PDA

View Full Version : How can PvP and CC be improved?

Kutte
03-13-2017, 10:01 AM
While it is nice to have a new event, it comes way too early imho.
The mechanics are still too flawed to be fun.

It's the fifth Week now and i think that many players encountered the autoplay problem on the own team and/or facing the same 2 teams ad nauseam by now.
I just "played" against Mummy, Prisoner, blue General and SSD - one of the two "Endgame" teams. He got first. It took 5 or 6 rounds before he killed me but i never had a single chance to do anything.
This is extremly common at higher Ranks.
The new Talismans don't help at all. They are way to expensive and restricted to green and yellow only. They are worthless in the second round, first with siege.
The lower Ranks have some great, fun teams with various toons and i've seen some very interesting fights on my life partners account.

Of course i also use SSD and sometimes Mummy with CC, it simply makes no sense using any other toons. My CRE isn't skilled, and probably won't be ever.

I'm most certainly not complaining because of loosing too many fights. I'm at #14 and only lost 30 Ranks (from under #20) over night.
I'm just a common player. And playing should be rewarding and fun - not the opposite.

There must be a way who to make CC work and PvP worth to waste time.

Baba-8301
03-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Make taunted hits perfect - that way the taunted player loses control of which move to make, but their basic attack has a chance to proc talismans. It would kill taunt/blind as a strategy though.

Sag7272
03-13-2017, 02:40 PM
... For those CC top teams, just one immunity set on the right toon can do it, won't go too deep in strategic but against most prisoners teams I usually don't even bring mine, so far for prisoners being their own real counter, since new tallismans it's even easier, just putting 1rst turn immunity to a immunity caster or a cleanser & control comes back 2nd turn.. CC/Prisoners teams are easier to take down now than many lower ranked teams with a good strategy, those tallismans are already very powerful on offense... I know I'm on the good side of the fence but.. Teams will have to adapt in a way or another SSD & mummy will be loosing grip more & more as players will learn to use new stuff..

True that it's a tad soon to release an event while most "prisoners fighters" haven't time to set things up yet.. Maybe Sacrifice is around the curb & they wanted to split realeases, hope it's only that!

gmac
03-13-2017, 03:12 PM
... For those CC top teams, just one immunity set on the right toon can do it, won't go too deep in strategic but against most prisoners teams I usually don't even bring mine, so far for prisoners being their own real counter, since new tallismans it's even easier, just putting 1rst turn immunity to a immunity caster or a cleanser & control comes back 2nd turn.. CC/Prisoners teams are easier to take down now than many lower ranked teams with a good strategy, those tallismans are already very powerful on offense... I know I'm on the good side of the fence but.. Teams will have to adapt in a way or another SSD & mummy will be loosing grip more & more as players will learn to use new stuff..

True that it's a tad soon to release an event while most "prisoners fighters" haven't time to set things up yet.. Maybe Sacrifice is around the curb & they wanted to split realeases, hope it's only that!

Guys,

Mummy or Visions to cleanse first round and/or w pyro or s corrupt droid to cast immunity (and other toons I donīt remember).

If you donīt have one that casts immunity (I donīt) perhaps you can go with a healer or someone that casts shield.

Iīm not working on those sets yet, I have not tested this, but I think this should work.

Hell, I just canīt help myself...

Letīs take Prisoner teams DOWN!!!

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Guys,

Mummy or Visions to cleanse first round and/or w pyro or s corrupt droid to cast immunity (and other toons I donīt remember).

If you donīt have one that casts immunity (I donīt) perhaps you can go with a healer or someone that casts shield.

Iīm not working on those sets yet, I have not tested this, but I think this should work.

Hell, I just canīt help myself...

Letīs take Prisoner teams DOWN!!!

Really!!! Thx a$$hole, j/k
Believe me,people r figuring it out. Think u guys are actually helping a little too much. Personally I don't care,only here 4 fun! When I c what it cost Enti to get 5th last week it makes me happy I lost it. Also think new talismans r a joke...rich get richer! No offence guys,I'd do the same if I could afford it

Sag7272
03-13-2017, 04:04 PM

Oh, I can confirm it does.. been ripping through most top teams with an unfinished 5* immunity set... Even lvl 20 it was enough to boast a stellar 100% against CC teams.. While shelving Prisoner most of the time...
We don't know it yet but these teams are done.. Won't be the one to complain :)

