PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Week 3 of PvP is a rap. I didn't see how it finished, but know Jofer16 was again #1, Sag #2, and a tight race for #3 with ShaoLinLondo, FallenAngel, and GMAC. Congrats to the winners!

Edit: ShaolinLondo took #3

I kicked back at the beginning of the week. Started picking it up mid week. Fought much harder yesterday.

Results?

I attacked others 33% less, and received 20% less attacks in return.

Hot topics of discussion (in addition to the perpetual Prisoner debate ) continue to be # of attacks/matching - and now character limitations/Talisman triggering again. Should other Eddies or characters be beefed up so they can compete in PvP? Or should taunting be nerfed? Or leave it alone?

I will repeat my opinion that these revenge limits stink without an attack limit. The matching system is goofy, so becoming a sitting duck only makes one feel helpless. Can't have one without the other.

So Statistics

I have a Prisoner

Attack Wins: 97% (402/416) - I attacked 614 the previous week.

Defense Wins: 32% (109/346) - I was attacked 431 the previous week.

Nicko
03-05-2017, 02:48 PM
ShaolinLondo sent me his stats.

He has no Prisoner.

Attack Wins: 94% (676/716)

Defense Wins: 19% (71/374)

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Congrats to everyone out there..
Beginning to wonder what trigger the attack #
Is it position? Sure being in a race false the debate a bit... Being on top too as you worth more points, personally attacked Nicko less this week, for 12pts there was better deals out there.. Is it the "Frightening" factor of some Prisoners teams, so many factors, hard to say, definitive answers is hard to pinpoint...

All in all..
#2 With Prisoner
ATT-98% (516/525)
DEF-31% (104/336)

Lost only 3 or 4 times to tauntfests kind of teams with no button touch for the most part, boring to see em as much but nothing OP it's a strategy like another & there are many possible workarounds, most lost where to "Odd" teams with uncommon & creative builds that I stumbled upon by surprise, good job guys, here's where the future of PvP is to me..
I'll be probably play & thinkers a bit on defense styles & strategy, that's where the fun & answers to many of grief about PvP lay... Let's have fun, I'll let someone else take down Jofer for now, have a nice week!

Aristo4
03-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Same old same old to observe and report.
Give me too only 150 attacks on my defence and I'm willing to buy 4k ironites monthly too to compete...loosing money, devs.

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 03:25 PM
...And I'm willing to buy 4k ironites monthly too to compete...loosing money, devs.
Don't know for others but personally never bought anything in game since ever, not even Google rewards..

Aristo4
03-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Don't know for others but personally never bought anything in game since ever, not even Google rewards..

I bought ironite for 5 euro once on new years eve, otherwise nothing. I mean I got 200 ironite right now.....why should I bother (buy ironite) and get attacked 400 times while others get attacked 100 times and cruise without problems? Also you might have not bought any, but 800 attacks to be done someone needs a ton of ironite.....if they were stored ok, if not you gotta $$.

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Let's have fun, I'll let someone else take down Jofer for now, have a nice week!

My $ on Gmac. If he wants to play all week. I mean wtf was that yesterday??? 2000+ points,impressive!!!

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 03:48 PM
I bought ironite for 5 euro once on new years eve, otherwise nothing. I mean I got 200 ironite right now.....why should I bother (buy ironite) and get attacked 400 times while others get attacked 100 times and cruise without problems? Also you might have not bought any, but 800 attacks to be done someone needs a ton of ironite.....if they were stored ok, if not you gotta $$.
Obviously lol.. like skillshards, if one bought every G/A soul instead of those he would need money to compete too..

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
My $ on Gmac. If he wants to play all week. I mean wtf was that yesterday??? 2000+ points,impressive!!!
That guy is a killing machine, his victory streaks are unbelievable I can tell you, look at his rooster, I mean.. it's one of the best strategist out there!

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Nicko has my stats,only gave him them in case he's doing something on his own. Don't c the point in posting em?
All I know is I spent a lot less ironite for same reward,as predicted. Will be wasting more SoW today...it's called life! Got a date with my baby,nieces 1 year old Rotti/Sheppard cross. Yeah,scary combo,but she's friendly & a suck. Very protective tho,more so of me than even her owners.
ENJOY THE DAY!!!

RCarter
03-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Didn't attack a whole lot this past week. I did take a swing at every high ranked player that came up in either list, and nailed all ya'll at least once...

Attack 98% 89/91
Defense 36% 136/374

With a Prisoner.

Attacking 91 times, and getting 374 in return still seems off. I suppose the DM in my defense line-up makes it seem softer than other Prisoner defenses, but comparing hold rates makes me think its still a solid choice.

Nicko
03-05-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm copying Kris' week 3 stats over from the PvP Week 2 thread because they're extremely relevant. They once again illustrate the broken system.

Attack Wins: 86% (441/515)

Defense Wins: 11% (14/133)

First of all kudos to Kris for placing top 10 - and without a Mummy. He had a Viking - my favorite Eddie for attacking - so it was fun to face him in the arena.

But I also have to add if he would have had the 300-400+ attacks on him that many of us see he would have been far, far out of top 10 with an 11% Defense percentage. In fact he may not have placed even with a typical 20% had there been 350 attacks on him.

Simply put - the broken system allowed him to place where others who played more and better statistics likely could not. And while he had a Prisoner, I can't imagine people avoid Viking more than Mummy. He's much easier to beat.

Nicko
03-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Attacking 91 times, and getting 374 in return still seems off.

I agree completely

compurocker
03-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Here's my week 3 stats (with Prisoner)

This week I basically only did the three matches a day for the rewards, then I played much of the day on Saturday. Here's what my stats looked like starting around 9a CST on Saturday.

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Another huge problem was constantly going 2nd 80+% (not even exaggerating at all...and to make this 50/50 coinflip garbage even more ridiculous is the fact that I go 1st 100% of the time versus Silentknight but only him... probably 12-15 attacks through the week

Explains alot! Nice 2 know,guess I don't have to adjust defence too much. Coin flip isn't necessarily 50/50. It's RNG so.... Actually had 1 good day last week 20/24 going 1st,but the rest of week the usual 30/70 or worse. 1 good day in 8 weeks!!!

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 05:15 PM
I came up with a good strategy for taking down the prisoners (except for Sag, that is Stun or be stunned to death...I have a chance if I go first and do everything perfect... If he goes first, I just grab a shot of Jagermeister and move on when it is over)
Loll funny, you'll be happy to know I've finally got rid of that defense & been trying something else for now...

The Educated fool
03-05-2017, 05:18 PM
As much as I continue to not see the point of posting these stats, nevertheless, for you, good Nicko, here they are:

*raises hand in confession* I am EducatedFool, and I have a Prisoner. :cool:

Attack Wins: 95% (296/313)
Defense Wins: 30% (100/331)

Chaosego888
03-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Loll funny, you'll be happy to know I've finally got rid of that defense & been trying something else for now...I like the challenge. That's the only reason I sacrificed my win streak to revenge you... I made sure you wasn't close to Jofer first

Chaosego888
03-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Explains alot! Nice 2 know,guess I don't have to adjust defence too much. Coin flip isn't necessarily 50/50. It's RNG so.... Actually had 1 good day last week 20/24 going 1st,but the rest of week the usual 30/70 or worse. 1 good day in 8 weeks!!!
I shouldn't have posted that. Now I will go 2nd against you from now on and that Corrupt General will stun me 100% of the time

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I shouldn't have posted that. Now I will go 2nd against you from now on and that Corrupt General will stun me 100% of the time

LMAO, I posted that SSD gives me trouble & look what happened!
Troopers are done,yw & thx! I'm outta here
Have fun!!!

