PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
03-19-2017, 01:13 AM
Week five down – and a pretty dynamic week!

This is wordy so bare with me ;)

First – news of the day - Jofer finally appeared! Lots of mystery for the first four weeks – but he’s been pretty active here the last few days – so welcome and hope that continues!

As far as numbers, this should be an interesting week. With the special event a number of players thought attacks were up – it remains to be seen if that continues.

Attack Wins: 100% (780/782)
Defense Wins 26% (150/569)

The Prisoner

A good deal of discussion has taken place here about how much of a difference the Prisoner makes. I will go on record and say – if he’s on your offense – it’s huge. In almost 800 matches – I lost twice. And I remember both times. One was to DJE – his GRE slaughtered my Gimp – triggering his AoF’s Passive – and that was it. Ironically – it was the same exact defense I was using! Lesson learned and necessary adjustments made ;). The other loss was to Compurocker. When it’s late and you’re clearing lists sometimes you do something stupid – and I took my Hellhound/Troll attack team for non-Prisoner teams in – and got quickly disposed of.

Other than that – not a single loss.

Defense? I think the new Talismans are making a difference. My defense hovered around 30% all week and the last two days nose-dived 4%. I expect plenty of non-Prisoner teams to have similar – or better – numbers. Brand new defense this week so we'll see how that goes ;).

Number of Attacks

I finished third, and this took a pretty high number of offensive attacks. Consequently I was attacked a lot. But there are still major imbalances out there greatly affecting the outcome. I’m sensing a great sense of frustration about this – and some like Patrice have even announced they’re stepping back until this is addressed. I would argue that there is no greater determinant of rank (given two players who are attacking the same number of times) as the number of times they’re attacked. Building a better defense has little weight if you’re competing against someone getting attacked 25% as much as you are. And I predict – with these new talismans – Hold rates will continue to drop – making number of attacks even more critical.

I personally feel the weight of these attack losses on rank needs to be reduced or eliminated until this bug is addressed. I’m going to continue to play – but not at the competitive level I have been. In my opinion it’s too frustrating and just not worth it. I’m with Patrice on this one.

A number of people have told me they don’t like sharing their win/loss percentages. That’s absolutely ok – but if you’d post number of times you attacked and were attacked that would be really helpful. And for those willing to share win/loss percentages, it will help to see if these talismans are indeed making a difference.

Thanks!

Ubajoa
03-19-2017, 01:26 AM

My stats this week. If you notice I got exact number of attacks in offense and defense. No prisoner.

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 01:26 AM
Prisoner
Attacked-403
Was Attacked-398
1 set of immunity talismans

Sag7272
03-19-2017, 01:32 AM
With Prisoner..
Att-304
Def-453

slauki
03-19-2017, 01:39 AM
thank you for sharing and maintaining this threads. and congrats for this insane winrate, you are a machine. well sharing is caring therefore i will post my stats too.

my conclusion of the week: yeah the talismans make a big difference and we will feel the effects even more this week. that leads to the problem, that siege is neutering them since they are not good stackable. so this leads to some problems:

if you can counter siege you are able to have insane winrates of 99,74%. i hope nicko will make real 100% next week :).
if you don't have him you have huge disadvantages. so we have the old prisoner is making too much of a difference discussion. but well the insane attack ratio is proving this thesis very good. a prisoner alone won't do it you need other good allies and you need SKILL. then you can reach this. c'mon guys this is sick...

the situation on prisoner defenses is better now...we will see for how long...

aside from this, the old problems are still not solved. lists give us the same names over and over and the pointsystem is a pain in the ass. especially because some people get attacked so much more than others. so it's necessary to reduce the point losses drasticly, maybe even remove them completly till this things are fixed.
but some of us are mentioning these thing since the first week of beta. so it's frusrating, that we still suffer from those issues...

i hope this event gave the devs enough information to finally make some good changes, otherwise we will loose players due to frustraition. and i cannot blame them.

one last thing: i liked the event very much since the rewards will be nice and the extra motivation to play was much appreciated. we should clearly have similar events more often.

RCarter
03-19-2017, 01:43 AM
Prisoner, no fancy new talismans.

Attacks-280/323 87%
Defends- 127/478 27%

Zero revenges. Had the time this week to do the 300 challenge, and was even able to play the last hour since daylight savings time kicked in.

I think this week, I will go the opposite direction and only do the 3 arena matches to complete the daily, and only off the revenge list.

I wonder how many defends 21 attacks will generate...lol

GO80sMetal
03-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Suspected player with glitched list:

Attacked-314
Was Attacked-106 (12% hold)

Non-Prisoner

Hold rate is terrible considering my majority of attacks against were revenges I could game-plan for. I try to never play AoP teams because I suck. But this glitch has got me Top 25 and without it, I'd probably be in the 100s. I only played so much this week because of the 300 match event.

Needless to say, I was appearing on a lot of peoples list come reset day, so I just don't know. Maybe they fixed it. Nicko confirmed I barely ever appear on his list. I tried attacking him once or twice and my team just got sent through the Nicko Buzzsaw . I'll have to go back to the LotB dojo before I try that again.

Cheers and party hard! :cool:

Nicko
03-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Slauki - great thoughts as always - but you brought up a great point I missed in the opening comments

Everyone I've talked to has really appreciated this PvP event. Kudos to the developers. It was truly a "win-win" concept. I hope they have more...

Nicko
03-19-2017, 01:54 AM
Suspected player with glitched list:

Attacked-314
Was Attacked-106 (12% hold)

Non-Prisoner

Hold rate is terrible considering my majority of attacks against were revenges I could game-plan for. I try to never play AoP teams because I suck. But this glitch has got me Top 25 and without it, I'd probably be in the 100s. I only played so much this week because of the 300 match event.

Needless to say, I was appearing on a lot of peoples list come reset day, so I just don't know. Maybe they fixed it. Nicko confirmed I barely ever appear on his list. I tried attacking him once or twice and my team just got sent through the Nicko Buzzsaw . I'll have to go back to the LotB dojo before I try that again.

Cheers and party hard! :cool:

Hey - having the matchmaking bug work in your favor is like getting Cyborg Eddie, the Prisoner, and Rainmaker Eddie on three successive G/A souls - enjoy it! Its interesting your name started appearing the last day - were you attacking more?

And thanks for posting. We all want this game to be better and fair - it's why I posted my crazy win rate - so really appreciate it

GO80sMetal
03-19-2017, 02:29 AM
Hey - having the matchmaking bug work in your favor is like getting Cyborg Eddie, the Prisoner, and Rainmaker Eddie on three successive G/A souls - enjoy it! Its interesting your name started appearing the last day - were you attacking more?

And thanks for posting. We all want this game to be better and fair - it's why I posted my crazy win rate - so really appreciate it

Yes I attacked/revenged 160 matches between Friday night and reset.

Zapathusara
03-19-2017, 02:32 AM
Short version: (hope I did the pic right, first time)
No prisioner. Started the week with 1600~ points.
Spend something like 300~330 ironite w refills.

Btw, in game Im Ravy

Long version:

Due to the event, I set a goal of 200 attacks. Just saw the event at Wednesday, played for like 4 hours straight (was on homeoffice), cleaning all lists I get.

At Friday, I realize I could get to 300 attacks. Dudes, I regret that. Played like 5 hours, with my coworker running with me (he plays too). We both get our goals, but in a time I was so sick n tired I attacked SilentKnight for 5 times with a loner Speed of Light 3*. Just to lose fast and get the #300. Still, I reached 2500 points that night.

But as I never play at weekends, I fall. A big expected fall. Lol.

I really dont know how you guys do 400 attacks in a week. Hell, Nicko did 700+. I think I have a great attack team. 4 toons full sharded, another 6 maxed. Never drops bellow 85% attk rate. No affraid to shoot prisioners. And even with that, I cant get how such things can be done. I just dont have the guts.

Dont get me wrong, I love PvP. Im playing the game since day 1, done the Beta and all. But I think I will keep running in my way. Just get the ironite and pvp coins, thats my fun.

And I know, Im one-lucky-bastard with so low defenses. My cowork has three times with the same amount of attacks. Seens I only get revenges, and attacls from the top player when I over 1800+ points.

So, maybe one day I will retry a more competitive run. But for this week, the stress dont payed off in rewards. Lets see what the NavSouls and RNG will bring me (but 3 skill shards is a much welcome blast!).

Up the irons, until next fight!

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Gee thanks! Sry I missed it

treeb0mbb
03-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Hey guys I don't play PVP ever this was kinda like my first week I went try hard mode and did really well actually from building a new team a friend suggested me. I don't have that many great toons so that's kinda the main reason I didn't ever get into pvp before. But ever since I changed my team a bit at the start of the week I had my first ever amazing run.

Usually I was really bad and won 1 match then lost one but this week my attack stats were pretty good. I tried to do most of my matches because I was aiming for that 300 match reward, and boy did I win some matches I didn't even think I could win with my setup.

Anyway here's my stats and I saw some of you guys from the forums(and troopers list) on my list sometimes haha so that was cool for me to actually get this high. Didn't think I would ever get top 100 but I got it with hard work, grinding, and patience.

