PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of and preventing enemy buffs 101

Kardas
02-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Accurate as of December 23

Gunner Lord of Light is Invincible again? Can't break through a mob of Assassin Golden Sons casting Endure? Well, this thread can hopefully provide all your answers! In this guide I will be looking at all characters in the game that can either steal, block, or remove beneficial effects. I hope this helps you in picking characters for your team!
Do tell me if there's anything which is incorrect.
A big thank you to all the people who contributed to the 'Compilation of Maximized Characters' thread, where I got the information from, but to Slauki in particular.

Note that Beneficial Effects, Positive Effects, and buffs mean the same thing. Additionally, buff removers cannot remove Immortality (Mystic Eddie/Immortality Talismans), Ghost (Carriage Rider, Magus Lord of Light) or Ascension (Mystic Eddie).

Talismans
Void (Shield/Barrier). 3 set, 35% chance to trigger Void Shield to all allies on Perfect Attacks. Void Shield reduces physical and magic damage taken by 50% and reflects physical and magic damage as true damage to all enemies, with a 35% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Available in Underworld.
Lightning (Arcane/Power/Sorcery). 4 set, grants Lightning Skill to wearer. (10 Power: 3 hits of magic damage to all enemies. 25% Chance to Shock on each hit. 25% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit.) Available in Brave New World.
Purge (Will/Bulwark/Onslaught): 3 set. 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on the target and Heal yourself on Perfect attacks.

Eddies:

Run to the Hills Eddie:
Disarming Attack: Single target. Deals single target damage with a 30% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 30% chance to Disable Passive for 1 turn(55% with Skill Shards)
- Not bad, but a little bit outclassed.

Shaman Eddie:
Rending Split: AoE. Deals 3 hits of single target physical damage with a 30% (70% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. 100% Chance to Remove All Shields from target, and gain an Extra Turn if a Shield is removed.
- Shaman Eddie is an offensive buff monster, but he can debuff if he wants.

Fear of the Dark Eddie:
Purging Strike (6PWR): AoE. Deals AoE physical damage with a 60% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Beneficial Effects guaranteed to be removed if the enemy is below 50% HP. Damage scales with DEF.
Spread Terror (5PWR): AoE. Inflicts Perfect Corruption (blocks all Beneficial Effects & cannot be transferred or cleansed) for 2 turns, with 50% chance for an Extra Turn.
- Spread Terror is NASTY, and Purging Strike can be very efficient. Some very reliable options.

Pharaoh Eddie:
Ruin: Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with DEF and MAX HP. Removes up to 2 Beneficial Effects if target has Immunity.
- This RULES for PVP. An actual reason for Pharaoh to use Ruin instead of Mend that isn't for damage.

Viking Eddie:
Loot: Single target. Deals single target true damage, Steals a Beneficial Effect, and heals 15% of MAX HP for each buff stolen.
- Guaranteed buff steal? Awesome!

Visions Eddie:
Take: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with a 40% chance to Remove up to 3 Beneficial Effects from enemies.
- People say this nerfed Visions, but I'm not so sure considering it's now AoE. The remove chance got buffed again recently so that's nice. Of course RNG is RNG so don't be surprised when some times you'll remove no buffs at all!

Edward the Great:
Conquest: Single target, deals single target magic damage that scales with enemy MR and Removes Counterstrike and Guard Shield on enemy. Gain Immunity for 2 turns if an effect is removed.

Carriage Rider Eddie:
Black Embrace (Fury): AoE. Deals AoE magic damage, Removes Beneficial Effects from enemies and lowers their stats. Raises All Stats of allies.
- This got me through the Troll wave of Talisman Hoard back when the Trolls were offensive powerhouses. IMO the second-most useful Fury in the game.

Speed of Light Eddie:
Twisted Trade (3PWR): AoE? Deals AoE magic damage with a 30% chance to Steal a Beneficial Effect to self. Steal chance increased to 40% with Skill Shards.
Compile (3PWR): AoE. Steals Power and Blocks Beneficial Effects for 2 turns.
- Compile is great for the Gunner dungeon, and probably the Assassin one too. SoL is great support as always.