Nicko
03-05-2017, 05:30 PM
As much as I continue to not see the point of posting these stats, nevertheless, for you, good Nicko, here they are:

*raises hand in confession* I am EducatedFool, and I have a Prisoner. :cool:

Attack Wins: 95% (296/313)
Defense Wins: 30% (100/331)

Well then this thread should REALLY tickle your fancy, TEF! Educated (statistics) Fool (no point). ;)

I think as much as anything it's a place for people to gather and share their PvP thoughts after an often-intense Saturday. The Prisoner debate kind of started it, and it does look like Prisoner teams - as a rule and with some definite exceptions - fare better on defense.

But I know personally, number of attacks has taken front and center stage.

Thanks for posting!

Chaosego888
03-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Is there a way to recover a post? I think I accidentally deleted it trying to edit

The Educated fool
03-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Well then this thread should REALLY tickle your fancy, TEF! Educated (statistics) Fool (no point). ;)

I think as much as anything it's a place for people to gather and share their PvP thoughts after an often-intense Saturday. The Prisoner debate kind of started it, and it does look like Prisoner teams - as a rule and with some definite exceptions - fare better on defense.

But I know personally, number of attacks has taken front and center stage.

Thanks for posting!

To play the fool is itself the point, good sir! :D All of my education has led me to this fact.

And no problemo, amigo. :cool:

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Got a buddy @ work. Crappy team,only 5* is Viking (jealous) & he says he never gets attacked. Which is very strange considering he's such an easy target. He came in Thursday,all smiles,'I got attacked'. Couldn't revenge tho as he would have got his ass kicked! Only plays the mandatory 3/day. Dunno....take from it what u will
Cya

gmac
03-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Gmac (No Prisoner)

Attack Wins 95% 417/439
Defense Wins 25% 95/373

Ironite
Started at 1630 and finished 1635, so I guess that 400 attacks area is about the threshold on using only Ironite earned during the week to play in arena.

Win Streak
I had a ridiculous 122 win streak yesterday morning, and a 70+ on afternoon. No refresh, Nicko can tell I attacked him A LOT, for some reason he is always on my list. Last week I had an 84 win streak as well.
Starting not so high on the rankings probably helps and I noticed yesterday when I crossed the 3300 mark Sag and Jofer started appearing in my list. Then latter in the day I lost more battles, I was probably tired too, but I felt I was getting a harder list.

Jofer, no1 and pay to win
Thanks SilentKnight, Sag and ChaoseGo for the compliments and incentives. Iīll try again, but right now no Prisoner hurts my defense and no HH or Art dog hurts my offense, corrupt droid would help too. Souls have been a total waste last 4 weeks. I hope sacrifice comes soon. I also like Slauki think itīs too much pay to win. I wish results at the Arena was determined by hard work + strategy + some good mechanics (play fast, perfect hit), and not all that + spending more Ironite you can earn during the week.

Cheers
Gmac

gmac
03-05-2017, 06:16 PM
How on earth did I manage to do that? Canīt believe this myself.

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I like the challenge. That's the only reason I sacrificed my win streak to revenge you... I made sure you wasn't close to Jofer first
Tanks I'll take the compliment :)
As for Jofer... Said what I had to say about it in the "Jofer's" post loll

My hommages my friend, can't manage to do that myself :)

Tritium
03-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Here are my week 3 stats. No Prisoner!

Got attacked pretty often this time around and was making no progress throughout the week because of it (my defense lacks necessary skill shards). However, when I went on my attack run on Saturday, I found myself having a very decent win-rate against Prisoner teams. I even have a chance going 2nd provided things don't get completely out of hand with the stuns and taunts. My anti-Prisoner team is pretty weird, but it gets the job done. Once I max out the skill shards on it or get a Prisoner of my own, I'll be having a lot more fun with PVP. My defense even managed to hold against a few Prisoner teams (one of which being Sag iirc!), which almost blew my mind. Essentially, if I go first against a Prisoner team, then the gimp isn't quite as threatening to me ─ even if he has his favorite ugly red tank friend with him.

Yesterday, after the reset, I even managed to beat Nicko when I was able to go first. ;)

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 07:19 PM
My defense even managed to hold against a few Prisoner teams (one of which being Sag iirc!)

It happens every now & then, according to this week's stats... You are in select company :)

Caretaker
03-05-2017, 07:29 PM
No prisoner, own siege on blue bat since the middle of the week.

My last week started funny. After sufferd cca 430 attacks last week was a bust, went out on saturday and haven't been attacked much on monday and tuesday. 3 ags had a 40% hold rate.

So on tuesday I thought to capitalize on that and gave it some juice. Actually I wanted to match no of attacks with no of being attacked. It was fine, woke up on wednesday just behind 25. Juiced some more up to 2500 pts and 11th, just to wake up 350pts below and 'my natural' rate of being attacked.
Ufcorse, at higher divisions with exp players those ags had probably 5% hold, in total it went down to 20%. Somewhere arround here siege came in, and I can say that without creatures backing up that passive it's not much. I call myself a noob with a siege.

Friday my friend graduated, I haven't been playing more then troopers and I woke up on saturday 1pm GMT with no points so to say, arround 1700. So I gave it a push, but I'm not that fast as some guys here. Missed top 50 by few fights probably watching that boxing match. And I can say I haven't been attacked alot. People below top 100 weren't here to revenge so I feel I sufferd less attacks on that run then while sleeping.

After refresh I've done 3 fights for daily and went to bed. It' 1AM here when it resets. Blue bat is still on defense and I seem to be back on plenty of lists. Not counting revengers from last night, few more attacks came in during the day of not playing at all...

Here it is, just moments ago:

CanyptianFit
03-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Used same strategy as Nicko. Um, lost unbelievably the first couple of days, played very little until Wednesday and picked up gradually each day.

Didnt play as much this week than last week and very happy with 16th considering.

No prisoner.
100 less attacks than prior week, 80 less defensive attacks.

Like gmac, getting top 25 is possible without spending on ironite.

Going to replicate the strategy again this week, as I don't have time to consistently battle throughout the week. Don't have the time, but don't mind the rewards.

congrats gmac on the win streak!

And like others have mentioned, sure feels like I went second 80% of the time.

R1ck
03-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Spent 90 ironites yesterday just to get 2100 points and the achievement of one shard. Anyways got 140 ironites and 3 rare souls, so worth to spent them. I only did it because had some free time.
Opened some souls, nothing new this week, 2 blue, 2 red, 2 green and 7 rare souls. Only dupes and my 2nd SSD. How would be a defense with 2 SSD.
Last week I was attacked 73 times less, I don't have a prisoner.

Chaosego888
03-05-2017, 08:53 PM
As of Thursday at end of work week, no Sands of War refills since reset at 1900 points, mostly revenges

1935 points
Rank 120
ATK 91% 128/140
DEF 21% 50/235
2986 Ironite

End of week stats

Rank 10
ATK 87% 458/527
DEF 21% 71/345
2156 Ironite

Once I got in to top 10 I could not progress after my Win streak ended due to not having the stat bonuses since I need these to take down the Prisoners. My Anti Prisoner team sucks really bad against the Void talisman nightmare that exploded this week. Just like Caretaker, Siege is not doing anything for me either. I tried experimenting with some different characters this week that just got me killed more. I woke up Saturday in 10th and defended the same position all day. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. I wouldn't have had to waste as much ironite but I had to refresh several times at the end of the day to salvage a top 10. As for people having a low number of attacks, I never once saw Kris, ShaolinLondo, FallenAngel or Go80sMetal in my list the entire day.

Chaosego888
03-05-2017, 09:00 PM

2585That is awesome! I made it in the 40's last week, this week was completely different. You have a really reliable strategy, I have to come up with something better...

ShadowedLies
03-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Attack 126/174 (72%)
Defense 10/44 (23%)

Rabk 498 with 1835 VP.

