PDA

View Full Version : How to exploit PVP vol. II

slauki
03-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Hey folks,

just wanted to share my thoughts on this, since it's still possible to cheat at pvp, but it's much harder than before. Nontheless, it's possible, so people might exploit it one day.

All you need is a mediocre but active 2nd account to take advantage of the endless attack possibility. Some ironite is necessary too.
If both things are available you have to play PVP with the 2nd account till you meet the main account.

When this is done, we can attack our main account endlessly an loose every time. The main account will gain 12 points with every hold.

This is only possible for a period of 3 hours, because of the list refresh. After that our 2nd account will be so low in points that we won't find him again till he grinds his way up again. 4 more fights through revenges are possible but that's it. Nontheless this could be used for a quick saturday rush to grab the highest rewards.

If we have enough ironite we can refill and attack as often we can in 180 minutes, since the fights are extremly fast. 100 fights for 270 ironite should be easy possible in 3 hours. If we exploit this we could push the main account for 1200 points in that peroid. For the saturday this could be enough to climb into the division you like.

Conclusion: the endless attacks are still hurting the game and open the doors for creative cheaters.

Counter strategies:

1. Most obvious one: some kind of daily limitation on the attacks on one player could to prevent people from exploiting such leaks.
2. Some monitoring of certain patterns could prevent this too
3. if the lists would refresh every 30-60 minutes the cheater wouldn't have enough time to claim too many points
4. a certain limit of daily sow refills could solve the problem
5. EDIT: limit the possible attacks in the list to once or twice

Please note guys:

Since the last thread went a little out of control with accusations and offenses from certain members, i want to say it loud andclear:

I don't want to accuse anyone and i would also like to ask you not to do it. I honestly think all the top guys earned their rewards due to hard work and smart investments in sow refills, so for me there are no suspects here. My thinking behind revealing this is just to make the system more safe and the game more fair for everyone.

Curious about your thoughts :-)

CanyptianFit
03-01-2017, 02:22 AM
Thanks for highlighting.

Also why Nicko having many of us share our results helps to "authenticate" our places at least in the beginning to ensure we highlight those not abusing the system.

Silentknight
03-01-2017, 04:20 AM
Thanks for highlighting.

Also why Nicko having many of us share our results helps to "authenticate" our places at least in the beginning to ensure we highlight those not abusing the system.
LMAO!!!! I do that to Nicko & Sag enuf already, lose repeatedly! Seriously,I refresh my list every 1/2 hour anyways,only way to get top ranks players consistantly.

Kutte
03-01-2017, 09:47 AM

This alone would solve many problems. It would eliminate p2w completely and makes the whole PvP system fair. No more last minute rushes.
It makes no sense to lock out all players what simply can't play 2h before reset

Silentknight
03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
This alone would solve many problems. It would eliminate p2w completely and makes the whole PvP system fair. No more last minute rushes.
It makes no sense to lock out all players what simply can't play 2h before reset

'They' will not do this as that's where the $ comes from. Nor can u blame 'them' 4 it. Gotta make $.

scott-5496
03-01-2017, 04:57 PM
In the end they do need to make money from the 'free' game they gave us. No one needs to spend money if they do not want to I know but lots do because they love the game/are addicted/are competitive etc etc. I think it all plays OK and I get beat up now and again on attacks and my defence gets crumpled loads and that is how it should be. I am sure once they have crunched the numbers there will be tweaks but I don't think they can do a lot as the heads guys in NF etc have to make money for this to work for them as a company - I think some folk lose sight of this. Saying that I think the last minute rush on Saturday is a bit mad and could be greatly improved. Folks are right I am not sure I want to spend Saturday night between 10-12 bleeding my fingers trying to get into the top 25 - other do though and this is also fine.

One or two other games I play have daily challenges for example and they work well. Some of them also have you only competing against others in a similar time zone so that improves the 'fairness' of the daily battles you can do. It is a little annoying that you can be so high up the ladder before going to bed to then wake up having dropped hundreds of slots.....that I am sure can be fixed or improved a lot.

So far though it is a fun addition to the game. I thin though that others have said elsewhere we do need to get a faster way of doing troopers as that can take ages to do and really it can take hours of a day to do just all the tick box stuff that is needed to make sure you are doing all troopers, using SoW, SoT and trying to keep up with Arena. If I did not work from home I would be screwed!

Kutte
03-01-2017, 08:33 PM
'They' will not do this as that's where the $ comes from. Nor can u blame 'them' 4 it. Gotta make $.

hmm i could be wrong, but i don't think player would spend much money for a mechanic like it is now. Maybe the first weeks while it's new.
Money comes from the newest shinies and they will release tons of new toons.
When they release Wrath, the Beast or the chicks from the video, players will buy soul packs, LS packs and even skillshards to max them as fast as possible.
They will also release new Talismans with upgrade kits from the store.
Maybe even scam-uhm lockboxes with very rare eddies you'll only find in those things

but PvP won't make them rich ...

