PDA

View Full Version : Navigator Eddie (Gunner Type)

Sparton_LOTB
03-09-2017, 10:59 PM

FURY

Final Journey
Deals 6 hits of random damage to enemies.
Blinds enemies for 2 turns.
Grants Class Advantage to all allies for 2 turns.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 25/25%

BASIC SKILLS

Landfall
Deals 3 hits of random damage to all enemies.
15% Chance to Transfer a Negative Effect on each hit.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 15/20%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance +5/5%

Charted Course
Heal 25% of your MAX HP.
Increase DEF of allies for 1 turn.
Lower ATK of enemies for 1 turns.

Roaring Wave
Deals 3 hits of random damage to a single target.
Deals increased damage for each harmful effect on the enemy and removes the negative effects.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%

POWER SKILLS

Dead Reckoning
Deals 6 hits of random damage to all enemies.
20% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on random enemy each hit.
20% Chance to inflict Grievous Burn on random enemy each hit.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 15/20%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance +5/10%

Crashing Rocks
Deals random damage to a single target.
Inflicts Heal Block for 2 turns.
Inflicts Perfect Corruption for 2 turn.
Perfect Corruption blocks all beneficial effects and cannot be cleansed or transferred.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 10/15/20%
LV 4 Effect Duration +1

Scourge
Heal all allies for 30% of their MAX HP.
50% Chance to Lower DEF, Lower Accuracy, or Stun random enemies for 2 turns.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Gunner

Tritium
03-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Wow, Navigator Eddie seems great! One question, does his basic random attack work like Storm Eddie (hitting random targets) or does it work as-written and deal random damage to ALL enemies (i.e. an AOE attack)?

Kaz_LOTB
03-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Wow, Navigator Eddie seems great! One question, does his basic random attack work like Storm Eddie (hitting random targets) or does it work as-written and deal random damage to ALL enemies (i.e. an AOE attack)?

Random damage to all enemies, similar to Soldier Eddie.

-Kaz

Tritium
03-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Random damage to all enemies, similar to Soldier Eddie.

-Kaz

Sweet! Thanks for your prompt reply, Kaz. I look forward to toying around with him by hopefully obtaining one of my own or, in the worst case, borrowing him from a trooper. :p

abbadon
03-10-2017, 05:53 AM
I'm curious the results people are getting with Navigator Souls. I'm generally against spending ironite on Souls as I get the same dupe every time(still feeling burned from 2000 ironite on BraveNewWorld) I wasted a hundred to purchase one soul Navigator type and got another low-level dupe( agreeably a small sample) but has anyone else made the gamble (esp the 10 pack) and can share the results?

RACCAR-8000
03-10-2017, 08:43 AM
HELL YEA !!!!! A new Eddie and he looks awesome and his Fury is great. Bunch of raging pirate skeleton swordsman wrecking up the place, sweet. His skill set seams impressive and 2 different heals is nice. His special is pretty week for a gunner at 236. So at first glance he's kinda like a hybrid. Mix of FotD Eddie and tail gunner Eddie. Or even half assasin half gunner with all the random damage you'll need physical and magic talisman. With his low special I'd go with 3 thief and 3 vampire. I hope I get him 💀

Kardas
03-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Rygone has pictures of him over here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103-Compilation-of-maximized-characters&p=33271&viewfull=1#post33271):
As for the character itself:
Interesting having an Eddie that uses random damage in his basic attacks. And without any scaling too! Will certainly shake things up since Soldier, Tailgunner, Aces High, and Cyborg are all physically oriented.
Interesting seeing someone other than Nomad grant Class Advantage, someone other than FotD grant Perfect Corruption, and someone other than Samurai grant Grievous Burn. Nice that his basic attack looks to be AoE. I expect he'll do great with a Void/Thief combo
Here's hoping I get one

EDIT: For those interested, Dead Reckoning costs 6 PWR, Crashing Rock costs 5 PWR, and Scourge costs 6 PWR. Credit to Rygone for the images I got this from.

konstifik
03-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Tried him from a trooper, his Dead Reckoning move does some very impressive damage (plus grievous burns and removing buffs).

Bradata
03-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Got him and I love him! He is grinding Game of Death for me right now with my Red troll and Green bomber boy ;)

scott-5496
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
I wonder if he will be any good in the Arena? He looks to have some good power skills and I have him as a trooper so will try him out. I have Game of Death madness fine already with my Troll, HH/SBB and Samurai. These three/four also grind out AMOLAD as well on Madness.

