PDA

View Full Version : We need higher droprates for skill shards

URock
03-10-2017, 10:37 AM
More and more new Eddies and other Chars are put in the game, but only 1(!) skill shard a week as reward of PVP, 1-2 skill shards from secret locations per month (I play them daily) or 2 shards per week from using troopers (since PVP noone uses troopers).

My situation:

Characters (shards needed to max out) to max out: Cyborg Eddie (24), Grim Reaper Eddie (28), Navigator Eddie (18) - If I get him...

70 (!) skill shards needed

In best case I get 10 shards per month, so that I finished them in ... 7(!) months...

7 months to max out only 3 chars...think about it!

blade685
03-10-2017, 01:51 PM
More and more new Eddies and other Chars are put in the game, but only 1(!) skill shard a week as reward of PVP, 1-2 skill shards from secret locations per month (I play them daily) or 2 shards per week from using troopers (since PVP noone uses troopers).

My situation:

Characters (shards needed to max out) to max out: Cyborg Eddie (24), Grim Reaper Eddie (28), Navigator Eddie (18) - If I get him...

70 (!) skill shards needed

In best case I get 10 shards per month, so that I finished them in ... 7(!) months...

7 months to max out only 3 chars...think about it!
+10.... :)

Tritium
03-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. We desperately need more ways of getting skill shards!

slauki
03-10-2017, 07:12 PM
couldn't agree more with this...28 skills for GRE and then the nerfbat hits him?

almost a reason to commit suicide :D

gmac
03-10-2017, 07:32 PM
The biggest issue for me with skill shards scarcity, and all evo materials for that matter, is that new players have a VERY HARD time catching up to us "veterans".

Sure, they should work hard to catch up, but can they? And if some can, is that enough to keep the game going? (I´m talking about PVP specifically)

But I´m optimistic, it´s like they HAVE to make skill shards more accessible.

I´m betting sacrifice will came to help in that department too, perhaps some changes in the store also, we´ll see.

treeb0mbb
03-10-2017, 07:56 PM
I totally agree I'm kinda of a newer player here been playing hardcore since Christmas and I only got 1 toon fully sharded (SoL eddie) and put a couple on other toons because I didn't know what I was doing. If there could be perhaps a couple more ways to get more skill shards(willing to work for them) it would be fantastic. I know we shouldn't just give them away like candy but more accessible ways would be a good addition for newer players like me.

Because currently PVP wise I can't do anything without having a good sharded team full talismans is alright but I'm lacking that extra damage and stuff. Hopefully sacrifice will be very beneficial for all of us because I got a load of 3* dupes I need to get rid of. Anyway this latest update was also not that bad something to keep us occupied until Sacrifice comes which is hopefully sooner than later.

90mphyorker
03-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Getting rid of the one skill shard per week in arena would be great. Or if you still want a limit how about 3. Would allow people to get more but not allow people who spend loads of real money on ironite for SoW too big an advantage. 1050 Iron Coin a week isn't a massive anount to win.

PerthEddie
03-13-2017, 09:51 AM
I would like to see skillshards become removable so we can move them around. Make it a chargeable thing by players using gold or Ironite to remove them. I have 4 or 5 I used on my Soldier Eddie months ago that I could use elsewhere right now. I would be more than willing to pay something to move them.

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I would like to see skillshards become removable so we can move them around. Make it a chargeable thing by players using gold or Ironite to remove them. I have 4 or 5 I used on my Soldier Eddie months ago that I could use elsewhere right now. I would be more than willing to pay something to move them.
Not gunna happen. Part of the game...deciding who to shard. Plus then u would only need 50-100 of em & just keep moving em around. However I do think u should be able to move em when a toon gets nerfed.

powerslave74
03-13-2017, 10:29 AM
While i would love to be able to remove skill shards from one toon and move them to another; I do not believe this will ever happen. What I would really love to see is that skill shards started dropping at a more reasonable rate in the hardest secret location levels; much like 3* evo shards drop there!

Lord Schmeb
03-14-2017, 12:02 AM
I finally cracked the 100 SS achievement and realized I only have two fully maxed chars. The majority of them are on toons that haven't been dusted off for months, and are unlikely to see the light of day anytime soon. One obvious solution is to stack them/hoard them until you can really find a good home for them, but alas, guys like me spend what we have (just look at my practically non-existent savings account and 401k).

I've stopped losing sleep over it because it is what it is, and I don't see anything changing. Just gotta roll with it I suppose.

URock
05-05-2017, 04:14 PM
I want to give a short update to this thread:

thank you for changing the daily rewards and giving us 1 (why only 1?) skillshard per month. The PVP Shop gives us the chance (if you got good chars to win the coins) to get another 1 skillshard per week.

That's 5 shards per month + trooper reward (shop) + the secret location drops (mostly zero skillshards...) + sacrifice chance (only for the 24/7 players with money). That's better than before, but there should be a higher or 100% droprate in secret locations. Underworld f.e. needs so long reset times and all you get are crap items most of the time.

The problem I see is: without enough skillshards you got no chance to win enough PVP fights...and without enough wins you get no coins for the PVP-Shop.