Cyborg Eddie:
Scan (5PWR): AoE. 45% chance to Steal Beneficial Effects, heals 15% of HP for every removed beneficial effect, deals single target true damage that scales with SPECIAL. Buff steal chance increases to 55% with Skill Shards.
- Way more reliable now that the skill is AoE.

Aces High Eddie:
Do or Die: Single target. Deals single target physical damage, and Removes One Beneficial Effect. Inflicts Permadeath on targets with Immortality, Endure, or Ghost.
- Nice to have in the Arena I'm sure.

Navigator Eddie:
Dead Reckoning (6PWR): AoE. Deals 6 hits of random damage, with a 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on random enemy each hit, 20% chance to inflict Grievous Burn on random enemy each hit. Effect chance increases to 35% with Skill Shards.
- Navigator's ace in the hole. Superb damage, and lots of nice chances for good extra effects. High Power cost though.
Crashing Rock (5PWR): Single target. Deals random damage, and inflicts Heal Block and Perfect Corruption (blocks all Beneficial Effects & cannot be transferred or cleansed) for 2 turns. Heal Block and Perfect Corruption lasts 3 turns with Skill Shard use.
- Also very nasty. Excellent counter to Torch users and things like Aset.

Eternity Eddie:
Parting Blows: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target true damage with a 35% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects each hit.
- Can't complain here.

Best Eddies for blocking or getting rid of buffs: Fear of the Dark, Viking, Visions, Carriage Rider, Speed of Light, Navigator

Eternals:
The Clairvoyant:
Divine: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with an 80% chance to Remove One Beneficial Effect from each enemy.
- The Clairvoyant is an amazing supporter, and this is just one of the reasons.

Troopers:
Lady Azov:
False Angel: single target, deals 3 hits of single target true damage with a 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit. The final hit Heals all allies based on MAX HP.
Warlord:
Sniper (Passive): Removes a random Beneficial Effect on each enemy at the start of the battle. Gain Perfect Immortality for 1 turn if Perfect Immunity is active at the start of your turn.

Wrath:
Savage Strike: Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 45% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Heals you for 15% of your MAX HP for every Mark on the targets.
- Especially great if you've Marked people beforehand.

Kardas
02-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Allies:

Warrior:
Rocket Dog:
Tackle (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with MAX HP with a 45% Chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to Stun for 2 turns.
- Extra utility for this move now

Pharaoh Sun Spirit:
Disquiet: AoE. Deals AoE physical damage with a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to heal and Block Beneficial Effects on enemies for 1 turn
- That and the heal chances are part of the PSS’s charm

Golden Son:
Mar (5PWR): AoE. Deals AoE physical damage, Blocks Beneficial Effects for 1 turn, and has a 50% chance to grant AoE Immunity for 1 turn. Immunity chance increased to 100% for 2 turns, as well as buff blocking for 2 turns, with Skill Shards

Pyro Soldier:
Flame: AoE. Deals AoE true damage with a 65% (85% with Skill Shards) chance to inflict Flame (DoT true damage with a chance to Remove buffs each turn) for 2 turns (3 turns with Skill Shards)
- A bit RNG-reliant, but can be nasty

Wickerdog King:
Thieve (5PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage and Steals Beneficial Effects. Also a 45% chance to Lower their DEF for 2 turns
- Better with the Assassin Troll, but still good

Possessed Rockets:
Launch (3PWR): AoE? Deals 2 hits of physical AoE(?) damage with a 30% (45% with Skill Shards) chance to Block Beneficial Effects for 2 turns.
- Seems luck-reliant

Desert Warrior:
Mad Dance (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical damage, inflicts Permadeath for 2 turns and has a 30% (45% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects
- The Permadeath is a nice bonus, but on its own, the buff removal is a bit unreliable

Harpy:
Blaze: Deals single target physical damage that scales with the SPECIAL stat, with a 50% (100% with Skill Shards) chance to inflict 2 Physical Burns on the enemy for 2 turns (3 turns with Skill Shards), and remove a Beneficial Effect
- Harpy got buffs!

