PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
03-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Week four is a rap!

A couple people have mentioned that don't see the point in listing stats as this is a competition and they don't want to "show their cards".

Fair enough. These threads started because some like ToTameAGame were fairly vocal in wanting to see stats. I think it was a good idea, but it's been established that with the right support toons the Prisoner can make a difference.

It was suggested to keep posting number of attacks, which I definitely support. Lots of variation here and it has a bigger impact on your standings when you're over or under attacked than any defensive Hold differences.

News of the week is the Immunity and Shell Talismans. Are they helping? Making a difference? By now it's possible to have two sets of each, and no word when this will stop.

Are they helping your offense? Are they hurting your defense?

I'll say personally I have an easier time on offense - defense is fairly consistent. I wonder what Hold percentages will be when we each have four sets of these...I have a feeling a lot more Blue Bats will be appearing, even on Prisoner teams.

I'm posting my stats, but even number of attacks would help for those who feel they don't wish to share their win/loss percentages...

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Silentknight:
Attacked-402
Got Attacked-260
My ratio of attack/defend is always what I consider 'correct'. If I spend no,or very little ironite they are always both around 250. If I spend more only my attacks go up significantly.

Caretaker
03-12-2017, 04:32 PM
I feel last week we were all a bit lazy. People started to pick up on Thursday. Due to that I got this 17th. I feel somewhat sorry for those who grinded all week, hanged on top and fall on weekend. I played only revenges entire week, till Friday. Because of learned no of attacks and ironite drop in sl (got 5+5+0+20+15+0+0 last week). And will do so untill matchmaking clears. All week grind is for tauntfested pris/siege. Attacked and played on Friday and Saturday. Mostly I got attacked on Sunday and Thursday/Friday, and grand finale. I don't have prisoner, or ssd, cg. I use a-gs and aos. I don't have/use bots, I play manually on IPad.

What I wonder is what toons can equip immunity that survives siege, ufcorse, prisoner out of the question?

My stats

gmac
03-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Gmac
Attacked - 400
Got Attacked - 372

I donīt refill until Saturday and I can tell that for me, that ratio is not even at all during the week.

As for the new talismans, I have not tried them yet.
I think they will make attacks easier overall and will help a lot against prisoner defenses (as they are set currently).
And that they will make AoP and Death Dog superstars!

Congrats to Enti and Silentknight, that battle for 5th was a thrill.

Shaolin85london
03-12-2017, 04:43 PM
My ratio has drastically dropped after the first week, actually I don't confide in my defense, what make me King I every week is the big quantity of ironites I use to make a lot of attacks.

Here's my last week stats:

Attack wins 519/550 (94%)
Defense wins 63/359 (17%)

Tier King I

About new talisman, not considering my defense team, but in attack they help me a lot, especially allowed me to approach a new winner strategy against prisoner team.

Cheers!
Cheers!

Baba-8301
03-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Attack 204/238
Defence 110/419

I played pretty evenly through the week. It gets bloody depressing when you wake up to 20 attacks then check again on the way home from work and find another 30 to deal with... I'll spend enough ironite to get the tier 5 rewards this week, but after that it's free SoW only until matchmaking is improved.

tex-0775
03-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Big thankx for continuing these threads, and congrats to those that finished above me. Thankx for another fun week :cool:

The difference between attack and defence makes it a little to hard for me to compete, so i didn't really fight much this week. Hope that it will be fixed at some point, so competition is on equal terms in that regard.

My defence was the same all week and is ok, i guess. My problem is i don't like it, it is based on stun/freeze/blind and it is boring as f***. I used Mummy, 2 x SSD and a blue angel. I have removed this "autoteam" and now on I'm using whatever else I have, and I'm descending quickly, but who cares, it' a game right :cool::)

Nicko
03-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Tex - got bored with my defense as well and changed it at reset. How often we're attacked is far, far, far more important to our rank than the small changes in Hold percentage from swapping toons.

So because it's out of our control how defense affects our rank (as number of attacks is the primary determinant), I put my GRE and AoF in and went badass:cool:

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Tex - got bored with my defense as well and changed it at reset. How often we're attacked is far, far, far more important to our rank than the small changes in Hold percentage from swapping toons.

So because it's out of our control how defense affects our rank (as number of attacks is the primary determinant), I put my GRE and AoF in and went badass:cool:

Well I yanked GRE after 1 night! Defense cut in half,50 attacks is enuf to tell. Still won't put SSD in there tho,too much.

Nicko
03-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Well I yanked GRE after 1 night! Defense cut in half,50 attacks is enuf to tell. Still won't put SSD in there tho,too much.

As you can see from my first thread my Holds stayed the same after the first night with GRE. Question is do people fear the mummy more and attack you less if he's in? Guess we'll find out. And who knows - if attacks spike may go back to old standby of Mummy, Troll, SSD, and Gimp - the most boring (yet effective) defense around...

Silentknight
03-12-2017, 05:51 PM
As you can see from my first thread my Holds stayed the same after the first night with GRE. Question is do people fear the mummy more and attack you less if he's in? Guess we'll find out. And who knows - if attacks spike may go back to old standby of Mummy, Troll, SSD, and Gimp - the most boring (yet effective) defense around...