Btw I'm always open to any suggestions if you guys want to give me on how to better utilize my characters. Basically any advice for PVP I'll take it!

Big shoutout to gmac, Kardas, and donslauki for helping me out with making a team(I sucked at this game but after this week I kinda know how pvp works).

PerthEddie
03-19-2017, 03:08 AM
Due to the event this is the first week I have taken part properly in PvP. Previous weeks I had just been doing bare minimum for daily rewards.

No Prisoner or new talismans

Attack - 66% (200/301) - actually had 2 or 3 more attacks which were draws
Defence - 24% (10/41)

Well one thing stands out there doesn't it? Earlier in the week I did have a theory but as I got higher (think I peaked at position 263) I am not sure that the theory stacked up. I just thought that very few players are playing PvP (hence the event). Saying that I attacked 300 players and nearly all of my defences were revenges so am I right as I got so few revenges attacks back? I know at the top end competition is brutal but I didn't see that as I climbed. There has been just over 8 1/2hrs since I stopped and I was attacked 9 times in that period which was the most over the week. From reading some posts though it is quite clear there are issues with the match making. As I got higher and refreshed my list I ended up seeing the same few players a lot of times.

Will I carry on playing PvP? I think so, not to the levels of this week but certainly more than I had been. I think I probably got as high as I could with the team I have and I don't have any premium PvP toons. I do have an AoS and AG (well 2 of each actually) sat on the bench but I need lots of green power up runes and I just aren't getting them quickly enough to develop them which is really frustrating. I won't ever be in a position to play for top 10 as I don't have resources or inclination to do it but would like to be able to make a run for top 100 or top 50 at some point.

If any of my Troopers want to look at my roster and advise how I could do a bit better then I would welcome any suggestions (my ID is Andy-4743).

Thanks to the devs for this event. It certainly has me engaged a lot more to play more PvP now even though at times over the week it was bloody frustrating!!!!!!!

90mphyorker
03-19-2017, 03:23 AM
No Prisoner.

Win - 72% (219/305)
Loss - 22% (72/322)

Stats similar to usual for me. Usually around 70 and 20 %.

jknutelski
03-19-2017, 03:28 AM
Attacks - 350
Attacked - 200
Hold - 16%
Finish 1750 points & 72% attack wins.

I would really like to see the teams that rack up 99% or 100% win ratios - my experience is that I can win roughly 80% or 90% (no data to back that up) IF I win the coin toss. The coin toss losses really drag the win percentage down. Ended up at about 1700 + or - for 4 weeks (first week was on vacation and didn't get the notification that PVP started LOLOL!!!!!). I don't spend dollars in the game (other than purchased a founders pack) and have what I consider B+ toons but never enough skill shards. No prisoner, no troll, no siege, no CG, no GCR - pretty bare bones - haven't been using the H-hound but decided to give it a try this week for defense - overall strategy change.

Really ENJOYED the EVENT and my hat is off to the players that put in 500, 600, 700 rounds!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? I wanted the loot and after putting in 4 weeks at about 120 rounds/week - 350 just about completely BURNED ME OUT!!!!! I don't want my dailys, I don't want to see an arena coin toss!!!!! OMG, I am hearing background music in the wind!!!! Definielty goin back to 3 + a few revenge kills per day this week & cherry pick like hell - I don't have issues beating Mummies or gimp but HATE the GCR.

UP THE IRONS!!!

Aristo4
03-19-2017, 03:47 AM

Fake ranks all over the place...be sure you'd never reach or stay near the top with mediocre stats and attacks suffered close to what you did yourself...add 100+ more to us than what we did and here you go 1700pts.
Its not any player's fault, but it is what it is: a freaking mess.

I wont even talk about the prisoner now, since his case is settled...waiting for him to be killed along with the unfair ridiculous broken lists.

R1ck
03-19-2017, 04:05 AM
This week I was attacked way too much, last week it was 309.
I used immunity talismans in my offense team against teams with the prisoner and they are useful although I don't like they are yellow. By the way I don't have the Prisoner.

Killhouse
03-19-2017, 04:08 AM
No prisoner
3 sets of shell/Immunity

790 attacks
451 defense

I put PVP on the back burner a few weeks ago, with the list bugs, character imbalances, cookie cutter teams it gets old. Talismans feel like a bandaid solution and maybe can add some variety but overall won't fix the other issues that are really hurting the players. We'll see as more players make the investments these require...

Hopefully we can see some fixes to the issues plaguing the PVP scene:

Lists that give the same name 10-15 names (existed in beta)
Attack imbalances where players are facing up to ten times more attacks than others
5* character power, yes prisoner is a true 5*, but so are others who are useless in PVP and even some in PVE... (Visions... poor poor Visions) why does prisoner get to be the only one that makes a HUGE difference?

Congrats to all who made their goals in the PVP Event or ranked where they wanted to. May you have some luck with the souls!

Up the Irons!

Coletrain
03-19-2017, 04:39 AM
Attacks: 434
Defenses: 87
Prisoner: Yes

Obviously my matchmaking list is bugged; I made a long post in the other thread about it so I won't repeat myself.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5031-Bugged-PVP-let-people-loose-money-and-nervs&p=34303#post34303

Aside from that, this was the most attacking I had done in PVP by a wide margin. The bonus event was nice motivation and I will enjoy the rewards, but I don't see myself attacking that much again in the future.

Shifter
03-19-2017, 04:58 AM
Attacks 311
Defense 424

That was hard to get time for that many attacks. Hope they do this again in future bUT not for awhile.

BG840
03-19-2017, 06:07 AM
ATK- 175/205
DEF- 25/192

No Prisoner Oh well, here's to this week

hold
03-19-2017, 07:49 AM
The event dragged me back in because for the first time since a long time it wasn't just about the grind there was actually something to "win" ... and I had a rather quiet week and not much else to do.

So here are my stats (no Prisoner):

A few words about it ...

1. I found a cure against the Prisoner teams (and I'm sure quite a few other's did as well). I mainly went after Prisoner teams this week because it really felt so good to beat the shit out of the Gimp ... so my apologies for the multiple attacks but also the lists gave me the same names over and over again.

I only lost 3 times against a Prisoner team. 3 times my own fault. Twice I made a very silly move and didn't pay attention. The other time I had another team from a previous fight and clicked to play. That was like bringing a knife to a Gunner fight.

I fought Jofer's team and went 1st or 2nd - won every single fight. Same with Nicko, Educated Fool and so on. Again sorry for the multiple attacks but that was also the only way to proof my theory about this team ... :)

The other losses are all against teams without a Prisoner ... or Blue Bats and I haven't quite found a counter for it yet.

Not sure if it will work this week as well when more of the new talismans are out. I'll find out soon enough but I also want to rest a bit. Last week really was insane with time consumption.

2. My defense is really really bad. The problem is that I got attacked / revenged mainly by Prisoner teams and any strategy is void against those. The Immunity talismans made it certainly worse. It does not matter what strategy you put together in your head ... the Prisoner walks through your brain and wipes it all out again. Defense is absolutely pointless right now. I really wish the devs would make a trial week and take the Prisoner out of the game just for 7 days. I think it really would be so much more fun that you can actually work with strategies. Playing most of the times against Mummy, Prisoner, SSD is a boring grind.

3. With that bad AI the point system really is painful. Friday evening I went to celebrate the green day with my Irish friends. The next morning I woke up and couldn't believe my eyes. I dropped from 3600ish down to 2700ish. More than 60 attacks and my defense obviously did nothing. That situation looking at a 900 point drop in one night really sucked the fun out of it. To end up as King III it took around 20 refills.

The unfairness lies not only in the very unbalanced attack lists but also in the fact that attacking Prisoner teams having a really hard time to loose (apart to other Prisoner teams).

An interesting approach imho could be if the Prisoner comes with a "curse". If you use him that will grant the other team permant "Perfect Attacks".

I also think that taking much less points for the defensive team is necessary because the AI really sucks. More than 95 percent wins and 10ish percent on defense says it all.

surfingwithdje
03-19-2017, 08:21 AM
Attack Wins: 100% (780/782)
Defense Wins 26% (150/569)

In almost 800 matches – I lost twice. And I remember both times. One was to DJE – his GRE slaughtered my Gimp – triggering his AoF’s Passive – and that was it. Ironically – it was the same exact defense i was using!

Hi! I'm very impressed by your stats! you really deserve your ranking on the podium !
Your defense team kicked my ass the same way this week :)

I made a lot of adjustements in my defense team this week because i losed everytime :/ I can ask me if the changes (with shell/immunity talismants and skillshards) are updated if you don't deselect/reselect your charac in your defense team because i continued to loose all the battles after those changes...
And now it begin to held sometimes...

This week i played a lot because i wanted to achieve the 300 battles :)
Unfortunely i couldn't play yesterday because i was seeing Children of Bodom (what a fu**ing good concert, no regrets at all!!) so i fall a lot in the ranking and losed something that 400 points before the reset...

