PDA

View Full Version : Why does Life Steal only work with physical attacks?

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know? Did devs say anything about this?

I leveled the Vampiric Talisman set for my Corrupted Harpy knowing that it wouldn't work with her, but still, it's an amazing set that I'd love to use on the assassin Children of the Damned if I ever get him.

Although, why does it only work with physical attacks? Assassins are by far the most squishy class and the only assassin that I can recall that deals physical damage alone is the undead soldier. Why would you make a talisman set for them if only one, or a few, can actually benefit from it?

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 05:20 AM
That's the set, dude. I'm not sure what the issue is. If it doesn't synergize with some characters, then it doesn't. Not sure what you're trying to say.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 05:27 AM
No issue, just odd that is does not synergize with the heroes that it's supposed to synergize. It's an Assassin focused set.

The question is simple and it's written in the tittle of the post. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY LIFE STEAL ONLY WORKS WITH PSYSICAL ATTACKS? Maybe you can try reading it first? Just a thought

Not attacking anyone, just a question.

Why so butthurt, dude?

Kaijester
08-02-2016, 05:32 AM
I am also baffled by this talisman as I search high and low for a suitable character but in vain.

In fact, weeks ago I had reported a bug wrongfully stating that the lifesteal from Rocket Dog doesn't work on my 2nd ally which in fact my 2nd ally was dealing true damage.

Anyway the game team logged it for investigation and never came back on it.

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 05:33 AM
Whatever, man. quit trying to start a fight. Why ask a question if you're going to attack people who answer you? Because you don't like the answer? THEN DON'T ASK THE QUESTION. Now quit acting like an A-Hole.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 05:38 AM
Whatever, man. quit trying to start a fight. Why ask a question if you're going to attack people who answer you? Because you don't like the answer? THEN DON'T ASK THE QUESTION. Now quit acting like an A-Hole.

When did you answer my question? You just said "that's the way it is". That's not a valid answer. In fact you never understood the question. It was related to life steal, I talked about the set to prove that it doesn't make sense. Again, not an issue, just an observation.

Me, start a fight? Nah, man. You probably just had a shitty day, that's not my fault. Go lie down a bit or take a shower.

Carry on, dude.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 05:50 AM
I am also baffled by this talisman as I search high and low for a suitable character but in vain.

In fact, weeks ago I had reported a bug wrongfully stating that the lifesteal from Rocket Dog doesn't work on my 2nd ally which in fact my 2nd ally was dealing true damage.

Anyway the game team logged it for investigation and never came back on it.

It adds amazing stats for true damage dealers. Check this out.
This is on Battlefield Madness.

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 06:24 AM
No issue, just odd that is does not synergize with the heroes that it's supposed to synergize. It's an Assassin focused set.

The question is simple and it's written in the tittle of the post. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY LIFE STEAL ONLY WORKS WITH PSYSICAL ATTACKS? Maybe you can try reading it first? Just a thought

Not attacking anyone, just a question.

Why so butthurt, dude?

Yeah so I thought this forum was full of adults. Apparently there is one child on here. "Nor trying to attack anyone.... Etc etc" followed IMMEDIATELY by "why so butt hurt?". Yup. I'm the one who needs a shower. You need a lesson in manners. I've seen your other posts on here and they're full of little "bites" at people. Example : QUIT POSTING OFF TOPIC. Etc etc. So if you want to communicate with adults, learn how to grow up. I DID answer your question and you didn't like the answer. "try reading the question. Just a thought." is picking a fight. Now get over over because I'm done with you. Child.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 06:31 AM
When I posted stay in topic it was because it was a serious post where everyone agreed that those things need to change.

I won't say that here because it's not a serious/game breaking problem. Just a question.
I really don't know what your problem is, I don't care if you got fired or your wife filed for divorce.

I'm responsable for what I say/write, not what your brain understands.

You are understanding things the way you want to, not the way they were meant to be.

Call me child, immature, idiot or whatever you like, you won't find a fight here, not with me.

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 06:55 AM
.... I don't care if you got fired or your wife filed for divorce.

I'm responsable for what I say/write, not what your brain understands.

You are understanding things the way you want to, not the way they were meant to be.

... you won't find a fight here, not with me.

