PDA

View Full Version : Who worth being build twice?

Sag7272
02-01-2017, 04:40 PM
I know a couple (Mostly PvP) who built team with dupes, two SsD in defense can do a good job and if I remember correctly Gmac built two really dangerous AoS that he use to destroy prisoners teams while attacking...

Looking at my team with 4 SsD, 2 AoS & 2 AoF ready for eventual sacrifice, who know they may have some other use...(Not like my dupe base Eddie, WTF?)

To you which ally worth being built twice PvP or PvE, who have experience with "Twins"... Worth it?

satani
02-01-2017, 05:43 PM
I know a couple (Mostly PvP) who built team with dupes, two SsD in defense can do a good job and if I remember correctly Gmac built two really dangerous AoS that he use to destroy prisoners teams while attacking...

Looking at my team with 4 SsD, 2 AoS & 2 AoF ready for eventual sacrifice, who know they may have some other use...(Not like my dupe base Eddie, WTF?)

To you which ally worth being built twice PvP or PvE, who have experience with "Twins"... Worth it?

well, i got a lot of "twin" toons:
On my main account: 3 Allied General (not even one is worthy for pvp), 2 (i had more but sold them) warrior CoTD (very useful for pvp, as the passive triggers both, even if the first did not get the kill)
and on my econd account: 3 nomads (sadly their passive doesn't double, otherwise still good due to good attack.

Imo, good doubles are: Warrior Troll, Sentinel Soulless Demons, Corrupt Generals or the Gunner Bomber Boy (imo does more damage than the Sentinel version, even though same damage type/basic attack), and multiple angels of fear or pyro soldiers are also good.

What's the SsD? Sentinel Soulles Demon? Then see above.

Sag7272
02-01-2017, 07:12 PM
...Warrior CoTD (very useful for pvp, as the passive triggers both, even if the first did not get the kill)
Interesting combo, wonder if it work with a Warrior/Assassin CoTD combo too (Assuming it probably work with two assassin together) Nice find!

And multiple angels of fear..
Was wondering about that one this morning, let's see how it look post update thought.. I'd kick myself for doing it if they render him worthless..

What's the SsD? Sentinel Soulles Demon? Then see above.
I have like 4 of him loll... But yeah It's the intended meaning ;)

BenjaminBreeg
02-01-2017, 08:51 PM
I sometimes play with two AoP cause of their passive.
I use the GR with six freeze talismans, all are freezed every turn. But if one stays free eg pyro who can give immunity, then the passive of the AoP is very helpful.
Don't know how it'll be after the talisman adjustment

gmac
02-01-2017, 09:12 PM

Great topic!

I guess it really depends on what you have at your disposal, and timing.

I indeed have two AoSs, use them all the time. And my point is that a I really did not have a choice not to go for one when PVP started. (No HH, Artillery Dog or W Troll). Then I figured they were good on Prisoner times and made a gamble on the second one. It paid off.

I would like to try two SSD on defense and two AoFs os offense, but that is too much of a gamble on my skill shards at the moment.

And I truly respect those who would go for it!

Best

konstifik
02-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Imo, good doubles are: Warrior Troll, Sentinel Soulless Demons, Corrupt Generals or the Gunner Bomber Boy (imo does more damage than the Sentinel version, even though same damage type/basic attack), and multiple angels of fear or pyro soldiers are also good.

Why would you want more than one Warrior Troll? Only one of the shields will be active anyway.

Angel of Strife is probably the best to have two of. Unless the enemy has a Prisoner, it will take a lot to start killing your toons. Also, they stun, you get a lot of worth from the few skill shards you can invest in them and their power ability can be very useful. I'm looking at doing this myself. Corrupt General would also be nice to field two of, but to make that combo truly useful would require a ton of skill shards.

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I indeed have two AoSs, use them all the time. And my point is that a I really did not have a choice not to go for one when PVP started. (No HH, Artillery Dog or W Troll). Then I figured they were good on Prisoner times and made a gamble on the second one...
Best
Hope it didn't turn out that bad with the nerf...
Even having a Prisoner I was thinking about dual AoS for some situations, still worth it?