No troll, cg, ags, ssd, mummy, or prisoner so I assume i just dont show up on peoples list?

Also only use natural occuring SoW as i ssve up ironite for rare soul packs like an idiot.

ShadowedLies
03-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Also on a different note anyone else running into a problem where skills like reflect/void shield are expiring the moment your turn ends even tho you just used them? BAS reflect skill says it last 2 turns but continously only lasts during my turn when its cast and then expires once my turn is over rendering it useless to use. And i've check to make sure its not just toons with siege i'm unaware of.

Silentknight
03-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Also on a different note anyone else running into a problem where skills like reflect/void shield are expiring the moment your turn ends even tho you just used them? BAS reflect skill says it last 2 turns but continously only lasts during my turn when its cast and then expires once my turn is over rendering it useless to use. And i've check to make sure its not just toons with siege i'm unaware of.

If opponent has void shield there's a chance for it to remove beneficial effects. Not sure why but I had Carriage Riders ghost removed at end of own turn. Shouldn't work like that but...

ShadowedLies
03-05-2017, 09:49 PM
If opponent has void shield there's a chance for it to remove beneficial effects. Not sure why but I had Carriage Riders ghost removed at end of own turn. Shouldn't work like that but...

Hadn't noticed opponents having void shield up but I will pay closer attention to that. Thanks Silent!

Tritium
03-05-2017, 10:16 PM
One has to play strategically when those pesky void shields are up. On my usual anti-Prisoner team, the only non-true damage toon I use is Mummy, so I'll attack first with him and lose my buffs, but then regain them after I've used my other true-damage toons. Just to be sure, if you have your own void shield proccing toon, it's best to attack with him last so your shields are guaranteed to stay up for the enemy's turn.

Sag7272
03-05-2017, 10:25 PM
One has to play strategically when those pesky void shields are up. On my usual anti-Prisoner team, the only non-true damage toon I use is Mummy, so I'll attack first with him and lose my buffs, but then regain them after I've used my other true-damage toons. Just to be sure, if you have your own void shield proccing toon, it's best to attack with him last so your shields are guaranteed to stay up for the enemy's turn.
There's a past skill that just cast immunity for free, mummyfy or something.. It prevents it from happening if you are willing to skip attack altogether..

slauki
03-05-2017, 10:31 PM
same shit different week. won't go into discussions about anything atm, since every discussion every argument is damn old.

one curious fact:
only 78 people managed to get more than 2100 points and claim the rewards. interesting that 250 people can claim the
Warlord III rank. and nothing will get easier next week, so we are at some point and we will stay there, if nothing changes...

my stats (no prisoner):

Tritium
03-06-2017, 01:23 AM
same shit different week. won't go into discussions about anything atm, since every discussion every argument is damn old.

one curious fact:
only 78 people managed to get more than 2100 points and claim the rewards. interesting that 250 people can claim the
Warlord III rank. and nothing will get easier next week, so we are at some point and we will stay there, if nothing changes...

I noticed this as well. I believe that the current VP requirements for those ranks may be way too high. 78 out of 250 total? That's a LOT of missed rewards for players who deserve it. Hopefully the devs have enough stats by now to start making some welcome changes to PVP.

Askora
03-06-2017, 02:46 AM
I'll throw my stats in here. Can see that it's really just a toss up. Sorry about your luck slauki.

I was Rank 94 last week. 2044 points. Attack Wins was 69%(106/154), Defense Wins 5% (2/43). No prisoner, no troll, no SSD. I still am either not showing up on anyone's list, or only showing up on people with way more points who don't want to take the chance.

I have to start checking my offense, as I've rushed in to many times with my dummy team.

As to the void shield. I've had a problem when I use it, of it sometimes failing to do anything. It shows the shield, but no reflected damage, no apparent reduction in damage. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the prisoner should be able to hit me if I'm invisible. I've had that happen a couple of times, the rest of the team misses but he still hits. Skill, or bug?

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 03:17 AM
I'll throw my stats in here. Can see that it's really just a toss up. Sorry about your luck slauki.

I was Rank 94 last week. 2044 points. Attack Wins was 69%(106/154), Defense Wins 5% (2/43). No prisoner, no troll, no SSD. I still am either not showing up on anyone's list, or only showing up on people with way more points who don't want to take the chance.

I have to start checking my offense, as I've rushed in to many times with my dummy team.

As to the void shield. I've had a problem when I use it, of it sometimes failing to do anything. It shows the shield, but no reflected damage, no apparent reduction in damage. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the prisoner should be able to hit me if I'm invisible. I've had that happen a couple of times, the rest of the team misses but he still hits. Skill, or bug?

Hey Askora,believe true damage penetrates all shields,could be wrong tho. Also I don't usually attack invisible toons with my Prisoner but if I get the chance I'll try it! Bug for sure though if that's the case. Couple times a week I've attacked with different toons & there has been no damage,no sound effect & no toon movement. There's still a lot of bugs to iron out.

Askora
03-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Not just true damage characters that avoid the shield. Maybe it quits working if one with true damage hits first. Think that'd be another bug. I haven't paid enough attention, but I do know that it wasn't teams comprised of only true damage.

I'd say if you got the prisoner it's definitely worth trying. Although, I don't think I can even select an opponent to attack if they're invisible.

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Not just true damage characters that avoid the shield. Maybe it quits working if one with true damage hits first. Think that'd be another bug. I haven't paid enough attention, but I do know that it wasn't teams comprised of only true damage.

I'd say if you got the prisoner it's definitely worth trying. Although, I don't think I can even select an opponent to attack if they're invisible.

Also there's piercing & penetrating talismans. Not sure exactly what all they do cuz u can't trust description. I.E. void shield doesn't tell u it has a chance to remove beneficial effects until u actually view the description in battle.

Tritium
03-06-2017, 03:52 AM
I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the prisoner should be able to hit me if I'm invisible. I've had that happen a couple of times, the rest of the team misses but he still hits. Skill, or bug?

I've noticed that the Prisoner's "transfer negative effects" skill still works on vanished toons. He won't be able to directly damage a vanished toon, but he will be able to transfer status effects like blind, def down, burns, etc. This is definitely a bug as vanished toons should be both invincible and immune to status effects. I'm not sure if the devs are aware of this one, but hopefully they are reading these threads to see it.

Askora
03-06-2017, 03:53 AM
I use the piercing talisman on my maxed RTTH, but only in campaign as he just can't take the damage in pvp without cutting his attack way down. It doesn't work against shields in campaign. When it activates, it's impressive to watch him dish out 5 or 6 hits of 14,000+ when he gets on a roll. If I could figure out a way to keep him standing, I'd love to try him in pvp. But, my experience is that it doesn't negate the shield, it just negates the DEF stat.

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 04:06 AM
I use the piercing talisman on my maxed RTTH, but only in campaign as he just can't take the damage in pvp without cutting his attack way down. It doesn't work against shields in campaign. When it activates, it's impressive to watch him dish out 5 or 6 hits of 14,000+ when he gets on a roll. If I could figure out a way to keep him standing, I'd love to try him in pvp. But, my experience is that it doesn't negate the shield, it just negates the DEF stat.

I usually like to figure stuff out on my own but I'm sure if u ask,when it's busier,or search there's probably a post that has all talisman descriptions,if u feel so inclined.
Have had my Prisoner taunted by an SSD that was invisible & it did nothing. That's not to say it doesn't happen occasionally tho

Askora
03-06-2017, 04:55 AM
I read through the guides while making my character builder spreadsheet. Obviously spending way too much time on this game.

I haven't had an invisible taunt yet, but I've seen an SSD with invisibility talisman, he just didn't get the chance to use it.

mjmxiii
03-06-2017, 05:06 AM
Attack, Attack, Attack!

