PDA

View Full Version : Void shields overrides endure

MoonShadow
02-21-2017, 11:08 AM
I was just perplexed today, when I've played a game vs. a team consisted by: GR Eddie / Assassin GS / Green Bomber Boy / Gunner GS. I was just getting rid of his Assassin GS, and all the other toons were low on health. On his turn, my CR Eddie was out, and the rest of my team was low on health.

So, it was then my turn, I casted endure with my AGS, and attacked the remaining three enemies, which had void shields on.... guess what...?? they've reflected some of the damage - I was using my Gunner Golden Son, which does random damage, if that matters - and I was completely eliminated, to my total surprise, as my toons were already prepared for the cheerleaders....

Is there something that I've been missing about void shields, or is it a bug? (sorry, if something similar was asked before, did a quick search and found nothing about)

Nine
02-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Is there something that I've been missing about void shields, or is it a bug? (sorry, if something similar was asked before, did a quick search and found nothing about)

Indeed, you are missing something - granted, it is quite well hidden. The damage reflected by Void Shields has a 35% change to cleanse positive effects on the character it was reflected onto.
I was quite suprised myself in PvE for a fair amount of time why enemy buffs were disappearing, but since the detailed discription of buffs can be shown, the mystery is solved.

CanyptianFit
02-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Learned something today! Thanks for sharing that it can cleanse! Wow.

I was thinking it was a bug, as sometime when I would attack void shields MY passives would disappear. Now I know why.

Tritium
02-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Wow, I had no idea Void shields were THAT good. O.o

Arcturus
02-21-2017, 08:23 PM
yep, I make regular use of void shields (and appropriately fear them) for this very reason. Frankly, the damage mitigation is secondary.

If I need to target an enemy, I'll often choose one with a Void set over a reviver (but usually after a taunter/stunner).

konstifik
02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Another reason why Siege passive is so useful.

RACCAR-8000
02-22-2017, 04:30 AM
So void shields for everyone then?

Tritium
02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
So void shields for everyone then?

*Oprah voice* You get a void shield! And you get a void shield! And you get a void shield! Everyone gets a void shield!

MoonShadow
02-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Indeed, you are missing something - granted, it is quite well hidden. The damage reflected by Void Shields has a 35% change to cleanse positive effects on the character it was reflected onto.
I was quite suprised myself in PvE for a fair amount of time why enemy buffs were disappearing, but since the detailed discription of buffs can be shown, the mystery is solved.Wow! Thanks for solving the mystery, Nine :) Now I know that I shouldn't attack when they're casted. I've searched for my old Assassin Soulless Demon, cleanse the dust from his void shields, and tried against my own defense team. Indeed, in the detailed descriptions says there's a 35% chance to remove beneficial effects, and also that the returned damage is true of a kind. Should've upgraded those shields...

Learned something today!Yes, me too! It's never too late for learning, it seems.

scott-5496
02-22-2017, 03:17 PM
One of the few things I did right in the game was focusing on a few sets of this talisman - it works well in most cases.

Nekroliun
02-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Figured it out a couple of days ago, while doing the assassin dung, my trooper's assassin son had void talisman and i got it to work, i won the endure match due to enemies getting rekt by void effect.

Pretty powerful indeed