Sag7272
03-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Really!!! Thx a$$hole, j/k
Believe me,people r figuring it out. Think u guys are actually helping a little too much. Personally I don't care,only here 4 fun! When I c what it cost Enti to get 5th last week it makes me happy I lost it. Also think new talismans r a joke...rich get richer! No offence guys,I'd do the same if I could afford it
Those talismans will find their way in most teams sooner or later.. It's no rocket science for everyone to figure that one out ;)

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Those talismans will find their way in most teams sooner or later.. It's no rocket science for everyone to figure that one out ;)

Hope Gmac caught the j/k. Would love to elaborate more but doctor,taxes & then work.
Cya in the arena

Kutte
03-13-2017, 04:36 PM
depends of the team. Those new talis just don't work in every toon and i don't know if they are the right answer for an imho broken CC mechanic.
It would be great if they those talis would come in all colours or maybe even colourless. Maybe something like HP +3000, MR +114 Def, 114 or something so they would fit everywhere without sacrificing too much

gmac
03-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Hope Gmac caught the j/k. Would love to elaborate more but doctor,taxes & then work.
Cya in the arena

Iīm cool man!

It was about time the game gave us something else than 2 AoS to go after Prisoner teams...

And donīt worry, the next thing for Prisoner guys is going to use AoP/Death Dog + Prisoner, then you can still use Mummy + SSD, so... back to 2 AoS?

CanyptianFit
03-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Reposting from one of my comments on the Prisoner Thread a couple months back.

Don't have a prisoner, I'm in PVP.

Thoughts on talisman solution.

1. Make this "special talisman" universal like blind/freeze.
- will neuter the prisoner, don't care what the requirements are, very bad idea. Setup 4 toon attack team with talismans and destroy.

2. Make frequency so that it is a one-off like meteor/comet and a 3 set. Maybe 1 time gift to players as they enter PVP for first time. Assume it is a 3 set, and blue with 1 arcane, 1 power, 1 sorcery. [I won't get us started on comet discussion ;) ] I would put the 3 set on mummy Eddie or green allied soldier, after first prisoner team hit, this character would have immunity, and hopefully alive, cleanse team and destroy. Still as a single 3 set, this would neuter prisoner. No matter the color, a 3 set would neuter the prisoner.

3. Make the frequency a one-off gift, and make it a 4 set. If the color of the 4 set Is green or blue, use approach above, and destroy. A 4 set of yellow or red, that might work? Purple not good idea.

Drops Mic. Boom.

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Reposting from one of my comments on the Prisoner Thread a couple months back.

Drops Mic. Boom.
K,so what about teams with all the new talismans & the Prisoner?
And who's next?

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Iīm cool man!

It was about time the game gave us something else than 2 AoS to go after Prisoner teams...

And donīt worry, the next thing for Prisoner guys is going to use AoP/Death Dog + Prisoner, then you can still use Mummy + SSD, so... back to 2 AoS?

LMAO,man up think way too much about this game! But great advice!

aevv
03-13-2017, 07:02 PM
As I see, the only thing that would make me enjoy the PVP is if each player have only one attack per turn, no the full team. Right now, the winner of my battles is the team that hits in first place in 90% of the battles. I don't even remember if i ever lost when I hit in the first place. In the few ocassions when I have defeated the enemy even if he started the battle is just because the other team is controlled by the computer and did bad choices on how to attack me.

CanyptianFit
03-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Jofer is doing that, and that will make things a wee bit more difficult from a crowd control/damage perspective when going against prisoner teams.

We will begin to see a lot more blue bats, like many have mentioned.

I'll use the talismans for sure, but I'm not a fan. Major ecosystem impact that will take time to flesh out. We will adapt.

Next shift might go back to heavier damage versus crowd control.

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 07:06 PM
As I see, the only thing that would make me enjoy the PVP is if each player have only one attack per turn, no the full team. Right now, the winner of my battles is the team that hits in first place in 90% of the battles. I don't even remember if i ever lost when I hit in the first place. In the few ocassions when I have defeated the enemy even if he started the battle is just because the other team is controlled by the computer and did bad choices on how to attack me.

Someone suggested that in beta...great idea! Wish they would have experimented more in beta! Also just 1 toon to start the battle but I think that would just prolong the agony. Alternating toons is the way to go. Would add so much more strategy. Definitely worth trying

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Yeah, Jofer is doing that, and that will make things a wee bit more difficult from a crowd control/damage perspective when going against prisoner teams.

