?
As many long time players i begin to be bored to play without goal (no new character because those i havn't are to rare, very long time to maxed 1 character because of skillshards system)
Maybe you should think to another way than souls to get the rare characters?
Last time i spended 20€ in the game for buy 10 rare souls, and finally got 10x 3* dupes immediately throwned away :/
I think that i and many other players will continue to play (a little) but don't spend real money in the game if this remain in the same state :/

Nicko
01-30-2017, 02:14 PM
Question about the Talisman adjustment: Freeze is being adjusted to 12%. Will each hit of a multiple hit attacker have a 12% chance? Ex if a target is being attacked by an assassin Golden Son, will there still be 4 chances at 12% because there are four hits on that target from the Golden Son? That's how it's set up now.

I was under the impression it was getting adjusted, but after going through some threads I saw plenty of people complaining about it but no mention of a fix from the developers. I may have just missed it.

RACCAR-8000
01-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Love all the attention to Rainmaker and vampire Eddies! They are rare 5 star and consume many skill shards, and don't see many people useing em. I've been useing my rainmaker off the bench to finish off bosses but can't auto farm and he's tricky to keep alive a whole match. Never seen such a change to a character, but I'm excited for some new powers because I didn't use half of his. 2 of his new powers look to have a extra skill shards I think , witch would take him up to 33 skill shards . I've complained that he should be the best character in the game because he's the most expensive to build. So I'm excited for the assassin revamp and the pharo dogs improvement, just lots of good things here.

RCarter
01-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Ex if a target is being attacked by an assassin Golden Son, will there still be 4 chances at 12% because there are four hits on that target from the Golden Son?

I thought that I read that it will be only one chance at 12%, regardless of any multiattack trait a toon may have.

Roquetas-5312
01-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Question about the Talisman adjustment: Freeze is being adjusted to 12%. Will each hit of a multiple hit attacker have a 12% chance? Ex if a target is being attacked by an assassin Golden Son, will there still be 4 chances at 12% because there are four hits on that target from the Golden Son? That's how it's set up now.

I was under the impression it was getting adjusted, but after going through some threads I saw plenty of people complaining about it but no mention of a fix from the developers. I may have just missed it.

I believe AOE will get only one chance of 12% per enemy toon is what is supposed to happen.
characters that do multiple hits to the same toon are getting extra chances to freeze and this is what the developers are planning to fix. the golden Suns are the main problem as they are AOE and multi hitters also the bats are getting multiple chances

Sparton_LOTB
01-30-2017, 06:53 PM

Same here, Haven't been able to claim Achievements or Daily Challenges all year.

We're still investigating what causes this for players. My apologies.

Apart from this character adjustement, can we hope with this update a little improvement in rare souls and skillshards drops, or in the chance to get 4* and 5* from rare souls ? [...]
Maybe you should think to another way than souls to get the rare characters?

With PVP, there is another avenue to get souls, and with future features, we're doing a combination of being able to get more souls and have other ways of getting certain characters. So yes, we do have plans for stuff like that, but over time, not necessarily immediately.

Will each hit of a multiple hit attacker have a 12% chance? Ex if a target is being attacked by an assassin Golden Son, will there still be 4 chances at 12% because there are four hits on that target from the Golden Son? That's how it's set up now.

We probably should have included that on this table instead of for the eventual full patch notes, but as Roquetas-5312 noted, we are indeed correcting the logic so each attack has 1 chance per enemy to trigger an augment that affects an enemy, instead of each damage kicker that triggers.

That, with many more things, will be listed in the full update patch notes when the update is about to go live.

BillLion
01-30-2017, 07:22 PM
That, with many more things, will be listed in the full update patch notes when the update is about to go live.

Is this still being released before the end of January? ;)

Kaz_LOTB
01-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Is this still being released before the end of January? ;)

We are aiming to get the next update out before the end of this week if all goes well.

-Kaz

Nine
01-30-2017, 09:12 PM
We probably should have included that on this table instead of for the eventual full patch notes, but as Roquetas-5312 noted, we are indeed correcting the logic so each attack has 1 chance per enemy to trigger an augment that affects an enemy, instead of each damage kicker that triggers.

Are you considering to increase the proc chances of Burning and Shock Talismans? I am afraid their usability will be even more limited than it is right now. At the moment their are some promising combinations, especially with burn consuming characters, who might no longer be viable with that kind of change.

Also, while am absolutely for adjusting Freeze Talismans you should also take into consideration that the game will get much harder for progressing players. And I mean a lot harder in the realms of Underworld Hard/Madness and Battlefield Madness. I can only speak for myself, but Freeze Talismans was the thing that basically got me through them. And even with them I found the curve from Underworld Normal and Battlefield Hard quite steep.
At the same time I am against lowering the difficulty of those stages, but I don't want to switch places with newer players making their way through them...

Sag7272
01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Also, while am absolutely for adjusting Freeze Talismans you should also take into consideration that the game will get much harder for progressing players. ...

Don't know when you personally get through Underworld but I remember that it used to be Way more difficult to upgrade a toon to 5* too, probably haven't needed them that much personally if I had more than one 5* ally & 4* everything else, with LoL now you probably get to that point more powerful than before... But it's an impression

IronSentinel
01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
My input:

- Angel Of Fear (warrior) passive ability not working correctly. It states "Allies gain an extra turn if your team gets the first kill in a battle" but there are cases in which is not granting the extra turn. For example, if you hit a target a single character which blocks the attack and another gets killed then you donīt get the extra turn. There are also other random cases that grants the extra turn once you get the second kill :S
- Possessed mine (magus) has a red talisman slot which makes no sense.. it maybe should be green or blue.. not the most popular character but wanted to note it
- You can spend many skill shards and the skills don't change, for example "Ruin" in Pharaoh Eddie has 4 times "Damage + 10%"...