My stats:
attack wins : 96% (474/496)
defense wins: 13% (60/446)

Exactly the same defense like yours but half wins... :/ All my characs are full skillsharded (at least on their main attacks) exept the prisonner who will be maxed this week. Maybe that will make the difference...? i hope because i don't understand this very bad ratio :/

Let's see how that will work this week !

BadTaste
03-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Here are my stats for week 5.
My goal was to fight 301 fights to get the rewards. When I was about to reach my goal I realized to my surprise I was in top 25, so I fought a few more fights to stay there.
I changed ABB for AOP in my defence and my defence stats went up about 5-10% comparing to previous weeks. I also changed my attack tactics a tad and I was able to win 95%. And I always clear my attack lists, meaning I don't avoid any teams. I have no Prisoner, HH or Troll.

BadTaste-7168

Enti
03-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Here are my stats for week 5.
My goal was to fight 301 fights to get the rewards. When I was about to reach my goal I realized to my surprise I was in top 25, so I fought a few more fights to stay there.
I changed ABB for AOP in my defence and my defence stats went up about 5-10% comparing to previous weeks. I also changed my attack tactics a tad and I was able to win 95%. And I always clear my attack lists, meaning I don't avoid any teams. I have no Prisoner, HH or Troll.

BadTaste-7168

Okay now this is something I'm puzzled at...

At first I just wanted to share you my stats (7 losses only, 2 from crashes, 2 from me being an idiot and the rest 3 are from RNGesus)
But seeing BadTaste finish with over 900 points ahead of me while the difference between us was only that I won 10 more fights but lost 30 more... how does this count for that diff rofl - should be around 3-400 at max.

Fun fact: 0 revenge taken by me, still 551 attacks

Whatever xD

As I said after week 4, I'll still burn my regenerated SoWs, but will PvP actively again only when the well-known issues are dealt with by devs. Until then I'm focusing on getting achievements and pimping my defense team

tex-0775
03-19-2017, 11:09 AM
No prisoner. Was forced to put back my annoying team on thursday, my def rate was basically zero and i kept getting beat below 1500. Gave mummy a set of immunity just for the fun of it. Like Patrice and others, i will probably not do much in the arena until it's fixed, so competition is on equal terms \m/

Caretaker
03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
I'm seeing CoB show on Thursday, nice to know it's good, looking forward to it :)

First of all I'd like to congratulate my troopers and ex troopers and other people of good faith for making the ranks, 300 etc.
Obviously, from the replies, win-win event was apreciated, needed, engageing, suported and only thing that made people more interested. I'm sure some cashflow came with it as well. So that should be the NF's practice in the future, you need it.
And we need better book rates. Fml if I throw in rare souls for 3*. When will I be competitive in the arena? XD (in thoughts of many out there)

I can't tell much of new talis now for they just started to show up, so for this week we'll se how they can be used well, or not so well.

This week sec locs were for my standards generous to me in ironite (10+30+0+10+10+20+25=105 +one maclo in sl, but some rewards in runes came after restart) and claimed 100 ironite from achievement of 1500 fights. So I ended the week with more then on enterance.

After finishing the 300 I was on top 25, 24. in one moment, 5 hours to go. But the guys were serious and after some consulting I decided not to run for it. When rewarded I'll buy a rune pack.

BadTaste, please.. SSDs.. thinking of ssd.. remember guys that 'heal shield bug'? or should I say Sparton tweaking his char of choice. Now we see why and what and how much tweaks he made on it. Great job there! Now perhaps it is time for new talisman slots change on other toones that are not arena usable due to their talis setup. That said, I've been thinking of making a thread on that.

Had some discussion on are there leftowers from beta present for overattacked people, or should I say, worldwide folks didn't fit into the pool.
Finally, here it is:

slauki
03-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Now perhaps it is time for new talisman slots change on other toones that are not arena usable due to their talis setup. That said, I've been thinking of making a thread on that.

actually i was thinking about this a lot. some kind of rare item that can change your talisman slots to the colour you prefer would be great.
but not sure what implications this would cause. but some tweks in the slots are clearly necessary....especially with the new talismans, which should both be green btw.
immunity is not stackable atm, but thats's a little off topic :)

BadTaste
03-19-2017, 01:25 PM
BadTaste, please.. SSDs..

Well, these last weeks I've only used one SSD i my defence... Actually I only tested two SSDs the second week of PVP. I guess it was back then my name got related to "tauntfest". But yes, I see your point, its boring, annoying and non creative...
Unfortunately I only have a few fully sharded toons to pick from. And as long the AI plays our toons the way he/she does, I guess the pool of good toons for PVP are limited... I think we should be able to decide which of our toons goes first, second etc when we set up a defence team. Maybe this could make some toons more usable/predictable in PVP...?
I have some ideas for a defence team, but at the moment I don't have the right toons or enough skillshards. :(

Kris-0707
03-19-2017, 01:40 PM
My arena stats for week 5. Total ironite spent for refills 120 or 150.
Being "not willingly chosen" as a bugged player I don't feel right to occupy top places in the rank, so I think I will not pay too much attention to PVP until all bugs fixed and will use only free SoW plus these from daily rewards.
However, I will look first on the toons I will get from Sparton300 and then will make a decision, but I suspect that drop from bonus souls will be nerfed to the ground, imho devs will not give us too many good toons for free.

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 01:48 PM
My arena stats for week 5. Total ironite spent for refills 120 or 150.
Being "not willingly chosen" as a bugged player I don't feel right to occupy top places in the rank, so I think I will not pay too much attention to PVP until all bugs fixed and will use only free SoW plus these from daily rewards.
However, I will look first on the toons I will get from Sparton300 and then will make a decision, but I suspect that drop from bonus souls will be nerfed to the ground, imho devs will not give us too many good toons for free.

Kris
Very honourable of you! However why should you or anyone else suffer from this bug! Think maybe it's time for EVERYONE to take a step back until we get some answers from the devs!!!

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Well, these last weeks I've only used one SSD i my defence... Actually I only tested two SSDs the second week of PVP. I guess it was back then my name got related to "tauntfest". But yes, I see your point, its boring, annoying and non creative...
Unfortunately I only have a few fully sharded toons to pick from. And as long the AI plays our toons the way he/she does, I guess the pool of good toons for PVP are limited...
I have some ideas for a defence team, but at the moment I don't have the right toons or enough skillshards. :(
BadTaste
I would be the 1st person to mention your team on these boards. Thot it was funny! After the 1st week of worldwide I had the highest defensive win %. Made the mistake of saying SSD's give me trouble & look what happened! Not sure if Mummy & SSD are over proc'ing or their % are just too high. Considering Sparton was running a very similar defense this should have been dealt with long ago! Sure it can be countered with the right toons but you need to have those toons. My advice to you is run with whatever makes you happy!

Kris-0707
03-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Kris
Very honourable of you! However why should you or anyone else suffer from this bug! Think maybe it's time for EVERYONE to take a step back until we get some answers from the devs!!!

This is not just about the matchmaking bug. This is about the overall bad and unfair design of PVP mode (coin toss :mad:, unintelligent AI using our team and loosing points, whole team taunted, stunned, frozen for all battle etc., sometimes PVP looks like watching someone else's gameplay on YouTube). :mad:
This is just the game and game should be fun, for now PVP isn't enjoyable as expected and I can understand frustration of other players who decided to stop playing PVP.
Anyways, trust me, if I will start suffer playing that game I will uninstall it immediately. :)

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 02:26 PM
This is not just about the matchmaking bug. This is about the overall bad and unfair design of PVP mode (coin toss :mad:, unintelligent AI using our team and loosing points, whole team taunted, stunned, frozen for all battle etc., sometimes PVP looks like watching someone else's gameplay on YouTube). :mad:
This is just the game and game should be fun, for now PVP isn't enjoyable as expected and I can understand frustration of other players who decided to stop playing PVP.
Anyways, trust me, if I will start suffer playing that game I will uninstall it immediately. :)

About the coin toss...I was one of the 1st to complain! I put it around 30/70. But as long as it's the same for everyone,which I believe it is, then I have no problem with it. Besides you have to give this stupid A.I. a chance! As far as everything else...Yeah, alot needs to be fixed!

Baba-8301
03-19-2017, 02:27 PM
I reckon we ought to start the 500 Club for all those getting kicked to hell and back thanks to the matchmaking system...

BadTaste
03-19-2017, 02:58 PM
BadTaste
I would be the 1st person to mention your team on these boards. Thot it was funny! After the 1st week of worldwide I had the highest defensive win %. Made the mistake of saying SSD's give me trouble & look what happened! Not sure if Mummy & SSD are over proc'ing or their % are just too high. Considering Sparton was running a very similar defense this should have been dealt with long ago! Sure it can be countered with the right toons but you need to have those toons. My advice to you is run with whatever makes you happy!