Don't have the talismans to bounce around like u do or the toons. Give it time,I'll try him again. All about synergy! Besides I sure as hell won't let 28 skill shards go to waste,plus he's a blast for farming!

tex-0775
03-12-2017, 06:00 PM

This, and the importance of winning the coinflip along the other issues (OP and bugged chars), makes it hard for a casual+ player (without rng on your side :p) to compete for a top rank \m/ :cool: \m/

Shifter
03-12-2017, 06:01 PM
This week's stats for me. No prisoner.

Attacks 94% (137/146)
Defense 31% (135/442)

Rank was over 2k. I was bouncing around 100 most of the week, but only had trooper time last couple of days so I dropped way down.

442 times was my highest amount of being attacked, which I assume is the new update. 370-385 is what the first weeks attacks were.

HomemLivre
03-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Like some few players I still getting attacked more than 400 times EVERY F* WEEK...
Im getting sick of it, really...

Last Week Stats (No prisoner):
Attacks: 254
Defenses: 424

I see new content and none fixes from so important issues like this one! This unbalances the arena so bad!!

Nicko
03-12-2017, 07:48 PM
This week's stats for me. No prisoner.

Attacks 94% (137/146)
Defense 31% (135/442)

Rank was over 2k. I was bouncing around 100 most of the week, but only had trooper time last couple of days so I dropped way down.

442 times was my highest amount of being attacked, which I assume is the new update. 370-385 is what the first weeks attacks were.

ShaolinLondo attacked others almost FOUR TIMES as much as you, yet was attacked just short of 100 times less. Neither of you have Prisoners.

Arena lists are still really screwed up...

CanyptianFit
03-12-2017, 07:54 PM
My attacks were virtually identical to last week, and my defense attacks were down. If you care to know, review my last weeks results.

I attribute the reduction in defensive attacks to navigator souls, as people spent ironite on that versus SoW. Friday was SLOW! Assumed Saturday was going to be slow but the race for the top made it interesting.

I dont have the prisoner. Glad I didn't try for him. HA!

I had a 88 attack win streak going on Saturday, while I watched Enti pass me like I was nothing. I did lose when he/she was right around my score and was left in the dust. Congrats, that was something else to witness. I never would've thought 5th was possible for them. Still in shock.

Clearly going first isn't what matters, 88 win streak, as I don't have a prisoner, but have always invested in shards versus souls. Here's to those without a prisoner in the top 25! I also didn't spend on ironite. From beginning to end I was net -30 ironite, just to ensure I kept 7th versus 8th. So I easily could've been top 10 without spending on ironite. I've been somewhat lucky with drops though, while I've been playing since June/July, I've got HH, Troll, CG, and 20 other critical 5* toons. Rotation and adjustment to the competition is necessary to win.

I dont cherry pick. My approach is to clear my attack list for the bonus 2 SoW. So put that into perspective with my win streak, as the competition was top tier. Although nowhere close to 122 or so from gmac...Hats off man! Clearly Nicko and Jofer have that going daily.

I ended up 7th as I did have extended time to play this Saturday without pissing off the family.

I'll just end that the system drives a certain behavior, and I'm glad to oblige. I'll leave it at that.

The PVP event is good as it will drive for people to play and the rewards are worthwhile.

Week 5 should be interesting.

Cheers all, up the irons!

PS - Hoping to get the new Eddie. He is pretty cool. I did get 10 souls hoping to get him, but got nothing but dupes.

See ya in the arena.

RCarter
03-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Attacks- 93% 182/195
Defense- 28% 103/369

Was only attacked twice as much as I attacked this week. That feels a little bit better than the first couple of weeks.

Havent started using the new talismans yet, but have run into a few teams that are using them pretty effectively. I do like them, but levelling them just adds to the pile of shit to do in this game.

Grind, grind, grind, gri.....zzzzzzzzzzz.......

Enti
03-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Okay so I promised in week 3's thread to share my thoughts on PVP. This is going to be a long post, be prepared.

History:

During the first two weeks I really had no time to play pvp, my SoW filled faster than I could burn them (errands, I was moving, etc.). During week 3 I saw what a greatd new feature this is, and was excited to try myself out. I put a team together, tried to learn from other people's defense what does worth letting into the AI's hands. Problem was my offense could mostly win when I was the one starting the battle. Like 75% of my attacks in which I came second was lost. I even started taking notes whether offense or defense starts the battle - 3 days of daily 50-60 attacks showed me that I'm starting with around 42% chance, which is ridiculous. Then I saw you guys have 90-95% win rate (not to mention Nicko with his godly 99%) and realized my team sucks BAD. I put together another offensive team, which proved to be way more powerful. Given that was already late Thursday, I let my rank be as high as other people would let me. But the team was strong and I had really good faith in it for week 4.

Goal and determination

Just as PVP was reset last Saturday, I jumped in immediately. I wanted to prove to myself that I can reach #1 and beat whoever I have to to be on top. Then the harsh realization came that with work, gym, hobbies, friends, household stuff and so on, even if I have the energy, motivation and financials to feed myself Ironite, I will never be able to beat Jofer. I simply don't have time. This also has an effect on my future PVP. So what happened now, what people could see, that someone who was NEVER near top 25 simply rushed straight to #5 this week. Might've been a surprise, I can imagine. Hats off to Silentknight (not with capital K), was an amazing race and I won by just an inch (5 points)

Defense

During the week I was attacked 424 times from which my def was broken in 336 cases. Considering I was continuously in top 10 throughout the week, taking into consideration that some points were lost at the beginning and some from players with way more points than I had, if I were to calculate with avg 19 points lost per defeat, I had to compensate for 6 384 points lost. That is immense, and many people are complaining about this. You are totally right, this is something so critical that NF must do something about.
People surely don't get discouraged anymore about Mummy, Prisoner, SSD, Troll defense combo, so I will have to do something about it. Also, I do lack a serious army of talismans with which I could improve my def rate, and I will be focusing on this more in the coming weeks. Good experience.