Sparton_LOTB
01-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Are you considering to increase the proc chances of Burning and Shock Talismans? I am afraid their usability will be even more limited than it is right now. At the moment their are some promising combinations, especially with burn consuming characters, who might no longer be viable with that kind of change.

Actually, I've made some pretty interesting teams utilizing both Burn and Shock Talismans. I was even running a Grim Reaper Eddie with Shock Talismans in a DOT-focused team, but the sheer OP-ness of Freeze Talismans made it too good to pass up with the freeze-focused meta. Time will tell.

Also, while am absolutely for adjusting Freeze Talismans you should also take into consideration that the game will get much harder for progressing players. And I mean a lot harder in the realms of Underworld Hard/Madness and Battlefield Madness. I can only speak for myself, but Freeze Talismans was the thing that basically got me through them. And even with them I found the curve from Underworld Normal and Battlefield Hard quite steep.
At the same time I am against lowering the difficulty of those stages, but I don't want to switch places with newer players making their way through them...

The game was designed with Freezing Talismans not being OP in mind, and we have added more features to help progress quicker, so while new players obviously will not have as easy a time progressing, we're not concerned that it will suddenly become impossible at points.

- Angel Of Fear (warrior) passive ability not working correctly. It states "Allies gain an extra turn if your team gets the first kill in a battle" but there are cases in which is not granting the extra turn. For example, if you hit a target a single character which blocks the attack and another gets killed then you donīt get the extra turn. There are also other random cases that grants the extra turn once you get the second kill :S
- Possessed mine (magus) has a red talisman slot which makes no sense.. it maybe should be green or blue.. not the most popular character but wanted to note it
- You can spend many skill shards and the skills don't change, for example "Ruin" in Pharaoh Eddie has 4 times "Damage + 10%"...

There are known issues with how the Angel of Fear passive functions; we are investigating fixes as we identify cases where it doesn't function.
I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
When looking at the list of skill levels, the last highlighted number isn't the only bonus, it's each bonus multiplied into the last. So 10%/10%/10%/10% is 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.4641 = 46.41% stronger.

Shaolin85london
01-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Love all the attention to Rainmaker and vampire Eddies! They are rare 5 star and consume many skill shards, and don't see many people useing em. I've been useing my rainmaker off the bench to finish off bosses but can't auto farm and he's tricky to keep alive a whole match. Never seen such a change to a character, but I'm excited for some new powers because I didn't use half of his. 2 of his new powers look to have a extra skill shards I think , witch would take him up to 33 skill shards . I've complained that he should be the best character in the game because he's the most expensive to build. So I'm excited for the assassin revamp and the pharo dogs improvement, just lots of good things here.

Apologize me for the OT, guys.
Mate I'm full of daily and reliable troopers and unfortunately I can't add more room for now. But thanks for your try. Up the irons!

konstifik
01-31-2017, 09:27 PM
When looking at the list of skill levels, the last highlighted number isn't the only bonus, it's each bonus multiplied into the last. So 10%/10%/10%/10% is 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.4641 = 46.41% stronger.

This is great to know! A little OT perhaps, but can you please explain how it works with skill proc probabilities? Say a skill have a 45 % chance to Taunt and two skill shard levels can increase the chance by 10%/15%. Will the total chance be 70 % (45% + 10% + 15%), 56,925% (45%*1,1*1,15) or something else?

Sparton_LOTB
01-31-2017, 09:32 PM
This is great to know! A little OT perhaps, but can you please explain how it works with skill proc probabilities? Say a skill have a 45 % chance to Taunt and two skill shard levels can increase the chance by 10%/15%. Will the total chance be 70 % (45% + 10% + 15%), 56,925% (45%*1,1*1,15) or something else?

That multiplication math stuff is for the damage/healing scaling. For effect chance, it just adds the skill level numbers to the base number (so the former of your numbers, 70% chance).

konstifik
02-01-2017, 07:44 AM
That multiplication math stuff is for the damage/healing scaling. For effect chance, it just adds the skill level numbers to the base number (so the former of your numbers, 70% chance).

Thank you, much appreciated!

HomemLivre
02-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Hey Sparton,

Any news about when the update should be release?
Im getting crazy to know whats the news :p

konstifik
02-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Hey Sparton,

Any news about when the update should be release?
Im getting crazy to know whats the news :p

Kaz said in another thread that they are aiming for the end of this week.

IronSentinel
02-01-2017, 02:29 PM
There are known issues with how the Angel of Fear passive functions; we are investigating fixes as we identify cases where it doesn't function.
I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the reply!

Similar to the Angel of Fear passive ability i also find issues with the "Buller Trace" skill (Soldier Eddie, Axis Soldier, etc) where it does not always "resets" after getting a kill

HomemLivre
02-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Kaz said in another thread that they are aiming for the end of this week.

I know that, just a little excited :D

BillLion
02-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Hey Sparton,

I see on FB that a new update will be pushed in a couple hours. Is this just the PVP changes and character buffs/nerfs or can we look forward to any new content? Thanks!

CanyptianFit
02-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Just got in-game note that maintenance is scheduled at 2:00 pm PST.

Sparton_LOTB
02-02-2017, 09:57 PM
I see on FB that a new update will be pushed in a couple hours. Is this just the PVP changes and character buffs/nerfs or can we look forward to any new content? Thanks!

It's the PVP changes and character tuning, but also a bunch of other fixes and one new (small) feature. Full patch notes will go live soon.

Sparton_LOTB
02-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Full patch notes for Game Update - February 2nd 2017 (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4802) are now up.

Closing this thread.