Yes, I remember, but I'm not so sure everyone found it so amusing a you did :) Anyway, I didn't feel bad about it, it was what I had available at the moment. I don't remeber if it was your comment that made me decide my use of the SSDs, but it could be...
Though, I feel the Mummy and SSD are over proc'ing taunt, same as CG are over proc'ing stun.
And I think we should be able to control a set of rules/options the AI should play our defence team within. Like which toon goes first, second etc, and maybe some other options...
Anyway, I kinda follow your advice already, but it would be more fun to come up with something else thats more entertaining ;)

See you in the arena! :)

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Yes, I remember, but I'm not so sure everyone found it so amusing a you did :) Anyway, I didn't feel bad about it, it was what I had available at the moment. I don't remeber if it was your comment that made me decide my use of the SSDs, but it could be...
Though, I feel the Mummy and SSD are over proc'ing taunt, same as CG are over proc'ing stun.
And I think we should be able to control a set of rules/options the AI should play our defence team within. Like witch toon goes first, second etc, and maybe some other options...
Anyway, I kinda follow your advice already, but it would be more fun to come up with something else thats more entertaining ;)

See you in the arena! :)

Yup,my SSD's collecting dust. CG over procs too,but he hits like a girl so...lmao!
Sorry ladies!!!

CanyptianFit
03-19-2017, 03:30 PM
No prisoner.
Attack - 446
Defense - 395

Didn't think I would get time to play Fri/Sat so i made sure to get 300 by Thursday.

The timing also affected my usual late run approach.

I saw the same names on my list generally.
gmac had his way with me, R1ck, caretaker and others were always there.

Glad the developers had this event. Nice rewards. Thanks.

Still of the opinion that the taunts are overprocessing. People say you have to shard the SSD to make a difference and boy that 15% feels more like 40%. I refuse to shard the SSD...and I pay for it but oh well.

Attacks were definitely up early in the week due to the event.

Cheers all...up the irons.

The Educated fool
03-19-2017, 03:57 PM
AtkW: 91% (362/397)
DefW: 24% (121/512)

Lots of attacks this week, but I expected that, due to the event. Props to Sparton and the boys for givin' us something new to fight for! :cool:

I wasn't gonna post, but I figured I'd add to the 500 Club stats. lol

compurocker
03-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Sorry I was one of your losses, Nicko. What a run!

I make plenty of mistakes like that, even more so this week since I was just trying to get the 300 games in and was often playing while walking around running errands and such.

Here are my stats with Prisoner (no new talismans).

Thedarkness
03-19-2017, 05:00 PM

Don't know if the image is going to work.

Stats (No Prisoner)
Rank 44
Attack: 92% (282/306)
Defense: 13% (35/267)

I'm pretty proud of what I was able to do with a very limited roster in terms of not having fully sharded toons or fully maxed talismans on a lot of my team. I didn't have the advantage of participating in beta to buy a few months worth of skill shards but have definitely benefited from reading these boards.

The event coincided nicely with me finally sharding up the SSD. That alone helped my defense by at least 10% points. Had been down at 1-2% for weeks. The new talismans also helped me crack the Prisoner teams with a weirdo attack combo. I don't think I'm benefiting from the list but my team almost exclusively gets attacked by higher ranks than me, I will continue revenging with gusto.

Don't think I'll ever play 300 matches again, unless I some day get the gimp, I feel like I punched above my weight class this week.

Cheers.

Sid-2370

Chaosego888
03-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Week 5 stats
ATK 93% (384/413)
DEF 23% (108/480)
Rank 18 (I think)
No Prisoner although I have a ridiculous stockpile of souls that could contain one but since Sacrifice is a 6 month project...

I started last week by playing on Sunday and trying to maintain a higher point total through the week. Between the time I went to bed Sunday Night and got off work Monday evening, I had lost 700+ points while still fighting a few battles on breaks. With this ignorant point system, there is absolutely no reason I should be refilling during the week just to drop to the same spot I would be in anyway so Lesson learned there. I tried to reply to another thread last night aabot the attack lists but I can't get this site to go back to mobile view, so anything to do with this forum is a pain in the ass for me right now... Something weird I noticed about Kris & Coletrain, These guys used to be on my list a lot but have stopped showing up at all since they rose to the top of the leaderboard. I don't know if this has anything to do with that or not... sure as hell didn't help me! I know it is supposed to be that way when you are ranked in the hundreds but when I have time to play on Saturday and get closer to the top 10, a few names show up over and over and some never...Same names show up, same names omitted each week... Glad to see some pain in the ass defenses showing up from Nicko and Jofer... Got to come up with something new for those

Baba-8301
03-19-2017, 08:15 PM
I can help with one thing - there's a drop down at the bottom of the page that will let you reselect the mobile theme.

ovy
03-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Hi guys,

These are my stats for the week:

I finished 26th, four points shy of the 24th and 25th. Not only that, but a 20 point win against our gracious host Nicko came in about 30 seconds too late. Heartbreaking stuff... On the other hand, I seem to be getting only Burning Mummy Dogs from G/A souls lately and I'm in no particular need of skill shares so who knows if it would have made any difference.

A note on defense: I don't play consistently during the week so I spend a lot of time in the lower ranks. Don't think the number is directly comparable to the always-high people above, hold rate drops significantly once I'm up in the ranks. Anyways, I went for a fun non-formulaic D rather than try to squeeze another 5 percent so I'm cool with that.

On offense, it's sort of the opposite bias: I go for 20 points most of the time and only run the lower rank lists if I make a run. Moreover, about half of the losses are the crashes I reported in the bug reports thread. So it should be higher still.

And a note on the future: PvP is great fun and all, and it gives meaning to the months of grinding as well as turning on their head the previous ideas about which characters are strong (remember "there are no good sentinels"?). BUT to be competitive requires an enormous amount of time particularly on Saturdays. I've had some downtime on two Saturdays as a fluke, but I don't think I can attempt to make a run again anytime soon. I'll contend myself with sniping 20-pointers every now and then and getting some ironite.

Like others, I feel that something has to change with the balance of time / skill for the months of building up teams to be worth it. For example, getting offense above 90% is immensely more difficult than 80%, but everyone can simply play 10-15% more games and make up for that. That's not good. Skill (/ team strength) should matter far more.

PS: no Prisoner.

Best,
Ovy

Monte47
03-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Anyone else have there Skill Shard purchasing ability reset to six days? Both my SO and I were at 1:21 minutes before reset, and after, it was locked again as if we had purchased one for the week.

Silentknight
03-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Anyone else have there Skill Shard purchasing ability reset to six days? Both my SO and I were at 1:21 minutes before reset, and after, it was locked again as if we had purchased one for the week.

Usually fixes itself. But I've never seen it take this long. There are others with same problem. Open & close game a few times might help,otherwise contact support

rider
03-19-2017, 09:15 PM
My stats/ for this week.
Attacks: 228/300 (76%)
Defenses: 4/67 (6%)
Finished 29th with 2900 points

67 defensive battles are pretty much in comparsion with earlier week (usually got attacked max 52 times). This week was very funny, I accepted challenge of 300 battles a did for a first time ever refills of SoW. As I have not much time to play I decided to play with my glass cannons team from PvE + a healer. Occasionally I switched a toon to prisoner if had to fight a team with lot of passives or very strong passives (sorry, if you defend with red bat, blue bat anf red troll I don't have alternative to the prosoner). This reduced drastically the battle time but also drawn down the win rate. Defensive rate is as always miserable. Anyway 6 times the battle went into round 20 and 4 times I accepted the draw, also a kind of personal record.
As I said, very funny contest with a small luck against taunt/freeze, only disappointed to be drawn down from 16th place out of top 25 in the last 5 hours. But I overcame a temptation to do one refill more :D

Chaosego888
03-19-2017, 09:21 PM
I can help with one thing - there's a drop down at the bottom of the page that will let you reselect the mobile theme.
Thanks man, I had looked for but didn't think it would be there, definitely easier to read this way.

Enti
03-19-2017, 09:23 PM
My stats/ for this week.
Attacks: 228/300 (76%)
Defenses: 4/67 (6%)
Finished 29th with 2900 points

67 defensive battles are pretty much in comparsion with earlier week (usually got attacked max 52 times). This week was very funny, I accepted challenge of 300 battles a did for a first time ever refills of SoW. As I have not much time to play I decided to play with my glass cannons team from PvE + a healer. Occasionally I switched a toon to prisoner if had to fight a team with lot of passives or very strong passives (sorry, if you defend with red bat, blue bat anf red troll I don't have alternative to the prosoner). This reduced drastically the battle time but also drawn down the win rate. Defensive rate is as always miserable. Anyway 6 times the battle went into round 20 and 4 times I accepted the draw, also a kind of personal record.
As I said, very funny contest with a small luck against taunt/freeze, only disappointed to be drawn down from 16th place out of top 25 in the last 5 hours. But I overcame a temptation to do one refill more :D

I'd exploit this rate of being attacked if I were you - my stats (seen in the first few pages) are:

Attack: 300/307 (98%)
Defense: 133/551
Finished 142 with 2147 points

With some investment to boost your win rates to ~85% and more number of attacks made per week, you'd be pretty much in top 10 :D

Rodrigo-3281
03-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Attacks: 156/220 - 71%
Defense: 100/319 - 31%

Non-Prisoner team.