Attack

I feel I do have a decent offensive team, most of the battles I fight last 2-3 rounds (SSD's buff or AoS's Invincibility makes it longer but sometimes I can circumvent this). I also dropped revenge after day 3 as I would only be losing more points should my def be broken (12 points won, 20 lost) - something I wanted to avoid. My biggest disappointment is the roster itself. When seeing the same 30 people coming up on my list it makes me feel sorry for them for attacking non-stop. Why on earth does it work this way? Jofer and Nicko rarely popped up, but I think I attacked Gmac, Chaosego, Silentknight and many others at least 6-10 times when I was PVPing heavily. This is purely nonsense. And Gmac - I was just in a battle with you when Arena reset after my victory, then the fresh list brought you first immediately.

Personal feedback & reward

I did end up at 5th place. My 3 G/A souls gave nothing, and all 3 of my Shards went to other skills I wanted them to land on. Great. Spent 1500+ ironites for almost nothing. Also, from Thursday to Saturday I felt PVP becominng a mindless farming just as anything else in this game. Too much energy, too much time, too many ironites. Based on all of the above points and the end result, I won't be putting this much effort to PVP - will do the event of course, but I will not rush for skill shards. Not at least until I can pimp my defense.

TL;DR: PVP still needs lots of tweaks to be balanced and enjoyable so I won't make this rush again. And I'd share the eternal rewards for at least top 3, if NF congratulates and puts them on display.

Caretaker
03-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Nice! Congrats!
Well, against other prisoners your troll is a week spot snd should do something wicked with talismans. Think what else do you have that'd help against pris teams and not suffer too much from non pris.

Kris-0707
03-12-2017, 10:21 PM
This week I finished at rank 11, didn't pay to much attention, haven't bought any SoW.

My team was the same as per week 1-3: V-King, Prisoner, CG, Red Troll.

I'm quite bored and sick of playing against mummies, guys please try out different Eddies.

Fister
03-12-2017, 10:23 PM
ShaolinLondo attacked others almost FOUR TIMES as much as you, yet was attacked just short of 100 times less. Neither of you have Prisoners.

Arena lists are still really screwed up...

Could be @Shaolinlondos defense team scares other players more and therefore get less attacks.

Enti
03-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Nice! Congrats!
Well, against other prisoners your troll is a week spot snd should do something wicked with talismans. Think what else do you have that'd help against pris teams and not suffer too much from non pris.

Thanks! I'd love to draw CG from book of souls and replace troll with him, but I still didn't manage to get hold of one. Maybe later :D

gmac
03-12-2017, 11:06 PM
@Enti
You are wrong, youīre the best chance against Jofer right now... 2 or 3 rounds each battle.... Ouch.... I canīt do this at the moment.
And Iīm sorry about yesterday, I was cheering for Silientknight, I like the guy and I should have said "run like a maniac" instead of "I think youīre safe".
Souls from Arena suck for me too, 5 weeks in a row now.
Nice post you made and congratulations, your run was awesome.

@CanyptianFit
About your streak, you did not draw, I did as far as I can remember (maybe thatīs why they changed the rules)
Your streak is far more more valuable.
You are also a force in the game.

Cheers,
Gmac

HomemLivre
03-13-2017, 12:33 AM
This week I finished at rank 11, didn't pay to much attention, haven't bought any SoW.

I'm quite bored and sick of playing against mummies, guys please try out different Eddies.

LoL, this is Completely Absurd!!!
And this is not your fault, Kris, please dont get me wrong. Any dev can please give us a REAL solution about this? How the f*** we are supposed to be competitive in this way???????
People getting attacked 20 times few vs people getting attacked 400 times and more. (y)

Hypnos
03-13-2017, 12:36 AM
And this is not your fault, Kris, please dont get me wrong. Any dev can please give us a REAL solution about this? How the f*** we are supposed to be competitive in this way???????
People getting attacked 20 times few vs people getting attacked 400 times and more. (y)

completely agree - it's simply unfair.

Chaosego888
03-13-2017, 12:54 AM
OK, I tried something different this week, Fought every battle with the same offense this week...except one battle with a team that is kicking my ass... lost again even worse... I will figure that one out later.

ATK 89% (354/402)
DEF 19% (67/360)

I tried something new this week since I had free time. Got 5 eleven hour work days this week, just wanted to see how far I will fall... I will play as much this week as time & insomnia provide, Troopers first. I haven't tried new talismans yet because I haven't had extra time to. After these few weeks of evaluating, the only advantage of the prisoner is having it to play passive free, simple as that. Hail Nicko for keeping this community together.

Chaosego888
03-13-2017, 12:58 AM
...also not one for apologizing but RCarter, you are on my list every damn time it refeshes...

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Could be @Shaolinlondos defense team scares other players more and therefore get less attacks.

Highly unlikely. Felice will be the first to tell you that...

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:09 AM

There's a bug in the system that benefits certain players where they can rank fairly high without a lot of effort thanks to minimal attacks. It's a known issue. The problem is we don't know how prevalent it is.