Undead Rescuer:
Guide: Single target. Single target physical damage with a 50% (75% with Skill Shards) chance to Steal Positive Effects and a 35% chance to heal 15% (60% chance to heal 60& of HP with Skill Shards) of MAX HP
- The Warrior Undead Rescuer is an excellent character, and this is now one of the better buff stealers

Newborn of Light:
Exodus: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Lowers target's DEF for 2 turns
- Too bad the buff removal chance got nerfed

Crimson Hourglass:
Dust: Single target? Deals 3 hits of physical damage that scales with DEF, with a 50% chance to Block Beneficial Effects for 2 turns

Undead Allied Soldier:
Unload: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects
- Fun early game option

Sentinel:
Dog of War:
Ruin: Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with DEF and MAX HP. Removes up to 2 Beneficial Effects if target has Immunity
- Very nice, if niche, for PVP
Tackle (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with MAX HP with a 45% Chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to Stun for 2 turns.
- Extra utility for this move now

Hellraiser:
Foul Play (5PWR): AoE. Deals 3 hits of AoE physical damage with a 25% chance (35% with Skill Shards) to Remove One Beneficial Effect per hit
- A lesser version of Navigator Eddie's Dead Reckoning

Trickster:
Bandit: single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage, stealing one buff and transferring one debuff to the enemy
- Sounds fun!

Alliance General:
Command: Single target. Deals single target physical damage that scales with HP, and Steals a Beneficial Effect, with a 50% chance to Steal an extra Beneficial Effect, and a 50% chance to Steal Power and Fury. Steal chance increases to 70% with Skill Shards
- Makes Alliance General useful again

Allied Soldier:
Blitz: Single target. Deals 4 hits of magic damage, with a 25% (60% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit
- I beat NotB on Normal by complete accident with this guy, back when this could remove The Beast’s Class Change status. Unfortunately that got patched out, but this is still a very reliable skill that teams up well with the Allied Soldier’s excellent heal + Cleanse Power move. Damage is low though

Pyro Soldier:
Flame: AoE. Deals AoE true damage with a 65% chance to inflict Flame (DoT true damage with a chance to Remove Beneficial Effects each turn) for 2 turns. Increases to 85% chance and lasts 3 turns with Skill Shards
- A bit RNG-reliant, but this can be nasty. Will deal less damage than with the Warrior

Hourglass:
Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Block Beneficial Effects
- See Assassin Mine

Undead Rescuer:
Strand: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with a 75% chance to Block Beneficial Effects and a 35% chance to heal 15% of MAX HP
Escape (4 PWR): Single target. Cleanses and heals all allies for 10% of their MAX HP. Removes Beneficial Effects from an enemy
- Both skills are reliable. Again, the Sentinel Rescuer is a fantastic supporter. Keep in mind that his damage is low

Val, Valkyrie Guardian:
Starblind: AoE. Deals AoE random damage with a 35% chance to Lower Accuracy and/or Block Beneficial Effects for 1 turn. Effect chance increased to 60% and lasts 2 turns with Skill Shards

Hellraiser:
Temper (6 PWR): single target. Deals 3 hits of single target magic damage. Remove Immunity effects from target, and gain an Extra Turn if Immunity is removed. Grants AoE Accuracy Up
- Like Pharaoh Eddie, a niche buff remover

The Witch Doctor:
Angered Spirits (6PWR): Random targets. Deals 5 hits of true damage to random enemies. Inflicts Doom, Silence, or Block Beneficial Effects on damaged enemies, and instantly gain an Extra Turn
- This is really great if the enemy has no Immunity

Mayan Priestess:
Treachery: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage with a 35% chance (45% with Skill Shards) to Steal a Beneficial Effect per hit
- Cool alternate option to Warrior and Assassin Newborns

Magus:
Corrupt General:
Combust (Fury): Single target. Deals massive single target magic damage, and grants the General a Damage Reduction Shield. Deals additional true damage based on the number of buffs on the target and consumes those effects
- Corrupt General joins MCR in the Magus buff remover crowd now. Looks good on paper

Corrupt Rescuer:
Sweep: Single target. Deals single target magic damage with a 50% chance (65% chance with Skill Shards) to Steal Beneficial Effects
- Too bad the buff steal chance got nerfed

Chopper:
Final Touch (6PWR): Single target. Steal all buffs from target and transfer all debuffs to them. Inflicts Perfect Corruption for 2 turns and a 30% chance for an Extra Turn.

