PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about balance

Kris-0707
03-01-2017, 02:25 PM
PVP is fun and enjoyable but very often is so frustrating and annoying. I think few changes should be done to balance it.

First thing is a crowd control. This is just insane to have all 4 toons stunned, frozen and taunted straight away. These abilities should to be applied to single target only (selected attacked enemy). Even skills “damage to all enemies” will stun, freeze or taunt just one enemy.

Beginning of the battle – this is just very badly designed. On the first round player and the opponent (AI) should to be able to use only 1 toon, just to prepare to battle. On second round, we could use 2 and from third round we could use all.

We can go even further. At the moment is so boring to fight 10 or even more games in a row with bloody mummies and SSD’s. Some characters should be locked. Not to worry, we could use any toon from our list but once we picked up Sentinel (green) we wouldn’t be able to pick up another Sentinel, we could use only warrior, magus, gunner or assassin. OK, so we took magus and then all magus characters are locked as well, so we can use only warrior, gunner or assassin etc. Basically we couldn’t have more than 1 character from the same class in our team. That would open the door to more builds and would make the game more fun, every battle would be different.

What you guys think about it?

surfingwithdje
03-05-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm ok with your general observation... nothing is more boring than always fight the same teams with mummy/SSD.
The problem is that after nerfing stun and freeze, taunt is the main solution to avoid the player to control his team.
Like you i think that stun/freeze/taunt should work only against the targeting ennemy (and have the same chance to work from single hitters and from AOE toons).
It's the only way to see less mummy/SSD teams.
Same thing for the stun, the corrupt general is very boring, i totally avoid the teams with mummy/SSD/CG... i want to play my characters, not see them autoplay or wait and see witch one i can control.
Instead of nerfing his damages they should have nerf his stun rates!

Not with the same opinion to avoid certain characters combos, they are the unique solution to face up to strong teams (with prisoner for example when you havn't this rare and powerful character in your team)!

MrFreeze
03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
In my opinion, all this balancing is pointless. Even if you have your pvp dream team your still gonna have to spend a lot of ironite to get to the top. The skill shard is the only thing worth it. After avoiding the game for a bit, I decided to see how pvp was now compared to the beta. I played casually in the mornings and evenings for about 3 days before getting bored with it. So much time has to be put into this game to get crappy rewards, it's not worth it. Rare souls used to drop all over the place. We used to get a lot more of everything from regular map levels. Months of upgrading characters only to have them nerfed. They've slowly taken all the fun away over the past 4-5 month. Sorry to jump in hear sounding so negative. so many people have tried to help steer the devs away from these bad ideas. Most of those people left a long time ago. ive kept up with the forums because I'm hoping one day the devs might actually get it and make the game fun again. There's no need to be so stingy with the rewards. If they think that will generate revenue, then they take us for a bunch of idiots. That's all, I'll go back to lurking in the shadows now.

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 02:48 PM
No one remember the update where it actually happened that to effect tallismans?
Ppl where tearing their shirts off that dev screwed the game & made the Prisoner even more powerful... Half PvP players stopped playing in a wait of an update & PvE became a steep hill to every non endgame players..
Patience, shards don't come by easly & trying out new things is most of the time a matter of building toons first then test...
Those teams will gradually wear off as players figure them out, DM & AoF can bail you out easily, calling out for nerf is asking for trouble as with any nerf..
Point system & Sacrifice are by far a greater priority to me..

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 02:49 PM
PVP is fun and enjoyable but very often is so frustrating and annoying. I think few changes should be done to balance it.

First thing is a crowd control. This is just insane to have all 4 toons stunned, frozen and taunted straight away. These abilities should to be applied to single target only (selected attacked enemy). Even skills “damage to all enemies” will stun, freeze or taunt just one enemy.

Beginning of the battle – this is just very badly designed. On the first round player and the opponent (AI) should to be able to use only 1 toon, just to prepare to battle. On second round, we could use 2 and from third round we could use all.

We can go even further. At the moment is so boring to fight 10 or even more games in a row with bloody mummies and SSD’s. Some characters should be locked. Not to worry, we could use any toon from our list but once we picked up Sentinel (green) we wouldn’t be able to pick up another Sentinel, we could use only warrior, magus, gunner or assassin. OK, so we took magus and then all magus characters are locked as well, so we can use only warrior, gunner or assassin etc. Basically we couldn’t have more than 1 character from the same class in our team. That would open the door to more builds and would make the game more fun, every battle would be different.

What you guys think about it?

Like the turn based idea,not sure about classes tho. Would limit some average teams. Even I would have trouble with that. Warrior Troll is my best Warrior & I don't like him, probably cuz I have a Prisoner. Assassin...well I had nothing til yesterday. Got a Pyro Soldier last night,woo-hoo,1st new toon in months!
But!!! All this was suggested in beta & apu fell on deaf ears!

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 02:54 PM
No one remember the update where it actually happened that to effect tallismans?
Ppl where tearing their shirts off that dev screwed the game & made the Prisoner even more powerful... Half PvP players stopped playing in a wait of an update & PvE became a steep hill to every non endgame players..
Patience, shards don't come by easly & trying out new things is most of the time a matter of building toons first then test...
Those teams will gradually wear off as players figure them out, DM & AoF can bail you out easily, calling out for nerf is asking for trouble as with any nerf..
Point system & Sacrifice are by far a greater priority to me..

Need to have those toons 1st. But people are definitely figuring out how to beat The Prisoner.