On Thursday, I finally brought from the sidelines the Artillery Dog and that made a huge difference to my attack team. I wasn't that afraid of going 2nd anymore. Still, some teams like with the Blue Bat or Prisoner can give me trouble.

Two toons I still want badly are Prisoner and Warrior Troll.

Monte47
03-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Usually fixes itself. But I've never seen it take this long. There are others with same problem. Open & close game a few times might help,otherwise contact support

Ah, cool. Thank you

HomemLivre
03-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Since the devs are ignoring everything related to pvp bugged system I will take no more about it, Im just exhausted of it, my last time...

Its just ridiculous the number of players that shows to be bugged in here and who knows how much more dont even participate here in the forum...

At least I am not the only one to be attacked more than 200 times more than the number of times I attacked, feel bad for BadTaste, Enti and Baba too and really dont care even a little about people being attacked this number with more then 500 attacks (It's not funny to want to compete on the number of attacks you receive when you're not part of the problem, not at all).

Numbers of this week:
Attacks - 339
Defenses - 539

Last weeks:
Attacks - Maximum of 413 in weekend rush (avarage 250 to 350)
Defenses - ALWAYS 400+ no matter how many times I attacked

To the shit with this bugged system.

Edit: First sentence - Talk no more

Enti
03-19-2017, 11:45 PM
Since the devs are ignoring everything related to pvp bugged system I will take no more about it, Im just exhausted of it, my last time...

Its just ridiculous the number of players that shows to be bugged in here and who knows how much more dont even participate here in the forum...

At least I am not the only one to be attacked more than 200 times more than the number of times I attacked, feel bad for BadTaste, Enti and Baba too and really dont care even a little about people being attacked this number with more then 500 attacks (It's not funny to want to compete on the number of attacks you receive when you're not part of the problem, not at all).

Numbers of this week:
Attacks - 339
Defenses - 539

Last weeks:

Couldn't have said better. Homem, sorry mate for that many attacks, but you are on my list like 4 out of 5 times. I usually just stare at the screen and... gosh, he's there again, poor guy

HomemLivre
03-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Couldn't have said better. Homem, sorry mate for that many attacks, but you are on my list like 4 out of 5 times. I usually just stare at the screen and... gosh, he's there again, poor guy

Your are many times on my list to, but is not your fault and please feel free to attack me whenever you want to, we are on the same boat of extreme opposite side of the ghosts.

Jofer16
03-19-2017, 11:51 PM

Numbers of this week:
Attacks - 339
Defenses - 539

Last weeks:

Edit: First sentence - Talk no more

Out of curiousity, what are your numbers so far this week? I want to see how I stack up against others when I'm not doing refills:

Attack: 100% 27/27
Defense: 36% 24/66

Enti
03-19-2017, 11:54 PM
Out of curiousity, what are your numbers so far this week? I want to see how I stack up against others when I'm not doing refills:

I am currently at (only regenerated SoWs used):

Attack: 100% (30/30)
Def: 21% (8/38)

My AI needs serious tweaks dammit xD

HomemLivre
03-20-2017, 12:05 AM

Im now at:
Attacks - 27
Defenses - 32

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 12:07 AM

Wonder y ur being attacked so much? Ur defence is a killer,made sense when u were #1 but now...
Attack-30
Defense-33
My attack/defense are usually identical

Jofer16
03-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Wonder y ur being attacked so much? Ur defence is a killer,made sense when u were #1 but now...
Attack-30
Defense-33
My attack/defense are usually identical

Yeah I'm double what you guys are so I guess don't feel bad :) I probably get more attacks because people recognize my name or maybe the dev team got sick of me winning so they doubled my chances to get attacked haha

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 12:18 AM
Yeah I'm double what you guys are so I guess don't feel bad :) I probably get more attacks because people recognize my name or maybe the dev team got sick of me winning so they doubled my chances to get attacked haha

Or u've always been at the high end of the spectrum & just never noticed

treeb0mbb
03-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Anyone know when we are going to get our rewards from the promotion?

Tritium
03-20-2017, 12:55 AM
Anyone know when we are going to get our rewards from the promotion?

Sparton said within the next couple of days (24-72 hrs). I figure the dev team don't work weekends, so we'll likely get our rewards by tomorrow or the day after.

Aristo4
03-20-2017, 01:00 AM
Sparton said within the next couple of days (24-72 hrs). I figure the dev team don't work weekends, so we'll likely get our rewards by tomorrow or the day after.

What he said ^^^^

btw, you've been MACLO-struck :rolleyes:

Heavy1974
03-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Hello there,

don`t know if i have the time to post every week, but here we go for last week :

Attk: 266/326 (82%)
Def.: 18/86 ( 21%)

ended up Rank 17

Have no prisoner nor green corrupt rescuer.
Those are pretty evil though

previous weeks i attacked much less, should be around 150-160, got attacked not that much either.
Enden up mostly top 50, missed the top 25 until last week.

zdm-1083
03-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Hi there,

I'm one of non attackable (?!) guy.
Therefore it is quite easy to mount in rank :rolleyes:
I went for the 300 attacks as everyone for the reward.
And I also try to go again prisoner team this week.
Well, I must say that is not that hard, sometime it is but I'm pretty sure that I got 70/30% win against them :D

BTW, no prisoner, no SSD on my side.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/454525Screenshot20170319182325.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=454525Screenshot20170319182325.png)

scott-5496
03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
I really hope the devs read all this stuff but I am also pretty sure that this event (while very nice and welcomed by most) would be a way for them to get a feel for what a maxed out play week would be like financially for them - they have to see how an event will help them get money in the door and we all know they need money for this to work. I would love to see play stats from the week before and the event week to see what difference it made to how many were playing - some of the nightly drops in rank I received were massive but then the climb back up the next day did not always take that along.

I have a Prisoner and got my 300 attacks.

Attacks 291/311
Defence 98/510

So my ratio has not changed much over the weeks - not quite double the difference.

Happily going to keep playing but I really hope they fix the ratio bug for us all as like others say it means the ranking is broken and not level playing field.

Kudos again to all the big hitters and some of the stats posted are superb - I am OK with what I do but my defence just does not cut it and would like to see it getting closer to 25%-30% like some other on here. I need shards but I do have decent toons so either RNG is getting me or it really is about the shards. Still it has been a sort of fun week but not sure I can be bothered doing 300 battles unless the prizes are as good...or better in the future.

DaveMurray
03-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Don't laugh, new player and only playing for 2 weeks :p

RCarter
03-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Week to date stats:

Attacks- 6/6 100% -look out Nicko...
Defends-27/67 40%

Again, only doing the 3 a days for the Daily, and only revenging.

Be curious to see if I get the regular number of defends.

Caretaker
03-20-2017, 03:07 PM
@jofer16: I think you're not doubled, vast of those were probably due to revenges from saturday. And some more from who wanna kick the top guy. But your def rate keeps you floating I presume.

gmac
03-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Hi guys,

Had a wedding Saturday and that was a great excuse for me to stop at 300.

Last week
Attacks 309
Defenses 493

This week so far
Attacks 43
Defenses 64

@Nicko, congratulations, and you just made my point that The Prisoner on offense is too much. 2 losses on 800 matches... come on. You're a top player but this is out of order.

@Caretaker, can't wait on that thread about talismans mandatory colors discussions.

Caretaker
03-20-2017, 04:23 PM
@Gmac - should we start that black whole? You kinda made me more interested what people have in their roosters sitting

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Hi guys,

Had a weeding Saturday and that was a great excuse for me to stop at 300.

Last week
Attacks 309
Defenses 493

This week so far
Attacks 43
Defenses 64

@Nicko, congratulations, and you just made my point that The Prisoner on offense is too much. 2 losses on 800 matches... come on. You're a top player but this is out of order.

@Caretaker, can't wait on that thread about talismans mandatory colors discussions.

A 'weeding'??? And u didn't invite me,thx bud! Get it...'bud',lmao!

gmac
03-20-2017, 05:04 PM
@Gmac - should we start that black whole? You kinda made me more interested what people have in their roosters sitting

I'm certainly interested in that discussion.

For instance.
- Some toons that do true damage have blue/red slots (AoS, w Troll, s Pyro)
- SoL Eddie would be useful with a green spot now. 3 blues make him too weak for PVP.
- Can't see any toon that can stack 2 immunity sets. (perhaps change gunner undead soldier?)

Kardas and Slaudi could add some nice considerations I think.

gmac
03-20-2017, 05:06 PM
A 'weeding'??? And u didn't invite me,thx bud! Get it...'bud',lmao!

LOL

Wedding, sorry guys.

;)

Zapathusara
03-20-2017, 05:12 PM
LOL

Wedding, sorry guys.

;)

Eu to rindo imaginando o tipo de casamento que tu foi. Kkkk

Back to English: that must be an wild n wild wedding. Very good excuse to stop playing. Lol.