(Gunners, Assassins, and outdated ranking moved to my next post in the thread)

Tritium
02-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Great list here, Kardas! Sentinel Undead Rescuer is my favorite buff blocker/cleansing toon. He's quite helpful for PVP. Shame his damage is incredibly low, but if he actually hit hard, then everyone would use him. :p

IceManFerrar
02-20-2017, 11:32 PM
Hey Kardas, excellent work and so very useful, thank you so much.

One point you missed for the Sentinel Allied Solidier is that for his Power move "Recover", he "Heals all Allies" and "Removes Negative Effects from Allies".

iPoop
02-21-2017, 02:42 AM
Thank you brother Kardas for another one of your excellent write ups! Very well done!

I can't wait to read your write up on how to effectively use burn/mark teams. ;)

treeb0mbb
02-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Man I think it's time to put my assassin troll to use then didn't think he was as op as red troll. Anyone know a good talisman set to put on him? Also does his steal beneficial effects steal ALL effects or only one target?

Thanks

Coletrain
02-21-2017, 04:13 AM
Great write-up, these breakdowns are much appreciated Kardas!

Tritium
02-21-2017, 04:56 AM
Man I think it's time to put my assassin troll to use then didn't think he was as op as red troll. Anyone know a good talisman set to put on him? Also does his steal beneficial effects steal ALL effects or only one target?

Thanks

I believe he steals all of them. He's one hell of a great toon for his skillset and his amazing passive. I wish I had one myself tbh. Until then, I'll have to make do with my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy.

Aristo4
02-21-2017, 05:09 AM
Cyborg Eddie:
Scan (6PWR): Single target. 45% chance to Steal Beneficial Effects, heals 15% of HP for every removed beneficial effect, deals single target true damage that scales with SPECIAL.
A cool option, but not very reliable.

Absolutely not reliable i'd say. Around 50 times tried to save my ass with Scan, since I >98% of times attack with him and made it around 2 times. Stay away from Cyborg.

Great post as always kardas.

konstifik
02-21-2017, 07:57 AM

Thanks

All effects from one target.

MoonShadow
02-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Great write-up, Kardas! Thanks, it really helps reading it here instead of going through all the skills of the characters.

I didn't notice in the first place, from the thread you did about possessed mines, that the Assassin Possessed Mine blocking effect affects only one enemy. I often use yours on Gunner LoL day, about last week I got one of my own, and started leveling it. Strange, I hope it's a bug, as it would be a pity to not have that effect on all enemies.

Kardas
02-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Gunner:
Possessed Mine:
Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% (65% with Skill Shards) chance to Block Beneficial Effects
- See Assassin Mine

Demon Spawn:
Bore: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage that scales with DEF and has a 30% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects per hit

Assassin:
Troll:
Thieve (5PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage and Steals Beneficial Effects. Also a 45% chance to Lower their DEF for 2 turns
- Better thanks to the Troll's Passive

Undead Axis Gunner:
- Better with the Assassin Troll, but still good

Axis Bomber Boy:
Break (5PWR): 50% Chance to AoE Remove 2 Beneficial Effects and a 50% Chance to AoE inflict Permadeath (75% with Skill Shards). AoE Lowers DEF. Effect duration increased by 2 with Skill Shards.

Death Dog:
Isolate (Passive): Multi-target. Removes Beneficial Effects from up to 2 enemies every turn
- Random, but interesting

Possessed Mine:
Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% chance (65% Chance with Skill Shards) to Block Beneficial Effects
- Probably the best Expire user in the game, and the Mine gets a good heal as well. While Expire does AoE damage, the Beneficial Effects block is always single target. Bug or feature?