So I sat back all week and completed daily 3/3 PvP tasks by revenging DEF holds to see where I was at in the ranks at the end of the week and how far I could climb on Saturday.. No Prisoner, No CG, No AoF, No SSD.

ATK# 83% (123/149)
DEF# 34% (111/326)

Hunted the Prisoner all week again. Got destroyed a lot and go in knowing that it's a loss if Pris, CG, SSD or AoF and Mumm go first. No counter for the stun, freeze, taunt teams. Live by the sword.....

Hung around #1400 to #1700 in the ranks all week.... played for a few hours on Saturday and ended #98. I notice that right around 1700 VP is where the attacks begin to increase... really felt the love this week lol. All things considered, I made the Top 100 fairly easy. All I had to do was win about 20-30 matches on Saturday to climb to my ending rank. Weird how that works.

tex-0775
03-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Not an easy task competing when the attack/defence ratio is twisted. Also, the last hour before the reset, a lot of attacks from the same users (maybe the AI doesn't like my team either :cool:) None of the U know whos, only a really 'beautiful and awesome' green team :p

Nicko
03-06-2017, 03:09 PM
The Attack/Defense ratio continues to favor some and screw others.

I haven't seen anyone screwed like Ron Carter yet. Glad you're pretty chill about it Ron - that ratio was crazy!

Of those hanging around the top 10, I tend to be showing up on lists more than others. For example ShaolinLondo attacked 300 more times than I did last week yet only had 30 more attacks on him. Kris rarely showed up on attack lists and had less than half the attacks many players had. Something is definitely not right. Sag attacked 100 more times than I did yet had 40 less attacks on him.

Players like Compurocker, Aristo, and RCarter seem to have it even worse.

Sparton - this is week three and this continues to happen. When can we expect a fix? Thanks

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Well, after reading this thread looks like Im the only one or member of the few who still getting attacked more than 400 times...

Last week stats (no prisoner, no ABB, no HH, no SSD, no Warrior Troll):
88% (260/294) - Lots of crashes before win screen have already pops...
27% (116/423) - Tried to stay in low ranks and work in the last day and nothing changes (got attacked 466 times in the week before this)

Im getting really tired of this, the competitiveness that devs cherish is completly broken.
Getting sick of being a punching bag and devs do NOTHING to fix it! Just reading some promises and nothing being done!

I really like this game but I am just leaving this game for lack of fair competition. Will try one more week but looks like Ill get the same scenario (already got attacked 88 times this week).

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Plzzzz don't take this the wrong way but what do u have!!! Only ask cuz I never c u on my list??? Btw,nice % for not having so many key toons!!!

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM

I haven't seen anyone screwed like Ron Carter yet. Glad you're pretty chill about it Ron - that ratio was crazy!

Of those hanging around the top 10, I tend to be showing up on lists more than others. For example ShaolinLondo attacked 300 more times than I did last week yet only had 30 more attacks on him. Kris rarely showed up on attack lists and had less than half the attacks many players had. Something is definitely not right. Sag attacked 100 more times than I did yet had 40 less attacks on him.

Sparton - this is week three and this continues to happen. When can we expect a fix? Thanks

Kinda hard to be pissed when u warned us all,but still...I'd be pissed!!! How bout GreyMouser,still can't get in. Sooooo many problems,probably overwhelming! Also probably why they're so quiet...busy,busy,busy.
They definitely rushed this! Said that as soon as they announced they were shutting down beta! But with players dropping like flies...
All I know is Sacrifice better be soon & bug free or this game is DONE!!!

Shaolin85london
03-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Well, after reading this thread looks like Im the only one or member of the few who still getting attacked more than 400 times...

88% (260/294) - Lots of crashes before win screen have already pops...
27% (116/423) - Tried to stay in low ranks and work in the last day and nothing changes (got attacked 466 times in the week before this)

Im getting really tired of this, the competitiveness that devs cherish is completly broken.
Getting sick of being a punching bag and devs do NOTHING to fix it! Just reading some promises and nothing being done!

I really like this game but I am just leaving this game for lack of fair competition. Will try one more week but looks like Ill get the same scenario (already got attacked 88 times this week).

If the world doesn't change, ourselves has to change. I feel your frustration and disappointment, u must be really tired of all these stepping back from devs after all this time gone, but just try to change your main goal that lead u to play the arena. For instance my main goal is to get eternity Eddie, who ll be available only to the players who are saving a lot of iron coins. Just do that, I stopped to care about people who persist in attack me, my defense sucks ok but at least I'm moving on collecting as many iron coins as I can. Please don't give up...

gmac
03-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Plzzzz don't take this the wrong way but what do u have!!! Only ask cuz I never c u on my list??? Btw,nice % for not having so many key toons!!!

HomemLivreīs defense is very good, if Iīm not mistaken, Mummy, W Pyro, CG + A troll. If you donīt have HH or Art Dog going second youīre dead. And how about Flame? That is nasty.

Hope devs come back soon and talk to us about the list issue.

And Sacrifice... please, that is needed ASAP.

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 05:51 PM
HomemLivreīs defense is very good, if Iīm not mistaken, Mummy, W Pyro, CG + A troll. If you donīt have HH or Art Dog going second youīre dead. And how about Flame? That is nasty.

Might explain the # of attacks (easy target) & % (surprise!)

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 06:02 PM

Bump,cuz this needs to be front & centre

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 06:24 PM
If the world doesn't change, ourselves has to change. I feel your frustration and disappointment, u must be really tired of all these stepping back from devs after all this time gone, but just try to change your main goal that lead u to play the arena. For instance my main goal is to get eternity Eddie, who ll be available only to the players who are saving a lot of iron coins. Just do that, I stopped to care about people who persist in attack me, my defense sucks ok but at least I'm moving on collecting as many iron coins as I can. Please don't give up...

Thanks mate, I really appreciated your words. Maybe Ill change my goal like you, looks like eternity eddie will be a nice toon and I have no idea how much iron coins we will need to spend in him.
I had not thought of play it this way, but anywais devs need to do something to fix it, looks like Im the few that continues to be harassed due to this broken system...
Glad to be your trooper :)

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Hope devs come back soon and talk to us about the list issue.

And Sacrifice... please, that is needed ASAP.

Thanks Gmac! Im trying to change my defense becouse lots of players already have HH/Art Dog and against it this defense is useless.
CG is a very nice toon but after his damage nerf and combos with hh+prisoner he not worth anymore.

Hope that devs do something besides promises/words...

gmac
03-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks Gmac! Im trying to change my defense becouse lots of players already have HH/Art Dog and against it this defense is useless.
CG is a very nice toon but after his damage nerf and combos with hh+prisoner he not worth anymore.

Hope that devs do something besides promises/words...

Funny, even with the nerf CG is the toon that gives me the most trouble, by far (but yes, I think he could do more damage too, he is a 5 after all).

Iīll take ANY prisoner team from yours. I avoid you and Slauki if I can. With that accuracy buff from the troll my whole team is stuned/tauted while flame decimates them. Flame is being overlooked in my opinion, it is very powerful. (I think I have to unbench my PDK...)

Do you have AoP? If you do you might wanna try it to prevent the HH or Art Dog. Goes well with CG, with that Pyro or yours... ouch. AoP is a very powerful toon too, but storm needs to be lv 7 so you truly appreciate it.

Congrats on your defense, and Iīm sure devs will come back soon enough.

Cheers
Gmac

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Funny, even with the nerf CG is the toon that gives me the most trouble, by far (but yes, I think he could do more damage too, he is a 5 after all).

Iīll take ANY prisoner team from yours. I avoid you and Slauki if I can. With that accuracy buff from the troll my whole team is stuned/tauted while flame decimates them. Flame is being overlooked in my opinion, it is very powerful. (I think I have to unbench my FDK...)