Must say I am keen to see how useful the new Talisman will be.

ill
03-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Loving mine so far and added him as my main trooper. I have several stale troopers so if you want to play with him send me a request.

ill-5347

Bradata
03-10-2017, 08:30 PM
I wonder if he will be any good in the Arena? He looks to have some good power skills and I have him as a trooper so will try him out. I have Game of Death madness fine already with my Troll, HH/SBB and Samurai. These three/four also grind out AMOLAD as well on Madness.

Must say I am keen to see how useful the new Talisman will be.

Not very good in defense, I tried him. Gunners aren't very good as a defense after they "fixed" the problem with the freeze & thieve talismans.

Frost
03-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Love to see it.

treeb0mbb
03-10-2017, 08:36 PM
I tried this guy out from 3 of my troopers and man his moves look pretty nice in effect. Really wish I could get this guy just for the aesthetics and overall not bad move set. That move with grievous burn is really good.

Dank Brew
03-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Used two nav souls... TWO FREAKING CORRUPT OX BASTARDS.
Used a rare soul after that.... Guess who? Another mummy Eddie. I think thats #5... and of course #1million of the ox.
Can the damn ox go extinct? Can we make a mass vote to get rid of them? :'(

mjmxiii
03-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Hey Sparton, I noticed a weird bug using one of my troopers Jack Sparrow Ed... the invisibility talisman or effect if he has one, kept him invisible through all of AMOLAD (carried over every round after perfect hit) but he was still taking damage. Haven't seen this happen with any other chars. Thought I would let you know.

Fister
03-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Hey Sparton, I noticed a weird bug using one of my troopers Jack Sparrow Ed... the invisibility talisman or effect if he has one, kept him invisible through all of AMOLAD (carried over every round after perfect hit) but he was still taking damage. Haven't seen this happen with any other chars. Thought I would let you know.

I have seen this before with a troopers gunner Cotd.

Nicko
03-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Really liking this guy. Impressive AoE damage for an Eddie without skill shards (as a Gunner should be), an adequate heal, and a pretty useful Fury if thinking Arena. The ability to block and steal beneficial effects is nice icing on the cake...

He's now number three on my list of characters marked for skill shards :)

Fudjo
03-13-2017, 05:53 AM

I can confirm seeing this multiple times in Cast Die, including the Fury attack where the attacking skeletons were also invisible. Cool-looking bug with the Fury! :)

Lord Schmeb
03-13-2017, 11:53 PM
I just had my first run in with this guy in the arena… To say that he liquefied my team would be A gross understatement. Screw the prisoner, this guy looks to be one to own.

Tritium
03-14-2017, 12:30 AM
I just had my first run in with this guy in the arena… To say that he liquefied my team would be A gross understatement. Screw the prisoner, this guy looks to be one to own.

I'm curious, what made him a foe to be reckoned with? I want to nab one of these guys and am wondering (if I do end up getting him) whether he'd be worth skill sharding.

nuclear1250
03-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Noticed something that might need tweaking with this guy's AI on autoplay: constantly uses charted course until he gets taunted for whatever reason, at which point he sporadically switches to using nothing but Landfall for the rest of the battle. Just something that's slightly confusing.

URock
03-21-2017, 10:58 AM
After 20 Nautical Souls...

1st Soul of the PVP rewards I put into the Book of Souls was a Gun/Assassin Soul and...tadaa.. NAVIGATOR EDDIE

So what are the best Talismans for him? 3 yellow and 3 purple?

Heavy1974
03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
After 20 Nautical Souls...

1st Soul of the PVP rewards I put into the Book of Souls was a Gun/Assassin Soul and...tadaa.. NAVIGATOR EDDIE

So what are the best Talismans for him? 3 yellow and 3 purple?

got 3 Invisible and 3 Assassin talis on him. works pretty fine

URock
03-21-2017, 04:47 PM
got 3 Invisible and 3 Assassin talis on him. works pretty fine

If you got Warrior Troll in your Team you don't need "Invisibility". Maybe 3x Thief Talisman and 3x Void Talisman is more efficient, because of earlier fury attack?

Shifter
03-28-2017, 10:58 PM
Fix the AI on this guy. All he ever does is charted course, unless fury is full.

chase20100
04-24-2017, 02:24 AM
Is this Eddie even still possible to pull or was he only possible to pull during the Nautical Souls event?

