PDA

View Full Version : February 2017 Mid-Month Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Sparton_LOTB
02-10-2017, 07:29 PM
This is the main post to discuss the preliminary tuning notes.

You can see the details of the preliminary notes in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4838).

maxdeviations
02-10-2017, 07:51 PM
sparton - its great that you guys are working on character tuning. But your game is broken - should nt the priority be to fix it first rather than concentrating on more tuning (i.e breaking it further) ? just a thought

gmac
02-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Pharaoh Eddie
1 - Could you make an example as how Revive All will work/scale? With how much approximate HP will the toons be revived?
2 - You just put a mandatory red slot for talisman, why increase magic scaling? Should we go back to blue, or even a green one?

I also think bugs should be fixed first prior to any update/tuning.

Best

BillLion
02-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Pharaoh Eddie
1 - Could you make an example as how Revive All will work/scale? With how much approximate HP will the toons be revived?
2 - You just put a mandatory red slot for talisman, why increase magic scaling? Should we go back to blue, or even a green one?

Best

This is exactly my question. Why screw him up? Why change to magic scaling after you removed his only magus talisman slot and replaced it with red? Now that I changed it for a red (without knowing this change was coming) I can't even change it back.

I really need some info on why this is needed -especially since everything else scales on HP, defense and physical damage. This is my fave character, so yeah I might have some passion on this one.

mjmxiii
02-10-2017, 08:33 PM
The vicious cycle continues to fall short of a very important step and instead focuses on ruining more characters for no apparent reason. True damage NF, true damage.

MetalWarrior
02-10-2017, 08:36 PM
The following is the preliminary list of character tuning changes that will go live in an upcoming update.

The timeline for this update is not confirmed, but we are targeting mid-February.

This post does not include bug fixes, feature additions, and other changes coming in the next update.

Hey! :D

Quote was from the referred thread.

Just want to clarify, this post means,that post/thread itself doesn't go into describing what bug fixes will be applied ! Or
the next update you are planning to push in mid feb, won't include any codes that would fix the compatibility issues (bug fix)
Would really appreciate the clarification.

Kind regards

Ringe666-7406
02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Will you make Mummy's Power smash possible to aim that stun? Not a single time ever it went where I wanted it... Triggers rarely and always on a guy which is just about to die. You can even raise the cost if I can aim it, as far as I am concerned. Also, I would suggest that raised accuracy from Angel of Pain's basic move can be applied to a random ally. Oh, did I mention that from August game crashes on my phone between loading screen and battle on first, often on second and almost always on third consecutive battle if I make it that far? And now I can't even play it on emulator? Where are all those rewards from those battles and all trooper badges and SoT? Gone, and I don't care, but it even wasn't for good.

Kraznoff
02-10-2017, 08:42 PM
This is fine.

treeb0mbb
02-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Are any known bugs gonna be fixed in this update? I agree with the tuning its necessary to keep the game going good but I would like to see bugs fixed as well. That's what makes games playable and more enjoyable :)

Kaz_LOTB
02-10-2017, 09:29 PM
This is exactly my question. Why screw him up? Why change to magic scaling after you removed his only magus talisman slot and replaced it with red? Now that I changed it for a red (without knowing this change was coming) I can't even change it back.

I really need some info on why this is needed -especially since everything else scales on HP, defense and physical damage. This is my fave character, so yeah I might have some passion on this one.

To follow up on this, the Magic scaling is just there to make his default healing and damage from Mend a bit better. It will also bolster his true damage attacks slightly. It does mean that you can choose to build him less HP / DEF focus to trade damage for healing with your 3 free slots though.

Kaz_LOTB
02-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Pharaoh Eddie

Best

The Revive amount itself has not changed, just the healing amount. There was a flat base amount of healing that was supposed to be a percentage. As far as how you can build Pharaoh Eddie, nothing's changed for the most part. He is tankier and does more damage with Greens and Reds generally, you just have the option to build MAGIC to increase the value of Revive All's Heal and Mend's Damage.