Do you have AoP? If you do you might wanna try it to prevent the HH or Art Dog. Goes well with CG, with that Pyro or yours... ouch. AoP is a very powerful toon too, but storm needs to be lv 7 so you truly appreciate it.

Congrats on your defense, and Iīm sure devs will come back soon enough.

Cheers
Gmac

Haha, I changed my team to the way you told with AoP (maxed on shards) about an hour! Lets see how it works for some time and check if defense ratio gets better :p
Its nice to have you as my troopers as well! Lets hope that the game changes make it better!

mjmxiii
03-06-2017, 08:17 PM

He's got a CG. His team just destroyed me. An SSD too I think. Never got a turn. Didn't really see, match was over before I looked back at my screen... I wouldn't complain if I were HomemLivre, your DEF is killer

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 08:33 PM
He's got a CG. His team just destroyed me. An SSD too I think. Never got a turn. Didn't really see, match was over before I looked back at my screen... I wouldn't complain if I were HomemLivre, your DEF is killer

Hahaha, you attacked me a few minutes ago when I changed my team like Gmac said.
Hope I had a SSD, but thats nothing but a dream. I revenged you, won the round and APMA3 chrashed me from hell AGAIN and you got your points back.

mjmxiii
03-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Hahaha, you attacked me a few minutes ago when I changed my team like Gmac said.
Hope I had a SSD, but thats nothing but a dream. I revenged you, won the round and APMA3 chrashed me from hell AGAIN and you got your points back.

Lol, whatever it was man, it was done before I could take a look. No chance. By the time I looked at the screen it was results lol

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Lol, whatever it was man, it was done before I could take a look. No chance. By the time I looked at the screen it was results lol

Thanks to RNG! Sometimes it need to be by my side lol :p

mjmxiii
03-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Thanks to RNG! Sometimes it need to be by my side lol :p

Hey that's what's up though, give yourself some credit. We all know how it is, we all go into a match knowing it's 50/50. Been going 2nd in all matches so far this week. That's my problem, I'm just rolling with it. All good, taking it for what it is and enjoying the challenge. I'll try again in a while. See if my luck is better :D

RCarter
03-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Me? It's actually Randolph. Lovecraft handle been using for years.

The only reason I am being chill about all those attacks is because a standing real life commitment stops me from competeing for the last 4 hours of PVP every week, so that pretty much takes me out of the running for any high ranked finish. Unless I burn an assload of ironite, and hope that I dont show up on anyones list, I am only in it for the coins. Any ironite that comes my way is incidental. Still, it is a little bit of a drag.

The more I think about it, the more I think the DM in the line-up is a big contributor to all those attacks. I really believe that people see it, and think it'll be an easy win. I would love to see the look on that guys face when that DM crits a toon for more than 20k, then goes invisible...

Been thinking about testing that theory by swapping the DM out for either a CG or SSD and seeing if the numbers go down.

Shifter
03-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Week 3 and current stats. i had to play most of Saturday just to get to 2100. Got my shard from achievements and now my pvp interest is almost gone.
Edit: No prisoner. Def team is GR, DM, AGS, Green bomber. all but bomber is fully sharded, bomber has 3 left.

HomemLivre
03-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Hey that's what's up though, give yourself some credit. We all know how it is, we all go into a match knowing it's 50/50. Been going 2nd in all matches so far this week. That's my problem, I'm just rolling with it. All good, taking it for what it is and enjoying the challenge. I'll try again in a while. See if my luck is better :D

Thks anyway, we are all in the same boat trying to figure out how to build the best defense with the toons we have hehe

zdm-1083
03-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Ok I'm fully out of stats I saw in this thread...
I already read about issue with attack list but there... I'm not attacked by anyone that I did not attack first.
Moreover team with prisoner that I attack seems to never attack back... But if they are attacked 300 times
I understand why XD

I don't catch how you could be attacked more than you attack +/- 10.
Sounds fair no?
I don't know how the attack list is generated but it sounds quite odd to me.

So my team: mummy, AoP, AoS, PdK
Not that many to change for attack: mummy replaces by wicker man Eddie ;)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/955855Screenshot20170305103447.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=955855Screenshot20170305103447.png)

Ah, I would also apologize to guy I harass (Trooper1987, slauski, chaosego888, tom, ...)
I'm looking to team I could handle (meaning no prisoner) and you have the wrong team. :)

Tritium
03-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Out of curiosity, what's the highest defensive hold percentage somebody has managed to get without a Prisoner? I believe I remember seeing someone had around 35% without a gimp; would be interesting to see how other people manage as well. One has to get incredibly creative to maintain such a high percentage without everyone's favorite BDSM-loving toon. :p

Silentknight
03-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Out of curiosity, what's the highest defensive hold percentage somebody has managed to get without a Prisoner? I believe I remember seeing someone had around 35% without a gimp; would be interesting to see how other people manage as well. One has to get incredibly creative to maintain such a high percentage without everyone's favorite BDSM-loving toon. :p

Just so u know,I'm not out to get u. Was burning thru the list this am & u were on it. Also 2nd time I woke up today was gunna do it again but u were on list again so I thot better not.lol,if u even saw me

Shifter
03-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Tritium
Out of curiosity, what's the highest defensive hold percentage somebody has managed to get without a Prisoner? I believe I remember seeing someone had around 35% without a gimp; would be interesting to see how other people manage as well. One has to get incredibly creative to maintain such a high percentage without everyone's favorite BDSM-loving toon.

i managed a 33% without a prisoner.

Tritium
03-06-2017, 11:43 PM
Just so u know,I'm not out to get u. Was burning thru the list this am & u were on it. Also 2nd time I woke up today was gunna do it again but u were on list again so I thot better not.lol,if u even saw me

All good, man. I woke up to enough attacks to not even see your name lol. 'Tis my arena life right now.

i managed a 33% without a prisoner.

Wow, that's awesome! If you don't mind sharing, what helped you achieve that percentage? I'm wondering if skill shards matter more than team synergy at this point, but even my best sharded team can't hold for shite. You can PM me if you'd rather not put it here.

Shifter
03-07-2017, 12:09 AM
My team is mostly 100 % sharded.

All max level/talisman

Grim Reaper, (invis/freeze) fully sharded
Assassin Golden Sun (energy/void) fully sharded
Dessert Maurder (invis/Boost/random red) fully sharded
Green Bomber (paralyze/energy) missing two shards in Fortune skill.

I really can't tell you what happens on def. I'm assuming I loose close to 100% when defense goes second. and probably win ~75% when my team goes first. I know that's about how it is when I test it.

mjmxiii
03-07-2017, 12:12 AM

34% last week with no Prisoner, was in the lower ranks all week if it matters

gmac
03-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Hi everybody,

At first we all started sharing our stats to see if The Prisoner made a difference on offence and defense. That is pretty much settled (for me), on average he does make a difference.

Then we realized there was a much bigger issue, the disparity in number of attacks received. And people still kindly share theirs stats so we can try to make this a better game.

But I think there is no need anymore for us to share our % win rates, on offence and defense, perhaps we are giving away too much info on what is working or not, especially on defense (and mine is not in the upper rankings).

Just a thought guys.

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Hi everybody,

At first we all started sharing our stats to see if The Prisoner made a difference on offence and defense. That is pretty much settled (for me), on average he does make a difference.

Then we realized there was a much bigger issue, the disparity in number of attacks received. And people still kindly share theirs stats so we can try to make this a better game.

But I think there is no need anymore for us to share our % win rates, on offence and defense, perhaps we are giving away too much info on what is working or not, especially on defense (and mine is not in the upper rankings).