LOL. Quit embarrassing yourself, man. You say you refuse to insult, followed by insults. You say you're not a child, followed by childish comments. You say you're not trying to start a fight, followed by personal attacks. Quit embarrassing yourself, and just grow up, and truly move on. Since it bothered you so much that I answered your post I will make sure never to respond to your posts again. We are all Maiden fans and therefore blood brothers, man. No need to be so hurtful in your posts. I truly feel for you and whatever is bothering you (PROJECTION???), but I'm done on this thread. It's gone REALLY off topic and I refuse to allow my blood brother to make himself look worse and worse. Peace, man.

I didn't get the reason for your post, that was all. You decided to answer the way you did and now I know you are just looking for people to shower you with compliments instead of actually answering a question or asking for clarification on your intentions for the question. Fair enough. Now I know. Up the irons, brother.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 06:58 AM
You said you were done 2 posts ago, and I am making myself look like a fool?

C'mon man. Just stop it.

Kaijester
08-02-2016, 07:03 AM
It adds amazing stats for true damage dealers. Check this out.
This is on Battlefield Madness.

But according to my collection of LV50 Talisman thread, all purple talisman provide the same stats at level 50...in fact you will lose out on the additional set benefit from other purple Talisman.

:confused:

[remain oblivious to the heated argument...]

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 07:09 AM
But according to my collection of LV50 Talisman thread, all purple talisman provide the same stats at level 50...in fact you will lose out on the additional set benefit from other purple Talisman.

:confused:

[remain oblivious to the heated argument...]

They do give the same stats, but I don't find the others to be that usefull to be honest. The Death Mark one is cool but the ability costs is way too high (7 power) and unless you have super high damage dealers it's not usefull at all.
The one that Grants Void Shield only stops magic damage.
And the other one, the easiest to get (which I just realized I sold them all LOL), only gives a small boost to a stat.

Life Steal on the other hand is super usefull, and I leveled them up thinking that someday I'll get the Assassin Children of the Damned that deals a lot of physical and magic damage.

He would be AMAZING with the full set.

Either way, I understand that True Damage dealers do more damage than magic or physical and maybe that's why it does not grant life steal. I got my harpy to crit for 26k a few times, plus the death mark damage that scales a lot.

aur0ra85
08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Its the nature of the buff. I have it on two of my characters as abilities. The purple talisman is a bit of an enigma for sure. A character that does physical damage is almost always red, but it's not an optimal talisman for a red character. :/
Great looking talisman and super rare, but it doesn't appear to work well on anything at this point. Idk what to tell ya cept I feel your pain.

Qed
08-02-2016, 12:15 PM
The game has so many (major) bugs that you can't really say if this is a bug or is working as intended, just use other talismans or team, I don't see the developers going into this in the near future since they seem not able to fix even the major problems of the game.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I don't think it's a bug. I know for a fact that life steal only works with physical damage. I haven't tried it on a physical damage dealer character but I'm pretty sure it works.

It's odd that it only works with that kind of damage, what's even more odd is that it is an Assassins set, just that. Maybe the devs gave some kind on information or reason to this before.

Stormseye
08-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Not sure why the ability is only allocated to physical attacks. Perhaps they want to keep some kind of uniformity in that most Lifesteal passive mobs do physical damage. Both my Dog of War (warrior) and Undead Axis Gunner (assassin) have lifesteal passives and their primary skills are both physical. Of the two only the Axis Gunner has two purple slots. The Dog of War has 2 red and 1 green.

A consideration for an ally to use might be Possessed Mine? I currently have 3 Assassin(Shield), 2 Health (ward) and 1 Strength (fierce) on mine. I may level up the Vamps and see if they do any good for him. He is my current Trooper Champ and leveled to 5* though not max level yet.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Amen, Vaseodin.

Bombatomica
08-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Sorry guys, where i can find this amulet set? I'm currently farming Underworld at hard (can't beat the boss, at the moment :(), but never found one of these.

Stormseye
08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
I got my set of three from beating Underworld NOTB. Cant recall if it was hard or madness though sorry.

Schadenfreud-0217
08-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Check out the status effects in the wiki http://ironmaidenlegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effects, Spell Vamp is for Magic Attacks, Lifesteal is for Basic attacks, there's nothing about true damage.