PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding skills

Monte47
03-12-2017, 04:42 PM
When you click on the "skills" tab of a character, under the "passive" skill, there are two "talisman" boxes. What is that slot for?

gmac
03-12-2017, 04:51 PM
When you click on the "skills" tab of a character, under the "passive" skill, there are two "talisman" boxes. What is that slot for?

Hey man,

Some talisman can give you some power skills, like: meteor, comet, death, cyclone, explosive... But I donīt think they are dropping anymore.

Monte47
03-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Hey man,

Some talisman can give you some power skills, like: meteor, comet, death, cyclone, explosive... But I donīt think they are dropping anymore.

Ah ok, thank you for replying.

Sidney
03-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Hey man,

Also, it's not free... I invested in some resources into talismans when I started the game only to find out they don't act like a true passive... you have to spend energy to use them. I pick more cautiously these days. Those friggin meteor talismans cost 10... just don't know if they are worth it.

The Educated fool
03-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Also, it's not free... I invested in some resources into talismans when I started the game only to find out they don't act like a true passive... you have to spend energy to use them. I pick more cautiously these days. Those friggin meteor talismans cost 10... just don't know if they are worth it.

I'm something of an enthusiast when it comes to the Power Skill group of talismans, and I've maxed out a set of every one of them at one time or another (with the exception of the Explosive Talismans, which I've yet to try in any way... anyone know if they apply to the whole team or just the user, like the Cyclones?) and they certainly are a bit hit or miss.

In terms of which ones are worth developing, in my experience, the Death and Meteor Talismans are the only ones I've found that really reward the investment. The Comet Talismans are cool, but the Sorcery incarnation of them are useless, and definitely not worth levelling (low damage, and not nearly as many freezes as you'd imagine, based on the cost... especially given how much HP you have to sacrifice to use them). The Arcane Comet Talismans that I got to try a few times on a trooper's Commander back in the day were worth developing though... it's the HP trade-off that kills it for me. Even with a completely glass-cannon build on a strong Magus character, the damage is not worth the power.

The Cyclone Talismans' skill seems promising, and I had imagined it might be useful in the Arena, but since the shield only protects the wearer, they aren't worth the damage trade-off, in my opinion.

The Meteor Talismans are fun though, and they can really breathe new life into some otherwise easily forgotten characters... :cool: Not vital in any way, but cool to play with. (It's still fun to crush poor ol' Horus with 'em to this day, from time to time... lol)

Monte47
03-20-2017, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=The Educated fool;33554]I'm something of an enthusiast when it comes to the Power Skill group of talismans, and I've maxed out a set of every one of them at one time or another (with the exception of the Explosive Talismans, which I've yet to try in any way... anyone know if they apply to the whole team or just the user, like the Cyclones?) and they certainly are a bit hit or miss.=QUOTE]

I am using the Explosive Shield on my AoF, they aren't maxed, but I'm not sold on keeping them on it.

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=The Educated fool;33554]I'm something of an enthusiast when it comes to the Power Skill group of talismans, and I've maxed out a set of every one of them at one time or another (with the exception of the Explosive Talismans, which I've yet to try in any way... anyone know if they apply to the whole team or just the user, like the Cyclones?) and they certainly are a bit hit or miss.=QUOTE]

I am using the Explosive Shield on my AoF, they aren't maxed, but I'm not sold on keeping them on it.

Death mark pack a punch but at 7 power points...almost useless in arena even with an extra point toon