Silentknight
03-01-2017, 08:42 PM
hmm i could be wrong, but i don't think player would spend much money for a mechanic like it is now. Maybe the first weeks while it's new.
Money comes from the newest shinies and they will release tons of new toons.
When they release Wrath, the Beast or the chicks from the video, players will buy soul packs, LS packs and even skillshards to max them as fast as possible.
They will also release new Talismans with upgrade kits from the store.
Maybe even scam-uhm lockboxes with very rare eddies you'll only find in those things

but PvP won't make them rich ...
Just saying right now it's all they got

slauki
03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Just saying right now it's all they got

actually i'm happy if they make money, because this will keep the game roling. the crucial part is to find the best way to generate money, and i doubt that the overpriced stuff from the store is the best strategy, but only NF knows for sure.

But enough off topic :-):

Will edit another solution, because it would also be possoble to limit the attacks on the list to once or twice. Just like with the revenges if you win/loose you are done with the player.
This would it make more difficult to claim the extra 2 sow but this leak has to be plugged in some way.

Silentknight
03-01-2017, 10:53 PM
actually i'm happy if they make money, because this will keep the game roling. the crucial part is to find the best way to generate money, and i doubt that the overpriced stuff from the store is the best strategy, but only NF knows for sure.

But enough off topic :-):

Will edit another solution, because it would also be possoble to limit the attacks on the list to once or twice. Just like with the revenges if you win/loose you are done with the player.
This would it make more difficult to claim the extra 2 sow but this leak has to be plugged in some way.

Yep,as I said,attack limits. Eliminates the need for revenge limits. Keep up the good work!!!

satani
03-02-2017, 09:16 AM
well, in my family there are 5 accounts running. (3 by my dad and 2 by me, plus one lowlevel friend)
We see ourselfes in the rankings (sometimes our accounts rank directly next to each other), yet we don't attack ourself, as our level is in a span, where it seems useless to loose points. (we're jumping from top 2000 to 200 and back).
Sometimes, due to same level, we get our account proposed as enemy, but we don't attack.

Killhouse
05-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Hey folks,

just wanted to share my thoughts on this, since it's still possible to cheat at pvp, but it's much harder than before. Nontheless, it's possible, so people might exploit it one day.

All you need is a mediocre but active 2nd account to take advantage of the endless attack possibility. Some ironite is necessary too.
If both things are available you have to play PVP with the 2nd account till you meet the main account.

When this is done, we can attack our main account endlessly an loose every time. The main account will gain 12 points with every hold.

This is only possible for a period of 3 hours, because of the list refresh. After that our 2nd account will be so low in points that we won't find him again till he grinds his way up again. 4 more fights through revenges are possible but that's it. Nontheless this could be used for a quick saturday rush to grab the highest rewards.

If we have enough ironite we can refill and attack as often we can in 180 minutes, since the fights are extremly fast. 100 fights for 270 ironite should be easy possible in 3 hours. If we exploit this we could push the main account for 1200 points in that peroid. For the saturday this could be enough to climb into the division you like.

Conclusion: the endless attacks are still hurting the game and open the doors for creative cheaters.

Counter strategies:

1. Most obvious one: some kind of daily limitation on the attacks on one player could to prevent people from exploiting such leaks.
2. Some monitoring of certain patterns could prevent this too
3. if the lists would refresh every 30-60 minutes the cheater wouldn't have enough time to claim too many points
5. EDIT: limit the possible attacks in the list to once or twice

Please note guys:

Since the last thread went a little out of control with accusations and offenses from certain members, i want to say it loud andclear:

I don't want to accuse anyone and i would also like to ask you not to do it. I honestly think all the top guys earned their rewards due to hard work and smart investments in sow refills, so for me there are no suspects here. My thinking behind revealing this is just to make the system more safe and the game more fair for everyone.

Curious about your thoughts :-)

Seems relevant now.

slauki
05-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Seems relevant now.

really glad the guy proved this approach, so the devs have to react now...

Tritium
05-04-2017, 05:35 PM
really glad the guy proved this approach, so the devs have to react now...

I love how you saw this so long ago as well. Hell, the guy who did it may have very well gotten the idea from what you posted here lol. That's one way to make the devs address a huge issue.

clintilona
05-04-2017, 07:05 PM
I love how you saw this so long ago as well. Hell, the guy who did it may have very well gotten the idea from what you posted here lol. That's one way to make the devs address a huge issue.

Actually never saw this thread before, but that was some awesome foresight. Nice job!

This idea came to me out of the blue after downing a few while anooyingly playing a flawed PVP concept. Right place, right time for Abaddon.

Lulero
05-04-2017, 09:42 PM
I don't get it.

I mean, yeah there's a flaw and yeah someone abused that very flaw to get out of reach in the rankings.

But we aren't talking about a Saturday burst here, to get that many points from the mentioned method sounds absurd to me.

That kind of commitment is just amazing in its own way. Not in a good one obviously but ... Still ... Wow.