PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break - Kardas-1158

Kardas
02-27-2017, 09:20 PM
I hate to be the next one after BillLion and IceManFerrar and I swear this is all coincidence, but I've been planning on taking a break from LotB once the new month kicks in.

Why? A few things.
- You probably know by now that I have little interest in PVP, and once the update changed the Daily Rewards, rather than do 3 battles a day and get back to other stuff, I just collected my 5 Ironite (instead of 15) and went on. Very minor I know, but a little change like that was a surprisingly big motivation hit for me.
- Crashes. My game's been fairly stable (0-2 MACLO/PVTE1s a day) since the beginning of the year, but in the lead up to PVP my game has been crashing to desktop more than I care. I used to be about 2 a day, but since the PVP update it feels like 5-10 a day and that feels incredibly unfair to my Troopers.
- I want some more time in my day. Time not spent on LOTB. Even without playing PVP, I've become very aware of the amount of hours spent each day on the game and currently I am at a point where I am not willing to invest that amount of time.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the game and I am mostly happy with the direction it's taking but I need to take a break right now. I cannot say when I return (maybe when BNW and Night City show up, but more likely when I've made significant progress with my studies), but I will stop with Trooper point collecting after February 28. So feel free to drop me then.

I'll probably check the forums intermittently though, and I'll keep you informed when I decide to return.

If you want though, I can throw a PVP defense team together while I'm gone. Free points for you. One hint: bring Immunity.

Up the Irons!
- Kardas

Silentknight
02-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Sucks! Enjoy! I'm sure you'll be missed!!!

treeb0mbb
02-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Man I totally know what you mean the past couple of weeks this couple has been too much for me. Usually it's not that bad since I let it auto grind for my materials while I do other stuff but still playing 3 battles every day just to get the daily rewards is pretty bs I agree. I was thinking about maybe stop playing myself but I still have crappy troops and my goal is to beat Underworld Madness(currently working on it). Also I wanna get around 3k ironite to spend on some souls or the next event souls.

But anyway make sure to make a post or send us a message when you are going to be back I really appreacite all the guides and work you made!

P.S. I'll still keep your trooper as I can't seem to find any new troopers and you got a nice mummy eddie. Thanks for all the points also!

CanyptianFit
02-27-2017, 09:37 PM
You are "Legendary!"

Thanks for all you've done for the community.

Hope to see you back.

gmac
02-27-2017, 09:42 PM
You are "Legendary!"

Thanks for all you've done for the community.

Hope to see you back.

+1

I wish I could have you as my coach/advisor for PVP!!!

BillLion
02-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Enjoy your down time my blood brother!

zdm-1083
02-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Hmpff, that's big loss days?

I want to thank you for all guide and tips and all the very useful stuff you bring here!

Have a good retirement :]

\../

Tritium
02-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Aw, man, another great player bites the dust. You've been one of the most helpful contributors on the forum here with your countless guides. Thank you for all that you have done to help others on the forums here! I hope you enjoy the extra time you'll have. :)

iPoop
02-28-2017, 12:25 AM
Kardas, I'm sorry to hear this but understand. Hope you come back one day!

slauki
02-28-2017, 01:41 AM
have a good time kadras, i enjoyed every of your threads very much and i hope you will come back one day.

best wishes

Nicko
02-28-2017, 03:51 AM
Wow - that's a stunner. You've been one of my favorite members of this community.

Totally understand though - and will miss that annoying-as-fu(k Mummy of yours we now see so often in PvP

You were one of the few visionaries who knew he'd be great ;)

Best of luck!

IceManFerrar
02-28-2017, 04:01 AM
Best of luck, mate, you have been an awesome member of this forum community. Your tips and guides helped me tremendously...you are DA man and I am sure that you will be sorely missed!
Take care and best of luck with your studies!

Piece of Mind
02-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Enjoy your break! I'll continue giving your Mummy Eddie some exercise until you return.

powerslave74
02-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Kardas,

First of all, let me say that you will be sorely missed! Thank you for all of your guides, and the help that you have provided me and others. I hope you excel in your studies with all of the extra time you have now. Enjoy the extra time you have each day!

scott-5496
02-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Sorry to see you go Kardas - I much admired contributor on the Board and also in terms of the badges you have provided to many people. I will be sorry to see you go and hope to see you back in the future. Best of luck with the studies too.

blackbolt
02-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Good luck for all mate!

Demoonchild
02-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Thanks for all White Wizard!! I wish you great success! ;)

Hypnos
02-28-2017, 04:13 PM
Best of luck, Kardas. Thanks for your great contribution to this site and for being a great trooper!

Nine
02-28-2017, 06:08 PM
I wish you all the best!

I will miss your posts on the forums more than your Trooper Badges.

mjmxiii
02-28-2017, 08:41 PM
The community is losing one of its best and most dedicated contributors. Your desire to help people you know only by a screen name is admirable and inspiring. Here's hoping your hiatus is brief and that your future is bright and prosperous. Thanks for helping me (and everyone else) more than you may have ever realized.

Cheers and best regards!

Kardas
03-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Whoa, didn't expect all this. Thanks for the kind comments :)

MoonShadow
03-02-2017, 06:32 AM
Kardas, thanks for all your tips & guides you provided here and good luck with your studies. Hope that the break won't be too long, and that the game will improve in the means of time-consuming, so it won't be a burden to play with. As I will be taking a break, also, I think I'm gonna keep your champ for a while. Wish you all the best!