Just a thought guys.
That's y I stopped,Nicko only. Even that could stop

Shifter
03-07-2017, 03:11 AM
Not sure why, all it takes is one battle and your team is known (actually don't even need to battle). A visit to your team will show the shards talismans used.

it was one thing that was very frustrating to me when I was on the side looking for advice from the ones in beta. Never did anyone say anything about characters other than the standard save your shards statement.
Not that it matters at this point, in a few weeks every team is going to be made of mummy, ssd, blue bat, then either troll/prisoner.

RCarter
03-07-2017, 03:35 AM

Just a thought guys.

I am still very curious to see everyone's rates.

As far as giving away too much information there are two things to consider:

First is we can all see what each other is running for defense by just selecting each other when we show up in each other's list. After that, its just a matter of a quick search (if the person isn't already a trooper) to see everything there is to know about how our toons are set up. So there really are no secrets that can be kept about defenses. Even if you rotate your toons regularly. Search, and there they will be.

Second is that it is very plain that PVP is P2W all the way. Yes, attack strategy plays a part too. But if you have the ironite, a halfway decent toon roster, some basic strategy, and the time, you will place high in the rankings. Most of the top players clearly dump ironite to win. Thats not a bad thing, its just how it is.

Besides, its a friendly competition. At least its supposed to be.

gmac
03-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Not sure why, all it takes is one battle and your team is known (actually don't even need to battle). A visit to your team will show the shards talismans used.

it was one thing that was very frustrating to me when I was on the side looking for advice from the ones in beta. Never did anyone say anything about characters other than the standard save your shards statement.
Not that it matters at this point, in a few weeks every team is going to be made of mummy, ssd, blue bat, then either troll/prisoner.

Iīm sorry to hear you feel we did not give enough input for people outside, I really am. Hope we did a better job. Iīm sad about this but Iīm happy you want to help others.

Sure, one can go and see other people teams and talismans (I think that the game should no allow this by the way), but even so, that will not tell that person how that team is doing overall, giving away our stats give the whole picture, on defense that is maybe too much.
Give away number of attacks received, sure, that is necessary so we can try to have a fair competition.
Number of attacks made, ok for Ironite spent comparison.
But % on defense.... Iīm not so sure how that helps anymore since (for me) the prisoner discussion is done.

Cheers.

gmac
03-07-2017, 03:53 AM
I am still very curious to see everyone's rates.

As far as giving away too much information there are two things to consider:

First is we can all see what each other is running for defense by just selecting each other when we show up in each other's list. After that, its just a matter of a quick search (if the person isn't already a trooper) to see everything there is to know about how our toons are set up. So there really are no secrets that can be kept about defenses. Even if you rotate your toons regularly. Search, and there they will be.

Second is that it is very plain that PVP is P2W all the way. Yes, attack strategy plays a part too. But if you have the ironite, a halfway decent toon roster, some basic strategy, and the time, you will place high in the rankings. Most of the top players clearly dump ironite to win. Thats not a bad thing, its just how it is.

Besides, its a friendly competition. At least its supposed to be.

Hey man,

Plenty top players donīt spend more Ironite they earn during the week, count Sag, me, Slauki and CanyptianFit on this. Plenty of others Iīm sure.

And friendly competition ok, but most players donīt show theirs stats, we donīt even know who reads all this. Donīt get me wrong, Iīts admirable people sharing stuff, but maybe def % rates are a bit to much, that is my only point. All other stats Iīm ok with sharing. And again, my defense is not all that.

Anyway, no polemics from me, It was just a consideration. Never mind me.

All the best
Gmac

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 04:20 AM
Hey man,

Plenty top players donīt spend more Ironite they earn during the week, count Sag, me, Slauki and CanyptianFit on this. Plenty of others Iīm sure.

And friendly competition ok, but most players donīt show theirs stats, we donīt even know who reads all this. Donīt get me wrong, Iīts admirable people sharing stuff, but maybe def % rates are a bit to much, that is my only point. All other stats Iīm ok with sharing. And again, my defense is not all that.

All the best
Gmac
U may be able to c what everyone has equipped & ranked but u don't know how they got there. I E. opponent strategy,ironite used or # of matches. Beta was a freezefest. Kept waiting for changes to scoring that were all basically the same...crappy!!! Sorry @ work,gotta go
Oh & lots of bugssss

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Hey man,

All the best
Gmac
Basically all info out of beta would have been useless. Even now,build a team like Jofer's. Is he playin 24/7,spending 10x the ironite of the #2,never getting attacked? And with all the bugs still, ur team could be garbage next update!

Aristo4
03-07-2017, 05:04 AM
We're just in PVPr Beta Phase II, so I don't mind sharing any stat (nothing to hide anyway, def is crappy) :cool:

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 05:44 AM
Basically all info out of beta would have been useless. Even now,build a team like Jofer's. Is he playin 24/7,spending 10x the ironite of the #2,never getting attacked? And with all the bugs still, ur team could be garbage next update!

Also Nicko's "Dream Team" that was consistantly at the top in beta...not even close to what he's using now! Gotta put them back in there bud!!!

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 05:55 AM
Also Nicko's "Dream Team" that was consistantly at the top in beta...not even close to what he's using now! Gotta put them back in there bud!!!

Sag's Droid,Slauki's bats... nerfed! Was ur Droid,right Sag? Killhouse,PizzaFriday maybe.

mjmxiii
03-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Don't mind sharing stats or team. Enjoy seeing how my non-Prisoner DEF does compared to other more formidable teams...it's luck before strategy every time anyway....2400 coins per month and I'm good... besides, sharing is caring.
:p

Killhouse
03-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Hahahah. It was Sag's droid.... my buddy and I still to this day call that character the Sag Bot. The first time I got hit by it... wow!

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Hahahah. It was Sag's droid.... my buddy and I still to this day call that character the Sag Bot. The first time I got hit by it... wow!

LOL,thot so. Only got hit by it once & that was enuf!!! You were the Warrior Troll...the reason for my Prisoner. Ahh the good ol' days!

Sag7272
03-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Sag's Droid,Slauki's bats... nerfed! Was ur Droid,right Sag? Killhouse,PizzaFriday maybe.

LOL,thot so. Only got hit by it once & that was enuf!!! You were the Warrior Troll...the reason for my Prisoner. Ahh the good ol' days!
Oh the good old days, that poor thing got hit so bad by the nerf... It still have his use but he lost quite a bit of grit, removed him has my champion as he's now mostly annoying in PvE & was loosing troopers..

Love the Sag Bot! To me Silentknight will always be the Magus GS that gave me so much trouble when PvP began... Killhouse is the incarnation of the Troll, when I bring him on attack I'm bringing my Killhouse :)

As for newcomer, I wrote a beginner's guide somewhere if it helps.. Sure may need some revamp but still.. The toons depends on what's available more than anything else, some excellent toons won't shine in the wrong team, that post would have no end...

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Oh the good old days, that poor thing got hit so bad by the nerf... It still have his use but he lost quite a bit of grit, removed him has my champion as he's now mostly annoying in PvE & was loosing troopers..

Love the Sag Bot! To me Silentknight will always be the Magus GS that gave me so much trouble when PvP began... Killhouse is the incarnation of the Troll, when I bring him on attack I'm bringing my Killhouse :)

As for newcomer, I wrote a beginner's guide somewhere if it helps.. Sure may need some revamp but still.. The toons depends on what's available more than anything else, some excellent toons won't shine in the wrong team, that post would have no end...

Sag Bot,lmao! Yup,Magus GS with double freeze talismans! Not so chilling anymore...actually my defence went way up after everyone lost 'the freeze'. Still best support healer in the game,imo. Still use him as champion,change it up for my troopers tho. Give em a try with CG,Prisoner & SABB (with maxed death mark). Basically my PvP team cuz that's bout all I got,lol.