Tritium
04-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Is this Eddie even still possible to pull or was he only possible to pull during the Nautical Souls event?

You can still get him via rare G/A souls, legendary souls, and the new sacrificial souls.

Kardas
05-23-2017, 10:41 AM
So the Immortal Souls event gave me plenty of time to get acquainted with my recently fully Sharded Navigator. I love him, he's a beast. Him and Tailgunner (possibly also Cyborg) are IMO the best farmers in the game currently.

These are, according to me, the pros and cons of Navigator and Tailgunner when it comes to farming:
Tailgunner's pros:
- Better Fury. Raining Death recharges faster, does more damage, and the Extra Turn is flat-out deadly with an Angel of Fear in the party. Bosses are also immune to Final Journey's Blindness, which is annoying.
- Faster. If both characters operate at maximum efficiency, Tailgunner will be faster because his Fury and basic attack is shorter. This is especially pronounced when fighting Magus or Gunner Golden Sons, as the Golden Sons only revive after Navigator has finished with his multiple-hit shooting.
Navigator's pros:
- Better basic attack. Landfall may take longer than Barrage but IMO it does more damage, both in general and because you have the chance to do true damage.
- Better AI. Tailgunner sometimes likes to use Second Chance (past Power move) which is inefficient when farming. Navigator's Charted Course problems are behind him.

Note that Navigator has very low SPECIAL as a Gunner, and as such I highly recommend a Thief set on him. As for the other 3 Talismans, I use Voids but Assassins are also a fine choice.

BTW, Dead Reckoning is great in the Assassin dungeon. Fully sharded (and with Assassin Talismans) it instakills everything save for the boss (Voids will sometimes leave one alive in red health). Also those Newborns can't take away your buffs if they can't hit you ;)
Speaking of said boss, Crashing Rocks is a great anti-Boss move. Which you can then follow up with Roaring Wave for great results :D

Nekroliun
05-23-2017, 10:52 AM
So the Immortal Souls event gave me plenty of time to get acquainted with my recently fully Sharded Navigator. I love him, he's a beast. Him and Tailgunner (possibly also Cyborg) are IMO the best farmers in the game currently.

These are, according to me, the pros and cons of Navigator and Tailgunner when it comes to farming:
Tailgunner's pros:
- Better Fury. Raining Death recharges faster, does more damage, and the Extra Turn is flat-out deadly with an Angel of Fear in the party. Bosses are also immune to Final Journey's Blindness, which is annoying.
- Faster. If both characters operate at maximum efficiency, Tailgunner will be faster because his Fury and basic attack is shorter. This is especially pronounced when fighting Magus or Gunner Golden Sons, as the Golden Sons only revive after Navigator has finished with his multiple-hit shooting.
Navigator's pros:
- Better basic attack. Landfall may take longer than Barrage but IMO it does more damage, both in general and because you have the chance to do true damage.
- Better AI. Tailgunner sometimes likes to use Second Chance (past Power move) which is inefficient when farming. Navigator's Charted Course problems are behind him.

Note that Navigator has very low SPECIAL as a Gunner, and as such I highly recommend a Thief set on him. As for the other 3 Talismans, I use Voids but Assassins are also a fine choice.

BTW, Dead Reckoning is great in the Assassin dungeon. Fully sharded (and with Assassin Talismans) it instakills everything save for the boss. Also those Newborns can't take away your buffs if they can't hit you ;) Speaking of said boss, Crashing Rocks is a great anti-Boss move. Which you can then follow up with Roaring Wave for great results :D

Gotta say! Your nav sure does kickass! I only use him on the hardest lvls though, like NoTB, Xs of LoL, or lightbringer (underworld skull quest).

Im pretty sure that im gonna start savig up for GA souls to get me one of these bad boys! Not only is he powerful, but hes also a really cool looking eddie!

But thats gonna have to wait since i gotta max out my rainmaker! its been raining skillshards for a while For me! Hopefully ill have his skills maxed out by the end of june!

Lulero
07-10-2017, 09:08 PM
So, newb question, what's so good about him now? He's swarming the arena and can't find any lead from the last changelog (missions) and the previous one (fragments) looks bad (no longer remove beneficial effects for some damage increase).

I know sometimes not everything make it to those lists though, was there some tweak? Is it a change to the AI?

And how am I the first one to ask that very thing :D

Kardas
07-10-2017, 09:21 PM
So, newb question, what's so good about him now? He's swarming the arena and can't find any lead from the last changelog (missions) and the previous one (fragments) looks bad (no longer remove beneficial effects for some damage increase).

