PDA

View Full Version : corrupt general

Browno
02-13-2017, 10:23 PM
So i have a magus team with gr eddie and pdk maxed out. Is the general worth the investment of shards? I could go team red and max out samurai eddie otherwise, but i like the blue ones more :p
Is the general viable in pvp?

Hypnos
02-13-2017, 10:49 PM
So i have a magus team with gr eddie and pdk maxed out. Is the general worth the investment of shards? I could go team red and max out samurai eddie otherwise, but i like the blue ones more :p

Yes, shard him up. He's a great asset in PvP when fully sharded. Unsharded - not so much.

Witkacy
02-13-2017, 10:58 PM

Browno :)

Sure he still has some adavantages despite of all the nerfs... I can tell that I usually paired him with Mummy Eddie in PvP against some red/blue teams and he was solid helper to Eddie... On the other hand - with all these nerfs running up constantly I fear to arm with skillshards any other toons besides Eddies now - just to avoid future dissapointments - like already happen with few of my characters...

Cheers,

W

slauki
02-13-2017, 11:14 PM
i'm very sure they are done with nerfing him, so i think it's a solid investment. he's still a great character only not so ridiculously OP anymore.
really nice char for PVP.
if you ask me the nerfs were actual fixes for him, so that he cannot break the game anymore but he is still reasonable strong and desireable..

Tritium
02-13-2017, 11:22 PM
I wish I had him. A toon who has the potential to stun the whole enemy team with his AOE basic is pretty awesome. Such a skill can create some unique strategies in PVP with the right team. ;)

Silentknight
02-14-2017, 12:18 AM
I wish I had him. A toon who has the potential to stun the whole enemy team with his AOE basic is pretty awesome. Such a skill can create some unique strategies in PVP with the right team. ;)

LOL, He hits like a girl! Even fully sharded. But his stun is everything + MR down helps too. His special's ok but I'd rather use any Eddies'. Power move is situational.

konstifik
02-14-2017, 09:53 AM
I bought 10 rare souls on a whim yesterday, summoned all in one go, eyes go red and I get.... my second Corrupt General. Damn you, RNGeezus!

Hypnos
02-14-2017, 10:03 AM
I bought 10 rare souls on a whim yesterday, summoned all in one go, eyes go red and I get.... my second Corrupt General. Damn you, RNGeezus!

Rare soul packs are so 2016 ;) They are just not worth the effort and emotional distress any more

konstifik
02-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Rare soul packs are so 2016 ;) They are just not worth the effort and emotional distress any more

Well, I had a ton of ironite lying around and nothing better to spend it on (I don't have the time to play through a ton of SoT-refills). Statistically, you should get one 4-5* character from every 10 rare souls and with 13 different warrior/magus/sentinel 4-5* characters that I don't have yet, it was worth a shot.

And I did get a 5* character after all, just happened to be one I've already got. Two CG's could make for a total stunfest in PvP though.

Kardas
02-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Corrupt General helps me get through Light Bringer Hard and Madness because of his stun. My Allied Soldier also makes good use of that MR drop, and the Power Move is useful against the Hell Hound rounds. Sure, the Freeze Talisman nerf makes his usefulness take a hit, but I'm not regretting sharding mine.
Heck, I'm considering sharding my second one and trying those two out with a Warrior Bomber Boy...

The odd thing about him is that Skill Shards are pretty much required to make full use out of him though, with all the nerfs that stuns have gotten.

konstifik
02-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Corrupt General helps me get through Light Bringer Hard and Madness because of his stun. My Allied Soldier also makes good use of that MR drop, and the Power Move is useful against the Hell Hound rounds. Sure, the Freeze Talisman nerf makes his usefulness take a hit, but I'm not regretting sharding mine.
Heck, I'm considering sharding my second one and trying those two out with a Warrior Bomber Boy...

The odd thing about him is that Skill Shards are pretty much required to make full use out of him though, with all the nerfs that stuns have gotten.

I also use him on Lightbringer, along with an Angel of Pain to take down shields and immunities. With buff stacking on Eddies, those levels are a breeze even on Madness difficulty with a CR Eddie that buffs upp his own magic with his Wither move. Even before the buff stacking bug those levels were easy with this team, just not as easy as now.

Kardas
02-14-2017, 11:57 AM
I also use him on Lightbringer, along with an Angel of Pain to take down shields and immunities. With buff stacking on Eddies, those levels are a breeze even on Madness difficulty with a CR Eddie that buffs upp his own magic with his Wither move. Even before the buff stacking bug those levels were easy with this team, just not as easy as now.

Hmm, never considered using the Angel of Pain for that. I should try that sometime.

I can also add that CG's MR Drop is great for getting good damage out of certain Sentinels like the Allied Bomber Boy or Mummy. That should give you an easier time in the Magus rifts.

Browno
02-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Kitted him with 7 shards. Got 2 on fury, 4 on power mive and last on basic :/
I will continue to shard him tho. He seems solid when stun hits :)

Atheist
02-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Stop calling him Corrupt General. His name is, was and will be forever (in our hearts) Axis Commander.