PDA

View Full Version : Which Eddie should I max out with skill shards?

KidIcarus666
02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
I have currently maxed out Solider Eddie along with Pharaoh Dog King, CotD (Warrior), and Angel of Fear with skill shards.

blade685
02-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Mummy for pvp or storm in pve for me :)
But you have a good pve eddie (soldier)
if pvp -->mummy
But it can change, just wait for skill shards like me ^^

Sag7272
02-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I have currently maxed out Solider Eddie along with Pharaoh Dog King, CotD (Warrior), and Angel of Fear with skill shards.

Was thinking too I had a fully maxed CotD(W)... T'll new update add some skill shard to his power move :(

I personally have a maxed "PvP mummy"... Not all that impressed he's there for his skill set more than his damage capabilities & do marginally more DMG after 11 skillshard.. Unless being real dedicated to PvP or having the right team for him I'd skill up another one (still one of the best looking & love using him it's not the point)

BillLion
02-09-2017, 03:37 PM
I have all these maxed but I personally wouldn't max shards on any. Save them for that killer character you've been waiting on or a new one around the corner.

Then again, we need projects in these content droughts so I understand the need to do something. For that -any would be great.

The Educated fool
02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Speed of Light Eddie is insanely underrated... he always has been, and it seems he always will be. I maxed mine ages ago, and I've never regretted a single shard. :cool:

... But yeah, Mummy is the Arena go-to... no denying. Even I'll admit that SoL is USELESS in the hands of the AI. lol

Arcturus
02-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Speed of Light Eddie is insanely underrated... he always has been, and it seems he always will be. I maxed mine (shards and all) ages ago, and I've never regretted a single shard. :cool:

I remember first getting SoL, finding him a bit too squishy, and putting him away for ever.

But I recently started a second game and thought I'd give him a try. I've never used an Eddie where I've used every skill regularly. He has so many uses! I think on the first time through there's such a learning curve with all the buffs/debuffs/power/fury that it's hard to process which things are really useful - I just settled on a max damage approach (which works well enough). Playing through the second time, though, has been really interesting since I understand all the nuances to the buff system and how to make use of all of SoL's utilities. Currently just starting Underworld Hard/BattleField Madness and I just need one more skillshard to max him out.

KidIcarus666
02-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Thanks for replying everybody! I don't have PvP yet so it sounds like I'll wait to test that out first.

Was thinking too I had a fully maxed CotD(W)... T'll new update add some skill shard to his power move :(

Yeah same thing happened to me! I don't think I'll use Skill Shards on his power move though.

IceManFerrar
02-10-2017, 07:57 PM
I remember first getting SoL, finding him a bit too squishy, and putting him away for ever.

But I recently started a second game and thought I'd give him a try. I've never used an Eddie where I've used every skill regularly. He has so many uses! I think on the first time through there's such a learning curve with all the buffs/debuffs/power/fury that it's hard to process which things are really useful - I just settled on a max damage approach (which works well enough). Playing through the second time, though, has been really interesting since I understand all the nuances to the buff system and how to make use of all of SoL's utilities. Currently just starting Underworld Hard/BattleField Madness and I just need one more skillshard to max him out.

What kind of Talisman setup do you have on him, Arcturus? I'm assuming that the second game is not on your main account else I would have checked your team via the Trooper access.
Cheers!

Nicko
02-10-2017, 09:26 PM
I agree with Sag - Mummy is fine for PvP without any shards; it's his taunt and cleanse that make him so good in PvP and neither get better with skill shards. Shards will simply take his damage from pathetic to poor - ex instead of 1800 damage, you'll get 2800. Not worth it as it makes little difference in a battle. He's not there to damage as he simply can't do it.

I think Storm is a blast and would be my choice of those listed. Otherwise, like Bill said, save those shards until you get a character you're passionate about.

Or better yet - wait for PvP and get a feel for that aspect of the game before spending skill shards