Mummy Dog:
Maul (3 PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical and magic damage, Blocks Beneficial Effects for 2 turns, and gain an Extra Turn

Burning Mummy Dog:
Blitz: Single target. Deals 4 hits of magic damage, with a 25% chance (60% with Skill Shard) to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit
- The same move as the Sentinel Allied Soldier, only better damage

Newborn of Light:
Exodus: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Lowers target's DEF for 2 turns
- Too bad the buff removal chance got nerfed

Corrupt Ox Cultist:
Mad Dance (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical damage, inflicts Permadeath for 2 turns and has a 30% chance (with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects
- The Permadeath is a nice bonus, but on its own, the buff removal is a bit unreliable

Astra, Valkyrie Slayer:
Synthesis: AoE. Deals 3 hits of AoE true damage with a 15% chance (25% with Skill Shards) to remove a buff, and stuns if a buff is removed
Suppression (5PWR): Deals AoE true damage with a 50% chance (65% with Skill Shards) to inflict Perfect Corruption, Permadeath, and Heal Block for 2 turns
- Popular in PVP

Trickster:
Cheap Shot (Passive): Remove All Beneficial Effects and Blind a random target at the beginning of every turn.
- Like Death Dog

Mayan Priestess:
Suffocation (5PWR): single target. Deals single target physical and magic damage, and Removes Beneficial Effects. Heals all allies based on the number of debuffs on the enemy and your MAX HP.

Buff Stealers:
A Tier: Assassin Troll, Assassin Undead Axis Gunner, Wickerdog King
B Tier: Alliance General, Warrior Undead Rescuer, Magus Corrupt Rescuer
Buff Removers:
A Tier: Wrath, Death Dog, Warrior Harpy
B Tier: Sentinel Undead Rescuer, Warrior Newborn of Light, Assassin Newborn of Light, Sentinel Allied Soldier, Burning Mummy Dog, Corrupt General
C Tier: Warrior Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Pyro Soldier, Dog of War
D Tier: Rocket Dog
Buff Blockers
A Tier: Warrior Golden Son, Val
B Tier: Pharaoh Sun Spirit, Sentinel Undead Rescuer
C Tier: Assassin Possessed Mine , Gunner Possessed Mine, Sentinel Hourglass, Mummy Dog
D Tier: Warrior Possessed Rockets, Crimson Hourglass

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Hey Kardas, excellent work and so very useful, thank you so much.

One point you missed for the Sentinel Allied Solidier is that for his Power move "Recover", he "Heals all Allies" and "Removes Negative Effects from Allies".

True, but this thread's about getting rid of enemy buff, whereas that move is about getting rid of your own debuffs. I have a thread on it too (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4721-Immunity-and-removing-negative-effects-101&p=29109#post29109) (and healing (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1154-The-Book-of-Healers)).

Thanks

The Assassin Troll is especially nasty with his Warrior brother. Case in point: Light Bringer. It is really difficult to OHKO them on Hard or Madness due to the Warrior's shields and those Magma Shields can really wreck you if you're not careful. You could of course buff up and take them out the next turn... in which case the Assassin Troll will steal your buffs and make life hell for you. Make no mistake, my lv100 Soldier Eddie with 22,000 HP and full health has gone down in one turn on both Madness AND Hard because the Trolls ganged up on him (and did things like stealing his Endure). Until I stumbled upon the Carriage Rider solution, my best bet was tanking with the Mummy on turn one and swapping to Grim Reaper on turn two for any reviving that was required.
Of course, the Assassin Troll's basic move got nerfed after people saw how insane it was on Rainmaker, but he's still a threat. I don't have the character but I reckon that an Assassin set, and a Health set and a red (or a Strength set and a green) will work nicely on him.

Great write-up, Kardas! Thanks, it really helps reading it here instead of going through all the skills of the characters.