Most of us here who play regularly seem to get 300-400 attacks. Then there are the outliers. It's kind of like getting a Cyborg Eddie with one soul where someone blows 100 souls and doesn't get one. But the problem is that when these lucky players rank - someone who possibly worked a lot harder didn't. And that is absolutely unfair.

It would be nice if the developers posted a chart of the top 25 last week - without names - simply showing how many times they were attacked. It would let us know how prevalent of an issue this really is so we can make an informed decision how seriously we want to compete.

It seems there are always a couple each week with low attacks but - anecdotally - they seem to be the lucky exception. We really have no idea how unfair this is without the stats

Chaosego888
03-13-2017, 01:12 AM

2606Kris, I am sick as you of seeing Mummy Eddie, however it is up to whoever is writing code for A.I. to make something else relevant... I have always liked the Mummy, he was my first champion so I already had him half skill sharded before PvP beta. I really wan't to try something new, just don't know what to do with my skill shards and Grim Reaper Eddie will be the last thing I touch...most likely...

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:13 AM
Hail Nicko for keeping this community together.

Thanks! But certainly not needed. Half the fun of this game IS the community and the awesome players who post here. Really glad there's so much open dialogue to make things better!

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:16 AM
Kris, I am sick as you of seeing Mummy Eddie, however it is up to whoever is writing code for A.I. to make something else relevant... I have always liked the Mummy, he was my first champion so I already had him half skill sharded before PvP beta. I really wan't to try something new, just don't know what to do with my skill shards and Grim Reaper Eddie will be the last thing I touch...most likely...

There were a few of you visionaries like Kardas and Vasodin who saw greatness in the Mummy before PvP ;)

I used to be pretty meh on Grim Reaper too. But he really is a blast once you make the investment...

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 01:17 AM
It would be nice if the developers posted a chart of the top 25 last week - without names - simply showing how many times they were attacked. It would let us know how prevalent of an issue this really is so we can make an informed decision how seriously we want to compete.

Hopefully u can get something outta them cuz even when u post that they have an incorrect date for arena event they don't even have the decency to respond!

RCarter
03-13-2017, 03:41 AM
...also not one for apologizing but RCarter, you are on my list every damn time it refeshes...

Dont feel bad brother. In fact, I am trying out no revenge attacks for a while. See how that goes on my number of defenses by weeks end. It cracks me up seeing people gettng attacked just a handful of times, comparatively speaking that is, complaining that they are getting bored.

Hey, since you seem to draw my name a bunch, any suggestions or feedback about my defense?

Chaosego888
03-13-2017, 04:04 AM
There were a few of you visionaries like Kardas and Vasodin who saw greatness in the Mummy before PvP ;)

I used to be pretty meh on Grim Reaper too. But he really is a blast once you make the investment...
Man, I really love Grim Reaper, It is just the skill shard investment is insane and in PvP he will dive headfirst into the void shield and kill his entire team. I had a trooper that had a maxed Grim Reaper and played with it a good bit. Cyborg Eddie is my favorite of course and Enkilol has my favorite team in arena. He changed to Mummy for a little while earlier and thankfully changed it back.

Chaosego888
03-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Dont feel bad brother. In fact, I am trying out no revenge attacks for a while. See how that goes on my number of defenses by weeks end. It cracks me up seeing people gettng attacked just a handful of times, comparatively speaking that is, complaining that they are getting bored.

Hey, since you seem to draw my name a bunch, any suggestions or feedback about my defense?
Send me a private message and I will respond with feedback. I can't figure out how to send one on mobile but I can reply. I will say this much, When the invisibility on the Desert Marauder and Prisoner activate at the same time it's badass. That was the time I lost but with that Marksman passive, it probably doesn't happen as much as it should

Tritium
03-13-2017, 04:39 AM
Like RCarter, I'm also trying a minimal revenges strategy this week ─ mostly because I've been clearing attack lists for the extra 2 SOW for the PVP event going on this week.

I agree with everyone who believes that the endless Mummy Eddies are getting stale. I've been using GRE for a while now, but mine is unfortunately nowhere near being maxed. I do plan on maxing his basic and fury if luck ends up on my side and then laying off him for a while. With some more luck, I'll hopefully be able to pull a Cyborg or Navigator Eddie and then max those guys out with time. I've got a great idea for a Cyborg-centric PVP team, but unfortunately it requires some incredibly rare characters. Even so, it's fun to think of unique team comps!

90mphyorker
03-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Attack wins 72% 134/185
Defence wins 22% 47/216

Statistics no way near as impressive as some people here.

Kris-0707
03-13-2017, 12:08 PM

completely agree - it's simply unfair.

I was wonder why I haven't been attacked the same as you guys but to be honest I dont't really care about that. Since yesterdays reset I've been attacked 16 times only.
For me all that defense tab within the arena is pointless. PVP should be focused just on the attack.
The other thing is the stupid AI. I can manage to have a lot of win streaks in the row very easily, but sometimes this requires thinking and separate strategy, fighting against odd combos (stupid, bad designed mummy with SSD and other taunting, freezing crap). What usually happens when myself or probably all of you guys log off and leave your team in AI hands? Drop of points, loosing rank etc. - sounds familiar? IMHO, ranking points should be gained ONLY when WE ARE using our team not the AI.
I know, that some of you will disagree with that. I'm sure that AI playing taunting, freezing mummies teams can manage to win a lot of fights, especially with the badly designed start of the battle. I mentioned about that in one of the topics, that the start of the battle is very unfair and should be redesigned - to have ability of use only one toon per team at the first round just to prepare for the battle.
Instead of that, devs implemented new talismans, which I think are pretty much useless and don't do the job.

