PDA

View Full Version : Power & Fury in PvP

druid138
03-16-2017, 05:07 PM
With battles typically only lasting a round or two, the arena really deemphasizes an interesting part of the game - high power and fury attacks.

It would be an interesting twist to have the arena double every character's HP at the start of the battle. That would alleviate some of the coin flip concerns and bring in a broader set of strategies. Of course, it wouldn't help with the time suck issue. Just a random thought . . .

Update: I'm sure this would cause all kinds of undesirable collateral damage. I just seem to get the most fun out of the occasional battle that goes many rounds.

druid138-6195

Sag7272
03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
With battles typically only lasting a round or two, the arena really deemphasizes an interesting part of the game - high power and fury attacks.
It would be an interesting twist to have the arena double every character's HP at the start of the battle. That would alleviate some of the coin flip concerns and bring in a broader set of strategies. Of course, it wouldn't help with the time suck issue. Just a random thought . . .
Update: I'm sure this would cause all kinds of undesirable collateral damage. I just seem to get the most fun out of the occasional battle that goes many rounds.
druid138-6195

With the present AI, any longer fight can only goes for attacker's team..

Most my fight goes well in the 5-6+ rounds, have to say it's more a defense/counter attack approach & then grind away the helpless other team... With double HP it would be horrible loll

konstifik
03-17-2017, 10:46 AM

druid138-6195

If toons die too fast, it's up to players, not the gamemakers, to make sure they have a team with more HP...

In my experience, matches against mid-level teams often last 1-3 rounds while matches against top-level teams often go on a fair bit longer.

druid138
03-17-2017, 04:56 PM
If toons die too fast, it's up to players, not the gamemakers, to make sure they have a team with more HP...

Fair point. And I guess I oversold the frequency of 1-2 round battles. Now that I pay more attention, those don't really happen to me that often. Nonetheless, I do find the math interesting and wonder how strategies might change if HP was universally scaled up or down, all else equal.

In my experience, matches against mid-level teams often last 1-3 rounds while matches against top-level teams often go on a fair bit longer.

How many rounds do your top-level team battles usually go?

druid138-6195