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Think u guys did more than enuf! Besides we were still figuring things out. Imagine if someone sharded their bot on our advice,cuz at the time it would have been a good decision. Remember Nicko telling someone health talismans were important & someone accused him of throwing donuts,zeros,basically lying. Which at the time made sense as I don't think his team had any equipped...didn't need em. That 'Dream Team' decimated u in 1 turn,no need to push any buttons,without taunt! But lots of bugs. Now...health is pretty goddamn important!

Silentknight
03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Sag Bot,lmao! Yup,Magus GS with double freeze talismans! Not so chilling anymore...actually my defence went way up after everyone lost 'the freeze'. Still best support healer in the game,imo. Still use him as champion,change it up for my troopers tho. Give em a try with CG,Prisoner & SABB (with maxed death mark). Basically my PvP team cuz that's bout all I got,lol.

There we go...old school! Now just gotta get little closer to the top!

Chaosego888
03-08-2017, 03:59 AM
Ok I'm fully out of stats I saw in this thread...
I already read about issue with attack list but there... I'm not attacked by anyone that I did not attack first.
Moreover team with prisoner that I attack seems to never attack back... But if they are attacked 300 times
I understand why XD

I don't catch how you could be attacked more than you attack +/- 10.
Sounds fair no?
I don't know how the attack list is generated but it sounds quite odd to me.

So my team: mummy, AoP, AoS, PdK
Not that many to change for attack: mummy replaces by wicker man Eddie ;)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/955855Screenshot20170305103447.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=955855Screenshot20170305103447.png)

Ah, I would also apologize to guy I harass (Trooper1987, slauski, chaosego888, tom, ...)
I'm looking to team I could handle (meaning no prisoner) and you have the wrong team. :)No need to apologize zdm. That is why there is more than one target on that list. I will not revenge holds and will not be crying about being attacked. Don't be scared of those Prisoners. Come up with a good strategy that keeps you alive until the trolls shield expires and don't carry a character to the battle that you depend on it's passive. I just got my ass kicked by Nicko because I forgot to take the Troll out and was done begore I got started. Take a few swings at Sag & Nicko. If you can win against either you will be able to take most of the others down easy. I have a losing record versus Sag, probably 50/50 versus Nicko and something like 25-2 versus Jofer so just because you see a Prisoner doesn't mean it is a great team. As far as this system and the number of attacks, I really don't think it is that far off from what it is supposed to be, with the exception of some people simply not showing up on lists as much. I have noticed that I can just revenge attacks and not refill sands of war during the week and maintain a points total of around 1900 being attacked double the amount of my own attacks. When I start refilling sands of war, I will end up attacking twice as much as defending. I don't have a problem with this being pay to win, don't know if it would work any other way. I am sure a lot of us here can remember going to the arcade, buying twenty bucks worth of quarters just to beat some high scores at Centipede, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man etc. Is there really a difference?

Silentknight
03-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Iīm sorry to hear you feel we did not give enough input for people outside, I really am. Hope we did a better job. Iīm sad about this but Iīm happy you want to help others.

Sure, one can go and see other people teams and talismans (I think that the game should no allow this by the way), but even so, that will not tell that person how that team is doing overall, giving away our stats give the whole picture, on defense that is maybe too much.
Give away number of attacks received, sure, that is necessary so we can try to have a fair competition.
Number of attacks made, ok for Ironite spent comparison.
But % on defense.... Iīm not so sure how that helps anymore since (for me) the prisoner discussion is done.

Cheers.
Also agree with u 100% on this. If people want to share stats,go ahead,no one's going to stop u. But don't hold it against people who don't. We've done our part! LOTB team knows about it,the rest is up to the devs. This is a competition after all & when u can see everything else about every player something has to be kept secret or else what's the point!

Chaosego888
03-08-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm open to whatever the majority wants but I agree that enough has been done. I included stats for just playing the provided sands of war and also after refilling several times. If you don't refill then you are likely to be attacked by double or triple...makes since, You are 1 versus thousands. The one thing I think should be done is to eliminate the point reductions for defensive losses. There is no point in this when the best defense is less than 40%. This would drop as well if more people would stop avoiding prisoners. Another thing that is rediculous is the revenge limit. I completely understand why this was implemented but it would make more sense for the system to refesh 10 totally different names each time and also make it to where you can only revenge an attack and not be able to revenge a revenge. There are other ways to keep people from going back and forth constantly. A limit of 20 revenges is not it.

Sag7272
03-08-2017, 10:14 PM
I understand why someone would want to hide his stats..

At the same time, it doesn't show much, if like Silentknight you always attack the top teams... You'll gets revenged by the same top teams and probably affect stats, at the same time if one cherry pick his fights, stats will go up as revenges will come from relatively weakers teams..

For what it worth.. I use my own stats to show tendencies over time vs myself & see if others adapt or if tallisman changes have an effect but... By no means they can relate to the stats of anyone elses as everyone have different situations/playstyle/opponents & comparing them equal comparing apples & oranges...
Don't mind showing my stats... Don't mind those who rather hide them..
As long as no one bash on thoses who keep them for themselves I'm alright with any direction it takes..

slauki
03-08-2017, 10:26 PM

At the same time, it doesn't show much, if like Silentknight you always attack the top teams... You'll gets revenged by the same top teams and probably affect stats, at the same time if one cherry pick his fights, stats will go up as revenges will come from relatively weakers teams..

For what it worth.. I use my own stats to show tendencies over time vs myself & see if others adapt or if tallisman changes have an effect but... By no means they can relate to the stats of anyone elses as everyone have different situations/playstyle/opponents & comparing them equal comparing apples & oranges...
As long as no one bash on thoses who keep them for themselves I'm alright with any direction it takes..

yep fully agree, most people have done their part, so if someone wants to hide the stats it's perfectly fine, if someone wants to share them he is welcome.
cannot see a problem here, because there is no obligation by any means. as stated before, the devs should have enough information now to make appropriate adjustments, if they want to and if they are able to...

zdm-1083
03-08-2017, 10:33 PM
No need to apologize zdm. That is why there is more than one target on that list. I will not revenge holds and will not be crying about being attacked. Don't be scared of those Prisoners. Come up with a good strategy that keeps you alive until the trolls shield expires and don't carry a character to the battle that you depend on it's passive.

Thanks for your message :)
Well, this is not that I'm scared of prisoner, this is just that for now I do not have too many toons that could do the job.

I am sure a lot of us here can remember going to the arcade, buying twenty bucks worth of quarters just to beat some high scores at Centipede, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man etc. Is there really a difference?

Good point here.

You are 1 versus thousands. The one thing I think should be done is to eliminate the point reductions for defensive losses. There is no point in this when the best defense is less than 40%. This would drop as well if more people would stop avoiding prisoners. Another thing that is rediculous is the revenge limit. I completely understand why this was implemented but it would make more sense for the system to refesh 10 totally different names each time and also make it to where you can only revenge an attack and not be able to revenge a revenge. There are other ways to keep people from going back and forth constantly. A limit of 20 revenges is not it.

Revenge limit, I agree.
On 1 versus thousands, I see some limitations that could do the job.
I can think of limiting possible defense depending on how much you are attacking.
Meaning that if your defense amount is too high you will not or less appears on any attack list.
I don't know if it could scale with number of players.

But first, I think clarifying and fixing why some people (like me) are not appearing on attack list is a first needed step

CanyptianFit
03-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Well said Sag.

Stats in and of themselves are really not helpful. Hard to understand the underlying situations for each trooper.

I tried two different approaches the last 2 completed weeks and my stats were very different. Unless you understand how I played, only I know that, hard to draw conclusions about my offense/defense...other than I suck at defense. 😜

But in the broader context I think it has been insightful maybe to others to see results for people in the top 25 what their stats look like. Results for people in the top 100, etc.

