PDA

View Full Version : Unwinnable Fight

homechicken
02-13-2017, 06:26 PM
I got caught up in an unwinnable fight today. It was not fun at all. I went about 15 rounds before I just force-closed the game to take some time off.

The enemy Golden Son Assassins just kept casting Endure, I kept healing and using Pharaoh Eddie's Invincibility (which doesn't always prevent damage BTW). They probably would have eventually wore me down had I not quit anyway, but it sucked. My screenshot shows the fight after about 8 rounds or so (5 invincibilities stacked on Pharaoh Eddie :)

IceManFerrar
02-13-2017, 06:50 PM
I got caught up in an unwinnable fight today. It was not fun at all. I went about 15 rounds before I just force-closed the game to take some time off.

The enemy Golden Son Assassins just kept casting Endure, I kept healing and using Pharaoh Eddie's Invincibility (which doesn't always prevent damage BTW). They probably would have eventually wore me down had I not quit anyway, but it sucked. My screenshot shows the fight after about 8 rounds or so (5 invincibilities stacked on Pharaoh Eddie :)

That sucks, mate. The critical part of that battle is to destroy most (if not all) of the AGS at the first round itself. Try using my Wickerman for his Power skill, a Soldier/Tailgunner Eddie for their AoE damage, your CoTD, and another Warrior toon. I found that Warrior and Gunners work best.
Best of luck!

Arcturus
02-13-2017, 07:18 PM
That does suck. I've been stuck in similarly unwinnable situations before. One way to avoid this is to bring someone who can remove/steal beneficial effects (CR Eddie/wickerdog king/assassin troll) or block beneficials (Speed of Light Eddie).

BillLion
02-13-2017, 07:31 PM
Frustrating. Another strategy is bring a team which makes their ability to have an offense term impossible.

Hint: I leave my Pharaoh out of this one because he have the heavy AOE needed to do this.

homechicken
02-13-2017, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I fought them a bunch of times with basically the same team, but then brought a trooper in and that changed up things enough that I got screwed. It might be nice to have a check when Endurance is cast that if you're already at 0 it doesn't work, but whatever. I just hate losing because I really shouldn't have and kept at it until I got real frustrated.

I don't normally take my Pharaoh on this fight, but my heavy hitters kill themselves too often right now...

druid138
02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
That's irritating! I've been in that situation as well. Another way to avoid it is to use a character with Permadeath (e.g., Assassin CotD), which will override Endure.

druid138-6195

Caretaker
02-14-2017, 05:29 AM
That's irritating! I've been in that situation as well. Another way to avoid it is to use a character with Permadeath (e.g., Assassin CotD), which will override Endure.

druid138-6195

Really? Because it shouldn't since the creature has not died. Need to test that. If that's so, imo its another mixed up order of coding

Leo_ID
02-14-2017, 06:54 AM
I've never experience that, but in that case, I probably will bring CR Eddie to remove beneficial effect with his fury

BonFire
02-14-2017, 07:43 AM
The green Rescuer is good for moments like that. And before the nerf, that was the reason why I had the freeze Talisman on my Harpy.

MoonShadow
02-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Been through this before my toons didn't have enough firepower to wipe 'em all in the first rounds, so the nasty AGG's haven't got the chance to cast endurance. Used to bring up a SoL Eddie to steal their effects and, lately, a Green Rescuer (as stated above), which is good in blocking the beneficial effects, but it doesn't have much firepower.

I'm curious too about the effects of permadeath, as I didn't got the chance to test that.

All in all, it's a LoL dungeon that I can't auto play on higher levels.

powerslave74
02-14-2017, 09:22 AM
I remember this happening to me before too. I even lost using one of my troopers because of having to quit the game from the AGS constantly casting Endure to keep me from killing anyone. Now, I just take along my FotD Eddie and use his future skill Spread Terror that blocks beneficial effects for two rounds and make sure that I kill all AGS as soon as possible to keep this annoying skill from being used.

Schadenfreud-0217
02-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Step 1: Get Speed of Light Eddie
Step 2: Use
Compile (3 PWR) Steals Power. Blocks Beneficial Effects for 2 turns.
Step 3: Profit.

Or use Pharaoh Sun Spirit (Warrior) or Corrupt Rescuer (Sentinel) or Carriage Rider Eddie... The point being - build your team around the enemies you're facing so you can counter them.

konstifik
02-14-2017, 11:32 AM
As evident by previous replies, there are several ways to avoid this :)

Method 1: Kill all Golden Sons in the first round
Method 2: Stun/freeze/taunt/silence/seal the Golden Sons to prevent them from casting Endure
Method 3: Use power stealing to prevent the Golden Sons from casting Endure
Method 4: Use a character that blocks, steals or removes beneficial effects
Method 5: Use a character with Siege passive to reduce the duration of Endure
Method 6: Use a character who can inflict Permadeath, which is reported to override Endure
Method 7: Use a reflect shield (if they attack before they renew Endure the reflected damage can kill them)

druid138
02-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Really? Because it shouldn't since the creature has not died. Need to test that. If that's so, imo its another mixed up order of coding

Yes, it's definitely the case [Permadeath overrides Endure], and it was intended by the developers. The Status Effects section in Settings/Help within the game describes Permadeath as follows:

Permadeath - If the target dies with Permadeath, they cannot be revived. Blocks Ghost and Endure from functioning.

druid138-6195

Caretaker
02-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Haha. Not cool. Tnx!

homechicken
02-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Well, on the plus side, now I've won some PvP fights I had no business winning because I use the same tactic... :cool:

Nekroliun
02-17-2017, 08:11 PM
For most lucifers, i use SOL, he can destroy them due to his epic negate buffs, block effects and ofc extend negatives, which make it impossible for them to kill you and survive!