-Kaz

Sparton_LOTB
02-10-2017, 09:51 PM
ust want to clarify, this post means,that post/thread itself doesn't go into describing what bug fixes will be applied ! Or
the next update you are planning to push in mid feb, won't include any codes that would fix the compatibility issues (bug fix)

Are any known bugs gonna be fixed in this update? I agree with the tuning its necessary to keep the game going good but I would like to see bugs fixed as well. That's what makes games playable and more enjoyable :)

This is just a preview of the character tuning; the next update will have many bug fixes, including for things like not launching on certain Android devices, talisman effects not proccing on more than 1 enemy, and issues which caused characters to do no damage. We don't have the final patch notes for the update ready, which is why they're not posted (we're still working on the update, so it's not 100% clear what the full list of changes are yet).

Will you make Mummy's Power smash possible to aim that stun? Not a single time ever it went where I wanted it... Triggers rarely and always on a guy which is just about to die. You can even raise the cost if I can aim it, as far as I am concerned.

Mummy Eddie already has a lot going for him with his skill set, so we aren't looking at changing that skill right now.

Also, I would suggest that raised accuracy from Angel of Pain's basic move can be applied to a random ally.

Even if it's a random ally, a guaranteed Accuracy Up buff to an ally would allow this character to do more than what we're intending him to do. Like Mummy Eddie, Angel of Pain already has a good usage rate and brings great value to a team, so we'd rather keep him as he is.

Nine
02-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Always nice to see the dialogue continueing! At the same time, I would hope for an as-soon-possible-bug-fix without taking the risk something else goes wrong, but if you are sure about this...

Noticing those Talisman slot changes, could you have a look at the Assassin Artillery Dog, too? The attributes of this character just make no sense to me what so ever, or am I missing something?

His only damaging move does physical damage, yet he has a mandatory purple slot, which not only means wasting stats but also a set bonus since no one will put three purple on him. In addition to that he has a crazy high magic stat which is of purely cosmetic impact. Did War Machine deal true damage at some point? In that case everything would make sense. Considering his rarity, I'd wish the character was more consistant and with a probably valuable role in PvP due to his passive I think he is worthy of some tuning. (One could argue that the green slots are already doing more bad than good on him, but if it is intended to keep the damage down a bit, I guess that's alright)

treeb0mbb
02-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Nice can't wait till the next update then. Good luck on the work devs!

Kaz_LOTB
02-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Always nice to see the dialogue continueing! At the same time, I would hope for an as-soon-possible-bug-fix without taking the risk something else goes wrong, but if you are sure about this...

Noticing those Talisman slot changes, could you have a look at the Assassin Artillery Dog, too? The attributes of this character just make no sense to me what so ever, or am I missing something?

His only damaging move does physical damage, yet he has a mandatory purple slot, which not only means wasting stats but also a set bonus since no one will put three purple on him. In addition to that he has a crazy high magic stat which is of purely cosmetic impact. Did War Machine deal true damage at some point? In that case everything would make sense. Considering his rarity, I'd wish the character was more consistant and with a probably valuable role in PvP due to his passive I think he is worthy of some tuning. (One could argue that the green slots are already doing more bad than good on him, but if it is intended to keep the damage down a bit, I guess that's alright)

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy. We'll take a look at the Artillery Dog next patch.

-Kaz

Sag7272
02-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Noticing those Talisman slot changes, could you have a look at the Assassin Artillery Dog, too? The attributes of this character just make no sense to me what so ever, or am I missing something? if it is intended to keep the damage down a bit, I guess that's alright)

There's definitely something weird with these passive immune dogs... HH have more magic than attack stat while having only physical attributes too..

MetalWarrior
02-10-2017, 10:55 PM
This is just a preview of the character tuning; the next update will have many bug fixes, including for things like not launching on certain Android devices, talisman effects not proccing on more than 1 enemy, and issues which caused characters to do no damage. We don't have the final patch notes for the update ready, which is why they're not posted (we're still working on the update, so it's not 100% clear what the full list of changes are yet).

Appreciate the the clarification, :cool:

... how about give some of us (forum members) the job of beta testers,instead of the whole world at once,same you are doing for pvp beta test.
by providing the apk/ipa file,and point that game to a backup/temp server,instead of updating the primary server and post the update to playstore/appstore.

just be on safe side that,coming update won't bring more bugs than resolutions.

I do understand,it is not possible for you guys to test huge number of devices and OS available on the market,in a limited amount of time.

Anyway,if the company policy allows it.think about that.just an idea.;)

satani
02-11-2017, 12:45 AM
any information on the android-instant-crash bug fix? cause i/we are loosing some players because their devices can't start the game anymore.
Support mails were sent, i hope, this gets fixed.