I know sometimes not everything make it to those lists though, was there some tweak? Is it a change to the AI?

And how am I the first one to ask that very thing :D

Let me start off by first clarifying that the change from the Fragments update is in fact a buff, not a nerf. Navigator used to consume debuffs with Roaring Wave for extra damage, correct. However, now Roaring Wave will still do extra damage if the target has debuffs, but the debuffs aren't consumed! So on the off chance that your target isn't dead, it will still be burned/stunned/whatever.

Also Navigator is very versatile. The only Eddie other than Grim Reaper in my opinion that is good at both PVE and PVP. Not only that, but he has a fairly good AI, and a very diverse skillset. In fact, I have used every single one of his skills in PVP, which is more than I can say for GRE Visions or Pharaoh.

It probably also helps that a lot of people got him from Anniversary Souls last week.

Jofer16
07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Just like the Prisoner my spirit lives on with bugs and glitches in the matrix. The Rime of the Ancient Jose Fernandez, err, ahem, I mean The Navigator now lives on. Karma's a relentless Bitch. Thanks to my Padawan Gmac for holding the game down in my absence. The tides may be picking up once again, only time will tell.

https://youtu.be/i28UEoLXVFQ

Lulero
07-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Let me start off by first clarifying that the change from the Fragments update is in fact a buff, not a nerf. Navigator used to consume debuffs with Roaring Wave for extra damage, correct. However, now Roaring Wave will still do extra damage if the target has debuffs, but the debuffs aren't consumed! So on the off chance that your target isn't dead, it will still be burned/stunned/whatever.

Also Navigator is very versatile. The only Eddie other than Grim Reaper in my opinion that is good at both PVE and PVP. Not only that, but he has a fairly good AI, and a very diverse skillset. In fact, I have used every single one of his skills in PVP, which is more than I can say for GRE Visions or Pharaoh.

It probably also helps that a lot of people got him from Anniversary Souls last week.

My bad about the fragment update, I read it wrong. It does sound good but was quite a bit ago. I mean, a lot more people are now (this week versus last) running him, including people who for sure had him since event. You do sound like you know your deal though and been playing him for some times.

Also, I love my Cyborg both in PvE and PvP as well :D The wide range of skill I use being the main reason too!

And last, wtf Jofer :D Or Jofer's wandering mind is it now? This is so far fetched it almost sounds random. I'm not sure but Gmac might have been one of the first I seen make the switch (as in he wasn't playing him before). Is that what you trying to point out? Waitafreakingminute, are people just using Navigator because Gmac does? No way!

Er. I shouldn't post this late. Off to bed still lacking "one piece" of the puzzle (what a shitty ref ikr).

Jofer16
07-11-2017, 05:44 AM
And last, wtf Jofer :D Or Jofer's wandering mind is it now? This is so far fetched it almost sounds random. I'm not sure but Gmac might have been one of the first I seen make the switch (as in he wasn't playing him before). Is that what you trying to point out? Waitafreakingminute, are people just using Navigator because Gmac does? No way!

Er. I shouldn't post this late. Off to bed still lacking "one piece" of the puzzle (what a shitty ref ikr).

Yeah you should prolly just go to bed, you clearly are confused. Sorry I didn't respond to your bitch PM awhile back. We sure had a good laugh about it in Transformers lol.

Lulero
07-11-2017, 06:18 AM
Since you referring to it, here is the one and only PM I ever sent you. Happened like a month or two ago.

Hi !

Just discovered the "real" week PvP thread ...

While I agree that, without a doubt, Fallen Angel is much more entertaining to read than what I posted, I did name the other accordingly so people could post reports if they so desired.

Also, I'm not checking all threads, browsing titles and going where I wanna be. Most of the time. I ended up finding out about what was going on a bit late.

I still felt a bit offended at the "L2 read" part, would probably have been different from Nicko but not much.

I'm FINE thought, I'm FINE. Why am I even blabbering about this? At least I used a private message, alright?

So that's the bitching you referring to that gave you and your friends a good laugh in that other game?

As I ended it, at least I used a private message. But you call that "bitching"? English not my native language, so I'm sorry for being confused AGAIN.

Anyway, won't give in anymore than that. Unless you trying to twist truth I won't answer again. Not the place. Go through PM if you expect an answer.

EDIT: Easily confused at night and always grumpy in the morning.