I also could be swayed that the purpose of highlighting discrepancies has been made and going forward it isn't needed.

So I see both sides of the fence and can support either one.

At the end of the day, I hope we have a fair process, no one is gaming the system and we can rely on Sparton and team to make sure that is the case.

Maybe this is a good time for Sparton to weigh in here. Are we helping you with this information at all, is this now redundant, has it run its course?

Again, thanks to Nicko for starting this process, I believe it has helped the community.

Up the Irons!

Silentknight
03-08-2017, 10:50 PM

If people feel the attack/revenge #'s are still strange we can all do it again but there has to be some mystery!

Silentknight
03-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Again, thanks to Nicko for starting this process, I believe it has helped the community.

Up the Irons!

Might wanna thank ToTameAGame & The Prisoner cuz that's how this all started,lmao!

Silentknight
03-08-2017, 11:35 PM
I'm open to whatever the majority wants but I agree that enough has been done. I included stats for just playing the provided sands of war and also after refilling several times. If you don't refill then you are likely to be attacked by double or triple...makes since, You are 1 versus thousands. The one thing I think should be done is to eliminate the point reductions for defensive losses. There is no point in this when the best defense is less than 40%. This would drop as well if more people would stop avoiding prisoners. Another thing that is rediculous is the revenge limit. I completely understand why this was implemented but it would make more sense for the system to refesh 10 totally different names each time and also make it to where you can only revenge an attack and not be able to revenge a revenge. There are other ways to keep people from going back and forth constantly. A limit of 20 revenges is not it.

Said it b4,I'll say it again...Attack Limits! Don't need revenge limits with attack limits set up. Can't revenge someone who hasn't attacked!

Chaosego888
03-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Said it b4,I'll say it again...Attack Limits! Don't need revenge limits with attack limits set up. Can't revenge someone who hasn't attacked!Yeah, That's basically what I meant, just overcomplicating it I guess. Don't like the fact that you can revenge an attack and get revenged back 1 minute later, seems stupid to me.

Chaosego888
03-09-2017, 04:44 AM
Thanks for your message :)
Well, this is not that I'm scared of prisoner, this is just that for now I do not have too many toons that could do the job
I guess I could have worded that a little different. I just see a lot of people saying they avoid them completely. I was in the same place you are a few weeks ago. They only bother me paired with the troll and the taunters. I still need a little luck so I am trying to find a better way. Some of the other teams are getting better but there are still a lot of people just throwing the prisoner in because it is the trendy thing to do. Sometimes taking some losses to them helps to show you how far off from being competitive with them and that can help figuring out what you need to do next.

Silentknight
03-09-2017, 04:45 AM
Yeah, That's basically what I meant, just overcomplicating it I guess. Don't like the fact that you can revenge an attack and get revenged back 1 minute later, seems stupid to me.

I don't even care about the 20/day,but 2/person??? Got kinda used to going back n forth in beta,can be fun too!

Askora
03-09-2017, 09:27 PM
My fix for the prisoner is to throw in my AGS. He's drawn to him like a moth to flame. Sure, my AGS usually dies, but it keeps the prisoner occupied while I play.

Tritium
03-09-2017, 11:25 PM
My fix for the prisoner is to throw in my AGS. He's drawn to him like a moth to flame. Sure, my AGS usually dies, but it keeps the prisoner occupied while I play.

This is a good strategy, especially if your AGS survives without being CC'd and can cast endure immediately after. ;)

Askora
03-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Got SGS and GRE to back him up, so I've got plenty of endurance capability along with reviving my team for the second half of the fight. Sometimes find myself wanting the defense to KO someone who's stunned or almost gone so I can revive and start over.

He usually wipes out my AGS, but by that point he's about KO'ed anyway and no longer a threat. The rest of my team can stand up without him, just nice to have for that extra round.

Caretaker
03-11-2017, 11:00 PM
So quiet out here, and the bloodbath in there. 10th is on the run. Educated, get it! And Gmac made it again. Wait to hear the win streak! Nicko, as usual easy week and 3rd. Your job opening new weekly post awaits. GG all!
p.s. 2 trooper slots open.

Tritium
03-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Scheisse, I was away for most of today and received way too many attacks overnight and today to recover in the short time I had. Went from 2k VP and rank 70-ish last night to now 1793 VP and rank 379. If I even spent any ironite, I would end up losing more than I gain. Gotta love losing VP when the defensive AI sucks. There HAS to be a better system than this. I'm beginning to lose interest in PVP due to how much of a chore it has become. Where's the fun in such a system?

CanyptianFit
03-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Sorry SilentKnight. Wow. I've never seen someone go from like 2900 to 3800 in a span of 2-3 hours. ENTI is a monster. WOW.

Still in shock.

I was rocking a 88 consecutive win streak and he passed me like I was in the slow lane.

DAMN.

gmac
03-12-2017, 12:16 AM
What the hell?!?!?!?!

That happened???? Seriously??!?!?!

I was checking the rankings and he was WAY below SilentKnight. Like 120 pts with 15 min to go.

I donīt even know what to say, I thought SilentKnight was safe.

Jesus, congrats Enti, awesome job.

And SilentKight too, you are always in these close battles, I thing NF should give you free SoW to play...

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 12:32 AM
What the hell?!?!?!?!

That happened???? Seriously??!?!?!

I was checking the rankings and he was WAY below SilentKnight. Like 120 pts with 15 min to go.

I donīt even know what to say, I thought SilentKnight was safe.

Jesus, congrats Enti, awesome job.

And SilentKight too, you are always in these close battles, I thing NF should give you free SoW to play...

LMAO,2 freezes & a couple last min revenges killed me! Don't know how u guys do it,burn out,don't even wanna look at my phone 4 rest of night. Got what I wanted,enuf to finish the Reaper! & yeah I like em close!

gmac
03-12-2017, 12:50 AM
Man,

You were up by a lot with almost no time to go. I was checking the boards to see where Kris was.

And by the way Anti attacked me two times in a spare of 2 minutes right after Arena reset.

How can this be right?

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Man,

You were up by a lot with almost no time to go. I was checking the boards to see where Kris was.

And by the way Anti attacked me two times in a spare of 2 minutes right after Arena reset.

How can this be right?

Dunno,had a long lag between 7-7:02,waiting for reset. Probably could have played another match. Oh well,got what I wanted. Ugh,not even going near arena tonight for this special event

Enti
03-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Hello all

Firstly - SilentKnight, please accept my most sincere apologies for what has happened, I just finished before you by an inch. It did not depend neither on you nor me but purely on luck in terms of opponents and timing...

Secondly - thank you for the recognition guys, much appreciated :) I'll analyze my statistics and evaluate my own feelings what this last-second 5th rank brought. Hopefully Nicko will create week 4 pvp statistics and discussion thread soon and I'll share what I want there.

Be back later, until then - grab that Tier5 reward this week in PVP guys :)

Enti
03-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Man,

How can this be right?

I'll explain this in my analysis post as well, just have couple errands today to do during the day

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Hello all

Firstly - SilentKnight, please accept my most sincere apologies for what has happened, I just finished before you by an inch. It did not depend neither on you nor me but purely on luck in terms of opponents and timing...

No apology required! U earned it! Ask anyone, I like em close. Have won & lost by less. Only wanted 10th,ran up a lead so I could have a nap,lmao! Consider me a checkpoint,usually always hanging around a tier marker. Might be lower this week, not overly impressed with my Reaper,although I'm not done setting up team,need to play around with talismans.
On another note...wtf does EVERYONE(except Sag) spell my name with a capital K??? Sry,my self diagnosed OCD,seems there's many of us in here with the same,lmao!