PDA

View Full Version : My grand theory on why the RNG isnt so R

Thedarkness
03-16-2017, 03:33 PM
So, I've seen a lot of people suffering from some very strange patterns where they will get flooded or starved of certain characters ot resources. From common souls, to two star colored evo shards to three star colored evo runes to getting the same 4 or 5 star character a bunch of times (6 red rocket dogs for me after never getting one until about a two months ago).

My theory is that the game has a built in restrictor that makes it so things you dont have are rare, but once you obtain a certain amount, they become common. This was probably designed to keep your first play through the campaign challenging by not allowing you to overtake the games difficulty, which in my experience worked very well.

Now, the problem is, that this restrictor should have shut off when you reach a certain level, say get three skulls on all stages or get to level 100.But the frog people either dont know that the restrictor is there, they dont know how to shut it off without breaking the game, OR they dont want to shut it off because it helps to milk the very high roller collectors.

What happens now is that every time you use up a resource it dries up as if youve never had it before. This rewards, encourages, and creates hoarding.

Thats my two cents

Sid-2370

Saigrim
03-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Suspected this for a very long time. Along with the fact that my best drops have come shortly after dropping a few bucks in the store.

R1ck
03-17-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't think is my case, I got my red troll long time ago I haven't gotten another, also gotten only one for AoF, GCR or Red CotD.

I have also tried many things to try to get the toons a miss, for example changing my country , the time when opening the souls but well it is RNGs.
I have some cool toons but I would like a Pharaoh Eddie, CG and a hell hound or a assasin dog. :)

floki
03-17-2017, 03:33 PM
So, I've seen a lot of people suffering from some very strange patterns where they will get flooded or starved of certain characters ot resources. From common souls, to two star colored evo shards to three star colored evo runes to getting the same 4 or 5 star character a bunch of times (6 red rocket dogs for me after never getting one until about a two months ago).

My theory is that the game has a built in restrictor that makes it so things you dont have are rare, but once you obtain a certain amount, they become common. This was probably designed to keep your first play through the campaign challenging by not allowing you to overtake the games difficulty, which in my experience worked very well.

Now, the problem is, that this restrictor should have shut off when you reach a certain level, say get three skulls on all stages or get to level 100.But the frog people either dont know that the restrictor is there, they dont know how to shut it off without breaking the game, OR they dont want to shut it off because it helps to milk the very high roller collectors.

What happens now is that every time you use up a resource it dries up as if youve never had it before. This rewards, encourages, and creates hoarding.

Thats my two cents

Sid-2370

i've thought of this as well, no one gets a 5 star eddie in the first parts of the game

Fister
03-17-2017, 04:01 PM
i've thought of this as well, no one gets a 5 star eddie in the first parts of the game

You could prolly not use it anyway due to partycost ☺