Aristo4
03-13-2017, 01:17 PM
I was wonder why I haven't been attacked the same as you guys but to be honest I dont't really care about that. Since yesterdays reset I've been attacked 16 times only.

You don't care about the primary reason why you ranked so high 2 weeks in a row? very nice.

RCarter
03-13-2017, 01:45 PM
You don't care about the primary reason why you ranked so high 2 weeks in a row? very nice.

I dont blame him for not caring that much about the differences in attacks against. Shit, if I was attacked less than 60 times, I would hope they would never address it...

Lol

Kidding of course. Not about not blaming him for not caring. The difference in attacks against is lame, and pretty discouraging. Makes PvP a real drag knowing that it doesnt matter how solid my strategies are, RNGesus will smile on some, and shit on others.

Yee haw

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Kris,

I'm not sure you appreciate how lucky you are.

To be direct, the only reason you're placing well at this point is luck. If you were attacked 385 times like many of us you'd be very middle of the pack. Perhaps then you'd care - perhaps you wouldn't. Not everyone does and some are just using PvP to earn Iron Coins for souls, Skillshards etc.

Thanks for posting though - its really appreciated and helps us see where improvements are needed. I hope you - and others with low numbers of attacks - continue to post so we can see how this issue fares over time.

Nicko
03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
The difference in attacks against is lame, and pretty discouraging. Makes PvP a real drag knowing that it doesnt matter how solid my strategies are, RNGesus will smile on some, and shit on others.

Yee haw

Agreed.

Sparton - what is the status of a fix for this?

Thanks

Shaolin85london
03-13-2017, 03:04 PM

Trust me, nobody is scared of my defense team, but it know that I revenge all the time, inside the 20 times allow x day xD

Sag7272
03-13-2017, 04:10 PM
Trust me, nobody is scared of my defense team, but it know that I revenge all the time, inside the 20 times allow x day xD
I confirm.. if you see me on your defense tab, sooner than later you'll be on mine :)

Kris-0707
03-13-2017, 06:08 PM

Mate, I don't care, because this is not my fault that not too many people wants to attack me, what do you think I supposed to do with that? :rolleyes:

Kris,

I'm not sure you appreciate how lucky you are.

To be direct, the only reason you're placing well at this point is luck. If you were attacked 385 times like many of us you'd be very middle of the pack. Perhaps then you'd care - perhaps you wouldn't. Not everyone does and some are just using PvP to earn Iron Coins for souls, Skillshards etc.

Thanks for posting though - its really appreciated and helps us see where improvements are needed. I hope you - and others with low numbers of attacks - continue to post so we can see how this issue fares over time.

Nicko, it's not about appreciation fact that I'm lucky or not. If I will be attacked 385 times like many of you I will accept the challenge and will do my best to climb up at the ranking ladder to prove that my team won't be in the middle of the pack as you said.

I will continue to post my weekly statistics because this is not a secret and most important thing - guys, this is just the game :)

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Just fought Shaolinlondo's Navigator & it seems as stupid as 90% of the other Eddie's. Was only 1 match but both moves were stupid!

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Mate, I don't care, because this is not my fault that not too many people wants to attack me, what do you think I supposed to do with that? :rolleyes:

Nicko, it's not about appreciation fact that I'm lucky or not. If I will be attacked 385 times like many of you I will accept the challenge and will do my best to climb up at the ranking ladder to prove that my team won't be in the middle of the pack as you said.

I will continue to post my weekly statistics because this is not a secret and most important thing - guys, this is just the game :)

I knew what u meant but some people r gunna take it the wrong way. People would attack you but ur never on the lists. Think I may have seen u once,that's it.
It's the same with all the bugs,might as well take advantage of em cuz 95% of the rest do!

Aristo4
03-13-2017, 08:05 PM

OK then, lets forget if you care or not. Fact is people would attack you 100% like everyone of us if you appeared on the lists...then everything would be different and you'd need 1000+ more ironite to rank where you did...if at all.
Also you're not supposed to do anything, and no one said its your fault.....its a MFking bug that is yet to be resolved. The threads of nicko are created so we see weird things, and report so this goddamned game one day finds its way.

Sparton_LOTB
03-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Sparton - what is the status of a fix for this?

I'm actually discussing changes to the matchmaking system with the programmer most familiar with how it works in parallel with catching up with this and other threads. I imagine we'll be iterating on this for some time, but the core problem of some people being attacked way more than they're attacking should be improved within the next update or two, along with other changes to improve various aspects of matchmaking.

gmac
03-13-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm actually discussing changes to the matchmaking system with the programmer most familiar with how it works in parallel with catching up with this and other threads. I imagine we'll be iterating on this for some time, but the core problem of some people being attacked way more than they're attacking should be improved within the next update or two, along with other changes to improve various aspects of matchmaking.

Hi Sparton,

Are you planning limiting attacks received on % of attacks made? If so, what would the percentage be? (This would be totally awesome)

(Attacks I received are almost triple what Iīve made so far this week)

Cheers,
Gmac

Sparton_LOTB
03-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Are you planning limiting attacks received on % of attacks made? If so, what would the percentage be? (This would be totally awesome)

(Attacks I received are almost triple what Iīve made so far this week)

Right now we're looking at calculating the ratio of attacks:defenses; the smaller than number (ie the more you've been attacked compared to have attacked), the less likely you'll be to appear in an attack list.