Sparton_LOTB
02-11-2017, 01:28 AM
any information on the android-instant-crash bug fix? cause i/we are loosing some players because their devices can't start the game anymore.
Support mails were sent, i hope, this gets fixed.

We are still testing the update, but we're fairly confident we have a fix for this in the next update (hopefully will be released soon).

Sparton_LOTB
02-11-2017, 01:35 AM
... how about give some of us (forum members) the job of beta testers,instead of the whole world at once,same you are doing for pvp beta test.
by providing the apk/ipa file,and point that game to a backup/temp server,instead of updating the primary server and post the update to playstore/appstore.

just be on safe side that,coming update won't bring more bugs than resolutions.

In some ways, this makes releasing app updates much harder, and there would probably need to be limitations for the accounts that are beta testing (such as being separate from your regular accounts, and/or altered store information), but yeah, this is something I can float to the team to consider in the future.

Hypnos
02-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Just saw the 24 hour notice for the PvP beta closure. Will PvP be released worldwide anytime soon or can us beta testers enjoy a well deserved break from the madness? :D

Sparton_LOTB
02-11-2017, 01:46 AM
Just saw the 24 hour notice for the PvP beta closure. Will PvP be released worldwide anytime soon or can us beta testers enjoy a well deserved break from the madness? :D

We feel we've achieved sufficient data from the beta, so are turning it off after this reward cycle ends (so that people can finish fighting for this week's reward). Stay tuned!

gmac
02-11-2017, 02:32 AM
We feel we've achieved sufficient data from the beta, so are turning it off after this reward cycle ends (so that people can finish fighting for this week's reward). Stay tuned!

Sparton, Kaz and LOTB devs/team,

Please donīt go live on Arena without having players to test it on the fixes regarding the last update, there are just too many bugs right now. You might wanna see how it goes to be real sure itīs ok.

If you wanna shut it down fine, personally I could use a vacation from it, but get committed players to test the fixes before it goes live. One mistake here could REALLY hurt the game. Itīs not going to be BETA anymore...

Plenty would do it gladly, Iīm sure.

Best regards and good luck to us all

CanyptianFit
02-11-2017, 02:52 AM
What is meant by the add missing magic scaling change to the nomad?

Improves the magic aspect of his random damage? So when his random is magic it will be higher.

Silentknight
02-11-2017, 03:34 AM

Will we retain our iron coins?

Sag7272
02-11-2017, 05:01 AM
Will the store shut right after the reset or we'll have time to buy stuff for a last time?

The Educated fool
02-11-2017, 05:14 AM
Will the store shut right after the reset or we'll have time to buy stuff for a last time?

These. :cool:

Nicko
02-11-2017, 05:18 AM

They implied previously we'd be keeping them. I pointed out we were making far more than we could spend, but they mentioned they could be used for souls fragments that would be quite expensive so assuming that hasn't changed.

Silentknight
02-11-2017, 05:33 AM
Sparton, Kaz and LOTB devs/team,

Please donīt go live on Arena without having players to test it on the fixes regarding the last update, there are just too many bugs right now. You might wanna see how it goes to be real sure itīs ok.

If you wanna shut it down fine, personally I could use a vacation from it, but get committed players to test the fixes before it goes live. One mistake here could REALLY hurt the game. Itīs not going to be BETA anymore...

Plenty would do it gladly, Iīm sure.

Best regards and good luck to us all

Sure seems like a bad time to shut this down

Sparton_LOTB
02-11-2017, 07:30 AM

I can't share our exact plans right now, but that is something we can consider.

What is meant by the add missing magic scaling change to the nomad?

True damage should scale with Attack and Magic, but his skill wasn't. We adjusted his scaling so the damage output should be roughly similar as what it as before, but you could get as much (or more) damage from using Purple talismans.

Yes.

The feature (including it's store) will be inaccessible until Arena reopens (either in another limited beta or for worldwide).

konstifik
02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
It says increased SP scaling on The Nomads Mirage skill. This skill does random damage and the skill description doesn't mention scaling with SP. Is all random damage scaled with SP? The in-game help says random damage is calculated from ATK and MAG.

Quoted from the in-game help on damage types:
"Some characters deal Random Damage which randomly picks from one of the above types [physical, magical, true], but any damage dealt will scale off both ATK and MAGIC."

