PDA

View Full Version : [Support / Devs] Feel like I'm being Ignored

kjtaylor13
08-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Hi,

Me and a number of other people in the forums here, have all reported the same issue of the game levels reseting and then being unable to get back into the game.

I know I've reported this to support via email and the webform on the website. And I'm sure many others have done this too.

Can someone please get back to us all with an Update of what the issue is, and when we can expect it to be fixed. All we are asking for is comminication. Dont stay silent. Let us know you are working on it. How you're getting on with it. If your fix hasn't worked, that your trying something else. But this silence is becoming deafening...

Thanks, heres hoping for an update.

Kevin

https://twitter.com/kjtaylor13/status/760368202056667136

Atheist
08-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Hello. Since last night I'm facing the same problem. My account is at level 1 and unable to do *****.
As you well stated a LOT of other people having this problem for days even weeks now and still not an answer.
Personally because I have spent LOTS of money already I'm thinking to request refunds if I dont get an aanswer or fix to this soon.
But anyway wth there isn't around here a single Game developer to make an announcement? Keep us updated or whatever.
And if not a game developer something like a Community manager would be OK. This game and these forums need some people like community managers, people who are interacting with the dev team and keep up us updated. Also, forwarding our requests and give answers.
This game 's communication level as also as the support team are far far way behind the standards they should be.

Jennie-5128
08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Well there's Lamia; she seems to be official

Stonewall
08-02-2016, 12:25 PM
I agree with the the sentiments of the previous posts. Where is the communication? Where are the developers or community managers? There seems to be plenty of communication on special offers and such - getting us to spend money. I've been in IT for over 20 years and completely understand that bugs get missed in QA. However, the lack of communication from the Developers/CMs is not acceptable and just makes things worse. I've opened a ticket and no reply so far. Lack of communication only leads to the perception that nothing is being done to fix the issue when I am sure they are working on a fix.

I think we would all just like confirmation that this is a known issue or possible ETA on resolution. :) This game has tons of potential and we all want it to succeed!

Kaijester
08-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes, Lamia is an official of the game team while I am a gamer who started early and really like this game so here I am, trying to make this game more enjoyable for everyone too.

Pre world launch, I sent a dozen of bug reports to the game team and they used to reply on the following day. However, after the official launch, the game team is flooded with support tickets and apparently unable to response as fast as they wanted.

I believe they will work something out, perhaps hire more programmer or support staffs so I will just be patient and wait for a better tomorrow.

Oh yah, I started the compilation of bug reports thread in hope that people will not send tickets of the same issue but sadly I am unable to do anything on account or login issues.

kjtaylor13
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi Kaijester,

Thanks for replying. I do understand the large volume of tickets, but I do think they need to handle the communications a little better. Be more active here, and let us know what is going on. As hearing nothing is concerning. If this was just me with the issue, then maybe there is no need to communicate publicly, but there are many of us with the issue. So they should speak up.

Hopefully they will reply and let us know whats what. Even if it's a "It may be a while, we're trying x and y. Please be patient, and we will give you an update in 48hrs" and then 48hrs later "still working on it sorry, next update 48hrs" etc etc....

I dont think it is asking too much!

Thanks

Kevin

jpmusic
08-02-2016, 01:10 PM
As Jennie already said Lamia is the official representative of the game team here on the forums. She hasn't been active since Friday though... A little odd.

Thuban
08-02-2016, 03:11 PM
I submitted a support ticket and posted in the forums when I lost my account to the "reset bug" that's going around - heard nothing. I've tried hard to support this project but it's time for me to move on. Good luck

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I totally agree. I understand they're flooded with requests, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to post 1 update in the forum. It's THEIR forum, not a reddit or other site where some people may not find it. This forum is part of the official site and a common sense place to post updates for players. Communication goes such a long way with these things.

jpmusic
08-02-2016, 03:49 PM
I totally agree. I understand they're flooded with requests, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to post 1 update in the forum. It's THEIR forum, not a reddit or other site where some people may not find it. This forum is part of the official site and a common sense place to post updates for players. Communication goes such a long way with these things.

+1, give this man a cookie

Kaijester
08-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Update: I was informed by Lamia that it has been a long weekend due to a holiday hence no update for the past few days...stay posted.

kjtaylor13
08-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Hi All,

Just received an email from support. Offering me the option of starting again with a new account. I've replied immediately asking if I will get my eternity pack and all my iaps back on the new account. If I do then I may consider it. But otherwise I'll have lost major progress and a lot of money.

If they can restore all my purchases and my Eternity pack I will run on only one device.

Hopefully they'll reply quickly as I responded within a couple of minutes.

Cheers

Kevin

Lamia
08-02-2016, 04:47 PM
As Jennie already said Lamia is the official representative of the game team here on the forums. She hasn't been active since Friday though... A little odd.
Hey everyone, sorry for the absence, yesterday was a holiday here in British Columbia, Canada. I was away for 3 days and mistakenly thought I'd have a reliable internet connection.