Caretaker
03-13-2017, 10:36 PM

Just got back from Accept & Sabaton's show in time to play rest of the troopers (1 macl0 on one GRE, sry). Not even close to the Book of Souls.
Wanted to say this before but was in a hurry..
Well said. Tnx for bringing this up for comparison and you should continue to not care as you've said. It's up to NF. Everyone would do so. Don't change any of your pvp or pve teams for the love of Legacy and enjoy it. Good news from Sparton it is being coped with.

mjmxiii
03-13-2017, 11:53 PM
I don't change up any chars in PvP. Not on attack or defense. Ever.

Gotta have Mummy out there on DEF or else have no Stun or Taunt to match everyone's favourite strategy.

No counter for it till I max up the Ass Dog I pulled Saturday.

Gimp Norris only seems to be getting stronger as the weeks go by. Still hunt him all week long.

Just going through the motions at this point....

Go 2nd against certain teams = autoplay x 2.

300 matches = YAWN (I'll take those gifts for playing though)

Last week's numbers:
ATK - 78% (127/162)
DEF - 29% (89/311)

I dont know how you guys do it, I have all the time in the world and it still baffles me when I see people with over 600 attacks per week. Putting life on hold for LotB or what?? Thought I loved the game but after some consideration, I think I just really like it a lot and even thats begun to fade. 50 Troopers and 50 PvP battles every day this week is really testing my commitment.... It's only Monday and I'm already feeling like a slave to the grind

treeb0mbb
03-14-2017, 12:23 AM
I don't change up any chars in PvP. Not on attack or defense. Ever.

Gotta have Mummy out there on DEF or else have no Stun or Taunt to match everyone's favourite strategy.

No counter for it till I max up the Ass Dog I pulled Saturday.

Gimp Norris only seems to be getting stronger as the weeks go by. Still hunt him all week long.

Just going through the motions at this point....

Go 2nd against certain teams = autoplay x 2.

300 matches = YAWN (I'll take those gifts for playing though)

Last week's numbers:
ATK - 78% (127/162)
DEF - 29% (89/311)

I dont know how you guys do it, I have all the time in the world and it still baffles me when I see people with over 600 attacks per week. Putting life on hold for LotB or what?? Thought I loved the game but after some consideration, I think I just really like it a lot and even thats begun to fade. 50 Troopers and 50 PvP battles every day this week is really testing my commitment.... It's only Monday and I'm already feeling like a slave to the grind

Same story here man just trying to survive in PVP as I don't have that great of a team yet.

Btw whos gimp norris? lol

RACCAR-8000
03-14-2017, 07:09 AM
My stats are ok not great , thing is that I get in the top 100 then it's a brick wall of super guys . Think my higheast rank was 33. I'll get lucky sometimes like I beat Astro the other day but against him I got one win five loses. So I slide back down then I can start winning again. I attack everyone tho, jofer, gmac , I always think there's a chance I'll win. Until I get my skill shards in order I'm just kinda in 100-200 limbo. 💀

PerthEddie
03-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Btw whos gimp norris? lol

The Prisoner :D :D :D

scott-5496
03-14-2017, 10:57 AM
I am still grinding too and it does get pretty boring but it has to be done to keep up. I have went back to Mummy based defence - my defence was terrible last week when I was messing around with different Eddies and toons but really a week or two of bad defence was enough so gone with the masses and Mummy now in with Prisoner. With the Mummy on I am getting around 19-20% holds. My attacks are usually around 90% or a little more. This week is different - the event has increased attacks though the proportion is still about the same with attacks on me around double my attacks on others - that really has not changed much since I started PVP. Each week I will try to get higher than the week before but not willing to spend to much ironite on it - usually average one or two refills a day is I have time - over a week that usually balances out with ironite gains grinding - so it sort of works.

Not sure I will bother with much revenge this week as it doesn't count to the 300 target but I noticed several people going for me on multiple occasions after being held.

I have to say that I have played a lot of the top tier guys this week and their defence teams are not amazing - the one struggle for me was Caretakers 3 AGS - was not ready for that as lost the coin toss and was struggling very quickly - I wonder what his stats are like for defence as that combination is one that beats me, especially if I lose the coin toss.

Bottom line is I still play lots and still liking the game - PVP is worth it for me too as I know I cant do the top 10 or maybe even top 25 but I think top 25 will be a target once the event is done. I must admit I would like some of the top prizes!

Frost
03-14-2017, 01:26 PM
F'n'Chuck'Prisoner'Norris: around 30% defense rate.

Non F'n'Chuck'Prisoner'Norris: around 5% defense rate.

Seens balanced.

Baba-8301
03-14-2017, 01:48 PM
I manage 25% plus without using Mr Norris (GRE, blue bat, SSD, red pyro most of the time). I guess that is winning about half the time that my team goes first.

Ubajoa
03-14-2017, 03:42 PM

A little late, but here are my stats, no prisoner. Is really hard to recover from 400 attacks but I just had to.

compurocker
03-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Here are my stats for last week with Prisoner.

Tritium
03-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Here are my stats for last week with Prisoner.

Wow, your hold rate is incredible! Awesome job!

Ian
03-14-2017, 06:57 PM
Wow, your hold rate is incredible! Awesome job!

With Prisoner probably helps.

Tritium
03-14-2017, 07:02 PM
With Prisoner probably helps.