I didn't notice in the first place, from the thread you did about possessed mines, that the Assassin Possessed Mine blocking effect affects only one enemy. I often use yours on Gunner LoL day, about last week I got one of my own, and started leveling it. Strange, I hope it's a bug, as it would be a pity to not have that effect on all enemies.

Yeah, I asked about that one a long time ago in Bug Reports. Never saw anything resembling an answer. I did realize that the flipside may not always be nice though, where you'd block everyone's beneficial effects save for the guy you wanted to apply it to because RNG.

MoonShadow
02-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I asked about that one a long time ago in Bug Reports. Never saw anything resembling an answer. I did realize that the flipside may not always be nice though, where you'd block everyone's beneficial effects save for the guy you wanted to apply it to because RNG.Yes, this RNG plays such dirty tricks on us, sometimes. Too bad that they didn't respond to your question, though.

slauki
02-21-2017, 11:18 AM
thanks man, very useful and handy writeup (again) :-)

Piece of Mind
02-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the awesome writeup kardas, great work as usual ^^

I'm interested in the Burning Mummy Dog, Blitz is a sweet debuff move and the dog seems to have the offensive stats to give it some bite (lol). Of course when I tried it in PvP the debuff never proc'd and I got massacred in short order... was using 3 Assassin, 3 Energy for utility.

Arcturus
02-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Since there's another thread about it, you may want to mention the Void Talisman set, since it can remove beneficials as well. It's a good passive option if you can't use one of these characters. (oh, and nice work on this and the other threads - very helpful)

Kardas
02-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Since there's another thread about it, you may want to mention the Void Talisman set, since it can remove beneficials as well. It's a good passive option if you can't use one of these characters. (oh, and nice work on this and the other threads - very helpful)

I had to do some digging for this since I had no idea this was the case, but thanks for sharing that detail! I'll add it to the post.

This certainly opens up some cool options for characters.

MoonShadow
02-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Here it is the detalied description about:

Void shield (active for 1 round): "Reduces physical and magic damage taken by 50%. Reflects physical and magical damage taken as true damage to all enemies, with a 35% chance to remove beneficial effects."

Nerada
07-10-2017, 02:23 AM
Absolutely not reliable i'd say. Around 50 times tried to save my ass with Scan, since I >98% of times attack with him and made it around 2 times. Stay away from Cyborg.

Great post as always kardas.

It saved my ass a lots of times i'd say, since he has a really reliable way to gain an accuracy boost (dead eye that can gain an extra turn too), it means he has a 80% chance off removing buffs, restoring a lots of times all his hp, but i feel like in defense for pvp we cant rely on the IA to think about such a combo, i think that cyborg's IA is pretty dumb too, since he uses tase more than dead eye, and i've never seen him using scan.

Nice post, kardas thanks

Aristo4
07-11-2017, 01:14 AM
It saved my ass a lots of times i'd say, since he has a really reliable way to gain an accuracy boost (dead eye that can gain an extra turn too), it means he has a 80% chance off removing buffs, restoring a lots of times all his hp, but i feel like in defense for pvp we cant rely on the IA to think about such a combo, i think that cyborg's IA is pretty dumb too, since he uses tase more than dead eye, and i've never seen him using scan.

Nice post, kardas thanks

Scan was used all the time at a point, then now not at all again......but all these I said are kinda irrelevant now,since my post was in February and a lot of changes on him since then :p

Kardas
07-11-2017, 03:44 PM
So wait, Cyborg's Scan is actually worth a shot now? Am I reading this correctly? If so I'll update that in the thread.

EDIT: Ah, it's AoE now. And not bugged.

mjmxiii
07-20-2017, 05:35 AM
Hey Kardas,

VE Take has 40% chance to "remove" up to 3 bene fx. Wish he could steal and randomly give them up to 3 allies! Great thread!