If you're unable to play the game most likely you have the "Facebook loop" issue, which can present itself differently, but the underlying cause is a data conflict on your account. The game team says some of these accounts can be fixed manually by support, but it takes investigation and time digging through all the data to find specifically what the issue is (because it's different on every account unfortunately), then attempting to fix it. That's another reason for the backlog in support requests as this very important issue is also a time-consuming issue.

I'm told extra people have been put onto this problem:
- to help identify accounts that have a data conflict, and
- to help manually fix these accounts if possible, whether or not they've contacted support.

Meanwhile the game team is still working on a permanent fix to help all accounts with this issue and prevent future occurrences.

Unfortunately some of these data conflicts cannot be fixed by support and require the wide-sweeping fix that will be applied by the game team as soon as possible.

All I can ask for is your patience with the support and game teams, I know everyone involved with Legacy of the Beast is hard at work and doing their best to deliver a good gaming and overall experience for you, the fans.

kjtaylor13
08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Hi Lamia,

Thank you for the update. It is greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed the wide sweeping fix will be coming soon.

Thanks

Kevin

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I submitted a support ticket and posted in the forums when I lost my account to the "reset bug" that's going around - heard nothing. I've tried hard to support this project but it's time for me to move on. Good luck

Sorry to hear that, Thuban. But I don't blame you. I have spent so much money and worked so hard at building my team that if my game reset I would absolutely quit as well. It would heartbreakingly devastating. One can only put up with so much.

Atheist
08-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Hi All,

Just received an email from support. Offering me the option of starting again with a new account. I've replied immediately asking if I will get my eternity pack and all my iaps back on the new account. If I do then I may consider it. But otherwise I'll have lost major progress and a lot of money.

If they can restore all my purchases and my Eternity pack I will run on only one device.

Hopefully they'll reply quickly as I responded within a couple of minutes.

Cheers

Kevin

Please keep up updated because Im facing a similar problem and If its about to lose my 5*Axis Commander, my 5*Nomad and all the progress so far, instead of start gambling again with the RNG Devil (which will never give them back to me) and going through every single stage from normal Ailing Kingdom to madness Underworld, i prolly will ask for money refunds and quit this game.

Ash
08-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Speaking of support i emailed them about 4 weeks ago regarding the founders pack and still heard nothing back. At least it wasnt too important i guess and no longer needs a reply. :/

Stonewall
08-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the update on the issues! Hopefully they will get this all fixed in a timely manner and we can get back to letting our Eddies out on the prowl! Cheers :cool:

BlackshirtOgre
08-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Hello,

I have submitted my ticket back on July 20th. I had a response by the 21st (very timely considering the number of issues/tickets). I can provide you my situation for comparison. I bought the founders Assassin pack back when it was offered. When initially starting the game for the first time somewhere around the 5th or 6th of July, I logged in and tied my account to Facebook and had no issues with the game glitches or otherwise. I moved to a level 42 (I believe) the day that the login issue occurred. Initially, I had a long login screen after an update in which the bar on initial login took approximately 60 minutes (had to put phone, Samsung S5, on charger while login was going). After that was able to get in, played one level Horace to farm and it locked up, after the initial LoTB login page, I got the "Brave New World" background with a spinning Eddie Icon. I closed the application multiple times and after repeated failures, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game entered my Facebook data at he initial screen and still got the "Brave New World" clouds that change color and a spinning Eddie icon. I was able to get in again and see all the characters and fiddled with them but the game/app locked up and closed but was unable to login since then. Since submitting a ticket, I have had a couple of contacts and the representative has been as helpful as possible. On July 29, they made an offer to reset my account and reissue a Founders pack code and some in-game compensation. My concern is losing all the characters and Eddies I've collected besides the Vampire Hunter Eddie (5* Warrior Child of the Damned ~ 84/100, 4* Magus Child of the Damned max 80/80, 4* Gunner Eddie, 40-something/80, 3* Killers Eddie, (2) Speed of Light Eddies, many others etc.). My concern is if I reset and uninstall/reinstall...I restart the lottery of characters that I will not draw the same characters in the lottery, miss the Starter Pack (I previously bought) plus gold purchases for leveling. What scares me the most is I start over and a month later, I lock-up on login and have to restart this process again if the developers don't fix the issue because they don't know what it is that is occurring. They said they cannot manually fix in my situation and did not have an ETA on fixing the issue when replying on the 27th. I would assume for those who have open tickets, that if they cannot manually fix the issue, the offer would be the same as mine.

Best I can offer everyone, they are working on it and they do genuinely want to rectify the issue.

Flann
08-02-2016, 08:00 PM
I guess I had been fortunate not to be hit with this glitch, until today. I have had minimal glitches and crashes. However this morning upon completion of the secret level in Underworld-hard I received server connection error and booted off before the rewards screen. Since then I have not been able to log in more than past the cosmo page (if I even got that far).

BlackshirtOgre
08-02-2016, 08:02 PM
I guess I had been fortunate not to be hit with this glitch, until today. I have had minimal glitches and crashes. However this morning upon completion of the secret level in Underworld-hard I received server connection error and booted off before the rewards screen. Since then I have not been able to log in more than past the cosmo page (if I even got that far).