He has a high hold rate even for having a Prisoner. Most Prisoner teams seem to report around a high 20s to low 30s (25-32%) percent win rate.

compurocker
03-14-2017, 07:10 PM
It could be because I usually don't play much Arena until Friday or Saturday. Being lower in the ranks for much of the week I am probably being attacked by weaker teams on average. After my final push on Saturday, my hold rate is usually pretty poor for a while right after reset, probably better teams attacking me then.

Will be interesting to see if it's any different this week since I have started playing more Arena for the special rewards.

Sag7272
03-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Last week was disappointing, being away by the end of week didn't help for sure, been attacked a tad more than usual but also been testing a lot of teams, maybe some where not frightening enough... Also played a lot less so relatively been attacked way more than usual if I compare % of my own attacks...
Week 4
Att-246
Def-366

For comparison..
Week 3
Att-525
Def-336

Caretaker
03-14-2017, 09:08 PM
I have to say that I have played a lot of the top tier guys this week and their defence teams are not amazing - the one struggle for me was Caretakers 3 AGS - was not ready for that as lost the coin toss and was struggling very quickly - I wonder what his stats are like for defence as that combination is one that beats me, especially if I lose the coin toss

That def wears no immunity, you just made wrong choice of toons. You need to cc them not to crit yours, perhaps some shielding, and true dmg not to get yourself taunted to voids. Something that would remove endure and you'll be fine. Yeah, except from Nicko, Educated and Shaolin I'm not sure anyone else didn't taste that defs first turn. Cool. Now it's at 28% out of 209 attacks sufferd on lower tiers. Though I show up on lots of high ranked lists too. When I'm high in points it's probably 5% hold. Last week stats are on first page.

Funny when I think of it. My def are all natural 3*. And I attack with three natural 4*+ one 3*.

Shifter
03-14-2017, 09:52 PM
it is getting ridiculous now. Grind out to around 1880 and in a matter of an hour i was attacked 20 times, back down to 1650. I can't tell if the first 9 attacks were revenges because the next 10 hid them. Out of the ones I can see one is a revenge.

At this rate my new Attacks will double last weeks 442 attacks.

Edit: Add 1 more in the time it took to write this.

Ian
03-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Yeah that happened to me 2 weeks ago, got into top 100 but couldn't make 2100vp for the next rank because of incoming attacks pegoing me back. After that I give up taking Arena seriously because why should I lose so many point's when it's not me but the retarded AI thats losing those matches?

Will be worse this week for sure, as I have already had more attacks by today (Tuesday) than I suffered in a whole week before

Enkilol
03-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Man, I really love Grim Reaper, It is just the skill shard investment is insane and in PvP he will dive headfirst into the void shield and kill his entire team. I had a trooper that had a maxed Grim Reaper and played with it a good bit. Cyborg Eddie is my favorite of course and Enkilol has my favorite team in arena. He changed to Mummy for a little while earlier and thankfully changed it back.

Hi, i'm glad to see you like my team :) but i dont belive that cyborg eddie is really good for defence team. I only had 24% of win out of 390 attacks last week. I'll maybe change my hellhound wich is quite useless vs prisoners. Any advice?

Askora
03-15-2017, 04:41 AM
My stats for last week, placed 91st (2058 points) with a not so great 67%(107/159) on Attack and 4%(2/47) on Defense. I would like to see the lists improved, even if it means a drop in my rank. I think I can still do fairly well as it won't be just me seeing more attacks, it would be everyone who currently enjoys the anonymity.

Kind of ignore the revenge thing, for me it's just clearing the list to earn a couple of SoW and some Iron coins. This week also going for the other bonuses. The few ironite for placing top 100 are nice, but not a huge draw. Maybe one of those souls can get me another Warrior Undead Rescuer, or something else that is similarly crippled.

Think I've had most of the people in this thread on my list at least once, some fairly often. Don't take it wrong if I hit your team several times, it's the list. On the bright side, if it takes me three tries to bring your team down you actually came out ahead. Sometimes it's a good defense, sometimes it's just the RNG. Yesterday lost 9 out of 10 on coin toss, had 4 of those where my team stayed stunned or taunted the entire time. Got so frustrated with it, I autoplayed a couple of rounds. I've pretty much got none of the toons I've seen on the hardest defenses other than mummy.

Tritium
03-15-2017, 05:33 AM
I've noticed an increase in Red Pyros and Green Droids this week. Seems like the meta may be shifting to toons who can cast immunity (and make use of the immunity talis on Prisoner teams to guarantee they can cast their AOE immunity buff).

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 01:39 AM
Devs simply used to ignore me when I talk about the number of attacks Im receiving in all the weeks since the launch of the game!!!!
Just a little remmember:
- Week 3: 466
- Week 4: 424
- Current Week: 306.

This is tottaly ridiculous! Its almost impossible to play agains players being attacked 13 times the whole week!!!

Can you devs please say what your going to do? Im tired wait being a punching bag when you guys try to figure out what to do and dont even report about it!

Nicko
03-16-2017, 03:31 AM
Devs simply used to ignore me when I talk about the number of attacks Im receiving in all the weeks since the launch of the game!!!!
Just a little remmember:

This is tottaly ridiculous! Its almost impossible to play agains players being attacked 13 times the whole week!!!

Can you devs please say what your going to do? Im tired wait being a punching bag when you guys try to figure out what to do and dont even report about it!

