PDA

View Full Version : Loving my ghosted Viking Eddie

Patrice-1201
02-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Blue LOL Dungeons have become so much shorter with Viking ;-) A steal as soon as the Lord of Lights goes Ghosted and game over!

Arcturus
02-08-2017, 05:50 PM
nice! looks like a Frost Giant or something.

I'm replaying the game, and using a Wickerdog King which can also steal beneficial effects. It's super helpful.

CanyptianFit
02-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Steal, or "Block beneficial Effects" works asssuming it's applied before LOL tries to Ghost.

Otherwise it's painful waiting all those rounds.

Patrice-1201
02-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Steal, or "Block beneficial Effects" works asssuming it's applied before LOL tries to Ghost.

Otherwise it's painful waiting all those rounds.

Well Viking has it built in with his future attack so it works all the time :-)

druid138
02-08-2017, 06:44 PM
That's awesome! My Assassin CotD's Condemn (he's in your trooper list Patrice) counteracts the ghosting as well via Permadeath, but your Viking gets way more style points!

druid138-6195

IceManFerrar
02-08-2017, 10:46 PM
That looks awesome, Patric.

Btw, have you tried to see if your Viking could steal the Beast's Beneficial effect, where he bends over and gets into some sort of protected state before he morphs into full health?
It would be awesome if we could steal that effect and then kill the beast once and for all, instead of waiting the multiple rounds of his morphing.

Nicko
02-09-2017, 03:47 AM

Btw, have you tried to see if your Viking could steal the Beast's Beneficial effect, where he bends over and gets into some sort of protected state before he morphs into full health?
It would be awesome if we could steal that effect and then kill the beast once and for all, instead of waiting the multiple rounds of his morphing.

Try it with my Champion 😉

Patrice-1201
02-09-2017, 08:03 AM

I tried... the steal did not do anything but my game crashed after the Beast died... Sorry of you do not get my badge today Nicko :-(

MoonShadow
02-09-2017, 10:30 AM
I've tried once to steal the effects from the Beast with SoL Eddie, but without any success...

Today, I've stoled with two of my Viking troopers the titan shield from the LoLX Boss, it worked fine, but in one of the cases, the game freezed right after I've made the move and had to quit to menu... :(

Arcturus
02-09-2017, 04:02 PM

You used to be able to block it with the CR's Fury (& possibly other moves), but they changed it so that doesn't work any more (fortunately it was changed AFTER I used it to beat the Beast on Madness).

IceManFerrar
02-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Lol, will do, Nicko. I already used your champion yesterday, so will try again this evening after the reset.

Nicko
02-10-2017, 05:23 AM
This was a lot of fun and a great idea!

Pounded down the beast with Tailgunner and Mammy's Rainmaker, then used Viking Eddie whenever Ascension appeared.

Viking looted that son of a beast to death!

He still morphs though. The "protective state" (Ascension) - as the photo below indicates - just doubles his stats. But Viking stole it every time to make things go a little easier. It was most helpful in the last round when he wanted to cast Invincibility - but I stole it :cool:

Nicko
02-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Played it again. A couple things

1) Viking Eddies stats DO get increased

2) Asension isn't transferable. Meaning if you swap in another Eddie the buff is gone

3) The final battle was epic. We must have stolen Asension and Invincibility back and forth ten times. But in the end - Viking Eddie prevailed :cool:

Leo_ID
02-10-2017, 07:00 AM

That stack of negative effects is indeed MESMERIZING!

Patrice-1201
02-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Amazing Nicko! Here's to my mission of the day with your Viking ;-)

IceManFerrar
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Lol, absolutely wonderful, Nicko, I love it.
Awesome post with all the pics...I felt like I was right there in the battle!

Nicko
02-12-2017, 04:45 AM
Tried this again tonight

First time it froze cause I used Vikings fury while his current Blizzard Shield was active - it shattered and he froze. Had to reboot

Next one just kind of crashed - the beast and my team just stared at each other without the ability to move

I think to make this work you need to put a different Eddie in after he respawns, at least the first time.

Sorry Mammy and Raccar - no badges tonight due to crashes!

RACCAR-8000
02-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Wow Nicko that's awesome, I gotta try that tomorrow when your Viking refreshes. Don't worry about the trooper points I know your good for em.