Bradata
03-20-2017, 05:22 PM
I was ashamed of my stats because my defense sucks big time but what the hell.
Attack - 94% (476/508)
Defense - 13% (46/361)

Was gonna go for the top 10 but wife was going to brake my phone if I didn't stop playing on Saturday at 4:30PM so instead of racing to the top in PVP I went and saw "Beauty & The Beast" with her to save my phone from braking :rolleyes:
The only thing that makes me fight for the top 25 is that extra shard I get, the Gun/Assassin souls I got so far and I dare to say it's been more than 40 of them are all BS, never head anything good worth mentioning here from them.
Other than that as you can see, my defense has the worst % from all top 100 players here... bad luck or I'm doing something wrong :(
The only reason I am high in the ranks is that I play more than 450 fights every week and I win most of them :p
So to those who complain that they have been attacked too much I say: Compare your defense % to mine and then stop complaining!
I am sick & tired of listening to complains at work (working as a customer service manager), don't want to read more here too ;)
Thanks to the new talismans at least my attack % is gone up a little bit.

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Was gonna go for the top 10 but wife was going to brake my phone if I didn't stop playing on Saturday at 4:30PM so instead of racing to the top in PVP I went and saw "Beauty & The Beast" with her to save my phone from braking :rolleyes:

LMAO,good call!

Bradata
03-20-2017, 05:29 PM
LMAO,good call!

Ya, man! This game is gonna get me divorced one day!

gmac
03-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Back to English: that must be an wild n wild wedding. Very good excuse to stop playing. Lol.

haha :D

Actually, if it was 100% up to me I would rather stayed home that day.
But right now my girlfriend hates this game more than she rates my ex wife, so... not really a choice.
And it was nice to go, better than I expected, reminded me that social life is also important :)

Cheers mate, another one from down here, nice.

gmac
03-20-2017, 05:34 PM

At the same time it might save me from a second marriage! LoL

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 05:41 PM

Better hope she doesn't ever read that! So no pics? Love to see Gmac all dressed up!

Bradata
03-20-2017, 05:45 PM

Not sure about you but me, I would not make that mistake twice... not that I have to for now but you never know.

Caretaker
03-20-2017, 05:59 PM
You guys made me laugh quite a bit. We'll all be priests if we continue this. Gf loves maiden, but hates me atm. My cat though is fine with me being at home hhh.

Hmh Gmac, some toones you mentioned are quite balanced as is. Not that I don't agree they could get better, but they are fine. I really think of for now useless toons, how can we make some newcomers. I can see some good out of that if more people understood what is ment otherwise it will go to whining over fine and already overused chars.

gmac
03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Hmh Gmac, some toones you mentioned are quite balanced as is. Not that I don't agree they could get better, but they are fine. I really think of for now useless toons, how can we make some newcomers. I can see some good out of that if more people understood what is ment otherwise it will go to whining over fine and already overused chars.

Interesting perceptive too, would also add to the discussion. What toons do you have in mind?

I guess with time the game will implement some sort of ban system, that will force us to use what is considered non premium toons... People are already at 100% in rate... that is boring.

Would make it easier if we could swap skill shards too, hard to invest without the idea of the final result.

And as for PVP, perhaps only 2 mandatory slots? Or maybe none, let us get creative!

Zapathusara
03-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Interesting perceptive too, would also add to the discussion. What toons do you have in mind?

I know that was a direct question, but I'd like to add. Me and my coworker usually try out some dofferent toons. We are working in particular two of them:

Warrior Desert Guy: dmg scales w debuffs. Team dependend, but can OHKO many toons with some setup.

Purple Undead Rescuer: more promising. its basic can hit for 7k dmg single target with extra turn chances. But without skill shards its useless.

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 06:35 PM
On the topic of stacking immunity talismans, there are more than I expected that could be used for just that. However, most are pretty lackluster characters that would be even worse filling them with 4 x yellow talismans (2 turns of immunity, 1 versus Siege):

Interesting characters no one uses are

Magus Meathead who can cleanse and heal a character for 3 power.
Gunner Newborn of Light who can cleanse and buff attack and magic for 4 power.

gmac
03-20-2017, 06:42 PM
I know that was a direct question, but I'd like to add. Me and my coworker usually try out some dofferent toons. We are working in particular two of them:

Warrior Desert Guy: dmg scales w debuffs. Team dependend, but can OHKO many toons with some setup.

Purple Undead Rescuer: more promising. its basic can hit for 7k dmg single target with extra turn chances. But without skill shards its useless.

Maybe you're right, and I hope you are, but for me a lv3 is lv3, and would be hard to compare to a lv4/5.
The only lv3 I see worth for PVP are Mummy Eddie, that guy with Strand (that's being overlooked) and Blue Alied Soldier... and that gunner undead soldier perhaps.
I think we will only use more lv3 if the game force us too, which I believe will happen someday, but not in a near future.

And I really hope you are right and I'm wrong here.

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 06:45 PM
On the topic of stacking immunity talismans, there are more than I expected that could be used for just that. However, most are pretty lackluster characters that would be even worse filling them with 4 x yellow talismans (2 turns of immunity, 1 versus Siege):

That's y I'm maxing every character in the game. Almost got all the basics done but still lots to collect

Caretaker
03-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Red Imp! Gunner undead hunter! 2* toons that could kick ass, but don't

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 06:51 PM
That's y I'm maxing every character in the game. Almost got all the basics done but still lots to collect

I was trying to do that but ran out of character spaces... sitting on too many doubles hoping for some value from sacrifice!

One day, the Sandworm will reign supreme! (not likely)

gmac
03-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Magus Meathead have a yellow mandatory? (don't have him on my roster anymore)
Gunner newborn, interesting, only 4 skill shards too, but, only cleanse one toon... what if that guy taunted first round? These new tallys only really work for Prisoners owners unfortunately.

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Gunner newborn, interesting, only 4 skill shards too, but, only cleanse one toon... what if that guy taunted first round? These new tallys only really work for Prisoners owners unfortunately.
2 yellow,1 blue

Caretaker
03-20-2017, 06:59 PM
So, should we open that black whole?

gmac
03-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Red Imp! Gunner undead hunter! 2* toons that could kick ass, but don't

See man, lots of interest in this topic!

Red Imp and W Desert Warrior would certainly benefit from purple slots. Makes not sense all reds. Add that to my first list!

Gunner Undead Hunter with 3 greens is pretty ridiculous too. I have him at lv5 100, but don't think I would use him even with talisman slot changes.

gmac
03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
So, should we open that black whole?

Seems like it for sure...

Maybe Nicko can do too, since he is like forum King and certainly has a way with words/people.

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 07:02 PM

I just went through the character list on the Guides and Tips section of the forums.

Magus Meathead is 2 yellow, 1 blue mandatory. Base stats are awful (about 5k HP @ 5*) so you could have one green talisman. The cleanse doesn't help versus taunt since it'd be applied after the taunted character attacked already that round so only helps for stun/freeze. And if you have a Prisoner, you really don't need to ever stack 2 sets since you never have to deal with Siege so again this hurts non-Prisoner teams the most.

I find the talismans help a ton versus Prisoner teams for those that do not have a gimp of their own. Unfortunately, it also makes Prisoner teams that much stronger (especially on attack).

Really just looking outside of the box, typical PVP character rosters are slim and very stale at this point if you played through Beta. There have been no real balancing updates to shift character usefulness. As soon as you cross the 2000 point range in PVP, you see about 8 different characters being used which gets boring. If they offered the talismans in different colors, I think you could really make some fun rosters to add some variety to the game.

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 07:02 PM
See man, lots of interest in this topic!

Red Imp and W Desert Warrior would certainly benefit from purple slots. Makes not sense all reds. Add that to my first list!

Gunner Undead Hunter with 3 greens is pretty ridiculous too. I have him at lv5 100, but don't think I would use him even with talisman slot changes.

Yeah man,keep up the good work! Off 2 work,cya in the arena!

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 07:07 PM
I just went through the character list on the Guides and Tips section of the forums.

Magus Meathead is 1 yellow, 2 blue mandatory. Base stats are awful (about 5k HP @ 5*) and you wouldn't have any green talismans. The cleanse doesn't help versus taunt since it'd be applied after the taunted character attacked already that round so only helps for stun/freeze. And if you have a Prisoner, you really don't need to ever stack 2 sets since you never have to deal with Siege so again this hurts non-Prisoner teams the most.

I find the talismans help a ton versus Prisoner teams for those that do not have a gimp of their own. Unfortunately, it also makes Prisoner team that much stronger (especially on attack).

Really just looking outside of the box, typical PVP character rosters are slim and very stale at this point if you played through Beta. There have been no real balancing updates to shift character usefulness. As soon as you cross the 2000 point range in PVP, you see about 8 different characters being used which gets boring. If they offered the talismans in different colors, I think you could really make some fun rosters to add some variety to the game.

I'm looking at the toon & it's 2 yellow,1 blue 4 sure. Check my roster

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Fixed!

Had them backwards, thanks!!

gmac
03-20-2017, 07:12 PM

I find the talismans help a ton versus Prisoner teams for those that do not have a gimp of their own.

