PDA

View Full Version : Taunting Algorithm

Monte47
03-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Ok, so I've been thinking on this. And I do actually think there is an issue. My original post was in error thinking that the taunt was a power ability, and I wondered why it was allowed every turn to use it.

Now that I realize is his future basic, thanks to you making me go look, I'm still confused on why he gets to use it every turn.

I use my Carrie Rider Eddie. His future basic is Spell Vamp. On autoplay, I have never once seen the computer pick this ability to use, even though, say on Underworld Madness, it would be beneficial against the trolls.

Why then, does autoplay pick the future basic of the Mummy on almost every turn in the arena?

Jofer16
03-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Ok. I'm finally irritated with the taunting. However, I think it's an algorithm issue or something if the like.

When you battle in the worlds, your power abilities aren't available every turn. The Mummy Eddie seems to be able to use the fist power ability on every turn. I just beat one that did, but I'll tell you, it was close. I'm ranked 161 currently, so it's not like my team sucks.

I think THAT is the issue. The power should only be available to him every other turn or so.

What is "the fist" power ability? you mean the cleanse?

Sag7272
03-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Ok. I'm finally irritated with the taunting. However, I think it's an algorithm issue or something if the like.

When you battle in the worlds, your power abilities aren't available every turn. The Mummy Eddie seems to be able to use the fist power ability on every turn. I just beat one that did, but I'll tell you, it was close. I'm ranked 161 currently, so it's not like my team sucks.
I think THAT is the issue. The power should only be available to him every other turn or so.

It's not a power ability, it's a basic future move...
Some Eddies use past or future move instead of basic present on a regular basis, Storm Eddie is a good example.. haven't tested in a while​ but he never used basic present on auto unless being taunted as mummy does...
Mummy just happens to be more wise than most Eddies for PvP..

Power moves are his Titan shield, cleanse & the other stun move that I forgot the name because I never used it..

Monte47
03-19-2017, 12:20 AM
It's not a power ability, it's a basic future move...
Some Eddies use past or future move instead of basic present on a regular basis, Storm Eddie is a good example.. haven't tested in a while​ but he never used basic present on auto unless being taunted as mummy does...
Mummy just happens to be more wise than most Eddies for PvP..

Power moves are his Titan shield, cleanse & the other stun move that I forgot the name because I never used it..

It is a power ability, I know that, because I started an alternate account, and it counts when you need to use "six power abilities"

The taunt doesn't normally annoy me, but he gets to do it almost every turn. If you lose the coin toss, that's what is making people mad, imo. I still beat it, but an unskilled player wouldn't be stand a chance.

Tritium
03-19-2017, 12:57 AM
It is a power ability, I know that, because I started an alternate account, and it counts when you need to use "six power abilities"

If that's the case, then it is most certainly a bug that it counts as a power move. Mummy's future basic move is amazing, but it is NOT a power move (you can cast it for free; your power does not drop when using it). Sag knows his stuff and is right.

Monte47
03-19-2017, 01:01 AM
If that's the case, then it is most certainly a bug that it counts as a power move. Mummy's future basic move is amazing, but it is NOT a power move (you can cast it for free; your power does not drop when using it). Sag knows his stuff and is right.

You know what? I apologize, I got the future basic and his past power mixed up. So, not an bug, just sucks for the coin toss loser lol.

Tritium
03-19-2017, 01:32 AM
You know what? I apologize, I got the future basic and his past power mixed up. So, not an bug, just sucks for the coin toss loser lol.

Yeah, as Sag said, Mummy just has amazing AI and as such, he is a PITA to go up against haha. Not all Eddies are created equal in the AI department, but Mummy is certainly at the top of the list.

Fister
03-19-2017, 01:08 PM

The taunt doesn't normally annoy me, but he gets to do it almost every turn. If you lose the coin toss, that's what is making people mad, imo. I still beat it, but an unskilled player wouldn't be stand a chance.

I guess I'm one of those unskilled players then. Just battled Roburrito and lost. He has only Mummy, no SSD. Still I first touched the tablet when it was all over.

My lack of skill haven't prevented me from winning against Jofer16, donslauki and Nicko going 2nd. All you need is a little luck and control of most (better all) of your toons.

Speaking of luck I'm back to the usual pattern. 10 battles so far - I have gone 1st once. So I think I just will have to stop revenging against stun/taunt-teams with either Chuck or his damn blue parrot.

Monte47
03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
What is "the fist" power ability? you mean the cleanse?

I edited my post, any thoughts?