Sparton already said a few pages back that they're working on it. I'm sure they don't want to see an imbalance week after week either. And FYI - I've been attacked a couple more times than you this week - not a stat I like to see ;). But I'm not surprised - I think the PvP bonuses have generated a lot of activity so a spike in attacks is to be expected.

Jofer16
03-16-2017, 04:31 AM
Just a little remmember:

I've been attacked 376 times so far this week, and here I was thinking this was normal for all players the entire time :)

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 04:40 AM
I've been attacked 376 times so far this week, and here I was thinking this was normal for all players the entire time :)

Sadly its not, theyr taking to long to fix this, looks like they want some players to spend more money in the store in the need to be part of a broken pvp...

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Sparton already said a few pages back that they're working on it. I'm sure they don't want to see an imbalance week after week either. And FYI - I've been attacked a couple more times than you this week - not a stat I like to see ;). But I'm not surprised - I think the PvP bonuses have generated a lot of activity so a spike in attacks is to be expected.

I knew what he said and that isnt enough, not for me getting attacked 400+ ALL THE WEEKS. They just say "we are working on it" and nothing is done!
Im getting tired of this, lots of things to be fixed that injures a few players and they are occupied releasing new content...

"Yeah, Prisoner problem will be solved with the new talisman"... Great, that just buff even more the prisoner teams, what make me believe that they are not even testing what theyr releasing...

So much problemas, so many words and nothing being done.

surfingwithdje
03-16-2017, 04:59 PM

376 times isn't a lot in regards with your battles number Jofer...

Homemlivre, how many teams have you attaqued last week ?

Last week i attacked 306 times and being attaqued 313 times
This week 349/257 (before the weekend rush...)
I noticed that i was less attacked when playing a serial of battles... only revenges... Maybe we don't appear on attack lists when we are climbing the ranking ?
Or maybe some teams are more frightening than others lol

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 07:23 PM
376 times isn't a lot in regards with your battles number Jofer...

Homemlivre, how many teams have you attaqued last week ?

Last week i attacked 306 times and being attaqued 313 times
This week 349/257 (before the weekend rush...)
I noticed that i was less attacked when playing a serial of battles... only revenges... Maybe we don't appear on attack lists when we are climbing the ranking ?
Or maybe some teams are more frightening than others lol

I attacked 254 times and get attacked 424 times last week.
The defense team is not an issue to anyone anymore, people dont care about it atm. The problem is how much time people are showed of in attack list.

zamasu
03-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Homemlivre ... All I can say is that 80% of the time you're in my attack list. sorry lol

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Homemlivre ... All I can say is that 80% of the time you're in my attack list. sorry lol

I noticed that Zamasu lol, but I cant blame you.
The problem consists in a bug with the list that is not fixed and hurt very bad me and some other players. As you can see I attacked almost 200 times less then I got attacked, when some players just need to atack a maximun of 100 times and get attacked less then 15 to be within the rank 15+, this is a terrible "joke".
Just getting tired of this sh*t!

Shifter
03-16-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm with Homemlivre here. amount of attacks is ridiculous.

Last week I attacked 146 times got attacked 442 times. This week i am going for the Spartan 300 so I expect a few more. Currently at 178 attacks. got attacked 306 times. I go from the hight top 100 to 1-2k overnight.

And yes the same people just keep coming up on my list over and over.

HomemLivre
03-16-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm with Homemlivre here. amount of attacks is ridiculous.

Last week I attacked 146 times got attacked 442 times. This week i am going for the Spartan 300 so I expect a few more. Currently at 178 attacks. got attacked 306 times. I go from the hight top 100 to 1-2k overnight.

And yes the same people just keep coming up on my list over and over.

They said they are working to fix it as soon as possible... oh, wait! New event to encourage people to attack even more! Thats a fantastic idea! (joke)

This event is great but at the wrong time, solve the problems looks to be far away and we just need to "be calm" and wait...sooner or later will be a fix for this... (like the poor Visions Eddie that was not fixed since his release).

druid138
03-16-2017, 10:29 PM
solve the problems looks to be far away and we just need to "be calm" and wait...sooner or later will be a fix for this... (like the poor Visions Eddie that was not fixed since his release).

What's up with Visions? I'm out of the loop.

druid138-6195

HomemLivre
03-17-2017, 01:49 AM
What's up with Visions? I'm out of the loop.

druid138-6195

His Equillibrium skill just cleanse in the first turn. In the second it just heal.

zamasu
03-17-2017, 08:58 PM
I noticed that Zamasu lol, but I cant blame you.
The problem consists in a bug with the list that is not fixed and hurt very bad me and some other players. As you can see I attacked almost 200 times less then I got attacked, when some players just need to atack a maximun of 100 times and get attacked less then 15 to be within the rank 15+, this is a terrible "joke".
Just getting tired of this sh*t!

I know, I am getting tired of the same people showing up in the list that needs to be fixed ASAP. I attacked 300+ already but I got attacked more than 300 too ... I woke up this morning with 68 attacks.

HomemLivre
03-17-2017, 10:31 PM
I know, I am getting tired of the same people showing up in the list that needs to be fixed ASAP. I attacked 300+ already but I got attacked more than 300 too ... I woke up this morning with 68 attacks.

Yeah, I know the feeling and want to apologize with the guys that I just attacked more then 3 times a day, i really try to skip the same names. I got attacked 429 times until now, time to break some records tomorrow! Thanks devs to make possible this try of mine on this record!
And I dont even got the Spartan 300...