Looking forward to the update!

Ancient Mariner
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
I don't get it: at first i thought the character tuning was something to do "una tantum" (just once, exceptionally) to correct those chars who were for a reason or another too powerful/weak.
But we are getting one of these once every 2/3 weeks; there's no stability and you can't ever tell for example if a char you're investing time and resources on, will change for the worse in the future. This is not good because you can't really plan how to build up a new team this way.

Once all the chars are checked and balanced, there should be no more tunings, to let us manage our squad in the best way

BillLion
02-11-2017, 11:55 AM
To follow up on this, the Magic scaling is just there to make his default healing and damage from Mend a bit better. It will also bolster his true damage attacks slightly. It does mean that you can choose to build him less HP / DEF focus to trade damage for healing with your 3 free slots though.

Thank you for clarifying -I'll keep an open mind.

The feature (including it's store) will be inaccessible until Arena reopens (either in another limited beta or for worldwide).

Each week there has been a gap between the close of PVP and the availability to spend the coins we've earned in the shop. Will we be able to get the shop items we've been waiting for before it is turned off?

Hypnos
02-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Each week there has been a gap between the close of PVP and the availability to spend the coins we've earned in the shop. Will we be able to get the shop items we've been waiting for before it is turned off?

This. Every time the timer resets, it goes back to 6 days but usually everything unlocks later that day. Hope you guys keep the shop open long enough or resolve this issue before the deadline.

The Educated fool
02-11-2017, 03:52 PM
This. Every time the timer resets, it goes back to 6 days but usually everything unlocks later that day. Hope you guys keep the shop open long enough or resolve this issue before the deadline.

It doesn't sound like it's gonna matter... the shop and the Arena both are gonna take a ride from here to eternity come the end of the line today.

BillLion
02-11-2017, 04:42 PM
It doesn't sound like it's gonna matter... the shop and the Arena both are gonna take a ride from here to eternity come the end of the line today.

Might be nice to refresh the PVP shop one last time BEFORE this PVP round ends so people can get their last rewards and then you can shut it down as you desired.

Either way, thank you for including me in the testing.

Sag7272
02-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Might be nice to refresh the PVP shop one last time BEFORE this PVP round ends so people can get their last rewards and then you can shut it down as you desired.

Either way, thank you for including me in the testing.

It's not complicated, just waiting 1h after refresh to shut down everything would do it.. Maybe we'll have a couple minutes, let's see

All in all been a nice ride :D

Caretaker
02-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Hi! I see mines are geting their slot. But not the Imp. Please include a mandatory green for the red Imp due to its 4.5k base hp. If it's not too much to ask. Tnx!

calizario
02-13-2017, 01:05 PM
I hope this next update is tested until the last minute before the release, so there are no more bugs and crash's. This is difficult for every update in terms of more errors to correct in next updates ..

Hypnos
02-13-2017, 11:22 PM
do we have a date yet? Take your time guys, triple check everything :)

Thedarkness
02-14-2017, 05:33 AM
Mammy, you are just enjoying your beastly god mode rainmaker before they nerf him. Thats ok, I am too

Sid-2370

Hypnos
02-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Mammy, you are just enjoying your beastly god mode rainmaker before they nerf him. Thats ok, I am too

Sid-2370

Haha, I'm actually more curious to see some weaker characters like desert rider and assassin undead rescuer get their share of love! I won't lie, the crazy damage with fervor will be missed but it will be nice to see rainmaker play as the devs intended.

Kardas
02-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Very happy about the slot changes for the Possessed Mines. Also happy seeing Fervor get nerfed because the Troll wave in Light Bringer is like the hardest level in the game other than the Beast himself.
Also hilarious that one week before the Arena's closing, I get an invite for it. lol

Very curious to see how the update will turn out.

Blacksteel
02-14-2017, 03:48 PM
@Devs give back some of the Corrupt Droid's damage scaling that was reduced, this was an over-nerf as also his healing ability was removed, one less action point cost bonus for his special does not make up for 2 nerfs.

Sparton_LOTB
02-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Full patch notes are live. (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4853)

Do note that the character tuning ended up exactly the same as the tentative notes that were posted here, but this update has plenty of other fixes and improvements... including the worldwide release of the PVP Arena!

Closing this thread now that this is old tentative news.