PDA

View Full Version : Fix the damn broken talismans once and for all

Frost
03-02-2017, 12:27 AM
Some talismans are still procing multiple tyimes with multiple hits

caretakerii for example is using 3 assassin golden son all with void talismans and it's procing 100% time, removing everything and reflecting ridiculous amount of damage.

Thieve is also procing every hit.

C'mon guys it's about time that was fixed. You can't fix for freeze and don't fix for void... What kind of code you guys write?!?!?

Rant: Can't keep all in caps

MoonShadow
03-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Unfortunatelly, as much as I like those void shields, I'm afraid that they're way too powerful. And I don't know how, but the defensive A.I. is damn good in processing the perfect hits required.... almost all of the time and even without a 'perfect hit granted' toon around.

Caretaker
03-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Some talismans are still procing multiple times with multiple hits

caretakerii for example is using 3 assassin golden son all with void talismans and it's procing 100% time, removing everything and reflecting ridiculous amount of damage.

Thieve is also procing every hit.

C'mon guys it's about time that was fixed. You can't fix for freeze and don't fix for void... What kind of code you guys write?!?!?

Rant: Can't keep all in caps

Yup. And I like the way they proc. Is it a bug? Probably. Don't know. I had a feeling they've rushed out arena in three days to cover for those bugs some of which remaind. I don't care anymore about bugfixes. Speaking of bugs, I'm quite confident that tauntfest is a bug in a way that chances to proc taunt are added up for it is in vast manner all creatures taunted, as reported by so manny people (20 of us spamming here). Neither mummy or ssd have that much succes taunting alone.

The other idea behind 3 ass gs is I hold with entire team at hp 1 as they could cast endure every turn.

Thinking of endure, facing aof and permadeath, it's coding seems to be 'revive' with hp 1 and without reviveing animation. Which totally kills the description keyword 'prevent'

Unfortunatelly, as much as I like those void shields, I'm afraid that they're way too powerful. And I don't know how, but the defensive A.I. is damn good in processing the perfect hits required.... almost all of the time and even without a 'perfect hit granted' toon around.

As it should.
I wish the AI hits perfectly even more often :)

Caretaker
03-02-2017, 11:52 AM
And as I just pulled the blue bat out of magus soul, you won't be seeing those three for long now. I'm not as happy as if prisoner would drop on me for bat is not such a game changer with all of them out there, but I can't say anymore that I don't own pris/siege/gens/troll. I own siege.

blade685
03-02-2017, 01:22 PM
dev will not respond....they are useless

Caretaker
03-02-2017, 01:32 PM
They are working.

No to quote again, on voids, that said (see how I've used it without real meaning :cool:), perhaps they do proc more than advertised intentionaly, because of 'pressure set' in store.

zdm-1083
03-02-2017, 01:34 PM
I like caretakerii's team :p
And BTW, I did not see void shield popping every it.

I was a bit afraid a first but I don't think it is that hard to handle with a blue bat (AoP) and hard stunner :P

Please don't use this AoP you just get, this is a too great toon ;)

Nine
03-02-2017, 01:35 PM
If you have only one set of Void Shield on one character the chances that it procs when landing a perfect hit on four enemies is about 91%. Nothing bugged there if somedody uses multiple sets on mutliple characters. Since they can be countered in numerous ways, including simply using true damage, I'd say we have worse problems now.

Are Void Shields strong? Hell yes, but that's more due to a very limited range of characters having damage preventing buffs for the whole group - which are extremely valuable. If you don't have a troll there's basically only the Blue Allied Soldier and maybe a Sentinel Golden Son.

I'd argue in the opposite direction and say they should introduce more shields via Talismans (or just bring old ones back, no idea how powerful they are).

Nicko
03-02-2017, 01:43 PM
dev will not respond....they are useless

I think Frost brings up a good point - those Void shields are yet another restriction of roster. Mummy Eddie is the only useful Eddie on defense, and now only True Damage characters are assured the ability to actually get a non-suicidal hit in. Frustrating that the useful toon selection is getting so narrow.

The developers generally respond in the update thread. May want to post there - Sparton did say they're working pretty hard to get Sacrifice ready, so sometimes takes a fewdays. And this was posted just a half-day ago

But I've noted a fascinating trend. If you're polite they often respond...if you rant and rave they don't...

Hmmm...

But even if they WERE useless - that's not so bad!

Caretaker
03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I'd agree that pvp chars are quite limited on true dmg hitters because of voids. Shame true dmg Eds are that rare. But you have to love them for what they do.
And they provide a good defense against siege/pris+CG that is a mighty stunner and hus weakness being magic dmg.