Kardas
07-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Also, I love my Cyborg both in PvE and PvP as well :D The wide range of skill I use being the main reason too!

You're right actually. Cyborg is fantastic in both environments. I haven't used mine much (got him after sharding Navigator), so I forgot :P

Journeyman3003
04-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Is he worth to be sharded with the current update? My PvE farming Eddie has always been quite odd I guess, used shaman for a long time, and recently samurai, but most of you guys seemed quite convinced of navigator Eddie. At least before they made that change to his default attacks...

Sidney
04-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Is he worth to be sharded with the current update? My PvE farming Eddie has always been quite odd I guess, used shaman for a long time, and recently samurai, but most of you guys seemed quite convinced of navigator Eddie. At least before they made that change to his default attacks...

I wouldn't have any hesitation sharding him. He is my go-to farming Eddie. I've got Fate and Chance on him and he hits like a truck in PvE. Haven't tried him in Arena, but one of these days I'll see how it goes. He is perfect for farming though!!

Bradata
04-04-2018, 06:55 PM

For farming, he is the best but that's it. My record is with him in Powerslave, with the right team I pass it in 23 sec.

Ydex
10-25-2019, 08:32 PM
Is Navigator still useful for farming? (I don't have an Alexander)

I have a sharded Eddie in every class except Gunner. For balance, considering sharding up a Gunner... is this a reasonable strategy?

My only Gunner Eddies are Navigator, Football/Brazil, and Soldier. I don't have a sharded Football Eddie, but they seem to run fine without it.

Yup
10-25-2019, 08:41 PM
I think he's decent but.... Football/Soccer Ed is better due to the fury and buff removal. Navigator doesn't do anything with buff removal at all and his fury is .. well.. pathetic by today's standards. He works best with Chance and Immortality talismans.. so no buff removal there either. But with something like Redemptions.. maybe. Much f it really depends upon relics now. Back when Navigator ruled farming, there were no relics, no silver buffs, few gold buffs...

Ydex
10-25-2019, 08:47 PM
I really need to sit on these Skill Shards until I figure out who my new core team is.

Yup
10-25-2019, 08:55 PM
Well I'd wait to skill shard Navigator if you're hoarding skill shards. Practically ANY Ed released in the last year will serve you better.

Navigator, Mummy, Soldier, Storm, SOL, GRE, RttH, Holy Smoke, Tour, Carriage Rider, Aces High, Bomber, VHE, Xmas, Shaman, Trooper, FotD, Viking, 7Son, Wickerman, Shadow Wickerman, Tailgunner, Executioner, Rainmaker, Eagles Dare... would all be bottom of my list. But it really depends on which Eds you DO have.

The Football Eds are decent for farming when skill sharded. They do enough damage to be worth-while. I use Brazil in the Raven's Dungeon, sometime LOL dungeons (up to level X), and I've also used him in BNW GOL at times. The fury to remove gold buffs is a good fury if you want to use allies without that ability. For the most part, you just have to have allies to protect them a bit, either Orbit talismans or Celestials, or a reviver/cleanser. Brazil Ed with an ally wearing Celestials will whip through the Raven's dungeon 99.9% of the time.

Ydex
10-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Honestly I like the Eds I'm using, and I don't think I have any "better" Eds.

I have a ton of new characters I need to test drive. Maybe I'll count my maxed toons per class and focus on my weakest class. Or base it on Talisman slots...

MetalKing
10-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Navigator is good for farming BNW. His multiple hits help remove shields on the dragon quickly.

scott-5496
10-30-2019, 09:54 AM
Navigator was the king of farming what seems like a long time ago! Rarely use him now except maybe lower level gauntlet and yeah in BNW due to the hits and he can carry primordial. I am actually doing very little cosmos farming these days due to the other requirements and when I do farm cosmos I am just going with one of several Eddies that need ranked up for sacking - until I do the last daily quest team when I use Van Helsing (just finished ranking him a couple of days ago) or Gambler.

I really hope they continue to go back and re tool some of old crew though - there are some really decent Eddies - my daughter farms with SoL and a magus team as she has strong magus talisman and has focused on Magus relics first - work for her. My son still uses Navigator as he is his main AoE hitter that is sharded.

Blade
10-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Navigator Ed is still great and I use him whenever it is possible in the cosmos and all Skull Quests apart from the very last one. Still have chance+fate on mine. But as Scott said, recently there is no time to play anything else than the dungeons.