MoonShadow
07-20-2017, 06:55 AM
Tasted a lot of Wrath's Savage Strike these days... should I dare to say that the 45% chance of removing beneficials from everyone when doing already plenty of damage, makes a defense almost impossible to beat when that team is going first? I'm sure it was already mentioned around here.. :)

IceManFerrar
07-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Tasted a lot of Wrath's Savage Strike these days... should I dare to say that the 45% chance of removing beneficials from everyone when doing already plenty of damage, makes a defense almost impossible to beat when that team is going first? I'm sure it was already mentioned around here.. :)

Hey Trooper, agree, Wrath is OP, but can be dealt with by using heavy Counterstrike teams and NBoL. Where I face challenges is when Wrath is paired with GRE, AoF, and SSD. Those teams are really tough, since if Wrath goes first and removes beneficial effects, GRE then slashes them to death, AoF grants extra turns, and then your team is taunted to death by SSD.

Kardas
07-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Hey Kardas,

VE Take has 40% chance to "remove" up to 3 bene fx. Wish he could steal and randomly give them up to 3 allies! Great thread!

Silly me, I should have seen that considering I use him a fair bit in Arena. Thanks for catching that.

I also saw FotD's info was a bit outdated and I've fixed him too.
Speaking of FotD, I think he's probably THE best Eddie in the Magus LoL dungeon. He has a pretty decent AoE attack with Dessicate, and can instantly remove the Lord of Light's Ghost effect with Purging Strike because by then the LoL will be almost dead anyway. Or prevent it entirely with Spread Terror.

Where I face challenges is when Wrath is paired with GRE, AoF, and SSD. Those teams are really tough, since if Wrath goes first and removes beneficial effects, GRE then slashes them to death, AoF grants extra turns, and then your team is taunted to death by SSD.

I agree with you there; fighting those teams is a total doozy.

mjmxiii
07-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Silly me, I should have seen that considering I use him a fair bit in Arena. Thanks for catching that.

I also saw FotD's info was a bit outdated and I've fixed him too.
Speaking of FotD, I think he's probably THE best Eddie in the Magus LoL dungeon. He has a pretty decent AoE attack with Dessicate, and can instantly remove the Lord of Light's Ghost effect with Purging Strike because by then the LoL will be almost dead anyway. Or prevent it entirely with Spread Terror.

Np.. wishful thinking for VE :)

Agree on FotD, finally finishing his skill shards, he's actually decent in PvP too. Been switching VE for him with heavy Magus teams. Purging Strike does really well removing bene fx and he does much better damage after the last few updates.

MoonShadow
07-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Hey Trooper, agree, Wrath is OP, but can be dealt with by using heavy Counterstrike teams and NBoL. Where I face challenges is when Wrath is paired with GRE, AoF, and SSD. Those teams are really tough, since if Wrath goes first and removes beneficial effects, GRE then slashes them to death, AoF grants extra turns, and then your team is taunted to death by SSD.Yes, it's one (heluva) kind of a team I fear most facing in the Arena, I attack it just when I need to clear a list. But, if it goes first... it's total annihilation for my team, even with a NBoL (sadly, it got nerfed) and a Warrior Buzz.. :)

IceManFerrar
07-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Yes, it's one (heluva) kind of a team I fear most facing in the Arena, I attack it just when I need to clear a list. But, if it goes first... it's total annihilation for my team, even with a NBoL (sadly, it got nerfed) and a Warrior Buzz.. :)

Finally won twice against R1ck, who has the dreaded defense team which I fear the most. He went first during the 1st match, and I went first during the 2nd match. I still think I was lucky both times, but I tried a different attack strategy and used the same team for both matches, so fingers crossed it works in the future.

@R1ck, please don't show up on my list again...would really appreciate it, lol! :)

Dank Brew
09-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Awesome post. Not sure how i've never seen this!

"Carriage Rider Eddie:
Black Embrace (Fury): AoE. Deals AoE magic damage, Removes Beneficial Effects from enemies and lowers their stats. Raises All Stats of allies.
- This got me through the Troll wave of Talisman Hoard back when the Troll were offensive powerhouses. IMO the most useful Fury in the game."

This made me laugh out loud. Those damn trolls had me angry back then hahaha.
This post also makes me want to try out a assassin troll with void talismans! That'd be awesome.