@zdm - yup, easy to bash, but someone allways makes a wrong choice of toons when attacking. I forgot to ask, frost, did you win?

Frost
03-02-2017, 05:02 PM
I'd agree that pvp chars are quite limited on true dmg hitters because of voids. Shame true dmg Eds are that rare. But you have to love them for what they do.
And they provide a good defense against siege/pris+CG that is a mighty stunner and hus weakness being magic dmg.

@zdm - yup, easy to bash, but someone allways makes a wrong choice of toons when attacking. I forgot to ask, frost, did you win?

And ran outta SoW. That was a very different and tricky defense, first I thought "Ok, Troll and Gunner Rescuer and HH will do", just to have my team destroyed because only Troll had true damage... Didn't expect void defense, I was expecting a heavy freeze/stun/blind defense. Second time I had Troll, AoS, my own AGS and Mummy, but went second and AoS and AGS were dead after your turn...

GG for me.

The rooster is getting narrower and narrower... I feel like outta 125 toons only 6 are really usefull in PvP. Sad, sad panda.

Nicko
03-02-2017, 05:24 PM
"The roster is getting narrower and narrower... I feel like outta 125 toons only 6 are really usefull in PvP. Sad, sad panda."

Read your tag line. With Mummy the only useful Eddie and all the Void Shields popping up , you're not far off on this. I use more than six - but not many. Agree it's frustrating

Tritium
03-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Make Sandworms Great Again!

Sag7272
03-02-2017, 08:47 PM
"The roster is getting narrower and narrower... I feel like outta 125 toons only 6 are really usefull in PvP. Sad, sad panda."

Read your tag line. With Mummy the only useful Eddie and all the Void Shields popping up , you're not far off on this. I use more than six - but not many. Agree it's frustrating

Those go together, if no one use new strategy... No new toons are needed to counter...
Maybe another shield against only true damage in a gunner set or something like that would balance it's power... That would open up things a bit without sacrificing defense side, give it another effect like removing negative effects from self team upon attack or something don't know...

Thoses are used by many in a strategic way on attack too, it may end up empowering many defenses to tame it too much..
Ending up doing opposite effect like the AoP/AoS need ended up making Prisoner even more powerful..

Frost
03-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Make Sandworms Great Again!

Sentinel Sandworm new skill: heal and cleanse all party. AoE true damage.

Caretaker
03-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Those go together, if no one use new strategy... No new toons are needed to counter...
Maybe another shield against only true damage in a gunner set or something like that would balance it's power... That would open up things a bit without sacrificing defense side, give it another effect like removing negative effects from self team upon attack or something don't know...

Thoses are used by many in a strategic way on attack too, it may end up empowering many defenses to tame it too much..
Ending up doing opposite effect like the AoP/AoS need ended up making Prisoner even more powerful..

That said (see how I've used it again), add to the prisoner extended line that goes - transfers negative and remove benefitial effects on target :o

I like the idea of 'immunity talisman' green, grants immunity to all on perfects (like the voids) to counter taunts, and all the other useless buggers

Well, we know they exist, true def shields on Horus. Who would be a nice playable creature.

slauki
03-03-2017, 11:06 AM
I like the idea of 'immunity talisman' green, grants immunity to all on perfects (like the voids) to counter taunts,

if it relys on chances again it would be useless, because there would still be nothing to counter prisoner or siege when going second.
i would suggest something like : "gives the holder immunity for 2 turns, which cannot be reduced/removed" in green for two slots.

and yeah siege is really nice against the void shields... oh wait only if the opponent has this strange toon, which can remove your siege, you are still in damn big trouble ;)

Tritium
03-05-2017, 03:51 AM
Well, I just had the worst luck ever. Went against a team with a sentinel ABB equipped with freeze talis and the little bugger managed to freeze 3/4 of my toons right from the get-go (I went 2nd). The little twerp managed to do the same exact thing AGAIN on his second turn. My only toon who escaped getting frozen was vanished. What.The.Hell. The odds of that happening twice in a row are so damn low that I feel slightly inclined to buy a lottery ticket now. :p

surfingwithdje
03-05-2017, 10:32 AM
And as I just pulled the blue bat out of magus soul, you won't be seeing those three for long now. I'm not as happy as if prisoner would drop on me for bat is not such a game changer with all of them out there, but I can't say anymore that I don't own pris/siege/gens/troll. I own siege.
Hi! I fighted against your team 3-4 times in the arena! I like it because there are good ideas to present an atypical but serious defense team! Very fun to play against it (change from 90% mummy/SSD teams)
Your taunt/endure/void strategy is very efficient !