Angel of Strife is probably the best to have two of. Unless the enemy has a Prisoner..

It actually seem to be one of the most successful answer to prisoners teams... More for its power ability than his block, Gmac have two & beat my prisoner team 9 out of 10...
Still since update not sure what they now worth since dmg scaling been reduced..

konstifik
02-03-2017, 04:19 PM
It actually seem to be one of the most successful answer to prisoners teams... More for its power ability than his block, Gmac have two & beat my prisoner team 9 out of 10...
Still since update not sure what they now worth since dmg scaling been reduced..

Yeah, I was mostly thinking about defensive teams. Not sure if we can rely on the AI to spend the power points on the Angel of Strife? Also, the human attacker should be smart enough to keep the AoS stunned/taunted/frozen or kill it off fast.

Nicko
02-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Hope it didn't turn out that bad with the nerf...
Even having a Prisoner I was thinking about dual AoS for some situations, still worth it?

GMAC often beats me. And until I got my Troll last weekend I lost at least 50% of the time attacking him :p

But Sparton reported AoS now doing 2-4K damage. To me that's not enough to develop one, let alone two.

GMAC - is that what you're seeing as well with your AoS?

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I was mostly thinking about defensive teams. Not sure if we can rely on the AI to spend the power points on the Angel of Strife? Also, the human attacker should be smart enough to keep the AoS stunned/taunted/frozen or kill it off fast.
Well... When you bring a Prisoner, it get somewhat harder to kill AoS because when he gets invincible, he really is, you can't kill it by attacking someone else, you have to prioritize them anyway bcz 3 turns can get long if you don't bring in a debuffer, my main concern is now his DMG output because he was perfect before not sure now & don't want to shard mine just to see..

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 04:47 PM
But Sparton reported AoS now doing 2-4K damage. To me that's not enough to develop one, let alone two...

That would be the sadest collateral damage, AoS would deserve his own version of torture under old specs... Used to be great, not OP and not even a suspect, what a shame...

ToTameAGame
02-03-2017, 04:57 PM
That would be the sadest collateral damage, AoS would deserve his own version of torture under old specs... Used to be great, not OP and not even a suspect, what a shame...

In all fairness he deserved a little "nerf" - a one shot death at a Viking with close to 30k HP is a bit OP. On the other hand we need toons like this for the defense as otherwise the human player is an almost certain win as the AI is dumb as f*ck. Today my viking buffed himself three times in a row with "Call to Arms". I got it - he really wanted to Call to Arms.

I suggest to replace that Skill with "I'm serious about Call to Arms" and make sure he can't use it twice in a row.

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 05:37 PM
In all fairness he deserved a little "nerf" - a one shot death at a Viking with close to 30k HP is a bit OP...

Didn't said anything about Angel Of Fear nerf....

Talking about Angel Of Strife, the green one witch wasn't OP and been nerfed bcz they share same attack while not having same stats damage wise..

ToTameAGame
02-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Didn't said anything about Angel Of Fear nerf....

Talking about Angel Of Strife, the green one witch wasn't OP and been nerfed bcz they share same attack while not having same stats damage wise..

Sorry my bad - you are absolutely right. Apologies again.

Nicko
02-03-2017, 05:55 PM
In all fairness he deserved a little "nerf" - a one shot death at a Viking with close to 30k HP is a bit OP. On the other hand we need toons like this for the defense as otherwise the human player is an almost certain win as the AI is dumb as f*ck. Today my viking buffed himself three times in a row with "Call to Arms". I got it - he really wanted to Call to Arms.

I suggest to replace that Skill with "I'm serious about Call to Arms" and make sure he can't use it twice in a row.

Viking is one of those toons that is really useful when played by a human - but a complete moron when played by AI.

Unlike the mummy where AI is pretty good

Viking is Bizarro Mummy