Let's see what happens when people start using AoP/DD + Prisoner:cool:

Prisoner passive as it is needs to go from PVP. Change it for siege next update, rewrite it, and replace it with something equivalent of other lv5 toons.
Siege needs to work on Prisoners teams. Otherwise no defense really stands a chance for top guys with Prisoners.

A green talisman that would multiple effect of other talismans x 2 would also work perhaps...

Silentknight
03-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Fixed!

Had them backwards, thanks!!

Np,happy 2 help
Cya

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Let's see what happens when people start using AoP/DD + Prisoner:cool:

Prisoner passive as it is needs to go from PVP. Change it for siege next update, rewrite it, and replace it with something equivalent of other lv5 toons.
Siege needs to work on Prisoners teams. Otherwise no defense really stands a chance for top guys with Prisoners.

A green talisman that would multiple effect of other talismans x 2 would also work perhaps...

I don't know if you played any Diablo 3, but they had a Ring you could wear that kinda acted like what you are suggesting where it would count your set bonuses one higher if you had the ring on.

Not sure the AoP and DD paired with the Prisoner is as great as it sounds. You sacrifice a lot using that combo and if there is a prisoner on the other team, it's wasted. I found with Immunity and Shell you could challenge some of the best Prisoner teams (Jofer and Nicko for example) and can win even going second. I'm sure you know that I don't have a Prisoner either and share the same thoughts that he needs a counter.

I'd love to have some other 5* characters get buffed for PVP to make them usable (Visions, Allied General, Children of the Damned, and so on....). So many wasted natural 5* characters that need some love.

gmac
03-20-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't know if you played any Diablo 3, but they had a Ring you could wear that kinda acted like what you are suggesting where it would count your set bonuses one higher if you had the ring on.

Not sure the AoP and DD paired with the Prisoner is as great as it sounds. You sacrifice a lot using that combo and if there is a prisoner on the other team, it's wasted. I found with Immunity and Shell you could challenge some of the best Prisoner teams (Jofer and Nicko for example) and can win even going second. I'm sure you know that I don't have a Prisoner either and share the same thoughts that he needs a counter.

I'd love to have some other 5* characters get buffed for PVP to make them usable (Visions, Allied General, Children of the Damned, and so on....). So many wasted natural 5* characters that need some love.

Never played Diablo 3, actually I was not into "videogames" since like... playstation 2 perhaps... LOL

AoP+Prisoner+Mummy+SSD should give people trouble i think.

Totally with you that he needs a counter, and other lv5 should matter. Let's make PDK great again! LOL

Killhouse
03-20-2017, 07:41 PM
The Ring reduced the number of items required for Set Bonuses by 1. So in the Beast, it would be like you could use 2 Invis talismans and this "Ring" to finish the set of 3. It's a neat idea.

And the teams you suggested that I saw could taunt you but couldn't kill you fast enough. Although I didn't see many from names I recognized so they possibly were unskillsharded and non-optimal Talisman combinations. That AoP lightning is a thing of beauty when he's sharded!

Completely agree on the making Great again (or for the first time... Visions...).

Side note:
Has anyone actually fully skill sharded Visions and see any feasible way he'd be good in PVE or PVP?? He was my first 5* ( have a few now) and was so disappointed to put him in the roster and see how lackluster he is. SAD (haha)

gmac
03-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Side note:
Has anyone actually fully skill sharded Visions and see any feasible way he'd be good in PVE or PVP?? He was my first 5* ( have a few now) and was so disappointed to put him in the roster and see how lackluster he is. SAD (haha)

HomemLivre has a full sharded one, and he should be great, but right now his cleanse does not even work on the second round as it should!
With Immunity sets he should be able to use that ability first round (and second too), and as he has all greens mandatory that new green talisman would make him hard do kill... all theory here.

Monte47
03-20-2017, 08:15 PM

Lol, my Partner and I play together from 7-8 without fail. Tho, he did use the word "obsessed" in regard to my farming yesterday. That said, he has probably spent $300 on the game, where I'm ranked 1200 higher than him and have spent $125. Lol. He will never get that he has to look at a toons skills to see the type of talisman he needs

HomemLivre
03-20-2017, 08:24 PM
HomemLivre has a full sharded one, and he should be great, but right now his cleanse does not even work on the second round as it should!
With Immunity sets he should be able to use that ability first round (and second too), and as he has all greens mandatory that new green talisman would make him hard do kill... all theory here.

Yeah! Gmac is right! I used in attack for some time and hes awesome with full skill. I will let it as my toon for troopers try it in PvE.
Some considerations about Visions:
- Have a nice damage especially combined with magic resistant reduction toons;
- Even without new sets he is a monstruous tank;
- Atm hes not worthy couse of Equilibrium not cleanse in the second turn, but I will certain use him when they fix it! (hope to someday be able to...)

So Killhouse, atm hes not worth of the skillshard investment, someday he will be if they fix him.

Jofer16
03-20-2017, 09:42 PM

I tried to come up with a AoP/Prisoner team due to the temptation of talisman disabling but soon realized any team with a prisoner renders it useless, the same issue as any other toon who's main usefulness comes from their passive. There's a ton of fun combos I'd love to try centered around passives but they just aren't viable with Prisoner hanging around to instantly disable them just by standing there. He cuts the meta down by like 90%+ singlehandidly.

I actually love facing AoP teams, i have a Prisoner so its ineffective and if you pop a void shield it just murders its own team when it uses the aoe damage power ability.

Zapathusara
03-20-2017, 10:48 PM
I think defense Prisioners are much more affordable than before. Thanks to talis, RedPyro and aproach them with a more tanky team.

Long ago, I suggested that Prisioner should block all passives of both teams. For the guys using it in attack, can this be a solution? Or it is OP no matter what?

I have some funny ideas for defenses, but all dismantle in front of this single little toon. For the sake of diversity, something needs to be done. New talis are much welcome, but I think we have half the issue yet to solve.

For me, better a fair nerf than an ban.

HomemLivre
03-20-2017, 11:39 PM
I think defense Prisioners are much more affordable than before. Thanks to talis, RedPyro and aproach them with a more tanky team.

Long ago, I suggested that Prisioner should block all passives of both teams. For the guys using it in attack, can this be a solution? Or it is OP no matter what?

I have some funny ideas for defenses, but all dismantle in front of this single little toon. For the sake of diversity, something needs to be done. New talis are much welcome, but I think we have half the issue yet to solve.

Good point!

gmac
03-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Zapathusara

This would be ok prior to those new immunity talismans... but right now they would still be able to use the new talismans effects and block siege (and all other passives), so immunity no matter what first round, on offense that is what makes the difference I believe.

I would suggest they remove it for now, put lets say siege in there, and rewrite the old one afterwards for something that would still make some passives work. Killing all passives make the game boring and unbalanced imo.

zdm-1083
03-21-2017, 08:02 AM
I wonder about Viking Eddie, did you know why sometime he switches to future skill?
That's a bit not fair for AoS :D

scott-5496
03-21-2017, 10:19 AM
I still do not get the massive OP issue with Prisoner. I have him and he is my defence and attack...but I also have good toons on defence and my hold rate at this moment is 10% so he means little I think as the PVP world knows how to get rid of him. Certainly people are getting me and they are mostly maxed talisman (still working on a few in defence team) and they also need some shards but other than that I think people now know how to get him - I used to get around 20% hold rate (including last week) so I think the worm is turning on him?

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 01:25 PM
As I said before, I think (like Gmac) that the Prisoner is to powerfull on attack teams (and I already said that this new talis would benefit only prisoner teams when they was released).
If you dont have him, its almost certain that you will replace him on defence by a AOP. Prisoner blocks all passives on enemy team (including AOP siege) and let the attack team use all new talis for free when the defense team can be easily be defeated. I preatty sure thats hard to be more clear than that.
If you have some doubts about the effectiveness of the prisoner on attack, just check the almost 100% win that some guys have with him. I do not want to take their merit, dont get me wrong, but we all know thats a fact. If you dont have a Prisoner you sure should be creative to get a high % attack wins.

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 02:27 PM
As I said before, I think (like Gmac) that the Prisoner is to powerfull on attack teams (and I already said that this new talis would benefit only prisoner teams when they was released).
If you dont have him, its almost certain that you will replace him on defence by a AOP. Prisoner blocks all passives on enemy team (including AOP siege) and let the attack team use all new talis for free when the defense team can be easily be defeated. I preatty sure thats hard to be more clear than that.
If you have some doubts about the effectiveness of the prisoner on attack, just check the almost 100% win that some guys have with him. I do not want to take their merit, dont get me wrong, but we all know thats a fact. If you dont have a Prisoner you sure should be creative to get a high % attack wins.

Really guys...have u looked at the top teams rosters??? Takes alot more than a Prisoner to equal 100%. Right now a Prisoner + CG=80%. Really getting sick of this,the devs know & have a plan. They will follow their own agenda,which is fine,nothing we say is going to make a difference. Would much rather see them add to the game than nerf! Evolve!!!

gmac
03-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Really guys...have u looked at the top teams rosters??? Takes alot more than a Prisoner to equal 100%. Right now a Prisoner + CG=80%. Really getting sick of this,the devs know & have a plan. They will follow their own agenda,which is fine,nothing we say is going to make a difference. Would much rather see them add to the game than nerf! Evolve!!!