We will begin to see a lot more blue bats, like many have mentioned.

I'll use the talismans for sure, but I'm not a fan. Major ecosystem impact that will take time to flesh out. We will adapt.

Next shift might go back to heavier damage versus crowd control.

Ditto! Working on blue bat now. Only bought 1 set of immunity & that's it. Posed to drop for free in BNW,whenever that happens

gmac
03-13-2017, 07:16 PM
LMAO,man up think way too much about this game! But great advice!

Not really an advise, just the way I think the game will move next weeks. First Prisoner teams take a hit, than people figure this out and we start seeing lots of blue bats e death dogs along with the Prisoner.

Is there a toon that cleanse with a mandatory yellow? Or that can cast immunity? Because otherwise those talismans will be countered this way. Perhaps those immunity should be green, or one green that multiplies other talismans effects by 2... donīt know... but right now not reeeeally a counter to the Prisoner.

I thought maybe that gunner undead soldier had a yellow, so at least you could heal, but no, 3 mandatory reds.

Yeah, this game is always on my mind... kind of sucks.

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Not really an advise, just the way I think the game will move next weeks. First Prisoner teams take a hit, than people figure this out and we start seeing lots of blue bats e death dogs along with the Prisoner.

Is there a toon that cleanse with a mandatory yellow? Or that can cast immunity? Because otherwise those talismans will be countered this way. Perhaps those immunity should be green, or one green that multiplies other talismans effects by 2... donīt know... but right now not, reeeeally a counter to the Prisoner.

I thought maybe that gunner undead soldier had a yellow, so at least you could heal, but no, 3 mandatory reds.

Yeah, this game is always on my mind... kind of sucks.

Yeah but ur damn good @ it!

gmac
03-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Yeah but ur damn good @ it!

You see Enti, thatīs why I like the guy, he lies to me!

Silentknight
03-13-2017, 07:29 PM
You see Enti, thatīs why I like the guy, he lies to me!

LOL,half the fun of the game is in here!

Fudjo
03-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Get rid of Freeze, Stun, and Taunt. They're bad effects to have in the game because they prevent people from playing.

Killhouse
03-13-2017, 09:29 PM
My thoughts are to add a diminishing return factor to status effects. So when you have taunt on a hit all character (mummy/ssd), each successive taunt has a lower probability to proc. So 40% for the first taunt to apply, then 10% less for each additional effect.

There's no reason taunt should be applied to every character in one hit. Same goes for all effects.

aevv
03-15-2017, 07:03 PM
9 times in a row, I go in second place, the probability for it to happens is under 0,2%. I lost 8 of those 9 fights. I still haven't been defeated when I go first, I suppose it would chenge in the higher ranks. So how can i enjoy a game that almost always win the one who hit in the first place? So I've decided to leave PVP until there is a radical change in the game.

Ok, don't forget that I'm playing this game just because I'm an Iron Maiden fan and all I want is to collect Eddies. It went well in the christmas special where I get 4 of the 5 special characters including the coalgiver Eddie, but I've bought 30 nautic souls and all I get were two useless corrupt droids that I didn't have.

What about the new worlds. My team right now is so strong that probably they won't supposse any challenge. So was the purpose of go on in the game? I cannot see it.

Probably will go back in the future to see if there have been any change, but for now I'm out.

bfoc
03-26-2017, 04:46 PM
- increase the attackers odds to win coin flip to at last 80%
- balance taunting somehow, it is pointless to try when you lose your own battle without gettin a single attempt
- balance the yellow corrupt rescuer -> shielding, resurrection and immortality in same character is a bit too generous
- enable the attacker to compile the team after coin toss
- defending team should lose only 50% of points, since most attacks cant be revenged

All this would lead to more active players in pvp. Now this is stuoid. I just got up to 2000 pts. Then lost directly after coin flip 3-4 bouts and at same time my defence was broken 5 tims wo possibility to revenge.

bfoc
05-28-2017, 10:20 AM
What is the point in pvp? I win up to half of initiatives, which means that I lose 40% of bouts without striking one hit. At the same time I lose points while defending. So more I play, the worse I'm off.

Why in the hell this system is designed so that you don't benefit from being active?

Browno
05-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Work on your team bloc. If you loose by going second try to add more health to your characters. You loose less points now for a loss in defense and if the defense holds you get more points.
I just play around with defense now since it most of the times won't hold. Mire fun defense now