I have read on other posts that some people have had luck with playing on their original account with an app emulator on their personal computer. I may give that a shot.

Flann
08-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Hmmm. I may as well on my 2 n 1.

Flann
08-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Ok now that's a new one. I actually got a mission complete and rewards from it. However backing out of it all my progress had been reset to Ailing Kingdom normal mission one. This is getting really frustrating.

jpmusic
08-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Here's how things are going on my end:

Started over almost a week ago, and I'm already very close to where I was. Still... I haven't received any more information regarding the bonus that I should be getting. I'll be patient since I've already managed to recover, but I must say I do want what the team promised me.

Thanks for clearing up the situation Lamia! You are the best.

Good luck everyone!

UPDATE: game team has added my bonus Ironite about an hour ago. Cheers.

DeathByGuitar
08-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Devs offering to help you restart by offering some goodies is absolute BS. I spent in excess of 20 rare souls to get one decent 4* character. Not to mention the weeks I spent grinding for mats to level talismans. You don't just push the rest button on stuff like that.
Plus, where's the guarantee it won't happen again in a couple of weeks?
Add to that next to no communication from the support team and the situation looks more dire by the minute.

Atheist
08-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Just something to keep the rest of the community updated.
The support team replied to me a few mins ago and from what they said a fix in my (our for the most) problem will be solved in around 1 week.

"The good news is we still have your original game, if I'm not mistaken its Account ID is *****, rank **** and created on July ***.

The bad news is we have no capability right now to transfer your login back to your original game. This is functionality we're working on now, and the current estimate is 1 week before it's in place. "

Flann
08-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Matt -LotB the producer of the game has been posting on other threads about this very issue.

Atheist
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Matt -LotB the producer of the game has been posting on other threads about this very issue.

Since the forums are a bit hard and chaotic can you give the links to his reply?

Matt_LOTB
08-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Since the forums are a bit hard and chaotic can you give the links to his reply?

Hi!

I was posting over in a feedback thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?468-Devs-please-read-The-grinding-system-is-beyond-broken-NOT-A-RANT&p=3162#post3162) on the general forum.

I'm glad the support team got back to you, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this fixed.

-M

Atheist
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Hi!

I was posting over in a feedback thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?468-Devs-please-read-The-grinding-system-is-beyond-broken-NOT-A-RANT&p=3162#post3162) on the general forum.

I'm glad the support team got back to you, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this fixed.

-M

Hell-Ohz Matt and thanks for your reply!
Well, truth to be told, with all this situation:
as a human I understand that "sometimes things can go wrong and various unexpected problems can occur and blah blah blah"....
as an automation and electronics engineer (my profession) I feel compassion for the support and dev team and wishing them to stay strong.....
as a fan and gamer I feel a bit disappointed....
as a professional and overall a customer, who spent money, I feel frustration....
I think it's only reasonable. What should I do? Patience. What do I do? Patience. Will rage/flame help? Nope. We are not 15year old kids anyway (even tho I feel like they took my candies away :P )
What I want? My account back as it was of course and a stable reliable game to play, enjoy myself and spent money. Note that only this way people will spent on the game, it it's untrusty everybody will go free2play.
I question myself seeing all these bugs and glitches overall:
Was the game actually ready to be released? Did they really tested things out before the game was released? And if so, what kind of tests in terms of gameplay/connectivity/reliability/stability did the beta testers went through? Even what kind of beta testers were selected...
Overthinking it? Maybe yes maybe not.
The reason behind all these thoughts? Another question.
Does this game worth spending more money? It's not I have spent only a small amount for a Legendary Pack for example. Till now I have buy quite a few stuff ;)
Let's say my account will be back. Will this glintch get fixed once and for good or in a few days it may happen again? And what will happen then?
Now that's something that can't be answered for various reasons and it's 101% reasonable.
But I believe you should build trust and communication with the player database to make these thoughts disappear or at least minimize them.
I believe NOW you start doing it and I feel confident about it. And a bit happy.
Also, as I stated in a previous comment the forums seem a bit chaotic. One example-suggestion you may want to take into consideration.
Lock the Game Update section. Only you guys must be able to post there. Once an Admin does a post about any Updates, the rest members could discuss and post on it but having multiple spam threads asking" what was in todays patch" "what did the patch gave us" is just taking resources and creates chaos. If somebody wants to ask he can do it in the general section, what I want to say is keep the important sections as much as clean and easy to find things.
Another thing. Do a Sticky/ pinned post and introduce the Admin/Dev/Community Mangers/Mods of these forums. So to know when to address when we are facing problems, have questions, need clarifications and etc.
Also it would be wise to highlight with different colours the names of mods/dev team/admins and etc. It will be a lot more easier to find these people when needed in the Active users list and sent them messages when needed.
If you have done anything from the above I apologize but as I said it's a bit chaotic here and haven't found anything similar.

PS: The sup team got back yeap but the problem is not fixed, it will be in around one week as they said :P sooooooo I'm just waiting...

Tc!