PDA

View Full Version : Strategy question vs. AOE lose-a-turn

Fudjo
02-18-2017, 03:59 AM
Suppose I don't have a character that provides my team with Immunity. What do I do about this scenario:

Lose coin flip.
Mummy AOE stun.
Corrupt General AOE stun.
Allied Soldier AOE freeze.
Sentinel Soulless Demon Taunt.

Is it just "Suck it up, Buttercup"? Or is there a scheme that can defeat AOE lose-a-turn effects?

Tritium
02-18-2017, 04:31 AM
Honestly, that kind of scenario can only be beaten by going first or having certain toons that can counter the AOE CC barrage via tanking, immunity, shielding or cleansing. You would need some luck to beat it going second without having the right toons.

Do you have any toons capable of cleansing? There are a decent amount of easy to get cleansers out there.

Fudjo
02-18-2017, 04:34 AM
I don't have a Pharaoh Dog King or Red Troll or the like. Been playing since July. Ah well.

treeb0mbb
02-18-2017, 04:43 AM
Suppose I don't have a character that provides my team with Immunity. What do I do about this scenario:

Lose coin flip.
Mummy AOE stun.

Is it just "Suck it up, Buttercup"? Or is there a scheme that can defeat AOE lose-a-turn effects?

Damn I just started pvp(still suck at it) I guess I need to invest into my hellhound if it's gonna be like this later on.

Edit: Btw can anyone suggest some good talismans to put on a magus allied soldier? I don't know if I should go 2 health and rest magic or some more health since his main attack scales with hp?

P.S. keep on grinding man you'll get a trooper with immunity one day. I seen people with multiple hellhounds so it's possible.

Tritium
02-18-2017, 04:55 AM
Sentinel Allied Soldier is capable of cleansing and is a pretty easy toon to get. He could be a good investment.

@treeb0mbb, You could try 4 health ward and 2 holy power for a decent setup. If you want effects, try 3 blind/paralysis and 3 freezing.

Sag7272
02-18-2017, 05:14 AM

Lose coin flip.
Mummy AOE stun.

Most taunters are sentinel characters, taunting an AoF is quite deadly..
A CG once taunted should also give some room to do something,
Taunting any "crowd control" toon paired with a DM or an accuracy buffer should also free up some space to use an immunity power move such as red pyro or green droid on second turn...

As for stun & freeze, Sentinel solider, mummy & Buzz Lightyear all cleanse AOE & class advantage vs magus... & Rarely now they all froze up at same time so having a dedicated team for those teams shouldn't be that hard to build most of em are common as dirt..

Schadenfreud-0217
02-21-2017, 10:18 AM
Hellhound (Warrior), Artillery Dog (Assassin), Troll (Warrior), Corrupted Rescuer (Sentinel), Allied Soldier (Sentinel) and the list goes on and on...

Fudjo
02-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Most taunters are sentinel characters, taunting an AoF is quite deadly..
A CG once taunted should also give some room to do something,
Taunting any "crowd control" toon paired with a DM or an accuracy buffer should also free up some space to use an immunity power move such as red pyro or green droid on second turn...

As for stun & freeze, Sentinel solider, mummy & Buzz Lightyear all cleanse AOE & class advantage vs magus... & Rarely now they all froze up at same time so having a dedicated team for those teams shouldn't be that hard to build most of em are common as dirt..

Here's the thing, though...With Sentinel Soldier and other toons whose cleanse ability requires an action, it doesn't help if they're the one that gets stunned, taunted, or frozen.