Nicko would still be up there and Jofer would still be Eternal without him, I'm sure of it.

You can do well without him, I made top 5 few times myself.

But I do fell that his passive need to change big time, it's too powerful and makes the game boring and polarized between those who have him and those who don't.

And let's remember that everything else but Prisoner and SSD got nerfed so far...

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Nicko would still be up there and Jofer would still be Eternal without him, I'm sure of it.

You can do well without him, I made top 5 few times myself.

But I do fell that his passive need to chance big time, it's too powerful and makes the game boring and polarized between those who have him and those who don't.

And let's remember that everything else but Prisoner and SSD got nerfed so far...

Ugh!!! Ur the last guy I wanted to respond,lmao!!!
All good points but it's out of our hands...wait & see...always changing

gmac
03-21-2017, 03:55 PM
There's a ton of fun combos I'd love to try centered around passives but they just aren't viable with Prisoner hanging around to instantly disable them just by standing there. He cuts the meta down by like 90%+ singlehandidly.

That's our top player's take on The Prisoner's passive.

I rest my case!

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 04:02 PM
That's our top player's take on The Prisoner's passive.

I rest my case!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion!
I happen to like that he puts u on another level. Kinda thot that was the point of this game...to collect the elite toons. Right now he is in a leaque of his own,that could change. Hopefully Sacrifice will help!
He also makes sub par teams decent,he has a purpose. Adding other toons/skills/talismans is the way to go...i.m.o.
P.S.
There's more than 1 top player & they all have different opinions

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 04:02 PM

I think you didnt get my point, mate. I just explaining the point to that guy who see no difference on the prisoner.
Takes more than a prisoner to make 100% victory, of course it takes, and how about not to have him? Thats why I said that if you dont have a Prisoner you need to be lots more creative to reach a good % attack victory, thats it.

I agree with you that devs have something in theyr minds about this, but WHEN they will use this no one knows and the arena needs some HARD fix (and thats is one of then) ASAP! Everyday in this scenario makes the game even more boring with the same teams everywhere. Lots os chars to test but no room for them.

Cumps.

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion!
I happen to like that he puts u on another level. Kinda thot that was the point of this game...to collect the elite toons. Right now he is in a leaque of his own,that could change. Hopefully Sacrifice will help!
He also makes sub par teams decent,he has a purpose. Adding other toons/skills/talismans is the way to go...i.m.o.
P.S.
There's more than 1 top player & they all have different opinions

As I said a long time ago, devs have a way to fix prisoner problem (and I agreed with you in that) but they will not do it and I said it before ShaolinLondon did what he does (Spend LOTS of cash to get a Prisoner).
Devs created a very unbalanced char for PvP and they want people to have him, but hes super rare, so need to spend LOTS of cash or being blesses by the RNGs God.
When several players manage to get the Prisoner, or when they achieve theyr monetyzed goal they will put the stored fix to use. They need to get cash and thats a way to do this.
The day the Prisoner get off the podium of the most OP char, another will take his place and the cicle continues. This is basics to make money in a "free to play" game.

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
I think you didnt get my point, mate. I just explaining the point to that guy who see no difference on the prisoner.
Takes more than a prisoner to make 100% victory, of course it takes, and how about not to have him? Thats why I said that if you dont have a Prisoner you need to be lots more creative to reach a good % attack victory, thats it.

I agree with you that devs have something in theyr minds about this, but WHEN they will use this no one knows and the arena needs some HARD fix (and thats is one of then) ASAP! Everyday in this scenario makes the game even more boring with the same teams everywhere. Lots os chars to test but no room for them.

Cumps.

Yeah,I understand completely. Again,all good points but out of our hands. Can debate til we're blue in the face,not changing anything! Waste of time! Right now let's get the lists/attack # fixed!

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Yeah,I understand completely. Again,all good points but out of our hands. Can debate til we're blue in the face,not changing anything! Waste of time! Right now let's get the lists/attack # fixed!

Yeah! Thats why I talk no more about it and dont even care to talk about the list to, devs do what and when they want to and dont care about our complainings...
We are in the dark for some time here in the forum, and maybe thats the devs answer to us.

Edit: I forgot to reaffirm that I only talk about the prisoner again couse that dude see no dif between have or not have him.

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Yeah! Thats why I talk no more about it and dont even care to talk about the list to, devs do what and when they want to and dont care about our complainings...
We are in the dark for some time here in the forum, and maybe thats the devs answer to us.

Edit: I forgot to reaffirm that I only talk about the prisoner again couse that dude see no dif between have or not have him.
Gmac,HomemLivre
No hard feelings guys! Kinda enjoy these little debates...well kinda!
Whether it's the arena or the forum u r both worthy opponents!!!
Edit: got it!

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Gmac,HomemLivre
No hard feelings guys! Kinda enjoy these little debates...well kinda!
Whether it's the arena or the forum u r both worthy opponents!!!

Relax, non taken hahaha!
I agree with you, its nice to debate here in the forum and to go agains you both in the arena!
Cumps for both of you,

Probably getting 2 spots on trooper if you are interested :)

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Relax, non taken hahaha!
I agree with you, its nice to debate here in the forum and to go agains you both in the arena!
Cumps for both of you,

Probably getting 2 spots on trooper if you are interested :)
No openings,CanyptianFit is #1 on waiting list,u will be #2.

HomemLivre
03-21-2017, 04:43 PM
No openings,CanyptianFit is #1 on waiting list,u will be #2.

Ok, just let me know when you get room.

CRAVEN19827
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
I 've played so much because of the event...The rewards were not as good as i expected2673

CanyptianFit
03-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Thanks SK, I'm patiently waiting!

Homemlivre, I agree that the prisoner can be a difference maker on offense and with additional work now can still be tough on a defensive team; the data has proven that.

I too like that there is a character like him in the game as SilentKnight mentions. The gimp is gunner for a reason.

I've been playing for a while, have spent a little money on the game, but over time we are bound to get a good mix of toons that can take down the gimp. I hope to get him someday, but won't spend the money to do so as some others have. I'll wait...maybe I'll never get him.

Keep sharding up good toons, that is the biggest difference against the gimp imho.

Up the irons.

PS, maybe sacrifice can help with the odds?

HomemLivre
03-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Thanks SK, I'm patiently waiting!

Homemlivre, I agree that the prisoner can be a difference maker on offense and with additional work now can still be tough on a defensive team; the data has proven that.

I too like that there is a character like him in the game as SilentKnight mentions. The gimp is gunner for a reason.

I've been playing for a while, have spent a little money on the game, but over time we are bound to get a good mix of toons that can take down the gimp. I hope to get him someday, but won't spend the money to do so as some others have. I'll wait...maybe I'll never get him.

Keep sharding up good toons, that is the biggest difference against the gimp imho.

Up the irons.

PS, maybe sacrifice can help with the odds?

Hope that with sacrifice some players get new toons and a mix of different teams shows in the arena :)

Kris-0707
03-22-2017, 02:43 PM
I don't expect that sacrifice will bring a lot of toons. I assume that will be the same as was with Sparton300 rewards. Big expectations and silent drop rate nerf. P2W game, nothing is for free. :-)

Aristo4
03-22-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't expect that sacrifice will bring a lot of toons. I assume that will be the same as was with Sparton300 rewards. Big expectations and silent drop rate nerf. P2W game, nothing is for free. :-)

PVP is mostly P2W...otherwise the game as a whole is not.

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 04:02 PM
PVP is mostly P2W...otherwise the game as a whole is not.

Sure, if u want eternal. I've been top 5-25 since beta started without spending anymore than the free ironite earned each week. Yes, The Prisoner helps but I didn't pay for him either.
Edit: Sry Tom...probably shoulda added this to Kris's post

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 09:58 PM
The server update we just released (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5076) has major changes to matchmaking.

We're probably going to see some weirdness this week due to the existing state of players and how the matchmaking functions, but hopefully things'll start working more reasonably towards the end of the week and through all of the subsequent weeks.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and feedback. Let us know how the new matchmaking treats you.

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 09:59 PM
The server update we just released (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5076) has major changes to matchmaking.

We're probably going to see some weirdness this week due to the existing state of players and how the matchmaking functions, but hopefully things'll start working more reasonably towards the end of the week and through all of the subsequent weeks.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and feedback. Let us know how the new matchmaking treats you.

K, thank u sir!

Tritium
03-23-2017, 03:46 AM

Awesome; thanks for the update!

Sag7272
03-23-2017, 01:42 PM

Good to ear! Tanks, who knows maybe next week I'll go back to competition now this is sorted :)... If I ever find time lol..

Nicko
03-23-2017, 05:42 PM

Thank you - much appreciated!

Askora
03-24-2017, 07:05 PM
A little late, but my stats for last week were Rank 54, Points 2515, Attack Wins 75%, Defense 5%. Keep hoping to get something for defense, but mummies seem to be the thing anymore.